NYJetsFan.com Forums: Plax Hates Caughlin - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (10 July 2014 - 09:00 AM) THE BEETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (10 July 2014 - 12:13 PM) GET JOHNSON
azjetfan Icon : (10 July 2014 - 12:42 PM) Fire Idzik!
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:29 AM) titties
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) http://i.imgur.com/mn7uxIi.jpg
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) need to get that suarez jersey
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) streets is real
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) FIRE SANTANA
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) He's the reason we have nothing to talk about
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Plax Hates Caughlin

#21 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

do you know how many giants have called out coughlin? current like rolle and past like tiki and strahan
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:00 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 September 2011 - 01:06 AM, said:

do you know how many giants have called out coughlin? current like rolle and past like tiki and strahan

Tiki Barber's a joke who is bitter that the team won a SB when he was busy running his mouth and pretending to be the next big journalist. At the end of the say, Coughlin is a good coach and has a ring.

As to Plax, I assume he had a poor father figure. If I was illegally carrying a gun in public, shot myself on accident, I wouldn't get mad that someone said it was "sad and disappointing."

Zero percent chance I am going to be a Burress fan, before this or after this, but I guess I'd be saying pretty well the same about Braylon now, so oh well...
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#23 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 September 2011 - 06:23 PM, said:

His way of getting back? Seriously? Acting immature because others did, doesn't justify anything.

The simple fact that some (most probably) athletes look at the every day average person (me and you) and think we hate our lives because we're not million dollar making, overpaid professional athletes is a f***ing joke. All he see's apparently is the fact that he served jail time and he's come back and nothings changed in his life. He's still making big money and doing his thing.

He's an arrogant, ignorant punk who obviously didn't learn a damn thing while he was away.

Combine that with Jetfan's post he just made and its blatant how big of a punk Plaxico well and truly is. Nothing's changed.

I see your point. I didn't take it like that tho. Step in his shoes for a second. The shooting himself, the grief he took because of it, being jailed for 2 years more grief he took. He's human man. We all aren't built from the same cloth. Not every athlete is going to act like Reggie White. He got tired of being attacked and responded. Generally when you respond your going to respond with something that's going to be felt by the receiving party. Plax low balled? yes but I didn't take like that.

#24 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

I don't think Plax deserved what he got. Unlike Vick, he wasn't engaged in a criminal activity. Yes he had a loaded gun on him... but he also had a concealed weapons liscence (albeit from FL and it was expired). He was made an example of, 100%. I know that a lot of us perceive athletes as overpriviledged primaddonnas but we're talking about whisking a guy away from his family for 2 years for accidentally shooting himself in the leg. That's up there with charging someone with attempted murder for a failed suicide attempt.

Jayson Williams deserves to be in jail, not Plax.

Food for thought: Bassy Telfair was stopped in the BX in 2008 for speeding. The cops found a loaded .45 in the car. He plead guilty to criminal possession of a weapon and got 3 years probation.

#25 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 September 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

I don't think Plax deserved what he got. Unlike Vick, he wasn't engaged in a criminal activity. Yes he had a loaded gun on him... but he also had a concealed weapons liscence (albeit from FL and it was expired). He was made an example of, 100%. I know that a lot of us perceive athletes as overpriviledged primaddonnas but we're talking about whisking a guy away from his family for 2 years for accidentally shooting himself in the leg. That's up there with charging someone with attempted murder for a failed suicide attempt.

Food for thought: Bassy Telfair was stopped in the BX in 2008 for speeding. The cops found a loaded .45 in the car. He plead guilty to criminal possession of a weapon and got 3 years probation.

Last year, in New York City, nearly 80 percent of the people convicted of a third-degree charge still ended up behind bars, according to the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services. Of those people, 41 percent ended up serving more than one year in jail; 24 percent ended up serving one year in jail; 6 percent less than one year in jail, and 6 percent had a mixture of jail and probation 24 percent only had probation.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4018403

#26 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

Also, Plax turned down a 3 month plea deal, in which he would have only served 2 months with a crap load of community service. It's still his fault he did time.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 September 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

Absolutely.

#28 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

I think it's funny how, in America, when someone gets the maximum sentence he or she is "being made an example of." The law allows Judges leeway in determining sentences to adjust punishment based on individual cases.

Plax doesn't get to say "but, but...I only hurt me!!!!" and have his crime dropped to Misdemeanor Jackassery-$100 fine, cash money homie. A gun accidentally being fired in a public area could potentially hurt, or kill, innocent bystanders. The issue isn't that only he was hurt, or that it was an expressly an accident. His decision to illegally carry a gun obviously put others at risk, and he was punished for it.

The fact that he doesn't keep his mouth shut about the incident and appreciate getting a second chance shows that he is a fool. Vick, it seems, appreciates what he has been given by the Eagles. Plaxico thinks he deserves something.

Oh, and having an out of date license is no excuse. An ex-Marine doesn't get to carry around his rifle or fire mortars from his back yard.
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 10 September 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

I think it's funny how, in America, when someone gets the maximum sentence he or she is "being made an example of." The law allows Judges leeway in determining sentences to adjust punishment based on individual cases.

Plax doesn't get to say "but, but...I only hurt me!!!!" and have his crime dropped to Misdemeanor Jackassery-$100 fine, cash money homie. A gun accidentally being fired in a public area could potentially hurt, or kill, innocent bystanders. The issue isn't that only he was hurt, or that it was an expressly an accident. His decision to illegally carry a gun obviously put others at risk, and he was punished for it.

The fact that he doesn't keep his mouth shut about the incident and appreciate getting a second chance shows that he is a fool. Vick, it seems, appreciates what he has been given by the Eagles. Plaxico thinks he deserves something.

Oh, and having an out of date license is no excuse. An ex-Marine doesn't get to carry around his rifle or fire mortars from his back yard.

the problem is the law is contradictory. in your case your saying the action got punished not the result. however if you try to kill someone and don't suceed you get less of a sentence for attemptive murder then you do if you suceed. so you gte punsihed based on the results not the action itself. Same with a DUI you get punished different for driving drunk then you do if you drive drunk and kill someone. action is the same result is different. Plax fucked up by carrying an illegal weopen but had he had a valid gun licence he probably wouldn't have gotten in trouble at all or at worse case some little fine for public disrution or somehting
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 10 September 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

Absolutely.

Did you not read what I posted about his punishment?

Seems to me the information doesn't back up the 'made an example of'

Don't bring a loaded gun and let it go off in a public place and you won't be arrested and 'made an example of' anyway.

It's hilarious how Plaxico plays the role of a victim in his situation.

#31 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:06 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 September 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

the problem is the law is contradictory. in your case your saying the action got punished not the result. however if you try to kill someone and don't suceed you get less of a sentence for attemptive murder then you do if you suceed. so you gte punsihed based on the results not the action itself. Same with a DUI you get punished different for driving drunk then you do if you drive drunk and kill someone. action is the same result is different. Plax fucked up by carrying an illegal weopen but had he had a valid gun licence he probably wouldn't have gotten in trouble at all or at worse case some little fine for public disrution or somehting

Exactly Right , plus the poltican chose to throw the book at him instead of treating him like any other American with bad papers.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#32 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

View Postgmany3k, on 10 September 2011 - 11:06 PM, said:

Exactly Right , plus the poltican chose to throw the book at him instead of treating him like any other American with bad papers.

Again, did you not read the statistics I posted above? Or what Rhodes said when Plaxico turned down a lighter plea deal?

I'm confused.

#33 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:59 PM

View PostRhodes1991, on 10 September 2011 - 01:30 AM, said:

Plaxico may be an underwear stain, but it doesn't mean you have to even listen to what he says. It's not like anyone is turning to him for moral advice.....right? Just catch some TDs #17, that's all you are being paid to do.

Ding ding ding

Agreeeeed
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#34 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 10 September 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

There is a difference there. Attempted Murder is an actual charge, and yes, it is "less" of one than an actual murder. But Burress was charged with a count of Reckless Endangerment (and two counts of Illegal Possession). As such, his sentencing is factoring in the fact that someone could have been killed. What you are talking about with the Murder and Attempted Murder is different because those are separate charges.

Here is a quote from his defense lawyer, in relation to their decision to accept a plea bargain:

"unfortunately, there is no legal defense we can offer,"

His charges amounted to two felonies and a Class A Misdemeanor. These are crimes that can result in multiple sentences, and in this case, Plaxico served two years because he apparently thought going to court would get him worse. It isn't even like he was just flat out sentenced to them, he agreed to it.

Get over it people. Plaxico Burress is a criminal, he served time, and he is still an immature punk.
Posted Image

#35 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 11 September 2011 - 12:57 AM, said:

Agreed that he responded in an immature way. Given that this interview occurred shortly after he was released and prior to him signing for the Jets, hopefully it was just a single case of him letting off steam and that future comments will be far more humble and sensible. It would have been ideal for him to sit down with Vick and even Tony Dungy - even though him and Rex had a minor public spat last season - to help counsel him.

Who needs to carry a gun anyway? It would probably help things if it wasn't a right for people in the US to carry and bear arms, but that's a whole other debate...

#36 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 10 September 2011 - 09:04 PM, said:

There is a difference there. Attempted Murder is an actual charge, and yes, it is "less" of one than an actual murder. But Burress was charged with a count of Reckless Endangerment (and two counts of Illegal Possession). As such, his sentencing is factoring in the fact that someone could have been killed. What you are talking about with the Murder and Attempted Murder is different because those are separate charges.

Here is a quote from his defense lawyer, in relation to their decision to accept a plea bargain:

His charges amounted to two felonies and a Class A Misdemeanor. These are crimes that can result in multiple sentences, and in this case, Plaxico served two years because he apparently thought going to court would get him worse. It isn't even like he was just flat out sentenced to them, he agreed to it.

Get over it people. Plaxico Burress is a criminal, he served time, and he is still an immature punk.

personally i can care less as long as he plays like he did tonight
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

Just a little food for thought for the people that are saying that the mayor made "an example of" Plax and that he got the book thrown at him........what the hell are you people smoking? I want some. I'm glad Plax is on our squad, but don't give me that BS that he got the book thrown at him. In NY there is a MANDATORY sentence of SEVEN years for a crime involving a gun where the gun is discharged. Plax was offered 3 MONTHS, turned it down and STILL got a deal that anyone not famous would give their left arm for. The only "example" that was made was that money talks if you're a professional athlete. If it was any of us, we would not have been offered a sweet-heart deal and you all know it.

That being said.......I want Plax to continue to do what he did last night. Lay a mother f#$ker out on the field & catch TD passes.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#38 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:39 AM

Posted Image
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#39 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 September 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

Yeah, you clearly did.

I'll quote it for you.

Burress' response to fans who took pleasure in his pain?

"What are you doing now?" he said. "You still mad at your job? You still angry about your life? 'Cause I'm back living my life and enjoying my family while you're still doing the same thing."

Those fans with shitty jobs who enjoy relaxing on Sundays and watching football before going off to a tough work week are the reason he makes so much money as a criminal. Maybe he should have a little more respect. I never had a problem with him, and I always believe that everyone deserves a second chance, but he just made himself VERY unlikable in my eyes.
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   C l u t c H 385 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

Whinig about jail...GTFO.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +