NYJetsFan.com Forums: Giants Looking To Silence Neighbors - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Yesterday, 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Giants Looking To Silence Neighbors

#1 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Giants looking to silence neighbors
By STEVE SERBY

Last Updated: 10:47 AM, August 26, 2011

Posted: 2:22 AM, August 26, 2011

Inside the Timex Performance Center offices where "Talk Is Cheap, Play The Game'' is the mantra, across from what is now MetLife Stadium, live sleeping Giants who have been awakened by Rex Ryan.

The Giants have won three Super Bowls since the Jets won their only one 43 years ago and owned Broadway, and lately they have listened to Ryan referring to them as the Jets' little brothers, and a franchise that talks about the past while the Jets talk about the future.

And while tomorrow night's Battle of New York will mean nothing when the regular season begins Sept. 11, the Giants can't wait to Play The Game.

UPDATES FROM OUR GIANTS BLOG

UPDATES FROM OUR JETS BLOG

"It's gonna be an intense game, regardless of when the game is," Michael Boley was saying yesterday. "It's pretty clear that these two teams don't really like each other too much." Boley chuckled, then added: "So it's gonna be pretty intense. I've heard from guys that this is one game that they want to win regardless of whether it's preseason or regular season."

For the past two years, ever since Ryan blew into town as subtly as Hurricane Irene is expected to arrive, the Jets have dominated the tabloid backpages, the headlines and the media spotlight. The Giants strained not to watch them on HBO's "Hard Knocks'' last summer. While Ryan took his Jets to back-to-back AFC Championship games, while Mark Sanchez won four playoff games on the road, Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning haven't won a playoff game since Super Bowl XLII.

It has become clear that Rex Ryan has rattled the Giants' cage. You can read all about it in his book.

And even though the teams will meet on Christmas Eve in a game that will have playoff implications for one or both, the Giants would like to put a Big Blue sock in Ryan's big fat mouth tomorrow night.

"He's Rex, man," Boley said. "He likes to do things his way. It's different. It's a lot different than a majority of coaches throughout the league. It works for him, I guess (chuckle)."

I asked Boley what he thought about Ryan announcing that the Jets were the Giants' big brothers and would be for the next decade.

"It's talk," Boley said. "It's easy to go out and say it, but the last time I checked, the Giants won a Super Bowl before the Jets did."

Giants starters will play the first half. Jets starters may play early into the third quarter. In last summer's brawlgame, Calvin Pace blasted Eli Manning from behind and left a bloody, 12-stitch fountain on his forehead. Brandon Short left Chad Pennington with a dislocated and fractured left wrist eight Augusts ago. If it matters to the fans, it matters to the players. Even in August.

"It's gonna be a very physical game," Boley said. "For us, going into a game, one of our main things is win the physical battle."

Brandon Jacobs was asked if all the Jet Super Bowl talk, ignited by Ryan, bothers him.

"It's good for them to come out every year and have that kind of confidence," Jacobs said. "They're also in the AFC and we're in the NFC, so they can say as much as they want to say about Super Bowl this and Super Bowl that. We're playing each game every week and trying to get better every week to give ourselves that shot to play in the Super Bowl."

Then Jacobs was asked about Ryan's big brother-little brother proclamation. "Well, Rex is coaching the Jets, I would be upset with Rex if he said anything different, he's supposed to feel that way. We're two football teams that's playing out of one city, and it is what it is.

"It's gonna be dog-eat-dog in there.

"They got a good team, we got a good team, and we'll see where it goes."

It goes all the way back to the Aug. 17, 1969, when Wellington Mara wanted to pull his hair out after the NFL Giants lost 37-14 to the Super Bowl III champion AFL Jets at the Yale Bowl in New Haven. More recently, we have witnessed Woody Johnson griping about NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's secret coin toss that awarded the Giants the first game at New Meadowlands Stadium. . . . We have heard Antrel Rolle and Kenny Phillips tell Miami radio they would love playing for Ryan. . . . We have heard the Jets crow about wooing a certain former Giants Super Bowl hero named Plaxico Burress away from a potential Big Blue reunion.

"When you have two professional teams playing in the same stadium and the same city, it could only be natural for there to be some back and forth bickering and bantering, stuff like that," Jonathan Goff said.

Giants-Jets will never be as heated as the first time they met after Super Bowl III, after which Jets fullback Matt Snell said: "I remember how the Giants never called us by name. They used to refer to us as 'What's Your Name' and 'Whatchamacalls It'.

"They know our names now."

The Giants, whether they care to admit it or not, know Ryan's name now.

And will do everything in their power, even now, to prevent him from trying to change the name of a place that is no longer Giants Stadium to JetLife Stadium.

steve.serby@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...N#ixzz1WMzi6n3P

21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

I'm sorry but tomorrow's game has very little aimosity for me. Last year, I think the Giants ended up blowing us out but nobody even remembers the final score. It's going to be way different XMas eve. I already have 4 bets on that game.

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

Exactly.. talk to me around Christmas time. They can win all the preseason games they want. All I know is last year our 1's destroyed theirs and that's all the matters. Who cares if their bench fodder is better then ours. If I were the midgets I'd be scared to play Eli.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 28 August 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

Exactly.. talk to me around Christmas time. They can win all the preseason games they want. All I know is last year our 1's destroyed theirs and that's all the matters. Who cares if their bench fodder is better then ours. If I were the midgets I'd be scared to play Eli.

giants are so trash its not funny. yet their fans act like their team is the best.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users