NYJetsFan.com Forums: Wells Fargo (Wachovia) Fines $85M - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wells Fargo (Wachovia) Fines $85M If you own WFC stock sell NOW.

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

Wells Fargo’s $85 Million Fine

Posted on21 July 2011. Tags: $85 million, 12000 individuals, 85 million dollars, banking, banking industry, Board of Governors, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, borrowers, employee contracts, Fed Reserve, Federal Reserve, high priced loans, John Stumpf, loan applications, loans, The Federal Reserve, Wells Fargo, Wells Fargo & Co., Wells Fargo Financial Inc., Wells Fargo mortgage

Wells Fargo & Co., in an official statement, announced that it had reached an agreement with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve on the subject of accusations that company’s financial unit (Wells Fargo Financial Inc.) maliciously lured borrowers into getting significantly high-priced loans while also being lax (or deliberate) in regulating loan applications that were fraudulent or had falsified information.

As a result, Wells Fargo has been fined 85 million U.S dollars in civil penalties, the largest fine that the Federal Reserve has ever dished out to a company in history.

The Federal Reserve has even barred 16 individuals involved from ever working in the industry again.

Wells Fargo’s Chairman and CEO John Stumpf stated,

http://inewp.com/?p=8160

“The alleged actions commited by a relatively small group of team members are not what we stand for at Wells Fargo . . . Fair and responsible lending practices have been at the core of our culture, and they will continue to guide us as we work closely with the Federal Reserve to provide restitution to customers who may have been harmed, and to reinforce our internal controls so they further reflect Well Fargo’s commitment to helping customers succeed financially.”

Despite the consent of Wells Fargo in paying the $85 million, the company does not need to admit to ever doing what the allegations accused the company’s financial unit of.

Before and during the investigation, Wells Fargo terminated its employee contracts with those involved and provided some forms of financial compensation to those negatively affected.

Now that the investigation and agreement is over, Wells Fargo must continue compensating those harmed which is estimated to exceed a total of 12,000 individuals.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

When I worked at Wells I saw this happing first hand. I just shook my head. The sad thing is the people who did it really did not get any real incentive. There sales culture is so heavy that you just wanted to show numbers so you didnt have to listen to your manager.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

f***! I'm closing on two deals next week and both buyers are bieng financed by Wells! I hope this doesn't affect them.

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 21 July 2011 - 09:05 PM, said:

f***! I'm closing on two deals next week and both buyers are bieng financed by Wells! I hope this doesn't affect them.

Probably not. This issue is not new just now being resolved.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

Wells fargo sales people = douchebags

i serviced a couple offices last year in the dc area and got to know a few

DOUCHEBAGS
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

I was there for 5 years. Here is a typical day for a store manager

7:45 Sales teleconference with DM (distict Manager). You would report how many appointments you had set for the day and what you were doing to hit plan. Usually if you did not have at least 3 per banker set you would get greif.

8:30 Sit with your PBs and Service manager to see what there plan is to hit there goal. If they did not have a plan you would have to either give them greif or help. PBs needed 10 sales a day and the Service Manager had to make sure each teller had 2 sales.

11:30 Follow up with Bankers and SM to see where you stand for the day.

12:00 Teleconference with distict Manager to say where you are. Hopefully you have #s to report otherwise you will get grief and have to be on the 2:00 harrasment call.

1:00 you might get a lunch break but dont plan on it.

2:00 On teleconference if you did not have your numbers @11:00 this was a call you did not want to be on. It got ugly.

6:00 Nightly call with DM. You would report your numbers for the day. If you did not hit your goal you had to share your plan on how to hit your plan the next day. If you were not on track for the month you would be required to stay and make sales calls (cold calls) until you set appointments.

Also If you were not at your X-sell target or any particular metric you would have a weekly harrasment call with your Regional VP and DM. This was a call that sucked. Basicly you had to explain why you suck and why you did not sell that college kid 2 checking accounts or 2 savings accounts or any other product they did not need.

Wells Fargo B of A Citi all suck. Stay away from the big banks. They are after nothing but your money. I am fortunate to work for a smaller regional bank now that trusts there people and treats there customers right. The day I gave notice at Wells a branch about an hour north fired there whole staff for sales integrity.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users