NYJetsFan.com Forums: Southern Cali/arizona Power Outage - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:48 PM) I understand why. What I'm saying is if you take a jab people will jab back. Have you heard that saying " dont throw rocks when you live in a glass house?"
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:49 PM) The way you understand things if I call you an idiot about not wanting to trade for a high end qb its no different from me disrespecting your family. Thats what Im getting from you. So the way you see things everything is equally personal
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:50 PM) From complete strangers on an Internet forum? Yes. Man up
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:51 PM) Nod the debate was if he is a "high end" player. I thought he was well above average but not worth a 6th overall pick
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:55 PM) Not worth my time to even acknowledge anymore. Just going to ignore you like I do Mr. Jet. You have a lot of mental growing up to do.
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:57 PM) That's funny coming from a guy who went butt f*** crazy a couple hours ago
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:57 PM) Meanwhile you can't seem to respect that others opinions are different than yours
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:59 PM) You are emotionally weak. You went through some serious shit growing up and you can't adjust. You take it out on your keyboard.
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 09:00 PM) When someone challenges your immaturity you have a complete crazy freak out and act like a girl on her first period
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 09:00 PM) Hence the "go wipe your pussy and man up comment
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 April 2015 - 10:16 PM) Please Rob, leave my name out of your little bitchfest.
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 11:46 PM) My bad. You have been respecting my request to you I had a while backI made to you by us not commenting to each other to keep peace between us. I was totally in the wrong for bringing your name up at all and into an argument with member that has issues. I got furious furious with a child. I should've just ignored him like I do the other immature kids on some game forums and sites I belong to. Wont happen again. My apologies for bringing your name into it Mr. Jet.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 07:04 AM) Dude.... Get back on your meds.
blk_orion Icon : (16 April 2015 - 07:47 AM) WTF? Really???
blk_orion Icon : (16 April 2015 - 07:48 AM) Now back to our regular scheduled program......
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 08:08 AM) Lol that escalated quickly
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:24 AM) Rex is chirping again.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) He said he is going to try and kick the Shit out of the Jets
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) http://sports.yahoo....l8xBHNlYwNzcg--
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) I still like the guy. He's entertaining
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 01:25 PM) i miss rex. love his demeanor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 01:26 PM) i'd be happy if he kicks the shit out of miami and NE every year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) I
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) I'm excited for the new coaching staff
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) Rex wsa fun, but he was too much with the defense instead of the entire football team
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:57 PM) also he didn't always hold players accountable. I think Bowles will make the team more disciplined.
santana Icon : (17 April 2015 - 02:50 AM) I don't have any faith in bowles
azjetfan Icon : (17 April 2015 - 08:15 AM) “San Diego Chargers will ultimately make a deal with the Tennessee Titans for the number two overall pick. As part of that trade, the Chargers will send the number 17 overall pick and Philip Rivers, just as a start, for the number two pick.”
azjetfan Icon : (17 April 2015 - 08:15 AM) Damn... Who called it? This guy.
azjetfan Icon : (17 April 2015 - 08:16 AM) http://national.sunt...s-mariota-trade
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 April 2015 - 10:13 AM) So we would now lose out on maroita and rivers
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 April 2015 - 10:13 AM) Ain't that super
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 01:39 PM) do we make a trade for AP?
santana Icon : (17 April 2015 - 02:41 PM) I believe the rivers stuff is all speculation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 03:38 PM) So a top ten qb and the 17th pick for the 2nd overall as a start? Makes sense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 03:39 PM) So Many smokescreens this time of year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 04:08 PM) only 2 more weeks before we find out. draft day will be exciting
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 04:09 PM) my money is we'll take a pass rushing OLB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 April 2015 - 08:08 PM) Yup, unless they trade up.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:36 PM) Just spent two w
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:36 PM) hours in a fitting booth for my new irons.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) going with Ping G25
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) 4-pw
santana Icon : (Today, 02:36 AM) Nice
santana Icon : (Today, 02:38 AM) My mizunos are still in Va I need to fly them down. Tired of borrowing clubs
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Southern Cali/arizona Power Outage

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:58 AM

anyone here hear about this? seriously i work in an emergency business and have worked like 35 out of the last 40 hours.

More than 1.5 million in the dark in California, Arizona, Mexico
September 08, 2011|By the CNN Wire Staff

The blackout has left more than 1 million customers without power and caused widespread traffic jams.

A power outage Thursday left more than 1.5 million people in the dark in parts of Southern California, Arizona and Mexico as authorities scrambled to figure out what happened and how to get the lights back on.

Authorities said the outage occurred after a high-voltage power line between Arizona and California was tripped out of service, according to a statement released by San Diego Gas & Electric. It was not known what caused the service to be shut off, though authorities said it was not an act of terrorism.
Advertisement
Ads by Google

CFA ProgramsIntegrity In Wealth Management: Learn More About The CFA Program CFAInstitute.Org
Nasal Allergy InfoLearn About a Treatment that May Help Prevent Nasal Allergy Symptoms www.Nasal-Allergies.com

Power began to be restored by late evening Thursday, though officials warned it would take until Friday to completely restore power in portions of San Diego and Orange counties.

"Again, it's a slow process. It's going to take a long time to bring the power," San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders told reporters.

The mayor warned residents in one California's most populous counties to stay off the road and limit cellular phone service, and school was cancelled Friday for thousands of students.

San Diego Gas & Electric said all of its 1.4 million customers were without power.

The power line break "caused our line from AZ and from the north of our region to both trip off," the utility posted on its Twitter account.

"Think of the system as linked by springs, when one part goes out the rest are affected," another Twitter post from the utility said.

Power outages in California stretched Thursday from San Clemente in Orange County to the state's border with Mexico, a San Diego County spokesman told CNN.

In Arizona, about 56,000 customers in Yuma lost power, Arizona Power and Supply said.

Parts of Mexico's Baja California and Sonora states were also without power, Mexican authorities said.

The power outage posed no threat to the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station near San Clemente, California, authorities said.

At the nuclear power plant, units "tripped from grid disturbance" but have offsite power and were in normal shutdown mode, said Eliot Brenner, director of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission's Office of Public Affairs.

The Civil Protection Department in Baja California said authorities there were working to fix a problem at a hydroelectric plant.

San Diego County activated its emergency operations center as officials tried to learn more about the blackout, county spokesman Michael Workman said.

Linzi Berkowitz in Carlsbad, California, said the widespread power outage wreaked havoc during rush hour.

"The whole city is a mess and hopefully it doesn't get worse," she told CNN iReport.

Power went out about 3:45 p.m. in San Diego, said Joe Pettigrew, who said he was trapped on the 10th floor of an office building.

"We don't have air conditioning and the windows don't open," he said, noting that it was about 80 degrees outside.

Rebecca Bloomfield of the San Diego airport authority said the airport was letting only inbound flights land. Outbound flights and security screening were halted due to the power outage.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users