NYJetsFan.com Forums: Keller And Mangold Giving The Business To Scotty Mcknight - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 11:39 AM) real madrid shooting practice continues
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Today, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Today, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Keller And Mangold Giving The Business To Scotty Mcknight

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

Scotty McKnight is wearing No. 15 for the Jets, but his jersey might as well be a bull’s-eye.

McKnight, a seventh-round draft pick by the Jets, faces the torment all rookies do in training camp, but the wide receiver is an even bigger target because he is close friends with quarterback Mark Sanchez. Many of the Jets players knew McKnight before he joined the team, making him an easy mark.

Like everything in 2011, the jokes have moved into the world of social media, where Jets players love to poke fun at “smcknight21” on Twitter.

“Just found out that @Mark_Sanchez got a massage on our day off, the bad thing is that @smcknight21 was the masseuse,” Dustin Keller posted.

McKnight knew what he was facing when the Jets drafted him. He has spent each of the past two Decembers in New Jersey with Sanchez while on winter break from college at Colorado.

“He’s the best friend of one of our teammates and we all know him,” Keller said this week. “We know we can give it to him better than anyone else.”

McKnight has accepted his lot, and said Keller and center Nick Mangold are the biggest culprits. Mangold caught McKnight taking a nap in the trainer’s room this week, and soon it was on the Internet for the world to see.

“Lazy mcbones aka @smcknight21” Mangold wrote along with a photo of a sleeping McKnight.

“In between meetings a guy tries to catch a 10-minute nap while he gets therapy and Nick puts it on Twitter,” McKnight said. “People are calling me and texting me, like, you took a nap today at practice. It was on some gossip website. I knew that coming in I was going to be the target because guys know me a little bit more.”

Mangold may win the award for the most creative use of Twitter to haze McKnight. He found a high school photo of McKnight with long hair and inserted the picture over Peter Brady’s head in The Brady Bunch.

“I’ve known Scotty since Mark has been here,” Mangold said. “Now ... Scotty is in the building for a purpose and not just hanging around. ... He’s doing a heck of a job. He’s got some speed. He’s real smart.”

While McKnight accepts the teasing from teammates, he is more sensitive to the perception people have outside of the Jets that he was drafted only because he and Sanchez have known each other since their Pop Warner days in Southern California.

As soon as the Jets drafted McKnight with the 227th pick overall, he heard the remarks he was Sanchez’s pick.

“If anything, I would use it as motivation,” McKnight said. “I think guys on the team know that I belong here. It’s not like no other team was talking to me and then the Jets came over to me and said, here, we’ll give you a favor. I think people saw what a business this NFL is with the lockout, and for people to realistically think that an organization would just give away a pick for a player they didn’t think they could help them in any phase of the game, I think that just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.”

McKnight is learning about life as a pro, the good and bad. When McKnight signed his contract, he posted on Twitter how excited he was to officially be a Jet. It didn’t take long for Mangold to reply, “@smcknight21 ... now you can ‘officially’ go get me some coffee, rook.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...K#ixzz1V2wo8eWR
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users