NYJetsFan.com Forums: Can We Afford Another 57.6 - 76.2 Billion Per Year?? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Lee lee lee lee lee lee lee Lee la la lee le lee leeeee
RetireChrebet Icon : (03 June 2016 - 03:37 AM) You know your fucked when the biggest offseason story is can we convince a journeyman QB whom singlehandedly threw us out of the playoffs last year to sign a deal worth way more than his actual value!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 09:59 AM) Ok jets brothers I need fantasy football help. Who should I keep in my keepers league. We have to decide by July
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:00 AM) Should I keep Cam Gurley or Bell?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:01 AM) Cam had a monster year last year and in our league it's 6 points per PassTd and cam is getting his best WR back.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:01 AM) Gurley was a monster last year as a rookie
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:03 AM) Bell missed most of the year with a injury but it's also a PPR league. In only 6 games last year he =100 points
MikeGangGree... Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:04 AM) Cam also had 45 total TDs last year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) I'd keep bell
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) there are maybe like 5 #1 fantasy RBs at best and you need to start at least 2
Jetsfan115 Icon : (03 June 2016 - 10:50 AM) QBs are easier to find. I had cam in 2 leagues and drafted him way late. RBs are impossible to find late
MikeGangGree... Icon : (04 June 2016 - 07:53 PM) FIRE FITZPATRICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (04 June 2016 - 07:53 PM) That Damn dirty street thug
MikeGangGree... Icon : (05 June 2016 - 09:43 PM) In other news the NBA finals is like A NFL team Playing a college football team.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (06 June 2016 - 11:23 AM) line is in. jets are favorites for 5 games, pick for 2, and underdog for 9
MikeGangGree... Icon : (08 June 2016 - 04:56 PM) We play better as a underdog
santana Icon : (12 June 2016 - 03:54 PM) JETS JETS JETS
santana Icon : (13 June 2016 - 09:28 AM) Update on the #Jets situation with Ryan Fitzpatrick: Nothing. … Just nothing. Doesn't seem like things will change heading into minicamp.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 June 2016 - 10:39 AM) yeah every day i check for an update and every day, nothing
vjdbbq Icon : (14 June 2016 - 05:43 AM) Where's Rob and his ass ?
Mario Icon : (20 June 2016 - 06:21 PM) Any Jets fan in the Kansas city, Missouri area, that will be going to the game on the 25th of September?
vjdbbq Icon : (22 June 2016 - 07:29 AM) No Mario ; you will be there alone .
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 June 2016 - 07:15 PM) FIRE FITZPATRICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 June 2016 - 12:00 PM) Sheldon Richardson suspended for 1 game for violating league substance abuse policy
ganggreen2003 Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:06 PM) The JETS shouldn't of signed wilkerson to such a big contract
ganggreen2003 Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:07 PM) he doesn't deserve $17 mil/year cause he is coming off an injury...he should of earned it by playing this year as the Franchise tag and then if he played lights out then you open the vault
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:21 PM) WOOOOOOOO
RetireChrebet Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:58 PM) How much guaranteed money? also does this mean hes here for 6 years since he's tagged? how does that work?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 July 2016 - 10:20 PM) Now cut that street thug Wilkerson!!
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:47 AM) 54 million guaranteed
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:48 AM) 54 guaranteed against injury but 37 in straight guaranteed money without injury
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:49 AM) Should've waited till after the season to see how he comes off the injury but I guess they figure he wouldn't have signed if they waited another year
vjdbbq Icon : (17 July 2016 - 07:32 PM) Where is ROB and his ass ?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 July 2016 - 10:27 AM) guess that means richardson is gone after this season. Maybe we can franchise and trade him
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 July 2016 - 08:52 AM) whos running fantasy football league this year? brotana?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (22 July 2016 - 10:25 AM) darron lee still isn't signed... greedy street thug lol
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2016 - 05:31 PM) Rich is under contract for next year and we used a team option for 17 already so he's a jet for 2 more year's for sure unless we trade him.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:38 PM) We need to quit screwing around and sign Fitzpatrick
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can We Afford Another 57.6 - 76.2 Billion Per Year??

#1 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,661
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?


It will cost us more than that. If you figure in all the variables you will be over 100 billion.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 October 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?


I'm pretty sure that the selection process for qualification of state funds for education is a tiny more comprehensive than "are you illegal?". So while I applaud your math skills, throwing a big number out there is meaningless. The truth is, we'll probably end up educating about 5% of these illegals. If we go with a very aggressive $100 billion estimate, that equals about $5 billion dollars. Can we afford that? No. But we can't afford anything and we're still spending. At least this money will do our nation some good, as opposed to half the shit we spend money on nowadays.
0

#4 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,661
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 20 October 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

At least this money will do our nation some good, as opposed to half the shit we spend money on nowadays.


How are we doing THIS country any good by educating people that don't want to bother becoming citizens? It's doing their HOME countries good because they take the money there. Promoting illegal activity never benefits this country. And you're right about the estimate being off. It would be more than 100 billion when you include the rest of the fees.

Everyone is crying to educate these people. It's not our job or responsibility to educate or give jobs to every person from a third world country. We have enough people in need here that are actual American citizens.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,194
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

How are we doing THIS country any good by educating people that don't want to bother becoming citizens? It's doing their HOME countries good because they take the money there. Promoting illegal activity never benefits this country. And you're right about the estimate being off. It would be more than 100 billion when you include the rest of the fees.

Everyone is crying to educate these people. It's not our job or responsibility to educate or give jobs to every person from a third world country. We have enough people in need here that are actual American citizens.

And if they are not Citizens why would they stay after the Degree. They have already left there own country for money, Why would they stay here and not go to another country if offered more money. This is a bad deal for Cali tax payers. They should be giving that money to schools, police or lowering taxes. They are in a tailspin and had to borrow money to make payroll just one year ago.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users