NYJetsFan.com Forums: This Is Why I Love Sanchez - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:51 PM) TY KC
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) THAT IS A BIG ASS FB
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) if shit had gone our way we'd be 3-1 right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) what a bummer
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) :ranting3:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) INT TD KANSAS CITY!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) we need to start doing that shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) our D needs to start making shit like that happen
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

This Is Why I Love Sanchez

#21 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

[quote name='FlyHiJets' date='12 September 2011 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1315859999' post='327795']

View Postreg83ny, on 12 September 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

Sanchez didn't win this game period. We don't have a running game with Greene. LT coming in opened the offense. Greene might end up being a dissapointment. I hate to look ahead this early but whenever Chris Johnson becomes free and we Know the Titans are cheap, The jets should throw the checkbook at him like they tried to do with Nnamdi.

Greene wasn't even given a chance to do anything last night Reg. He had a total of 10 rushing attempts with most of them coming at the DUMBEST of times. Look at the breakdown. Schitty barely called any run plays in the first half. No back is going to find success when you'r not even attempting to wear out the DL. Schitty got FAR away from the ground and pound that this team has been known for. There was no balance. If we could actually find a balance, it would be nice and I think Greene could produce. This team could be scary if there was a healthy balance.

Sanchez's numbers were average partially because of lousy play calling and the Defense knowing that we were passing before the ball was snapped.

[b]I'm just sayin. We still got another 15 games to go to evaluate him. One game at a time sweet jesus.

#22 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 12 September 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

Seriously!? I hate this crap, when was the last time you can remember a big name free agent RB being worth his new contract? Especially the RB position of all, which is so dependent on the system, offensive line, QB, and is so easily replaceable through the draft.

If Shonn Greene doesn't work out you draft another one...

2000+ yards. The last time we saw that kind of numbers the Ravens RB years ago. You don't see too often. Unlike Nnamdi, CJ 2K touches the ball 25+ times a game. Why wouldn't you want CJ. You just draft another one just like that. What if the draft is slim at the RB position when were picking. CJ is proven and outplayed his contract. LT won't be around either. When his time is due in Tenn, its CJ or bust.

#23 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

Chris Johnson just got an extension from the titans. By the time hes a FA he'll be around 30 years old.
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 12 September 2011 - 08:05 PM, said:

Chris Johnson just got an extension from the titans. By the time hes a FA he'll be around 30 years old.

Not mention, he had a whopping 24 yards rushing yesterday. By the way, how is Jamal Lewis doing these days? Riiight.
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

The NFL is steadily become a passing league with very little emphasis going to FA RBs. Most RBs stay with their team long enough that by the time they become FAs, they're no longer effective.

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:35 AM

sanchez is his best when its do or die. just wish he played that good for a full 60 minutes
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:46 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 12 September 2011 - 10:11 AM, said:

Last night, down a couple of scores in the 4th, you'd expect to be shitting bricks. I was nervous, but it was a good nervous. I wasn't panicked. I knew that if he had the time, Mark was going to drive the offense down the field. That's the big thing about him. His numbers won't wow you, but when the game is on the line, he's as good as anyone. I kept screaming "It's Tone Time" at the TV.

Woah what?!? Sanchez had the ball twice, late in the 4th quarter and a chance to win the game and came up empty twice. Folk had to nail a 50 yard field goal after Sanchez failed to get a first down. Not sure what the hell you were watching.

Jets start the drive with 2:16 remaining in the 4th quarter. They start at their 20 yardline. They ran 6 plays only netting 9 total yards and have to punt.

They get the ball back with 0:49 left in the game. Shonn Greene gets 2 yards up the middle before Sanchez throws 2 straight incompletions, forcing the Jets to rely on a very long field goal.

In the 2 chances for Sanchez to drive down and win the game, he went 2-7 11 yards, only 1 first down and got sacked.

And yes, I'm well aware I'm coming off as very negative about Sanchez at this point. Maybe I don't give him enough credit but I'm dying to see the Jets get to the Super Bowl and I worry that Sanchez cant get the Jets there. And while I don't give him enough credit, I think the rest of you guys give him WAY too much, the same way you guys did with Pennington.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 13 September 2011 - 04:46 AM, said:

Woah what?!? Sanchez had the ball twice, late in the 4th quarter and a chance to win the game and came up empty twice. Folk had to nail a 50 yard field goal after Sanchez failed to get a first down. Not sure what the hell you were watching.

Jets start the drive with 2:16 remaining in the 4th quarter. They start at their 20 yardline. They ran 6 plays only netting 9 total yards and have to punt.

They get the ball back with 0:49 left in the game. Shonn Greene gets 2 yards up the middle before Sanchez throws 2 straight incompletions, forcing the Jets to rely on a very long field goal.

In the 2 chances for Sanchez to drive down and win the game, he went 2-7 11 yards, only 1 first down and got sacked.

And yes, I'm well aware I'm coming off as very negative about Sanchez at this point. Maybe I don't give him enough credit but I'm dying to see the Jets get to the Super Bowl and I worry that Sanchez cant get the Jets there. And while I don't give him enough credit, I think the rest of you guys give him WAY too much, the same way you guys did with Pennington.

But of course this will be chalked up as Sanchez leading us back. smh. green goggles are seriously on. Not to mention if our offense wasn't as inept in the first half we wouldnt' even be in that situation.

#29 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 13 September 2011 - 04:46 AM, said:

I know how the game played out. This topic wasn't about how great Mark's comeback was. This was about the confidence that he inspires. I KNEW the Jets were going to pull it off. I didn't know how, but I trust this team to win in the 4th Q, and it starts at the QB.

In his defense, those two passing plays were horrific calls. They should've ran Greene up the gut 3 times to get Folk closer.

#30 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

Never did I expect the debate on Sanchez this season to be so polarised after just four quarters of the regular season. The fact is, we've got a QB who has won plenty more than he has lost in this league so far and - as a Jets fan - I'm comfortable with that.

Sanchez certainly can improve, but he did what he has always done as a Jet in my eyes - he had his ups and downs (it wasn't a great game for him, but by no stretch was his performance bad), but in the end found a way to help his team win.

#31 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 September 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

I know how the game played out. This topic wasn't about how great Mark's comeback was. This was about the confidence that he inspires. I KNEW the Jets were going to pull it off. I didn't know how, but I trust this team to win in the 4th Q, and it starts at the QB.

In his defense, those two passing plays were horrific calls. They should've ran Greene up the gut 3 times to get Folk closer.

The title of this topic is why i love sanchez. if you're saying you knew the jets would pull it off then it should say this is why i love the jets. And reading what Jetsohfive mentioned about the last drives, how can you say that Mark is the one who instills confidence when he didn't even do anything? the fact that you said we should have ran it three times just shows a lack of confidence in Sanchez. Greene was averaging a little over 2 yards per carry so yeah maybe you'll get 6 yards closer or your qb can make a play or two and we can kick a 30 yarder.

#32 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 12 September 2011 - 10:11 AM, said:

Last night, down a couple of scores in the 4th, you'd expect to be shitting bricks. I was nervous, but it was a good nervous. I wasn't panicked. I knew that if he had the time, Mark was going to drive the offense down the field. That's the big thing about him. His numbers won't wow you, but when the game is on the line, he's as good as anyone. I kept screaming "It's Tone Time" at the TV.

#33 User is offline   Goodfellaz Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 12 September 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

I hate to look ahead this early but whenever Chris Johnson becomes free and we Know the Titans are cheap, The jets should throw the checkbook at him like they tried to do with Nnamdi.

I can't wait to throw the checkbook at him and get 9 carries for 24 yards...
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 12 September 2011 - 11:43 AM, said:

And last night he showed that with absolutely no run game and under constant pressure that he can make plays. Schitty came out with a pretty stupid game plan, I did not like him going spread and leaving Hunter 1 on 1 with Ware. Really I am not mad at Hunter, he did his best against a truly great pass rusher.

He's a gamer bro. Loves the clutch and will look down the barrel without flinching.

Hunter was getting beat by everyone he lined up against. At least 3 different guys. Ware, Spencer and another guy. Not good.

#35 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 12 September 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

2000+ yards. The last time we saw that kind of numbers the Ravens RB years ago. You don't see too often. Unlike Nnamdi, CJ 2K touches the ball 25+ times a game. Why wouldn't you want CJ. You just draft another one just like that. What if the draft is slim at the RB position when were picking. CJ is proven and outplayed his contract. LT won't be around either. When his time is due in Tenn, its CJ or bust.

OK...and the next year after that 2,000 yard season Jamal Lewis (the Ravens RB) had less than half the rushing yards. More importantly his yards per carry dropped from 5.3 in his 2k season, to 4.3, to 3.4 in the following seasons.

This Madden philosophy doesn't work...

Chris Johnson's YPC has dropped from 5.6 in his 2k season to 4.3 last year.

I think it is absolutely foolish to ever sign a big name free agent RB.
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

View Posttriple3s, on 13 September 2011 - 09:31 AM, said:

But of course this will be chalked up as Sanchez leading us back. smh. green goggles are seriously on. Not to mention if our offense wasn't as inept in the first half we wouldnt' even be in that situation.

Do you think maybe the play CALLING had something to do with that? The fact that the Dallas Defense was able to KNOW that we were going to be throwing the ball? The fact that Sanch had plenty of pressure coming in at him? Or would you have preferred Brunell under Center for the last posessions? Sanchez definitely has room to improve but you guys expecting wonders in 3 years are out of your minds. Keep in mind he DID NOT start all games during his college career. And yet you talk about smh. He was able to get the job done and thats all that counts.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#37 User is offline   triple3s Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 13 September 2011 - 06:29 PM, said:

Do you think maybe the play CALLING had something to do with that? The fact that the Dallas Defense was able to KNOW that we were going to be throwing the ball? The fact that Sanch had plenty of pressure coming in at him? Or would you have preferred Brunell under Center for the last posessions? Sanchez definitely has room to improve but you guys expecting wonders in 3 years are out of your minds. Keep in mind he DID NOT start all games during his college career. And yet you talk about smh. He was able to get the job done and thats all that counts.

Oh it's def possible the play calling had something to do with that. but then you can't say he got the job done when on our last two possesions to win the game he didn't do anything to win the game. the defense and special teams got the job done, not sanchez.

Thats all I'm saying. And I DEFINITELY don't want Brunell under it. It's not that I have a problem with the way Sanchez is playing as a 3rd year pro. The problem is that we have a team that is hindered from winning a championship because we're waiting for a qb to develop. ALL the other pieces are in place. We are winning in spite of the QB not because of it. The past two years we have had SOOO many games that have come down to the wire because of our QB/Offensive coordinator(I can't tell who is more to blame. It's possible it's more shotty than him. I can't tell).

Think about it. We've had a top defense. Our special teams is always very good. We have had a top running game the past two years. We have had a GREAT recieving core the past two years and a GREAT offensive line the past two years. The only piece that has been inconsistent has been qb/OC. So I feel that while you're ok with a 3rd year qb playing the way he does if theres a vet that is given the talent on our team we might have a chip already.

#38 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:28 PM

Why does everyone blame everything on Schottenheimer? NO ONE wants to run the ball more than I do. But the Jets were down 14 points and there was pressure to score. You could feel it. The defense could not stop Romo until the very end. They needed to generate points.

It is about execution, not playcalling. When you throw out of an empty set on 4th and inches then you can question the playcalling. Or when you run a draw on 3rd and long you can debate the call. But just because Sanchez struggles doesn't necessarily mean it is Schottenheimer's fault. He is not an elite quarterback. Therefore, he is going to struggle. It is not always going to be pretty.

I remember when the Jets fired Paul Hackett. I thought Hackett did a good job of disguising Pennington's deficiencies. Then they brought in Heimendinger. How'd that work out? Yes Pennington was injured. But did bringing in a coordinator known for stretching the field with the passing game best serve a team with weak armed quarterback?

Sometimes you have to appreciate what you have. Schottenheimer is doing a good job. The players need to execute better.

#39 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

As far as running the ball. It may not even be Schotty. Anyone ever think it could be Greene?
He has yet to show that he is the rb the Jets want him to be. Unless things change he looks like he may better suited in the backup roll. Last year Tomlinson had to take over as the starter. I know its only one game but I hope to hell he starts being the beast we need him to be.

Ive said this since his rookie year and Im still saying it. Sanchez reminds me a lot of a young Brett Favre. That is good and bad, Like Favre in his prime Sanchez is capable of extending plays with his feet and making great throws but also like Favre he also makes some really bad throws at times. I never really cared for Favres style but I can live with it if Sanchez wind the Jets a championship.

The biggest issue I have with Sanchez is that he plays like a horse with blinders on a heck of a lot.To many times Ive seen him lock on to one player or one side of the field while he has a receiver wide open on the other side of the field. Sanchez doesnt scan the field enough. The way I see it being that its his 3rd year he should have had this problem correctec by now. I dont know if this is bad coaching or if Sanchez is to stupid to scan the field like he should.

I saw it in the preseason and I saw it in the first game with Sanchez missing receivers. On one play against Dallas Sanchez was locked on a covered Keller which im pretty sure was the interception play (but dont quote me on that) and Holmes was wide open 15 or 20 yards down the field directly in front of Keller. Holmes was waiving his arms and everything. I was like how the hell did he not see Holmes. On another play Sanchez missed a wide open uncovered Burress.Both of these times Sanchez had time to scan the field.

#40 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:40 AM

I blame three things for the poor running performance on Sunday night....in order:

Offensive Line play - Moore missed most of preseason, Hunter is inconsistent, and the line needs time to gel.

Rob Ryan - That was a damn good defensive performance by their front 7.

The Need to Pass - The Jets were down early and had to pass to win, and they always say it's hard to run block when you've been pass blocking most of the game.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users