NYJetsFan.com Forums: Is It Fixable ? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (Today, 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
santana Icon : (Today, 01:28 PM) 2-0 lead most dangerous kind of lead
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Is It Fixable ?

#1 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

Sanchez: 'I'll Be the One to Fix It'
By Nick Gallo

Posted 5 hours ago

As the rain came down on Sunday afternoon in New Meadowlands Stadium, many would have presumed this game was taking place in Miami during hurricane season. As a result the Dolphins defense seemed to feel at home in the conditions, and Jets quarterback Mark SanchezPosted Image was on the wrong side of that defense throughout the afternoon in the Green & White’s 10-6 loss.

“We squandered an opportunity and there were plenty of chances to win,” Sanchez said. “We just couldn’t capitalize on offense and its unfortunate, especially when your defense plays as well as they did. It starts with the quarterback on offense and these last two weeks I haven’t played like I played earlier this season and I need to fix it and it starts with me. I need to be the guy to turn it around.”

The second-year quarterback was 17-of-44 passing for 216 yards and an interception, bringing his season tally to 16 touchdowns and 12 interceptions after starting the year with eight touchdowns and no interceptions. While the conditions certainly made completions hard to come by, part of the problem for the Jets offense may have been that Sanchez had to throw 44 times, because the rushing attack only mustered 87 yards on 31 carries.

With the Jets recording eight more first downs and 149 more total yards than their opponents, most would have presumed a Jets victory from looking at the stat sheet. Unfortunately for head coach Rex Ryan’s crew, two Nick FolkPosted Image field goals were all they could put on the scoreboard.

They did come close, however, to reaching paydirt when typically clutch wide receiver Santonio HolmesPosted Image found himself wide open in the back of the end zone but couldn’t hang on to a perfectly placed pass from Sanchez.

“We all took our turn making mistakes,” Sanchez said. “For every drop, there were probably three or four poorly thrown balls. It falls on the quarterback and I have a lot of work to do. So I’ll be the one to fix it.”

At one point the offense’s struggles nearly prompted Ryan to replace Sanchez with veteran quarterback Mark BrunellPosted Image, but he decided against it. The fifth overall pick in the 2009 draft had a 45.3 passer rating and added four fumbles to his interception (although his teammates recovered three of them).

Sanchez was just as candid as his coach about the potential benching.

“Rex and I have a good relationship,” Sanchez said. “I’m not worried about getting pulled or anything but he has to make those decisions. I’m glad he left me in. I think he feels like I give us the best chance to win and that’s why I’m playing. When I play like I do today, though, I’m sure it’s frustrating to watch, as frustrating as it is to play like that.”

Holmes is a newcomer who has made a huge statistical impact while only playing nine games this season, but the former Super Bowl MVP might be singled out for that unfortunate drop. In the postgame locker room, however, he seemed to have part of the answer to the Jets' offensive problems.

“Converting third downs and getting off the field on third downs,” Holmes said. “If we move the ball on third down, we can put ourselves in better situations to score points. And if you turn the ball over, you can’t win the ballgame by doing that.”

The Jets were 6-for-21 on third-down conversions and 0-for-3 on fourth down during the game, and despite having 81 offensive plays to the Dolphins’ 56 and more than eight minutes more of possession time than Miami, they couldn’t find the end zone. Holmes did finish the game with two catches for 57 yards while fellow veteran receiver Jerricho CotcheryPosted Image led all receivers with five catches for 69 yards. He seemed resolute after the game about the team’s next step.

“We have to get it fixed fast. This is the home stretch in December,” Cotchery said. “We’re talking about making a run and these are the games that you have to win, so whatever it is, we have to get it fixed fast. We’ll go back to work and look at it and go from there.”

While they didn’t get any help Sunday from the Raiders, Titans and Chiefs — all of whom could have helped the Green & White solidify a playoff berth — the Jets didn’t even uphold their end of the bargain. Now 4-3 at home and 5-1 on the road, Ryan’s 9-4 bunch has to travel to play the 10-3 Steelers and 9-4 Bears before finishing the season at home against the now 3-10 Bills.

“It doesn’t get any easier,” Sanchez said. “The good news is that all of this is fixable. The bad news is we have some good teams to play. It’s a good challenge.”

21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

Time to wake people up. We need to do something and most believe it is Schottys fault. Can him Shake it up and get some Attention.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users