NYJetsFan.com Forums: Can We Afford Another 57.6 - 76.2 Billion Per Year?? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets hire Maccagnan as GM and Bowles as HC. Who's starting the billboard fundraiser?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 04:13 PM) MORE TURNOVER
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 06:05 PM) I'm loving all these additions to the JETS coaching staff
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 06:06 PM) I can't wait to see what Maccagnan does in Free Agency and in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 07:40 PM) @AlbertBreer
The Jets are hiring Bears nat'l scout Rex Hogan as their director of college scouting. Chicago has released him from his contract
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 07:40 PM) @AlbertBreer 14m14 minutes ago
The Jets are also hiring Rams scout Brian Heimerdinger to a prominent front-office role. St. Louis let him out of his deal.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 07:48 PM) Heimerdinger is our director of player personnel now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:12 PM) That is Mike Heimerdinger's son who used to be our OC in 05
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:12 PM) hopefully his son isn't as horrible as his pop was at play calling
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:17 PM) Everyone looks like a bad playcaller when you have no QB and have no talent
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:18 PM) When Heimerdinger was our OC it was when we had a ton of injuries on offense, were down to our 4th or 5th string QB
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:42 PM) FIRE HOGAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:42 PM) FIRE HEIMERDINGER
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 08:47 PM) STFU Harlem you are f***ing getting real annoying with this FIRE bullshit
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 09:13 PM) I thought you didn't pay attention to me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 09:14 PM) You aaaaaare the wind beneath my wiiiiiiiiiings
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (24 January 2015 - 09:33 PM) I wonder if any possible new members come here, see no new posts for days and these about box conversations and wonder how the f*** this site is operational
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 January 2015 - 12:22 AM) Would u rather FIRE EVERYONE or SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 January 2015 - 05:20 PM) Looks like we are having a blizzard the next 2 days over here.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 January 2015 - 06:50 PM) My boss still said to come in lol
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 January 2015 - 06:50 PM) Possibility for midday dismissal though
Chadforpresi... Icon : (25 January 2015 - 09:52 PM) FIRE HARLEM
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 January 2015 - 01:11 AM) FIRE YOU
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2015 - 12:07 PM) FIRE NYJETSFAN.COM
azjetfan Icon : (26 January 2015 - 05:36 PM) this site has become dismal.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 January 2015 - 06:47 PM) Thanks Obama.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 January 2015 - 06:49 PM) But really for all of you complaining about the site. What is there to talk about? We have a new GM and HC that we don't know how good or bad they'll be yet. So there really isn't much to talk about with the draft still months away.
azjetfan Icon : (26 January 2015 - 09:59 PM) Even I can't blame Obama :drinks:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2015 - 11:42 PM) It could be worse
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2015 - 11:42 PM) we could be Phinzrage
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 January 2015 - 11:43 PM) We got nothing to talk about
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 09:43 AM) HIRE MR JET
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 11:17 AM) There are some good OGs available in FA, we have to sign one
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 11:18 AM) Willie Colon was rated as one of the worst in football last season. So was Winters. Oday shows promise
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 11:18 AM) Orlando Franklin, Mike Iupati, Clint Boling. Should sign one
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 12:34 PM) Franklin or Iupati would be great
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 01:46 PM) hey reg how did you make out in this storm?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 January 2015 - 01:47 PM) we got slammed with snow but the wind didn't knock out our power so I made out pretty unscathed here in RI
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 January 2015 - 01:14 PM) What sucks is that the NFL isn't going to throw the book at those CHEATS even though they may be found GUILTY
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 January 2015 - 08:54 PM) This place is a GHOST TOWN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:24 AM) Nothing really to talk about in the offseason
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:20 PM) Rex bashed Idzik in a interview today lol
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:21 PM) Says Woody didn't want to fire him but had to because of 4 wins. That Idzik had hidden agendas and a plan that never worked.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) I expect FA is going to be busy for us, I think public pressure forces them to make a splash because Maccagnan has to prove hes no Idzik and lose out on most FAs. We also have a lot of holes and could fix some with signings
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:19 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) https://youtube.com/...h?v=xNEM3WUfGjY
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can We Afford Another 57.6 - 76.2 Billion Per Year??

#1 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,628
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,057
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?


It will cost us more than that. If you figure in all the variables you will be over 100 billion.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 October 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?


I'm pretty sure that the selection process for qualification of state funds for education is a tiny more comprehensive than "are you illegal?". So while I applaud your math skills, throwing a big number out there is meaningless. The truth is, we'll probably end up educating about 5% of these illegals. If we go with a very aggressive $100 billion estimate, that equals about $5 billion dollars. Can we afford that? No. But we can't afford anything and we're still spending. At least this money will do our nation some good, as opposed to half the shit we spend money on nowadays.
0

#4 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,628
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 20 October 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

At least this money will do our nation some good, as opposed to half the shit we spend money on nowadays.


How are we doing THIS country any good by educating people that don't want to bother becoming citizens? It's doing their HOME countries good because they take the money there. Promoting illegal activity never benefits this country. And you're right about the estimate being off. It would be more than 100 billion when you include the rest of the fees.

Everyone is crying to educate these people. It's not our job or responsibility to educate or give jobs to every person from a third world country. We have enough people in need here that are actual American citizens.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,057
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

How are we doing THIS country any good by educating people that don't want to bother becoming citizens? It's doing their HOME countries good because they take the money there. Promoting illegal activity never benefits this country. And you're right about the estimate being off. It would be more than 100 billion when you include the rest of the fees.

Everyone is crying to educate these people. It's not our job or responsibility to educate or give jobs to every person from a third world country. We have enough people in need here that are actual American citizens.

And if they are not Citizens why would they stay after the Degree. They have already left there own country for money, Why would they stay here and not go to another country if offered more money. This is a bad deal for Cali tax payers. They should be giving that money to schools, police or lowering taxes. They are in a tailspin and had to borrow money to make payroll just one year ago.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users