NYJetsFan.com Forums: Joe Namath Criticizes Rex, Rex Tells Joe Willie To Stfu - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Joe Namath Criticizes Rex, Rex Tells Joe Willie To Stfu

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) -- Rex Ryan disagrees with Joe Namath's opinion that the Jets coach is making his team overconfident, which helped lead to its loss Sunday at Oakland.

"I'm not going to change who I am because Joe Namath said something," Ryan said Monday.

The Hall of Fame quarterback said on 1050 ESPN Radio on Monday that "it's rather alarming" Ryan allows his players to think "they're better than they are." He says Ryan is doing "a great job," but also says if the coach keeps telling his players how good they are, they might not prepare correctly.

Ryan says Namath, who led the franchise to its only Super Bowl title in 1969, would be "shocked" at how his team prepares.

"He doesn't know our team," Ryan says. "He's on the outside."

Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1Z6f0mvKj

Joe STFU and watch just like everyone else.

#2 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

Stfu Joe you won a Superbowl like a hundred years a go dont do any coaching but always act like you control the team. You are a fan like the rest of us. The players know when they are messing up and so do the coaches. Trying to give the team confidence is never a bad thing.

Stfu Joe. :sterb041:

#3 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

Joe Namath doesn't want the Jets to win the SB, it would be stealing his thunder of being the only Jets QB to win one.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

When Rex wins one than maybe Joe can rest , he wants a Jet super bowl as bad as anyone and Rex probable in the end knows Joe may have a good point and He is someone with credibility unlike yourselves .
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 September 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

Joe Namath doesn't want the Jets to win the SB, it would be stealing his thunder of being the only Jets QB to win one.

yeow! stirring the pot and I like it. You might be on to something there.

#6 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:07 AM

View Postgmany3k, on 26 September 2011 - 11:16 PM, said:

He is someone with credibility unlike yourselves .

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Gc65NC44dSk

Yeah, full of credibility. A drunken fool on national TV.

He's a Jet legend but he needs to support the team or shut the f*** up.

#7 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:49 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 27 September 2011 - 02:07 AM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Gc65NC44dSk

Yeah, full of credibility. A drunken fool on national TV.

He's a Jet legend but he needs to support the team or shut the f*** up.

I agree with Namath 100. Maybe this is going to light a fire under the jets asses. We haven't won anthing yet. I heard the whole interview. At the rate we're running the ball, you can forget about a suoerbowl. I don't think Rex said STFU. He disagree with joe. Quit yelling about how great the jets are go and prove it. We're good but we ain't there yet. If the jets win a superbowl, Namath will still the #1 Jet.

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:58 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 27 September 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

I agree with Namath 100. Maybe this is going to light a fire under the jets asses. We haven't won anthing yet. I heard the whole interview. At the rate we're running the ball, you can forget about a suoerbowl. I don't think Rex said STFU. He disagree with joe. Quit yelling about how great the jets are go and prove it. We're good but we ain't there yet. If the jets win a superbowl, Namath will still the #1 Jet.

No he never told Namath straight up STFU but in so many words he did.

Namath is a blabbering idiot. This is the same team, almost same players to make it to almost 2 straight superbowls back to back. We lose 1 game and this idiot goes on radio and undermines Rex as a head coach when Namath is an outsider looking in like all of us.

Namath is a buffoon. I respect him for 1 reason (we know why) other then that he's a disgrace IMO. Drunk ass coming on air disgracing our franchise. He should know better then that. Now when things don't go right he's throwing Rex under the bus? this is a guy that played in the game on this team, he should know to be quiet and let the team play. We got whipped by the Patriots last year and Rex had us on all cylinders the following week.

Namath is an idiot, take the ring away and he's was just some dude with a cannon for arm and bad knees.

#9 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

This reminds me of Magic Johnson after the Lakers lose in the playoffs. Just because Namath once wore a Jets uniform doesn't mean he can't criticize the team after a loss. He doesn't have to have blind loyalty to the team just because he played for the team. Joe does the same thing with Alabama too, he praises them when they win and criticizes them when they lose.

Rex is right he's not on the inside so Namath knows about as much as the rest of us fans know (maybe a little more) but still he's not in every meeting and at every practice. But still even those of us not on the inside can clearly see there are some real problems and this team IMO is not any better than last year's team. We still don't have depth at the o-line and even more importantly we still don't have a pass rusher. I'm sick of hearing how "Rex's scheme" doesn't require there to be a pass rusher. We need a great pass rusher along with Rex's scheme. That's the best way to beat teams like the Patriots (Brady) and the Steelers (Rothlisberger). Maybe it was the lockout plus no great pass rushers were on the FA market this year. Maybe Wilkerson is that guy and we'll see more of that out of him in the weeks and years ahead. I don't know. But we're still not elite yet, so I'm just as frustrated as Joe Namath is. I have to admit I do get tired of hearing Rex say how this team is going to do this and that, and then we still have these brain fart games against teams we are expected to beat. Beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh in a must win regular season game is great. Beating the Patriots in Foxboro in the playoffs is great. Playing great halves in two straight AFC Championship games is great. But we can't continue to lose to teams that we are expected to beat. Teams like the Raiders and Dolphins for example.

We have to win the division this year and we have to play in some HOME playoff games this year. We have to get over that hump (the AFC Championship game). If this team doesn't start playing better at the line of scrimmage Sanchez is going to end up on IR and we're going to see that banner at the top of this screen say Super Bowl bound 2012.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#10 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

Joe is as big a Jets fan as any of us .. and you shoulda heard me on Monday .. its OK to criticize your team when they stink it up

#11 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

View PostCrazyHorseDave, on 27 September 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

Joe is as big a Jets fan as any of us .. and you shoulda heard me on Monday .. its OK to criticize your team when they stink it up

Don't run to the press to do it.

That's the problem.

Everyone here knows I hate Rex's mouth but we have to support the football team. I express my distaste for Rex on a message board, Joe does it in the media.

#12 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

Namath holds ZERO credibility when it comes to this team or any other for that fact. He won a Superbowl 43 years ago. The entire game was different back then. Not to mention he didn't even throw a single TD pass in that game. Hell....he didn't even complete a pass the entire fourth quarter. It's not a bad thing to tell your team that they're great. Everybody listens to Joe Willy because of his guarantee. If it weren't for Snell & the FG's, Joe would be a nobody.

Namath is a legend and I am thankful for the one ring but unless he thinks he can do a better job, he DOES need to STFU. If he wants to bring input to the team why hasn't he shown up at any practices of during camp to try to help? Could it be because the game passed him by a long time ago and he's living off his legend?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#13 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 27 September 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

Don't run to the press to do it.

That's the problem.

Everyone here knows I hate Rex's mouth but we have to support the football team. I express my distaste for Rex on a message board, Joe does it in the media.

I agree with this. Joe may have won a bowl but her sure as hell wasn't Mr. Perfect either. He acted like an idiot like he was God`s gift or whatever.

This is just my opinion and Im not trying to debate it but to be honest I think he was a pretty crappy qb over all and I will never believe he is a HOF qb.
I think he only made it for his guarantee against the Colts that played most of the game without Unitas and his public image as well as a few memorable games.

His stats suck. He only won half his games with a low completion percentage and way more interceptions than td`s. Like I said its just my opinion that he doesn't belong but whatever.

Anyway the reason I stated all that is Joe sure can run to the media or the team and try to put his two cents into everything but the way I see it he messed up a hell of a lot and just because he actually managed to win a Bowl he seems to think he knows whats best for the team.

STFU Joe and be a fan like the rest of us and quit running to the team and the media every time you have something to say.If you have something to say become a member of a Jets forum and be an anonymous fan member. Keep your mouth out of the media.

#14 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

Could Namath be Helping the Jets?

Former New York Jets quarterback Joe Namath is at it again. Namath, the team's only Super Bowl-winning quarterback, was critical of Jets head coach Rex Ryan after New York's 34-24 loss to the Oakland Raiders.

Namath believes that Ryan may have a preparation issue and that Jets players could be overlooking opponents.

"It starts at the top," Namath told "The Michael Kay Show" this week. "Coach Rex Ryan I think has been doing a great job getting the team to two [AFC] championship games. But if there's one thing about the athlete, if you keep telling him how good he is, he's going to start believing it, to the point that he may not be preparing not quite the way he should. He may be losing some respect for the other team."

For starters, I disagree with Namath's knee-jerk reaction. The Jets cannot get to back-to-back AFC title games by overlooking teams and not being prepared. New York was 2-0 just last week.

But here's the rub: Namath's comments may actually help the Jets (2-1).

Remember Jason Hill? He was the "no-name" Jacksonville receiver who said two weeks ago that Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis was overrated. It caught New York's attention, and the Jets pounded the Jaguars 32-3.

New York is in desperate need of another wake-up call after Sunday's embarrassing loss to Oakland. "Broadway Joe" criticizing his former team and creating a national story should do the trick.

The Jets play with more of an edge when there are detractors. They're going to need all the edge they can muster to survive a brutal, two-game road slate against the Baltimore Ravens (2-1) and New England Patriots (2-1).

#15 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

you should check out my post of broadwayjoe tv where he is talking about the oakland game and his keys to the game. he doesn't sound like anything like the way you guys mouth off.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

Okay some of you guys are going off the rails with this. First off, it's not like Namath beat on the doors of ESPN and said let me on the air so I can complain about Rex Ryan. He is on that show every week. He was booked to be on that show before last Sunday's game whether we won or lost. It's not like he sought out the media. Plus he was asked about that game. He mentioned in that interview how Jim Leonhard said they weren't prepared for game. Even I after hearing about how the Raiders players and coaches bringing up that hot dog nonsense as motivation, I didn't think much of them (if they needed that as motivation). So maybe the players did look past the Raiders especially knowing the Ravens were up next. And what difference is it if he said it on radio or on his Facebook page for example? It's the rest of the mass media that has picked it up and made a bigger story out of it. He could have just as easily used social media to say what he said, so the argument that the problem is that he went to the media to say what he did doesn't really hold water. In this day and age we are all a part of the media. When we push the post button on this board we're are leaving our comments for the world to see. We just have the benefit of having anonymity working in our favor unlike Joe Namath. For all we know Joe could be a member of NYJetsFan.com bitching right along with us.

Now some of you all need to stop with this Joe really wasn't that good bullshit. How many of us here are actually old enough to have seen him play (besides gmany of course)? And I'm not talking about watching as a 6 or 7 year old. I'm talking about as a fan old enough to look at his favorite team with some objectivity. Most of us here only have stats and old clips of footage to go on. You can't say a player wasn't good just on that. Then this oh he wasn't all that good because he didn't have a TD pass in SB III, so the f*** what? Walter Payton didn't have a TD run in SB XX, I guess he wasn't that great either. BTW if we're going to look use stats, Namath had 3 TDs in the 1968 AFL Championship game and the 3rd TD was the game winning TD to send the Jets to Super Bowl III.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#17 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

It's a sad Jets day when people are, not just saying "support the team Joe," but are trashing him for daring to question Rex Ryan. I personally don't think Namath was the greatest Jet ever, but come on, he's one of them and a picture of him is one of the most storied in NFL history. His numbers were solid, he won a Super Bowl for the team, and he shows more support for his team than a lot of ex-quarterbacks.

Ryan does get his team too confidant and they do underprepare. We've all seen it and we all know it.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#18 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 28 September 2011 - 12:46 AM, said:

Okay some of you guys are going off the rails with this. First off, it's not like Namath beat on the doors of ESPN and said let me on the air so I can complain about Rex Ryan. He is on that show every week. He was booked to be on that show before last Sunday's game whether we won or lost. It's not like he sought out the media. Plus he was asked about that game. He mentioned in that interview how Jim Leonhard said they weren't prepared for game. Even I after hearing about how the Raiders players and coaches bringing up that hot dog nonsense as motivation, I didn't think much of them (if they needed that as motivation). So maybe the players did look past the Raiders especially knowing the Ravens were up next. And what difference is it if he said it on radio or on his Facebook page for example? It's the rest of the mass media that has picked it up and made a bigger story out of it. He could have just as easily used social media to say what he said, so the argument that the problem is that he went to the media to say what he did doesn't really hold water. In this day and age we are all a part of the media. When we push the post button on this board we're are leaving our comments for the world to see. We just have the benefit of having anonymity working in our favor unlike Joe Namath. For all we know Joe could be a member of NYJetsFan.com bitching right along with us.

Now some of you all need to stop with this Joe really wasn't that good bullshit. How many of us here are actually old enough to have seen him play (besides gmany of course)? And I'm not talking about watching as a 6 or 7 year old. I'm talking about as a fan old enough to look at his favorite team with some objectivity. Most of us here only have stats and old clips of footage to go on. You can't say a player wasn't good just on that. Then this oh he wasn't all that good because he didn't have a TD pass in SB III, so the f*** what? Walter Payton didn't have a TD run in SB XX, I guess he wasn't that great either. BTW if we're going to look use stats, Namath had 3 TDs in the 1968 AFL Championship game and the 3rd TD was the game winning TD to send the Jets to Super Bowl III.

Great damn post!!!

Who's to say Namath is wrong? The Jets did look flat and unprepared against the Raiders. They also looked like they walked into last year's AFC Championship game against the Steelers like they had already booked their flights to the Superbowl.

The Jets have been pretty terrible after bye-weeks under Rex, when they should have extra time to prepare.

They got absolutely crushed against the Patriots at the end of the regular season last year...being obviously unprepared. Yet, they came out prepared and beat the Pats in the playoffs.

Now, I like Rex as a coach, a lot. But, that doesn't mean he is without flaws. I think he is a damn good coach who is capable of motivating his players and installing a great scheme....but you can't deny there are tons of games where the Jets just come out looking flat.

If the Jets are to be great, they need to be great every game.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

I don't give 2 shits if he was supposed to be on that show or not. He could of conducted himself in a better manner, and if he really thinks he's one of the biggest Jet fans around, he would of. He didn't need to start calling out people and coaches on the Jets. Who the f*** is Namath to call anyone out? We're currently enduring our best few years as an organization under Rex Ryan and Namath was just overreacting like most fans after the loss.

It was silly of him and my point is who f***ing cares what he thinks.

#20 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 28 September 2011 - 11:19 AM, said:

I don't give 2 shits if he was supposed to be on that show or not. He could of conducted himself in a better manner, and if he really thinks he's one of the biggest Jet fans around, he would of. He didn't need to start calling out people and coaches on the Jets. Who the f*** is Namath to call anyone out? We're currently enduring our best few years as an organization under Rex Ryan and Namath was just overreacting like most fans after the loss.

So basically you want Jets fans who go on TV or on the radio to only say good things about the Jets whether it's true or not, whether they believe it or not? With that logic Mike Greenberg can only say good things about the Jets on his show. If Namath had went on that radio show saying the Jets did a great job last Sunday and there looks like there is no problems, people would've thought he was back on the bottle. And why can't Namath call out Rex Ryan? What makes Rex above being criticized by Jets fans ex-players or not?

He (Namath) praises the team when they play and coach well and win. He supports the team when they play and coach well and lose. So why can't he criticize the team when the play and coach badly and lose? Was he overreacting after a loss? Yeah he probably was. So were many other Jets fans not named Joe Namath (including me). Namath has just as much right to be upset as you and I do after that loss. Just because he once played for the team doesn't mean he has to put on a happy face and only say good things about the team. He can be pissed just like we were. Namath doesn't have to go around blowing smoke up Rex Ryan's ass when the team has these brain fart loses. ESPECIALLY when the Patriots lose earlier on the same day.

It was silly of him and my point is who f***ing cares what he thinks.

Well apparently the people at the Michael Kay Show care or they wouldn't have booked him. We seem to care to some degree too or we wouldn't be here talking about it. Just curious so if Florida beats Alabama and Alabama looks unprepared and Namath criticizes Nick Saban in the media, Namath needs to shut the f*** up then too?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users