NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mich. Governor Signs 48-Month Welfare Limit - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) This isn't congress
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) this is srszz bizness
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) MGG FOR MOD IN 15!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 12:49 PM) so do we beat the pats or just let them get the easy win
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 01:57 PM) At this point I am all about ruining their chance for home field.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mich. Governor Signs 48-Month Welfare Limit http://news.yahoo.com/mich-governor-signs-48-month-welfare-limit-23191

#21 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

looking further into this, Here are the economics.

$8 an hour

2080 hours on a year (40X52)

Gross incom $1386 per month
$1081 net
You would be in the lowest tax bracket 22%. You would get credits end of year.So you could take less deductions in your pay.

Living in MI is cheap 2nd cheapest in country(rent tax ect...)

I am not saying it would be easy but it should not be. Time for us to take accountability for ourselves.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 September 2011 - 08:23 AM, said:

I take it your on welfare? You are very defensive. If I loose my job and my only option is Mcdonalds or Welfare I am taking McDonalds. I would rather work 100 hours a week than take welfare. If you want me to quit my job to prove this to you dont hold your breath.

Nope I'm not on welfare I just know that not everybody on gov't assistance is "sitting at home eating bon bons" choosing not to work. Anyway you're not going to be working 100 hours at McDonald's if you work there. They would not hire any new employee at full time. What about that do you not understand? Those types of jobs rarely hire anybody full time. You'd be lucky if you got 25 hours a week at the start.

What's even funnier is you think it's the unemployed who are the ones committing welfare fraud when actually most of the people who commit welfare fraud are guess what...employed. People who are working full time or working two jobs and don't report it to DHS are the ones that are committing most of the fraud, and hell welfare cheats are still a small percentage of the overall total of people on gov't assistance. I see people with jobs cheat the system a lot more than I see unemployed people cheating the system. But yeah you would never quit your job to work at McDonald's because that would be a stupid thing to do. Just as stupid as those people who say shit like "McDonald's is always hiring." If you quit your job to work at McDonald's you and your family would have to make a lot of sacrifices and live a less comfortable lifestyle than you do now because you would be making less. It's as simple as that.

By the way since Rick Snyder has become governor, unemployment in Michigan has gone up.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#23 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 10 September 2011 - 10:03 AM, said:

looking further into this, Here are the economics.

$8 an hour

2080 hours on a year (40X52)

Gross incom $1386 per month
$1081 net
You would be in the lowest tax bracket 22%. You would get credits end of year.So you could take less deductions in your pay.

Living in MI is cheap 2nd cheapest in country(rent tax ect...)

I am not saying it would be easy but it should not be. Time for us to take accountability for ourselves.

You'd start off at $7.50 an hour and as I said you wouldn't be working 40 hours a week. More like 15-25 hours a week considering you'd be considered a "casual worker." So you might want to redo your math.

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#24 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 10 September 2011 - 06:04 PM, said:

You'd start off at $7.50 an hour and as I said you wouldn't be working 40 hours a week. More like 15-25 hours a week considering you'd be considered a "casual worker." So you might want to redo your math.

Then you would need two jobs to work full time. McDonalds had a sign in there window here in Eau Claire WI saying PT openings $8.25. We are in the same region within the Courtesy Corp.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 11 September 2011 - 11:19 AM, said:

Then you would need two jobs to work full time. McDonalds had a sign in there window here in Eau Claire WI saying PT openings $8.25. We are in the same region within the Courtesy Corp.

So now you going to work two jobs? So now your new manager is going to have to work around your schedule at McDonald's? What if both jobs need you to work at the same date and time? It's a possibility with the holiday season coming up. Not only that but that's also more gasoline you'll be using, so that's going to eat up some of that extra income. What if you go to school to "get your shit together" because you don't want to work at McDonald's and this other job for the rest of your life. How are you going to work two jobs and go to class and still be able to make it without any gov't assistance? Heck how are you going to even pay for those classes just on the income you get from those two jobs since you're not taking any gov't assistance? What if you're a single parent with young children. How are you going to pay for daycare or a babysitter while you're at those two jobs? What is Ronald McDonald going to babysit while you're flipping his burgers?

That maybe what it is in Wisconsin but my brother's friend works at McDonald's and he told me they start off there at $7.50 a hour. So apparently every McDonald's is different in that regard.

#26 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 11 September 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

So now you going to work two jobs? So now your new manager is going to have to work around your schedule at McDonald's?

Most of my tellers that work part time for me have a second job if they are not in school. We work around what we have to. (school,another job Child) We do this if they are productive and it is worth it to us. In otherwords productive team players.

View PostMr_Jet, on 11 September 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

That maybe what it is in Wisconsin but my brother's friend works at McDonald's and he told me they start off there at $7.50 a hour. So apparently every McDonald's is different in that regard.

My brothers fathers uncles girlfriends great aunt......

Last I checked we were talking about Michigan. Again same region within corparate family. Also lets not just use McDonalds. There are alot of companys looking for help. Walmart, Sams, Target, Fast food, Food and Beverage. People make fair livings in these positions.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 11 September 2011 - 07:00 PM, said:

Most of my tellers that work part time for me have a second job if they are not in school. We work around what we have to. (school,another job Child) We do this if they are productive and it is worth it to us. In otherwords productive team players.

So you know how productive a worker they are for you before they even start working for you? :rolleyes: right. And just because that's how you and your bank operates that doesn't mean every boss and every workplace is like that.

My brothers fathers uncles girlfriends great aunt......

Last I checked we were talking about Michigan. Again same region within corparate family. Also lets not just use McDonalds. There are alot of companys looking for help. Walmart, Sams, Target, Fast food, Food and Beverage. People make fair livings in these positions.

How in the hell are you going to tell me how things in Michigan operate when you're an entire great lake away and I'm in the state right now? Oh I forgot you visit from time to time. I can go down to my local McDonald's located in the state of Michigan (unlike you) and ask the person behind the counter how much they start off at in THAT MICHIGAN McDonald's restaurant. And be back home before the Jets kickoff in 25 minutes. It comes down to the amount of customers a certain restaurant has on average and the cost of living in that particular area and as you already said the cost of living in Michigan isn't that high.

#28 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 11 September 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

So you know how productive a worker they are for you before they even start working for you? :rolleyes: right.
I never said that. If they are not productive they wont last long since we will not make exceptions.

And just because that's how you and your bank operates that doesn't mean every boss and every workplace is like that.
This is not my first position of management. If an employee is productive we will try to reatain them within reason. Every company wants good people. This means they will if its worth it to them to retain said person.

How in the hell are you going to tell me how things in Michigan operate when you're an entire great lake away and I'm in the state right now? Oh I forgot you visit from time to time. I can go down to my local McDonald's located in the state of Michigan (unlike you) and ask the person behind the counter how much they start off at in THAT MICHIGAN McDonald's restaurant. And be back home before the Jets kickoff in 25 minutes.

I guess you forgot the whole earlier thread. I will lay it out for you in layman terms. Big Corps work in regions. The management, Payroll, HR, ect.... are all shared. Michigan is the same region as WI. (Great Lakes WI, MI, IL). I do alot of Biz with with them. I am familiar. Also keep the other companys in mind I stated earlier. There are more options.
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 11 September 2011 - 08:08 PM, said:

I never said that. If they are not productive they wont last long since we will not make exceptions.
This is not my first position of management. If an employee is productive we will try to reatain them within reason. Every company wants good people. This means they will if its worth it to them to retain said person.

You know what, this is has nothing to do with the original topic. We have gone from people to cheat the system to your personal hiring practice which frankly I could really care less about and is not a real concern of mine. I'll just say what you're talking about happens AFTER you hire the person and they've worked for you over a period of time. To see if an employee is productive for you, you have to hire them first. But this is going off topic. You want to believe it is unemployed people who are lazy that are the problem when it comes to who commits welfare fraud. When actually most of the people who cheat the welfare system are in fact employed and work full time or two jobs and don't report that change to DHS. Personally I think things like corporate welfare and income tax evasion puts a strain the government's budget much more than welfare fraud does?

I guess you forgot the whole earlier thread. I will lay it out for you in layman terms. Big Corps work in regions. The management, Payroll, HR, ect.... are all shared. Michigan is the same region as WI. (Great Lakes WI, MI, IL). I do alot of Biz with with them. I am familiar. Also keep the other companys in mind I stated earlier. There are more options.

Hmmmm listen to you who doesn't work at a McDonald's restaurant in the state of Michigan and is just guessing and doesn't live in Michigan. Or listen to somebody I know personally who does work at a McDonald's in the state of Michigan.....I think I'll listen to the actual McDonald's employee.

#30 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 September 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

I'll just say what you're talking about happens AFTER you hire the person and they've worked for you over a period of time.
Lets just say your right. So they should not try to work at all and better themselves? Doesnt make sense. You have to start somewhere. Also I never said only unemployed people are the only ones. If you need more money than you make.... Get another job and support yourself.

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 September 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

Hmmmm listen to you who doesn't work at a McDonald's restaurant in the state of Michigan and is just guessing and doesn't live in Michigan. Or listen to somebody I know personally who does work at a McDonald's in the state of Michigan.....I think I'll listen to the actual McDonald's employee.

Thats fine. But lets not forget there are more entry level jobs than McDonalds.
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

This whole mcDonalds thing is a joke. If you only get paid 7.50 an hour & get only 20 hrs a week, you get a roommate or two rather than living off the system for free. Four years is enough time to either get a job that you can support yourself with or get enough money up to move your lazy ass somewhere that you can get a job. I wish NJ would be brave enough to do some shit like this. The crime rate may go up TEMPORARILY but it cant really go up too damn much more in Trenton. We're already going to lay off 110 cops on Friday. People need to stop expecting the rest of the tax paying public to support them when they are capable of working. I dont care if they get paid minimum wage or not. I'm sick of paying for these bums. Rather than spending all of their time being baby making factories, they could use some of that energy to hit the bricks and find a job. $7.50 an hour is better than ZERO per hour and it would cost me a lot less.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#32 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 11 September 2011 - 05:58 PM, said:

So now you going to work two jobs? How are you going to work two jobs and go to class and still be able to make it without any gov't assistance? Heck how are you going to even pay for those classes just on the income you get from those two jobs since you're not taking any gov't assistance? What if you're a single parent with young children?

Let's see....2 PT jobs = maybe 40 hrs a week right per your logic? I work 50+ hours per week AND still am taking 12 credits of college classes WHILE getting a wedding together at age 40. I'm not on welfare.

As for how to pay for classes....apply for a Federal Pell Grant or A Stafford Loan. I'd rather the taxpayers assist someone in getting their degree than to have them sponge off the system the rest of their lazy lives. As for being a single parent......I am one until friday but then I go from having 2 kids to having 3 and a wife. I see it this way.....if you can't afford to support your kids......DON'T HAVE THEM. I dont personally give a shit about someone's personal religious beliefs regarding birth control as long as I'm one of the peopel that has to support their lazy ass and their kids in addition to having to support my own family. I say birth control should be a REQUIREMENT for anyone on welfare as well as drug testing and radom Motor Vehicle registration review. Too many people driving Cadillacs & Lexus & BMW to the welfare office.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#33 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 12 September 2011 - 06:24 PM, said:

This whole mcDonalds thing is a joke. If you only get paid 7.50 an hour & get only 20 hrs a week, you get a roommate or two rather than living off the system for free. Four years is enough time to either get a job that you can support yourself with or get enough money up to move your lazy ass somewhere that you can get a job. I wish NJ would be brave enough to do some shit like this. The crime rate may go up TEMPORARILY but it cant really go up too damn much more in Trenton. We're already going to lay off 110 cops on Friday. People need to stop expecting the rest of the tax paying public to support them when they are capable of working. I dont care if they get paid minimum wage or not. I'm sick of paying for these bums. Rather than spending all of their time being baby making factories, they could use some of that energy to hit the bricks and find a job. $7.50 an hour is better than ZERO per hour and it would cost me a lot less.

:trink39: Imagine that. Everyone supporting themselves. We couls cut the tax burden in half
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 12 September 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

Lets just say your right. So they should not try to work at all and better themselves? Doesnt make sense. You have to start somewhere. Also I never said only unemployed people are the only ones. If you need more money than you make.... Get another job and support yourself.

You claimed that unemployed people were the problem when it comes to welfare fraud and I pointed out most of the people committing the fraud are in fact employed. The people stealing from the tax payers are tax payers. Anyway I don't know if Fox News has told you or not but not many companies are hiring right now. We have people with degrees who graduated last spring who are unemployed. I guess their just lazy too.

Thats fine. But lets not forget there are more entry level jobs than McDonalds.

Yep and they all pay shitty salaries too and usually don't have managers as nice and understanding as you apparently are.

#35 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:31 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 12 September 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

This whole mcDonalds thing is a joke. If you only get paid 7.50 an hour & get only 20 hrs a week, you get a roommate or two rather than living off the system for free.

So if you're a father with a wife and school aged children who was laid off and has been out of work for over a year, he needs to take his family and move in with roommates? You're looking at it as if the only unemployed people are single people in their 20s with no responsibilities beyond their own needs. I really doubt a married man in his 40s or 50s is going to move him and his family in with some roommates, that might've worked on Full House but I don't see that idea working well in the real world.

Four years is enough time to either get a job that you can support yourself with or get enough money up to move your lazy ass somewhere that you can get a job. I wish NJ would be brave enough to do some shit like this. The crime rate may go up TEMPORARILY but it cant really go up too damn much more in Trenton. We're already going to lay off 110 cops on Friday. People need to stop expecting the rest of the tax paying public to support them when they are capable of working. I dont care if they get paid minimum wage or not. I'm sick of paying for these bums. Rather than spending all of their time being baby making factories, they could use some of that energy to hit the bricks and find a job. $7.50 an hour is better than ZERO per hour and it would cost me a lot less.

Their is so much bullshit in that paragraph I just got to focus on one part of it and move on. So crime would only go up temporarily, why just temporarily? I mean no jobs and no gov't assistance for a long period of time...I don't see crime going up just temporarily. I see it going up permanently until it stays at a certain rate and then it expands to neighboring areas. But I'll say it once again most of the people committing welfare fraud have jobs. Again most of the people committing welfare fraud have jobs. Once more most of the people committing welfare fraud have jobs. And if you still didn't hear me most of the people committing welfare fraud have jobs.

P.S.
Most of the people committing welfare fraud have jobs.

#36 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:45 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 12 September 2011 - 07:33 PM, said:

Let's see....2 PT jobs = maybe 40 hrs a week right per your logic? I work 50+ hours per week AND still am taking 12 credits of college classes WHILE getting a wedding together at age 40. I'm not on welfare.

As for how to pay for classes....apply for a Federal Pell Grant or A Stafford Loan.

And that's where I stop you. Ummm Federal Pell Grants is government assistance. So basically it's welfare. The government giving tax payer money to an individual for their personal use. That's why I said "Heck how are you going to even pay for those classes just on the income you get from those two jobs since you're not taking any gov't assistance?" Pell grants = gov't assistance (welfare). But no worries since the Republicans in congress have cut funding for Pell grants too. BTW Claiborne Pell and Robert Stafford were liberals.

I'd rather the taxpayers assist someone in getting their degree than to have them sponge off the system the rest of their lazy lives. As for being a single parent......I am one until friday but then I go from having 2 kids to having 3 and a wife. I see it this way.....if you can't afford to support your kids......DON'T HAVE THEM. I dont personally give a shit about someone's personal religious beliefs regarding birth control as long as I'm one of the peopel that has to support their lazy ass and their kids in addition to having to support my own family. I say birth control should be a REQUIREMENT for anyone on welfare

Alright we can do that. But ummm who's going to pay for this birth control. You know since we can't have a national health care system like Canada's because it's evil socialism. So who's going to pay for the birth control since the people you want on birth control likely don't have health insurance (because I'm sure if you don't want them to have cash assistance you don't want them to have Medicaid either)? Guess that means the tax payers are going to have to pay for this mandated birth control. What if a woman forgets/or chooses not to use the birth control and gets pregnant? Are we then going to force her to get an abortion? Hey there have been times when I thought the same way you do on this and I'm sure there will be moments when I feel the way you do again in the future. But then I always remember we kind of have that pesky thing called the United States Constitution that kind of frowns on making laws like that. A law like that kind of infringes on a person's civil rights and makes us look a lot like China where the gov't tells it's citizens how many children they're allowed to have. I know you don't want the U.S. acting like communist China, do you?

As well as drug testing and radom Motor Vehicle registration review. Too many people driving Cadillacs & Lexus & BMW to the welfare office.

Again who's going to pay for this mandated drug testing considering we can't raise taxes on the rich and state and the federal governments are so worried about debt now to the point that they're already slashing the budget with a butcher knife? See this is what I find funny about middle class conservatives. They do so much to protect the rich (who could care less about the middle class) and bitch and moan about taxes, then turn around and say things like the gov't needs to mandate birth control and drug testing on certain people and oh yeah the gov't is incompetent and spends too much money. So basically the incompetent gov't needs to do all these new things I want but it can't generate any revenue to pay for these things and it has to cut it's budget, all at the same time. Yeah all that's a piece of cake.

And too many people on welfare are driving around in Cadillacs and BMWs? What neighborhood is this happening in? Got any pictures or video to back up that claim? Do you have the names of the many people who are doing this? Because I'll report them myself.

#37 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 September 2011 - 10:48 PM, said:

You claimed that unemployed people were the problem when it comes to welfare fraud

When? Prove I said only unemployed people. That is what you assumed.

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 September 2011 - 10:48 PM, said:

Yep and they all pay shitty salaries too and usually don't have managers as nice and understanding as you apparently are.

So they should sit at home collecting money from working people instead of working at all? Thats a great idea.
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 13 September 2011 - 12:45 AM, said:

who's going to pay for this mandated drug testing

The savings from people who would be eliminated would more than cover the testing.
Posted Image

#39 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 September 2011 - 11:31 PM, said:

So if you're a father with a wife and school aged children who was laid off and has been out of work for over a year, he needs to take his family and move in with roommates?
Yes. No one said being unemployed should be easy street. Time to make sacrifices.

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 September 2011 - 11:31 PM, said:

But I'll say it once again most of the people committing welfare fraud have jobs. Again most of the people committing welfare fraud have jobs.
You keep saying this but nobody here is saying that. Time to move on.
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 13 September 2011 - 06:36 PM, said:

When? Prove I said only unemployed people. That is what you assumed.

View Postazjetfan, on 08 September 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

By working I can show what I can do and network and be givin chances I would not get sitting on my ass at home eating Bon Bons. If I was unemployed I would rather work.

View Postazjetfan, on 13 September 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

Yes. No one said being unemployed should be easy street.

So you meant employed people who cheat the system are the ones sitting at home on their asses eating bon bons? You weren't talking about unemployed people at all in that bon bons statement?

So they should sit at home collecting money from working people instead of working at all? Thats a great idea.

And here you again are talking about the unemployed. So I guess what you're saying is when unemployed people get gov't assistance instead of getting a job any job, it's bad and they shouldn't get gov't assistance. But people who do work and still get the same amount of gov't assistance because they didn't report the change in income aren't really that much of a big deal to you. Because it seems to me that you're not to worried about the latter. Which makes up most of the the overall problem when it comes to welfare fraud.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users