NYJetsFan.com Forums: Occupy Wall St. Movement - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:37 AM) another potential HC name - Sean Payton. There is a possibility that the Saints decide it's time for a change. Unlikely but if it happens and he's out there....
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:50 PM) Payton is not going anywhere.
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Occupy Wall St. Movement

#21 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

I watched all those type of shows my whole life . one step beyond ,chiller , in search of , to many to recall right now. think more like Moses passing down knowledge by word of mouth.
maybe some of you guys can chime in it would be fun.
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

Bank of America fee retraction shows effect of consumer rage
By Bruce Horovitz, USA TODAY

Consumer rage in an electronic age has corporate titans doing something few have so willingly done before: back-pedaling.

When Bank of America announced Tuesday that it was nixing its widely panned plan to charge consumers a monthly $5 debit card fee, it joined a handful of other familiar banks that also had back-pedaled. The unusual moves follow a recent, customer-instigated about-face by Netflix, which scrapped plans to split into two businesses and ultimately charge customers more.

"Every company is now sitting on electronic quicksand," says Howard Rubenstein, the famed New York PR guru. "It may look like solid ground, but one wrong move and you're up to your chin."

Some see it as the Occupy Wall Street of the no-longer-silent majority. Most corporations only become aware of the wallop of this emerging consumer power when they make a serious mistake and fall victim to it. This new, power-to-the-grumbler movement is only going to grow.

There's a considerable price to be paid in damaged reputation — and lost business — to companies that don't pay heed. Some $58 billion in transactions may be at risk from Americans who had a problem with a product or service purchased within the last year, estimates a study due out today from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University.

"Most companies don't handle problems well," says Mary Jo Bitner, the business professor who oversaw the study. "And that only gets people more enraged." Behind the banter:

•Social media explosion. "For the first time ever, the volume of response is now visible because of social media," branding consultant Martin Lindstrom says.

For example, Consumers Union reached out to 780,000 people on its opt-in list following the original BofA debit card fee announcement, and some 40,000 of them asked for a congressional investigation into the fees, says Norma Garcia, manager of the watchdog group's financial services program. "The bigger message is: consumers matter," she says.

•Frustrated consumers. The sheer number of people experiencing serious problems with companies, products or services keeps growing, Bitner says. The figure, which should be declining, she says, instead ballooned this year to 45% of consumers from 32% in 1976.

•A chance to matter. Many consumers are anxious about their jobs; angry about their salaries and increased workloads; upset about climbing health care costs; and worried about their mortgages, notes Bitner. She says there's still one thing under their control: the chance to speak out.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#23 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

That is the way it should be. The consumer dictates the terms of the product. Not an overgrown out of control government.
Posted Image

#24 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

porkin a girly from the bank
she was giving me some insight on her meetings about these new policies they are trying to enforce

apparently their whole angle to the fees is to steer customers to use their credit cards. so if you go to ur bank and bitch about fees they will tell you to apply for their credit card. that way you can spend what you want on it and pay it at the end of the month. yeah so for you to freely spend your money they are trying to get you to open a credit line with them. total money grab. its a good business tactic but come on fuck off.

not only do they want to potentially add fees per transaction on a debit card
they are considering adding limits to your debit card every month so say you can only spend 300$ on ur debit then you are charged a fee for going over the 300 like 5 bucks or whatever
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#25 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 01 November 2011 - 10:43 PM, said:

That is the way it should be. The consumer dictates the terms of the product. Not an overgrown out of control government.

Yeah it was the government's fault that Bank of America wanted to charge it's costumers a $5 debit card fee. Yep Obama, Plouffe, and Daley cooked that one up right there in the oval office. :rolleyes: There's a reason why it's called Occupy Wall Street and not Occupy Pennsylvania Avenue. The protesters know when Wall Street says "jump", the government says "yes massa, through which hoop?."

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#26 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

View Postsantana, on 01 November 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

she was giving me some insight on her meetings about these new policies they are trying to enforce

apparently their whole angle to the fees is to steer customers to use their credit cards. so if you go to ur bank and bitch about fees they will tell you to apply for their credit card. that way you can spend what you want on it and pay it at the end of the month. yeah so for you to freely spend your money they are trying to get you to open a credit line with them. total money grab. its a good business tactic but come on fuck off.

they are considering adding limits to your debit card every month so say you can only spend 300$ on ur debit then you are charged a fee for going over the 300 like 5 bucks or whatever

Thats Such BS. they don't want you to access your own money? What BS
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 02 November 2011 - 01:19 AM, said:

Yeah it was the government's fault that Bank of America wanted to charge it's costumers a $5 debit card fee. Yep Obama, Plouffe, and Daley cooked that one up right there in the oval office. :rolleyes: There's a reason why it's called Occupy Wall Street and not Occupy Pennsylvania Avenue. The protesters know when Wall Street says "jump", the government says "yes massa, through which hoop?."

I think you missed the point.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

View Postsantana, on 01 November 2011 - 11:31 PM, said:

apparently their whole angle to the fees is to steer customers to use their credit cards. so if you go to ur bank and bitch about fees they will tell you to apply for their credit card. that way you can spend what you want on it and pay it at the end of the month. yeah so for you to freely spend your money they are trying to get you to open a credit line with them. total money grab. its a good business tactic but come on f*** off.

If there whole angle was to steer people into using there CC they would not tell a retail associate. More than likely this was a poor job of a branch manager trying to show X-Sell opportunities. Also the banks make the same exchange rate on Debit card purchases when a PIN # is not used as they do CC transactions. Its only when you use your PIN # does the bank loose out on some of the exchange fee (then it goes to the processor). Also most banks do not house there own CCs. BofA, Wells and Citi may be the only ones that do. No profit there from interest for the rest. Also a bank could care less if you have $20,000 or $100. Banks can no longer make money by storing your money. Most banks and Unions have all the capital they need to fund loans aquire banks ect without your deposits. With the secondary market buying loans as fast as the banks and unions can make them they will never run out of capital. Also the Fed is paying banks 0% right now so there is only cost to banks for people who have accounts (Paying FDIC,overhead,fraud transactions ect). This is where the fees comes in. More than likely your girl was mislead by a poor manager or was not catching all the info.
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 November 2011 - 10:14 PM, said:

I think you missed the point.

My point was that Bank of America went for a greedy money grab and the government had nothing to do with it...well other than being an enabler.

#30 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

Bank of America has got to be one of the biggest jokes in the country. They've backed down from their debit card monthly fee, but no matter what they are still THE single greediest bank in this country. They took billions from the bailout only to give money to their execs and then export another billion plus in jobs to India for the second time in about ten years.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#31 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 02 November 2011 - 10:38 PM, said:

My point was that Bank of America went for a greedy money grab and the government had nothing to do with it...well other than being an enabler.

Ummmm OK. Not sure where you are going with that. My point was we the people should be dictating terms set by retailers by what we buy/use. You can pick whatever company you want.
Posted Image

#32 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 November 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

If there whole angle was to steer people into using there CC they would not tell a retail associate. More than likely this was a poor job of a branch manager trying to show X-Sell opportunities. Also the banks make the same exchange rate on Debit card purchases when a PIN # is not used as they do CC transactions. Its only when you use your PIN # does the bank loose out on some of the exchange fee (then it goes to the processor). Also most banks do not house there own CCs. BofA, Wells and Citi may be the only ones that do. No profit there from interest for the rest. Also a bank could care less if you have $20,000 or $100. Banks can no longer make money by storing your money. Most banks and Unions have all the capital they need to fund loans aquire banks ect without your deposits. With the secondary market buying loans as fast as the banks and unions can make them they will never run out of capital. Also the Fed is paying banks 0% right now so there is only cost to banks for people who have accounts (Paying FDIC,overhead,fraud transactions ect). This is where the fees comes in. More than likely your girl was mislead by a poor manager or was not catching all the info.

Agreed
most likely just a x-sell tactic
Generate more business using their own fees to their advantage
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#33 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

What's sad is within the next year 2 BILLION dollars will be spent just on the presidential election by both campaigns alone, and most of that money is going to come from Wall Street. And that's not counting congressional and state and local races. Yet we can't afford to rebuild this country's aging infrastructure and keep from laying off cops, firefighters, and teachers? It doesn't matter who's in the White House, it doesn't matter who is Speaker of the House. The entire system is fucked up. I'm just glad people have finally started protesting this corrupted of system.

#34 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 03 November 2011 - 03:05 PM, said:

What's sad is within the next year 2 BILLION dollars will be spent just on the presidential election by both campaigns alone, and most of that money is going to come from Wall Street. And that's not counting congressional and state and local races. Yet we can't afford to rebuild this country's aging infrastructure and keep from laying off cops, firefighters, and teachers? It doesn't matter who's in the White House, it doesn't matter who is Speaker of the House. The entire system is fucked up. I'm just glad people have finally started protesting this corrupted of system.

There is alot of truth in that statement. Wall Street should not be singled out though.
Posted Image

#35 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 03 November 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

*edit* Just to echo, it isn't solely Wall Street's/big business that corrupted and all but killed the country. Their political enablers are to blame as well. Every single one of them.
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

RIP George
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

What's sad is within the next year 2 BILLION dollars will be spent just on the presidential election by both campaigns alone

None of the protesting is going to make a damn bit of difference though considering the American general population does not elect the new president.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#38 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 03 November 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

None of the protesting is going to make a damn bit of difference though considering the American general population does not elect the new president.

But how would you resolve this issue? Abolish the Electoral College? Amend the Constitution to ensure that the Presidential Electors follow the popular?

Not that I think either proposal could reach a serious level in Congress, let alone be passed.
Posted Image

#39 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

There will never be a fix because the people who fix it are mostly on the take. What George said is true. And its both sides of the fence. Where is Ross Perot?
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

I think I remember McCain running on a platform of changing campaign financing. Too bad we got Change instead.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users