NYJetsFan.com Forums: Can We Afford Another 57.6 - 76.2 Billion Per Year?? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can We Afford Another 57.6 - 76.2 Billion Per Year??

#1 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,542
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,893
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?


It will cost us more than that. If you figure in all the variables you will be over 100 billion.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 October 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?


I'm pretty sure that the selection process for qualification of state funds for education is a tiny more comprehensive than "are you illegal?". So while I applaud your math skills, throwing a big number out there is meaningless. The truth is, we'll probably end up educating about 5% of these illegals. If we go with a very aggressive $100 billion estimate, that equals about $5 billion dollars. Can we afford that? No. But we can't afford anything and we're still spending. At least this money will do our nation some good, as opposed to half the shit we spend money on nowadays.
0

#4 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,542
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 20 October 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

At least this money will do our nation some good, as opposed to half the shit we spend money on nowadays.


How are we doing THIS country any good by educating people that don't want to bother becoming citizens? It's doing their HOME countries good because they take the money there. Promoting illegal activity never benefits this country. And you're right about the estimate being off. It would be more than 100 billion when you include the rest of the fees.

Everyone is crying to educate these people. It's not our job or responsibility to educate or give jobs to every person from a third world country. We have enough people in need here that are actual American citizens.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,893
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

How are we doing THIS country any good by educating people that don't want to bother becoming citizens? It's doing their HOME countries good because they take the money there. Promoting illegal activity never benefits this country. And you're right about the estimate being off. It would be more than 100 billion when you include the rest of the fees.

Everyone is crying to educate these people. It's not our job or responsibility to educate or give jobs to every person from a third world country. We have enough people in need here that are actual American citizens.

And if they are not Citizens why would they stay after the Degree. They have already left there own country for money, Why would they stay here and not go to another country if offered more money. This is a bad deal for Cali tax payers. They should be giving that money to schools, police or lowering taxes. They are in a tailspin and had to borrow money to make payroll just one year ago.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users