NYJetsFan.com Forums: Can We Afford Another 57.6 - 76.2 Billion Per Year?? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Fire the admins!
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Over paid talents
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) i get paid too much yo
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can We Afford Another 57.6 - 76.2 Billion Per Year??

#1 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,543
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,895
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?


It will cost us more than that. If you figure in all the variables you will be over 100 billion.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 October 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?


I'm pretty sure that the selection process for qualification of state funds for education is a tiny more comprehensive than "are you illegal?". So while I applaud your math skills, throwing a big number out there is meaningless. The truth is, we'll probably end up educating about 5% of these illegals. If we go with a very aggressive $100 billion estimate, that equals about $5 billion dollars. Can we afford that? No. But we can't afford anything and we're still spending. At least this money will do our nation some good, as opposed to half the shit we spend money on nowadays.
0

#4 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,543
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 20 October 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

At least this money will do our nation some good, as opposed to half the shit we spend money on nowadays.


How are we doing THIS country any good by educating people that don't want to bother becoming citizens? It's doing their HOME countries good because they take the money there. Promoting illegal activity never benefits this country. And you're right about the estimate being off. It would be more than 100 billion when you include the rest of the fees.

Everyone is crying to educate these people. It's not our job or responsibility to educate or give jobs to every person from a third world country. We have enough people in need here that are actual American citizens.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,895
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

How are we doing THIS country any good by educating people that don't want to bother becoming citizens? It's doing their HOME countries good because they take the money there. Promoting illegal activity never benefits this country. And you're right about the estimate being off. It would be more than 100 billion when you include the rest of the fees.

Everyone is crying to educate these people. It's not our job or responsibility to educate or give jobs to every person from a third world country. We have enough people in need here that are actual American citizens.

And if they are not Citizens why would they stay after the Degree. They have already left there own country for money, Why would they stay here and not go to another country if offered more money. This is a bad deal for Cali tax payers. They should be giving that money to schools, police or lowering taxes. They are in a tailspin and had to borrow money to make payroll just one year ago.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users