NYJetsFan.com Forums: Giants Looking To Silence Neighbors - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Bring something to the table!
azjetfan Icon : (02 March 2015 - 04:04 PM) We have until the 19th.
azjetfan Icon : (02 March 2015 - 04:05 PM) I cant wait until FA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 08:18 PM) The Jets actually have $55 mil in cap space right now, $65 once they release Harvin
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 09:33 PM) well Maccagnan better spend that $55 mil but spend it wisely as hell
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 09:34 PM) I think he won't just throw money at players just cause of the name on the back of their jersey
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 09:34 PM) TRUST MACCAGNAN!!!!
santana Icon : (02 March 2015 - 09:37 PM) this just in geno smith signs extension for 39 mil
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 March 2015 - 10:28 PM) :hysterical: yeah and Rex Ryan is not a bozo
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:10 PM) Ryan is not a Bozo he is a cartoon character.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) anyone know anything about CB Kareem Jackson?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) FA from Houston. Obvious Mac connection.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:33 PM) NO TO MEVIS NO TO MEVIS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:26 PM) FIRE MACCAGNAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:26 PM) FIRE BOWLES
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:26 PM) CONSTANT TURNOVER
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:43 PM) I think we need to fire more people. Like Justin Beiber
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:22 PM) Kareem Jackson is a decent player, I would rather go elsewhere for CB though> He has been a streaky player, some bad seasons some good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:23 PM) THE KNICKS
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:43 PM) @AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Bills have notified LB Kiko Alonso he is going to be traded to Philadelphia for RB LeSean McCoy. Trade official next week.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:43 PM) WOW. Rex is gearing up for ground and pound.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:44 PM) Jets can sign Spiller now but they're going to need a new LB. Rex is gunning for David Harris.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) Jets should trade Harris to Minnesota for Minnesota for AP
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) Throw in Ivory/Powell or a pick
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) Damn they got Shady
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) Do NOT give up Ivory
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) Powell ok Ivory HELL NO
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:50 PM) Well that definitely opens the door for CJ Spiller to the JETS now that the Jills got Shady
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:12 AM) Spiller is a joke. 99 % of the time he gets tackled for a loss or a 1 or 2 yard gain maximum. He breaks a run here and there. he had one good year in his whole career. their is a reason he is a backup and not the starter. I suggest you guys that believe Spiller has anything to offer go through the play by play game logs. I did and he is horrendous.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:14 AM) Spiller cannot break a tackle period. I broke down last years game logs of his runs in a thread last year. He isn't even a pass catching rb. Fred Jackson catches most of the running back passes.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:20 AM) Unless Spiller comes tremendously cheap no thank you. Wouldn't pay more than a one year deal worth 1 million at most. All he has is speed. Not even on Sproles level. His stats are inflated. For instance he has 10 runs in a game and 9 of them are losses are or 1-2 yard runs. Then he breaks one on the outside for 40-70 yards. Not reliable at all. Even when he break one he is guaranteed a td
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:21 AM) Even in his 1200 yard rushing year he only had 6 tds rushing and 2 receiving
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:23 AM) Spiller is only valuable as a special teams player. Period By year 2010 ) tds rshng 1 rcvng 283 yards rshng
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:31 AM) meant 0 tds rushing in 2010, 2011 4 tds 561 yards rushing 2tds receiving, 2012 6tds 1244 rushing 2 tds receiving, 2013 2tds 933 yards rushing 0tds receiving, 2014 0tds 300 yards rushing 1td receiving.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:41 AM) His stats look decent on paper but if you actually go through the game logs of his career like I did his stats are extremely inflated. For instance one game last year he had 10 attempts for 8 yards another 4 attempts for -4 yards, another 6 attempts for 19 yards, another 10 attempts for 25 yards.Another game he had 12 games for 69 yards but 47 of it was on one play. Point is he sucks as a running back. Who wants a rb that gets stopped 99% of the time and breaks one play fir a long run. We need reliable backs not a slim chance of him breaking one
santana Icon : (Today, 08:06 AM) "NFL released its first 2015 League Year cap report to teams. Teams w/most room: 1) Jaguars $64.058M; 2) Jets $52.901; 3) Raiders $52.598M."
santana Icon : (Today, 08:06 AM) #2 baby
santana Icon : (Today, 08:07 AM) WE DID IT!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:07 AM) thnx idzik
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:09 AM) RE-HIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 08:10 AM) Well in all fairness, when I think about the Jets I do think about number two
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:30 AM) FIRE MACCAGNAN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:30 AM) The Jaguars hired John Idzik for his expertise in contract negotiating
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:36 AM) ppl are going to get paid this offseason.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:36 AM) so many teams have space
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:39 AM) eagles have 48M in cap space. Chip is going to go HAM this offseason.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Giants Looking To Silence Neighbors

#1 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Giants looking to silence neighbors
By STEVE SERBY

Last Updated: 10:47 AM, August 26, 2011

Posted: 2:22 AM, August 26, 2011

Inside the Timex Performance Center offices where "Talk Is Cheap, Play The Game'' is the mantra, across from what is now MetLife Stadium, live sleeping Giants who have been awakened by Rex Ryan.

The Giants have won three Super Bowls since the Jets won their only one 43 years ago and owned Broadway, and lately they have listened to Ryan referring to them as the Jets' little brothers, and a franchise that talks about the past while the Jets talk about the future.

And while tomorrow night's Battle of New York will mean nothing when the regular season begins Sept. 11, the Giants can't wait to Play The Game.

UPDATES FROM OUR GIANTS BLOG

UPDATES FROM OUR JETS BLOG

"It's gonna be an intense game, regardless of when the game is," Michael Boley was saying yesterday. "It's pretty clear that these two teams don't really like each other too much." Boley chuckled, then added: "So it's gonna be pretty intense. I've heard from guys that this is one game that they want to win regardless of whether it's preseason or regular season."

For the past two years, ever since Ryan blew into town as subtly as Hurricane Irene is expected to arrive, the Jets have dominated the tabloid backpages, the headlines and the media spotlight. The Giants strained not to watch them on HBO's "Hard Knocks'' last summer. While Ryan took his Jets to back-to-back AFC Championship games, while Mark Sanchez won four playoff games on the road, Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning haven't won a playoff game since Super Bowl XLII.

It has become clear that Rex Ryan has rattled the Giants' cage. You can read all about it in his book.

And even though the teams will meet on Christmas Eve in a game that will have playoff implications for one or both, the Giants would like to put a Big Blue sock in Ryan's big fat mouth tomorrow night.

"He's Rex, man," Boley said. "He likes to do things his way. It's different. It's a lot different than a majority of coaches throughout the league. It works for him, I guess (chuckle)."

I asked Boley what he thought about Ryan announcing that the Jets were the Giants' big brothers and would be for the next decade.

"It's talk," Boley said. "It's easy to go out and say it, but the last time I checked, the Giants won a Super Bowl before the Jets did."

Giants starters will play the first half. Jets starters may play early into the third quarter. In last summer's brawlgame, Calvin Pace blasted Eli Manning from behind and left a bloody, 12-stitch fountain on his forehead. Brandon Short left Chad Pennington with a dislocated and fractured left wrist eight Augusts ago. If it matters to the fans, it matters to the players. Even in August.

"It's gonna be a very physical game," Boley said. "For us, going into a game, one of our main things is win the physical battle."

Brandon Jacobs was asked if all the Jet Super Bowl talk, ignited by Ryan, bothers him.

"It's good for them to come out every year and have that kind of confidence," Jacobs said. "They're also in the AFC and we're in the NFC, so they can say as much as they want to say about Super Bowl this and Super Bowl that. We're playing each game every week and trying to get better every week to give ourselves that shot to play in the Super Bowl."

Then Jacobs was asked about Ryan's big brother-little brother proclamation. "Well, Rex is coaching the Jets, I would be upset with Rex if he said anything different, he's supposed to feel that way. We're two football teams that's playing out of one city, and it is what it is.

"It's gonna be dog-eat-dog in there.

"They got a good team, we got a good team, and we'll see where it goes."

It goes all the way back to the Aug. 17, 1969, when Wellington Mara wanted to pull his hair out after the NFL Giants lost 37-14 to the Super Bowl III champion AFL Jets at the Yale Bowl in New Haven. More recently, we have witnessed Woody Johnson griping about NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's secret coin toss that awarded the Giants the first game at New Meadowlands Stadium. . . . We have heard Antrel Rolle and Kenny Phillips tell Miami radio they would love playing for Ryan. . . . We have heard the Jets crow about wooing a certain former Giants Super Bowl hero named Plaxico Burress away from a potential Big Blue reunion.

"When you have two professional teams playing in the same stadium and the same city, it could only be natural for there to be some back and forth bickering and bantering, stuff like that," Jonathan Goff said.

Giants-Jets will never be as heated as the first time they met after Super Bowl III, after which Jets fullback Matt Snell said: "I remember how the Giants never called us by name. They used to refer to us as 'What's Your Name' and 'Whatchamacalls It'.

"They know our names now."

The Giants, whether they care to admit it or not, know Ryan's name now.

And will do everything in their power, even now, to prevent him from trying to change the name of a place that is no longer Giants Stadium to JetLife Stadium.

steve.serby@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...N#ixzz1WMzi6n3P

21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

I'm sorry but tomorrow's game has very little aimosity for me. Last year, I think the Giants ended up blowing us out but nobody even remembers the final score. It's going to be way different XMas eve. I already have 4 bets on that game.

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

Exactly.. talk to me around Christmas time. They can win all the preseason games they want. All I know is last year our 1's destroyed theirs and that's all the matters. Who cares if their bench fodder is better then ours. If I were the midgets I'd be scared to play Eli.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 28 August 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

Exactly.. talk to me around Christmas time. They can win all the preseason games they want. All I know is last year our 1's destroyed theirs and that's all the matters. Who cares if their bench fodder is better then ours. If I were the midgets I'd be scared to play Eli.

giants are so trash its not funny. yet their fans act like their team is the best.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users