NYJetsFan.com Forums: Can We Afford Another 57.6 - 76.2 Billion Per Year?? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

OFF SEASON ALMOST OVER AUG 13 VS LIONS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (09 June 2015 - 08:52 PM) TEH METS
azjetfan Icon : (09 June 2015 - 09:09 PM) You know what the Jets are due for?
azjetfan Icon : (09 June 2015 - 09:09 PM) A good firing
azjetfan Icon : (09 June 2015 - 09:09 PM) Fire Geno!
Mr_Jet Icon : (09 June 2015 - 09:20 PM) Yes I highly recommend anybody looking to get into House of Cards to take a weekend to binge watch at least the first 2 seasons.
azjetfan Icon : (09 June 2015 - 09:29 PM) I agree mr jet. The third was a little disappointing
azjetfan Icon : (10 June 2015 - 04:34 PM) Boss is what is what I am watching now. Not as good as house of cards but entertaining
Jetsfan115 Icon : (11 June 2015 - 03:53 PM) Eagles release absent Pro Bowl guard Mathis
Jetsfan115 Icon : (11 June 2015 - 03:54 PM) get it done big mac. instant upgrade at Guard for us
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:36 PM) 33 years old.
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:36 PM) Im not against it but it would have to be a short term deal
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:37 PM) rumor has it he wanted a raise over his $5.5 million base this year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:39 PM) 33 is young for a guard. he's got at least 3-4 more years in him
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:40 PM) Mmmmm I disagree.
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:40 PM) I would go 2 year deal.
azjetfan Icon : (11 June 2015 - 07:41 PM) Maybe longer if we could get out of it after 2
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 June 2015 - 11:36 AM) backloaded 4 year deal ca cut after 2 years wit minimum cap hit
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 June 2015 - 02:22 PM) Jets sign free agent OT Charlles Brown
azjetfan Icon : (14 June 2015 - 01:48 PM) We won't be able to backload it. He won't accept the offer. Keep in mind he requested he release because they couldn't come to an agreement on a raise.
azjetfan Icon : (14 June 2015 - 01:49 PM) He is probably looking for $7 million or more per year.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (15 June 2015 - 09:44 AM) he was only making 5.5 million this year. we can give him 10 mil signing bonus onf a 5 year deal and a low base salary (like 3 mil a year) it'll average out to 5 mil a year, but he'll get 13 million this year (more then double) and will cost 5 mil a year against the cap for the rest of the deal
2JBallar01 Icon : (15 June 2015 - 02:17 PM) Any news on Mathis at all? Haven't heard anything since his release.
2JBallar01 Icon : (15 June 2015 - 02:17 PM) Also, Sam Baker was cut today as well
santana Icon : (16 June 2015 - 04:52 PM) Titans releasing RB Shonn Greene
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 June 2015 - 10:40 PM) TEH WARRIORS
santana Icon : (16 June 2015 - 11:08 PM) This trophy ceremony awkward as fuck I had to turn it off
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 June 2015 - 08:02 PM) It really was. It was more Doris Burke interviewing the Warriors than it was a trophy ceremony. Plus Adam Silver forgot to hand the Warriors owner the trophy after he was done talking to the crowd.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 June 2015 - 08:03 PM) R.I.P. Stuart Scott
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 June 2015 - 10:05 PM) FIRE SILVER
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 June 2015 - 10:05 PM) FIRE BURKE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 June 2015 - 06:27 PM) THE A-ROD!!
santana Icon : (26 June 2015 - 12:19 PM) god damn week no activity in here
santana Icon : (26 June 2015 - 12:20 PM) might have to chop this table up into fire wood
santana Icon : (26 June 2015 - 12:26 PM) FIRE WOOD!
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 June 2015 - 05:54 PM) Kristaps Porzingis???
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 June 2015 - 05:55 PM) You'd think Isiah Thomas was still running the Knicks last night.
santana Icon : (27 June 2015 - 07:30 PM) Lol yeah no clue about those names
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:10 AM) Is there any chance that Porzingis ends up being good?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:10 AM) I'm guessing he won't be the next Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowviski
Mr_Jet Icon : (28 June 2015 - 11:41 AM) You never know, he could be as good as Gasol brothers or Dirk. Honestly the Knicks picking at #4 did the same thing the 3 teams picking ahead of them did. Picked a 19 year who could go boom or bust.
Mr_Jet Icon : (28 June 2015 - 11:45 AM) Porzingis seems to have the "I'm going to prove them wrong" type of attitude needed to overcome people's doubts about him. Hopefully he'll have the work ethic that goes along with that attitude.
azjetfan Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:17 PM) In other news I decided to shave the dome. Since the hair was falling out anyway I figured I would show it who's boss
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:11 PM) Deisel up shave the dome
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 04:49 PM) Welcome home.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:59 PM) I feel fast.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can We Afford Another 57.6 - 76.2 Billion Per Year??

#1 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,650
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,150
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 October 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?


It will cost us more than that. If you figure in all the variables you will be over 100 billion.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 18 October 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

Since we're talking politics and educating illegal aliens in this country, I figured I'd bring up a little stat that people may want to think about before deciding where they stand on this issue. Most people defending the "amensty" for these criminals are stating that it's for them to get a college education because they can't get one on their own.

Using tuition figures for a community college (Mercer County Community College) and the figure thrown out there of 12 million illegals it would cost the American taxpayers 57.6 BILLION dollars PER YEAR to do so. This number is for IN county rates. Not even in-state but in COUNTY. In-state would be $76,248,000,000 per year. That's full time (12 credits) with attending 3 of the 4 semesters. (Fall, Winter & Spring).

I don't know about you, but in a time when this country is suffering from it's worst economic status since the Great Depression, I don't think we can afford to throw away 57-76 BILLION dollars annually. Now multiply that figure by 4. Now throw in insurance that is required of every student. Now throw in books. Labs fees. Computer fees. Do you REALLY think we can afford the hundred of billions of dollars to educate people that don't even WANT to become citizens here? If they did, why won't they ever apply for citizenship? I don't know about you, but I'm definitely NOT willing to put this extra burned on the American people. No matter what the idiot in the Oval Office may think.

We can afford that but we can't afford to take care of the homeless of our own? We can't afford to guarantee the same education for American citizens?


I'm pretty sure that the selection process for qualification of state funds for education is a tiny more comprehensive than "are you illegal?". So while I applaud your math skills, throwing a big number out there is meaningless. The truth is, we'll probably end up educating about 5% of these illegals. If we go with a very aggressive $100 billion estimate, that equals about $5 billion dollars. Can we afford that? No. But we can't afford anything and we're still spending. At least this money will do our nation some good, as opposed to half the shit we spend money on nowadays.
0

#4 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,650
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 20 October 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

At least this money will do our nation some good, as opposed to half the shit we spend money on nowadays.


How are we doing THIS country any good by educating people that don't want to bother becoming citizens? It's doing their HOME countries good because they take the money there. Promoting illegal activity never benefits this country. And you're right about the estimate being off. It would be more than 100 billion when you include the rest of the fees.

Everyone is crying to educate these people. It's not our job or responsibility to educate or give jobs to every person from a third world country. We have enough people in need here that are actual American citizens.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,150
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

How are we doing THIS country any good by educating people that don't want to bother becoming citizens? It's doing their HOME countries good because they take the money there. Promoting illegal activity never benefits this country. And you're right about the estimate being off. It would be more than 100 billion when you include the rest of the fees.

Everyone is crying to educate these people. It's not our job or responsibility to educate or give jobs to every person from a third world country. We have enough people in need here that are actual American citizens.

And if they are not Citizens why would they stay after the Degree. They have already left there own country for money, Why would they stay here and not go to another country if offered more money. This is a bad deal for Cali tax payers. They should be giving that money to schools, police or lowering taxes. They are in a tailspin and had to borrow money to make payroll just one year ago.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users