NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mark Sanchez Breakdown Week 3 Preseason - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:17 PM) if he goes anywhere he needs a quality QB. He can't develop a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:18 PM) Manish wrote a article how the Jets have to hire Nick Caserio as their GM and Josh McDaniels as their HC
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mark Sanchez Breakdown Week 3 Preseason

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:49 AM

Here is my opinion of every throw mark attempted in the week 3 giants game

1) 11:32 1stQ 1st and 10 own 21. Broken I formation 2 WR, 1FB, 1HB, 1TE
5 step drop immediate throw to RB. a designed RB swing pass by playcall. schotty tries to give him a safe throw to start (why would he open with that play????) shonn greene drops the nice pass from sanchez incomplete. giants played a basic zone. keller was open for 5 guarenteed yards up the middle and possibly more with a move. couldn't see the other WRs on the screen
verdict - bad play call by schotty

2) 10:57 1stQ 3rd and 5 own 26. Shotgun formation with 2 RBs next to sanchez 3WR 0TE
pre snap sanchez points out blitzer on D, protection is good enough. sanchez throws to RB short of the 1st down. he had time and mason was open about 8-10 yards downfield but sanchez didn't even look for it. bad decision by mark. jets only gain 1 on the catch and have to punt. he had time to read the field but checked down early
verdict - bad patience by mark.

3) 8:11 1stQ 1st and 10 own 20. 2 WR, TE in the slot broken I formation 1Fb 1 HB
sanchez tries to draw them offsides, didn't work. takes 5 step drop, pump fakes, protection breaks down, sanchez didn't see anything he liked. tucked it and ran for 4 yards slid feet first. couldn't tell if anyone was open downfield.
verdict - good decision by sanchez

4) 7:27 1stQ 2nd and 6. jets in shotgun 3 WR and 1 TE. single back in backfield.
sanchez takes the snap and almost immediatly tries to hit plax on the slant. throw was way too high
verdict - bad playcall by schotty and bad pass by sanchez

5) 7:22 1st@ 3rd and 6. sanchez under center. single back in backfield. 3 WR and 1 TE mason goes in motion.
5 step drop sanchez evades outside pressure by stepping up. hits mason for 5 yards just short of 1st down. mason should have ran his route deeper. also payne was open on the other side but based on sanchez having to evade the rush it would have been near impossible to find him. he had enough for the 1st down though if he would have seen it.
Verdict - good play by sanchez but bad play by mason. run your route to the sticks!!

*** note, no holmes on 3,4 and 5. i think he had to take a dump or something lol.

6) 1st and 10 own 30. 2 WR. pro form. 2 RB. holmes in motion
play action pass, hunter gets beat by tuck and sanchez has to roll out right and evades the rush.pump fakes to hold the LBer and runs for 3 yards OOB
verdict - good job avoiding the rush and not making a mistake. got positive yards on 1st down

7) :50 1st Q 2nd and 7. sanchez under center 3 WR 1 TE single back. sanchez audibles and goes into shotgun. tries a quick pass to holmes but holmes wasn't looking for it. also throw was high and behind him
verdict - bad pass and lack of patience by sanchez

8) :43 1stQ 3rd and 7. own 33. 3 WR 1TE 1HB. sanchez under center. o-line is calling protection and sanchez calling blitzers but clock almost expires. sanchez gets ball hicked just in time but RG and RT aren't even ready for play.
5 step drop he come sup firing a 10 yard out route to burress. roos PI'd on buress but no call. throw wound up wide. buress might have had it if he wasn't grabbed. result incomplete
Verdict - Sanchez needs to throw it more accurate. not a bad pass but not a good one. good job getting the snap off on time and made the right read

9) 13:59 2ndQ 1st and 10 own 35. 3WR 1 TE 1RB. sanchez under center
5 step drop. protection is good. sanchez checks 2 reads and pump fakes on both. settles for RB underneath for 6 yard completion.
verdict - smart play. good patience. good throw. got 6 yards on 1st down.

10) 12:55 2ndQ 3rd and 3. 3WR 1TE 1 RB. RB splits out wide before play. empty backfield. shotgun
sanchez checks 1st read and pump fakes. sees 2nd read and throws it but DT tipped ball at the line and it fell incomplete
verdict - good play by sanchez but a DT getting blocked made a good play getting his hands up and deflecting it

11) 10:21 2ndQ 1st and 10 NYG 44 good field position after harris INT. 2 wide broken I 2 RB 1 TE in motion.
play action draw play then a pump fake by sanchez. rolls right. tuck beats hunter. sanchez avoids sack by tuck and rolls out more. throws ball away
verdict - good play. nobody open avoided a sack kept looking downfield and threw ball away when nothing was there

12) 10:13 2ndQ 2nd and 10 NYG 44. 2 WR 2 TE single back. holmes in motion.
during the drop back NYG safety comes untouched on blitz immediatly. sanchez shakes off sack. stands tall in pocked and completes over middle to keller for 5 yards. NYG got a hands to the face penalty which jets accept for 5 yards and automatic 1st down. play didn't count so no credit to sanchez
verdict - even though it won't show up in teh stats this was a great play, reat job avoiding sakc and nice pass to keller for 5 yards.

13) 9:12 2ndQ 2nd and 8 NYG 37. 2 RBs 2WR 1TE.
sanchez tries to do no dropback and quick pass to slot WR but looks like ball slipped out of hand ot maybe grazed mangolds back and popped out. either wat fumble giants recover
verdict - bad play by sanchez. can't fumble when your moving the ball and almost in FG range

14) 2:59 2ndQ 4th and 1 after 3 run plays. NYG 26 (good field position set up by bg cromartie return. 3WR 1 RB 1 TE. sanchez under shotgun.
3 step drop and quick throw to TE in the flat. keller fights for it and just gets 1st down
verdict - scripted play by schotty and dangerous. sanchez executed and kellers effort got the 1st but bad play call. players bailed out schotty

15) 2:00 2ndQ 2nd and 2 NYG 17. 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB. sanchez under center
holmes in motion. play action 6-7 step drop. sanchez sees holmes and fires a perfect bullet for a TD. plax drew up the safety and holmes beat webster inside but sanchez had a small window and delivered
verdict - holmes was the 1st read and he got open. sanchez delivered a perfect ball. great play by everyone. no complaints. protection was good.

16) 15:00 3rdQ 1st and 10. 3 WR 1 TE 1 RB. sanchez under center.
3 yard drop then pump fake takes 1 more step back looks left nothing there. looks right and delivers nice back shoulder throw to holmes. DB enver seen it. 20 yard completion to holmes
verdict. good throw goot route good fake good playcall. overall great play

17) 13:54 3rd Q 2nd and 7. own 43 3WR 1Rb 1TE. under center
5 step drop and delivers strike to mason over middle for 4 yards
verdict - simple play for small yardage. no complaints. executed well

18) 13:17 3rdQ 3rd and 3 own 47. shotgun 3WR 1TE 1RB
quick throw on a quick out to keller for 11 yards. ball traveled about 6 yards and hit him in stride. keller got about 5YAC. 1st down
verdict - got the 1st on a nice throw from 3rd down. hit him in stride so he can keep running. nice play all around

19) 12:45 1st and 10 NYG 43. 3WR 1TE 1 RB
5 step drop throws deep to buress down sideline. throw is a little high and wide protection was good but so was coverage by the D. safe throw where only buress has a chance but he didn't come down with it. could have thrown it a bit more inside though
verdict - not a bad throw but could have been better. good playcall. buress needed to try harder for it. would have been tough to get it and be in bounds though

20) 12:10 3rd and 17 after a 15 yard penalty on slauson. midfield. shotgun 3WR 1TE 1 RB
throws over the middle to keller 15 yards downfield but pass was deflected at line and fell incomplete wide and high
verdict - what can you do in 3rd and 17? took the shot instead of a dumb draw play so good call but nice play by giants DT. jets did nothign wrong but didn't work out

That was all from the 1st team. overall sanchez played better then the numbers suggested. playcalling was decent. i'm suprised how many 5 step drops he took and got to survey the field. giants played alot of zone and sanchez was smart with the ball which is good.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

get a microphone and video link please or skype it.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 31 August 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

get a microphone and video link please or skype it.

i think i'll do that going forward if people want. i got a webcam and a headset. i probably could make a breakdown video of them game??
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:56 PM

its energy well spent especially if you are enjoying what you do.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 31 August 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

its energy well spent especially if you are enjoying what you do.

Posted Image
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

#16 was my favorite play of the game. I do not understand why that was the longest pass play of the game by Sanchez. With the offensive weopons we have, you gotta open the field up. All short passes and short formations. Same shit last year. Sanchez seams to be over analizing the defenses. Maybe too many autibles.

I have officially given up on Shitty. I feel that he has absolutly no ability to call plays to get the Jets going. I didnt go back to the play by play, but I believe we started with the run a few times and had at least 5 yard gains on first down. But then we failed to gain a first down, IMO it is the playcalling. What is our identity? We are inconsistant. Shitty is inconsistant. This guy may cost us a Super Bowl again this year.

#7 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

Good stuff man. I wasn't able to catch the game but this more than made up for missing Sanchez's play. Thanks! :trink39:

#8 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

Like santana said, you should write these up for the front page. Assuming you enjoyed doing it.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:08 PM

View PostJSOTF, on 31 August 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

#16 was my favorite play of the game. I do not understand why that was the longest pass play of the game by Sanchez. With the offensive weopons we have, you gotta open the field up. All short passes and short formations. Same shit last year. Sanchez seams to be over analizing the defenses. Maybe too many autibles.

I have officially given up on Shitty. I feel that he has absolutly no ability to call plays to get the Jets going. I didnt go back to the play by play, but I believe we started with the run a few times and had at least 5 yard gains on first down. But then we failed to gain a first down, IMO it is the playcalling. What is our identity? We are inconsistant. Shitty is inconsistant. This guy may cost us a Super Bowl again this year.

i thought it was a great call too. it works great when your WR and QB are on the same page. we should use it more

View PostRhodes1991, on 31 August 2011 - 08:10 PM, said:

Like santana said, you should write these up for the front page. Assuming you enjoyed doing it.

i'll get with santana on it
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users