NYJetsFan.com Forums: Plax Hates Caughlin - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 June 2014 - 07:25 AM) MASAHIRO TANAKA
azjetfan Icon : (18 June 2014 - 11:34 AM) goodson released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 June 2014 - 12:12 PM) Fire idzik
santana Icon : (18 June 2014 - 04:13 PM) ESPAÑA!!
santana Icon : (18 June 2014 - 04:13 PM) Holy smoke my bracket is toasted I wrote them in to win it all lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 June 2014 - 06:46 PM) zz
santana Icon : (19 June 2014 - 10:32 AM) Hi 05
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 June 2014 - 01:29 PM) a lot of buzz about how good McDougle looks
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 June 2014 - 01:29 PM) would be great if we hit with him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 June 2014 - 01:30 PM) Reports say that Milliner, Pryor, and McDougle all looked great in the secondary today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 June 2014 - 01:38 PM) @janesports 6m
It's still really early, but McDougle has already shown a nose for the ball and sticks to receivers like glue. Well-founded optimism so far.
Jetsman05 Icon : (19 June 2014 - 04:46 PM) SUAREZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
santana Icon : (20 June 2014 - 01:41 AM) Suarezzzz tough as hell
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 June 2014 - 05:25 AM) best player in the world.
santana Icon : (20 June 2014 - 09:10 AM) Kaka going to Orlando? Hype hype hype
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 June 2014 - 10:21 AM) season tickets looking better and better by the day
santana Icon : (20 June 2014 - 01:34 PM) costa rica killing the death group
Smedsthejet Icon : (20 June 2014 - 04:23 PM) The US have the death group! Costa Rica and, by that extension, England, had a reasonably tough one, but I can't see CR or the other team that emerges from it getting far
Smedsthejet Icon : (20 June 2014 - 04:23 PM) At least England had sense to get knocked out early :)
santana Icon : (20 June 2014 - 06:04 PM) Word better draft pick
santana Icon : (20 June 2014 - 06:05 PM) Real exciting so far Spain is still a damn shame
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 June 2014 - 09:49 PM) THE YANKEES
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 June 2014 - 05:03 PM) lol hodgson
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 June 2014 - 01:03 PM) Suarez bites again!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 June 2014 - 08:53 PM) THE KNICKS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 June 2014 - 08:53 PM) .................................Is it football season yet?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 June 2014 - 10:40 PM) CLEANTHONY EARLY
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 June 2014 - 10:40 PM) THE KNICKS
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 June 2014 - 11:19 PM) It was nice of ESPN to interrupt its 24/7 soccer-fest to broadcast the NBA Draft.
santana Icon : (30 June 2014 - 05:02 PM) It was nice of brazil to interrupt espns 4 year run of mundane sports coverage with some world cup action
azjetfan Icon : (30 June 2014 - 05:50 PM) When is the US playing?
azjetfan Icon : (30 June 2014 - 05:50 PM) I watched the end of a game yesterday and the OT was pretty cool. A lot of flopping
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (30 June 2014 - 06:02 PM) USA plays tomorrow at 4p
santana Icon : (01 July 2014 - 02:53 PM) USA FIFA TIME
santana Icon : (01 July 2014 - 11:57 PM) Kiko Alonso torn ACL
santana Icon : (01 July 2014 - 11:57 PM) Sad sad sad face
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 July 2014 - 08:20 AM) I'm not sad about a team in your division losing a star
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 July 2014 - 08:20 AM) Would love if Brady went down and his career ended
JSOTF Icon : (02 July 2014 - 10:51 AM) Going to have to find out how to get Jets games in Germany!
azjetfan Icon : (02 July 2014 - 02:40 PM) Scored two tickets to Packers Jets game in GB. How am I going to break it to my wife I am taking our son and not her?
SecondHandJets Icon : (02 July 2014 - 02:53 PM) Buy her an iron to make her feel better
SecondHandJets Icon : (02 July 2014 - 02:54 PM) Women love ironing
azjetfan Icon : (02 July 2014 - 03:01 PM) Mmmm Not quite ready for divorce yet. Besides Irons hurt when thrown. Maybe something softer.
Smedsthejet Icon : (02 July 2014 - 03:02 PM) JSOTF - best way to get Jets games all season in Europe (if you don't want to stream them illegally) is NFL Game Pass. Relatively cheap and great quality
canuckfan Icon : (Today, 07:40 AM) Hi guys...real football in another 2 months...SHJ in his usual fine form
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Plax Hates Caughlin

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

Things just got even more personal between Plaxico Burress and his former team.

In an interview with Men's Journal conducted after his release from prison in June, Burress blasts New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin and quarterback Eli Manning, among others in and around the organization.

"After my situation happened, I turned on the TV, and the first words out his mouth was 'sad and disappointing,' " Burress said, according to the Men's Journal article, when asked about Coughlin's reaction after Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg at a New York City nightclub in November 2008.

Plaxico In Photos

With Plaxico Burress playing for the Jets, let's look back on the receiver's career with the Giants and Steelers. Photo gallery Photo Gallery

"I'm like, forget support -- how about some concern? I did just have a bullet in my leg. And then I sat in his office, and he pushed back his chair and goes, 'I'm glad you didn't kill anybody!' Man, we're paid too much to be treated like kids. He doesn't realize that we're grown men and actually have kids of our own."

Burress' tumultuous relationship with Coughlin has been well-documented, with the two disagreeing and clashing frequently.

"He's not a real positive coach," Burress told Men's Journal for the article that hits newsstands Sept. 16. "You look around the league, the Raheem Morrises and Rex Ryans -- when their player makes a mistake, they take 'em to the side and say, 'We'll get 'em next time.' But Coughlin's on the sideline going crazy, man. I can't remember one time when he tried to talk a player through not having a day he was having."

Burress said he always stood behind Manning, but those feelings soured when the quarterback failed to visit Burress during his nearly two-year prison stint after pleading guilty to one count of attempted criminal possession of a weapon.

"I was always his biggest supporter, even days he wasn't on, 'cause I could sense he didn't have thick skin," Burress said. "Then I went away, and I thought he would come see me, but nothing, not a letter, in two years. I don't want to say it was a slap in the face, but I thought our relationship was better than that."

When Burress, 34, met with Giants brass in July, Manning was not present, and even told the media that he would not lobby management for the receiver's return.

Manning has acknowledged that he didn't visit Burress.

"I thought about (visiting Burress) a few times," he said. "It just never worked out. Just one of those deals. As soon as he got out, called him a few weeks after and just talked to him for a little bit. It sounded like he learned a lot and it changed his life."

Week 1: Jets vs. Cowboys

Gang Green eyes the Super Bowl. The road starts now: Jets Center Blog

Burress agrees with that. He went to prison and left behind a toddler son and pregnant wife. He cried looking at pictures of his son that his wife sent.

"I told her, 'Stop sending pictures because they eat me up so much.' Me and her were arguing on the phone each day, 'cause I was locked down in a lot of pain, and she's in pain about her life outside, being alone with a kid and seven months pregnant," Burress told Men's Journal. "Then at chow, these white officers are yelling, 'You black mother------! You stupid f------ dumbass: You're finished!' It was the lowest point ever in my life."

Burress had been upset with New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, who was a driving force in making sure Burress, despite his celebrity status, would be made an example of after he shot himself.

"The way Bloomberg treated me was totally wrong, stacked those charges so high I had to go to jail," Burress said.

In jail, "they treated me like a f------ axe murderer. 23-hour lockdown, noncontact visiting, and only a Bible to read," Burress said. "Nobody deserves to live like that, man."

Burress told the magazine he received hate mail from several fans.

"I was a human pincushion; they were like, 'Yeah, we finally got you, mother------'" he said. "On the cover of the New York Post, it said 'GIANT IDIOT!' and I'm thinking, 'Damn, I went and gave 'em what they wanted. I'm just another gun-toting, famous black athlete.' "

Burress' response to fans who took pleasure in his pain?

"What are you doing now?" he said. "You still mad at your job? You still angry about your life? 'Cause I'm back living my life and enjoying my family while you're still doing the same thing."

In prison, though, Burress started to realize that he wasn't just a victim, that he had chosen to take the gun into the club and "changed my life." He knew he had to do things differently.

"I was an edge-goer at times, running the streets and living life and not spending time with my family," he told the magazine. "Or taking risks and not thinking about the consequences, which gave them the chance to take me down."

Week 1: Giants at Redskins

Will Big Blue return to the playoffs? The quest begins: Giants Center Blog

He forever will be remembered by Giants' fans and the organization after making the game-winning catch in the 17-14 victory over the undefeated New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII, but Burress still carries a lot of resentment, too much to re-sign, even though he reached out to the team when he was released from prison.

He said he was even treated poorly that Super Bowl season because he couldn't practice due to right ankle and left knee injuries.

"It was hurtful that they didn't have the courage (after the season) to admit they told me not to practice all year," Burress said, specifically mentioning general manager Jerry Reese, according to the Men's Journal article. "They let the media tear me apart, saying I was dogging practice, that I wasn't a team player, all this sh--. The players thought I was pissing on 'em, and coach Coughlin hated it because he was out of the loop: The orders came from upstairs. And meanwhile, he's on the sideline cursing me out 'cause I got a ball punched out against Green Bay. I just stared at him like, 'Are you out of your fu----- mind? I got a separated shoulder and can't run!' "

He cleared the air with the Giants but signed a one-year, $3.017 million contract with the Jets. On Thursday after practice, Burress explained why he blasted the Giants.

"For me, there just comes a time when you want to get things off your chest and you just speak about it at that time and put it behind you," said Burress, adding that he was "just being honest." "I met with everybody over there (with the Giants) and I think everything went well. We had some good conversations, closure on the situation that happened with me, and everybody over there at that time. And I thought that everything was as good as it probably could have went."

The Jets and Giants play each other in Week 16 on Christmas Eve. Burress is set to make his regular-season debut Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys in New York.

Beyond the field, Burress has tried to turn a negative situation into a positive, speaking at this year's rookie symposium.

"I told them, 10 years ago I was sitting where you're at and not trying to hear this sh--," Burress said, according to Men's Journal. "But I threw away $12 million these last two years, and half of you will never even see that. I made a choice and lost everything: my contract, my Nike deal, and the birth of my daughter. That ain't some dude talking; it actually happened."

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

Plax sounds like Red in Shawshank at his last parole hearing. Get that black motherfucka the ball!

#3 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

There's so much irony in this article

Makes me glad he didn't enjoy jail

Keyword JAIL
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:57 AM

In jail, "they treated me like a f------ axe murderer. 23-hour lockdown, noncontact visiting, and only a Bible to read," Burress said. "Nobody deserves to live like that, man."
best thing for him get right with GOD and be an example for others to follow.
it figures that the media Devils put that in print at this time they should get 23 hrs lockdown with only a Bible to read.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Canuck Jet Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

"What are you doing now?" he said. "You still mad at your job? You still angry about your life? 'Cause I'm back living my life and enjoying my family while you're still doing the same thing."

Eerily similar to Lebron James' response to fans. Grow up and be the bigger person.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

-Matt Groening

#6 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

View PostCanuck Jet, on 09 September 2011 - 01:00 PM, said:

Eerily similar to Lebron James' response to fans. Grow up and be the bigger person.

f***ing comical. I know one guy I won't be pulling for in a Jets jersey.

Moron.

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

Why all the Plax hate? holy f*ck!!

The guy has been pinned to the God damn dart board for 2 years. What do you want him to say? I personally thought it was a good article. Screw Coughlin and Eli. He was a teammate and their turned their back on him, he made a mistake and f*cked up, he got served a big slab of humble pie. He seems calm and collected now and poised for a big year.

Why all the hate? did I miss something?

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

He was made an example of. Apparently this interview was July 21st, he actually had dinner with Coughlin after that. A lot of players don't like Coughlin.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 09 September 2011 - 03:52 PM, said:

Why all the Plax hate? holy f*ck!!

The guy has been pinned the God damn dart board for 2 years. What do you want him to say? I personally thought it was a good article. Screw Coughlin and Eli. He was a teammate and their turned their back on him, he made a mistake and f*cked up, he got served a big slab of humble pie. He seems calm and collected now and poised for a big year.

Why all the hate? did I miss something?

Yeah, you clearly did.

I'll quote it for you.

#10 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 September 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

Yeah, you clearly did.

I'll quote it for you.

Yea I read that... what's the problem? It's his way of digging back at Giants fans who no doubt wrote him awful letters and spammed his twitter. This whole article was about the Giants, Coughlin and Giants fans. What's the problem?

#11 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 09 September 2011 - 11:57 AM, said:

"I'm like, forget support -- how about some concern? I did just have a bullet in my leg. And then I sat in his office, and he pushed back his chair and goes, 'I'm glad you didn't kill anybody!' Man, we're paid too much to be treated like kids. He doesn't realize that we're grown men and actually have kids of our own."

Give me a break Plax! Grown men do not bring loaded firearms into public places especially when: he can afford his own security detail (those dudes can carry) and are not in danger of bodily harm.

We all know Tom Caughlin is an ass but whats wrong being happy nobody was killed?

Show us New York Jets fans you can still do it before you go running your mouth because you sound like a spoiled child who only has what he has because by the grace of God was born so big and athletic because without that you would be hating your job too.

I will take all this back when you become a successful receiver on my favorite team in all of the world!!

#12 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 09 September 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Yea I read that... what's the problem? It's his way of digging back at Giants fans who no doubt wrote him awful letters and spammed his twitter. This whole article was about the Giants, Coughlin and Giants fans. What's the problem?

His way of getting back? Seriously? Acting immature because others did, doesn't justify anything.

The simple fact that some (most probably) athletes look at the every day average person (me and you) and think we hate our lives because we're not million dollar making, overpaid professional athletes is a f***ing joke. All he see's apparently is the fact that he served jail time and he's come back and nothings changed in his life. He's still making big money and doing his thing.

He's an arrogant, ignorant punk who obviously didn't learn a damn thing while he was away.

Combine that with Jetfan's post he just made and its blatant how big of a punk Plaxico well and truly is. Nothing's changed.

#13 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

Plax is saying that he made a mistake and has moved on and is back in is normal life and he is saying where are you stuck in the same place in the past move I have.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#14 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

I didn't find the article to be a bad reflection on the guy just makes him look a bit pathetic. I hope he gives everything to help the Jets win. Sure, he was a dumbass for carrying a weapon in a state where it is a felony (wasn't his wife a lawyer- couldn't she have opened her big trap or something and advise him AGAINST it or whatever...) and a major dumbass for refusing the plea bargain. But he catches footballs for a living so what do you expect anyway.

One thing I would like to see is when he is standing on the sideline to be wearing his hat straight on his head like a grownup instead of 25 degrees cockeyed like he does. Nothing says adolescent like a crooked lid.

#15 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 09 September 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

Plax is saying that he made a mistake and has moved on and is back in is normal life and he is saying where are you stuck in the same place in the past move I have.

I guess I'm reading it completely different then.

Either way, Plaxico was never going to be one of my favorites. Just catch footballs and help us win please. Posted Image

#16 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

The only problem I have with what Plax said was his insinuation that Bloomberg was trying to make an example out of him. I'm glad Bloomberg did. Just because Plax is a famous athlete doesnt mean he should be above the law. The other thing is the whole 23 hour lockdown thing. If his ass wasn't in protective custody he wouldnt have had to worry about a 23 hour lockdown.

Other than that, I have no issue with what he said. You don't have to like the man wearing the jersey. Just support the team name on the jersey dammit.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 09 September 2011 - 07:56 PM, said:

You don't have to like the man wearing the jersey. Just support the team name on the jersey dammit.

With the amount of loud mouth idiots we have on this team, we have no other choice but to keep our faith in the badge on the jersey.

I've made it known how much I hate the shit we talk. It pisses me off continually.

#18 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

You guys are some tough ass Puritans. Consider the facts that lead him to jail and the circumstance:

1. Although he technically committed a crime, he was the only victim.
2. He was definitely made an example of, with charges that were levied to ensure that he would serve jail time.
3. His team mate (Antonio Pierce) snitched on him.
4. He missed the birth of his child.
5. His celebrity was used against him, even though he can't help being a celebrity. By that, I mean that the average citizen would not have been sentenced to jail time under those same exact cicrumstance.

If I was him, I'd be upset too. He lost 2 years of his life and 2 years of his kids lives because the Mayor of NYC made him a scapegoat to send a message to the city.

#19 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:13 AM

There's nothing pure about what I'm saying and you know it. I don't care about anything that led up to his prison time, or things that brought himself to prison. I'm talking about his attitude in general. It's shit. I thought it was plain to see but I see there is a line in the sand... which is fair enough

#20 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

Plaxico may be an underwear stain, but it doesn't mean you have to even listen to what he says. It's not like anyone is turning to him for moral advice.....right? Just catch some TDs #17, that's all you are being paid to do.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users