NYJetsFan.com Forums: Iraq War - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets UNDEFEATED!!!
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 06:44 PM) Unfucking believable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:45 PM) I can't wait to hear this post-game presser by Rex
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:45 PM) I hope he rips Marty a new asshole
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:45 PM) yeah cause Rex has perfectly coached many a games
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:45 PM) morningwheeg what an idiot....hope re4x throws him under the bus during the presser
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:45 PM) you want the NFL to say sorry and you want Morningwig canned. You're a clown
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 06:45 PM) Gotta give credit to greenbay. That's a good football team
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:46 PM) f*** an apology. It's not going to change anything in the standings which is what matters at the end of the season.
FlyHiJets Icon : (Yesterday, 06:46 PM) definitely reminds me of AFC Championship in Denver
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:46 PM) marty ranks up there with bittfumble
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:47 PM) buttfumble
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:47 PM) The should have made sure he knew who was calling the time out. Hell Rex was on his right and Marty was on his left.
mgjetman Icon : (Yesterday, 06:47 PM) Getting lazy with a minute 50 on the clock before half was the nail in the coffin.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 PM) The ref
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:49 PM) There is plenty of blame to spread around. No team should lose a 17 point lead anyway.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:50 PM) DUDS - Miliner and Marty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:50 PM) BRUTAL LOSS
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) I really don't blame Marty because it's the refs job to make sure he sees who is calling the timeout. Plus the ball had already been snapped before he even noticed somebody was calling a TO.
mgjetman Icon : (Yesterday, 06:53 PM) Just gave that game away. WTH!!!
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:54 PM) He didn't even blow the whistle until Geno already had dropped back to pass. The play was already well underway.
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 07:03 PM) I heard it when the ball was already in the air
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) but it shouldn't of come down to that TO blunder
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) we did give up a 18 point lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) so we fucked up and lost
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) True
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) time to get ready for MNF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) Well it sucks when you start to feel the jets are going to lose the game them selves
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) the Vick play worthless
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) that run on 3rd and 5 worthless
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) chris Johnson also I don't know what his numbers were but ivory seemed to be a better back
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:13 PM) Marty just picks the worse time to call those wildcat plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:13 PM) they are drive killers
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:27 PM) Problem is the corners. We knew this before the start of the season. I was amazed at how well they did last week and the first half but eventually the weakness showed
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:28 PM) The corner positions will be addressed next year. Technically we are still in a rebuilding phase.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) we did go toe to toe against a SB contender and we really shouldn't be heartbroken but if you call yourself a JETS fan and aren't a little pissed over a W that we had in our control then you need to go and hand in your JETS gear ... I'm looking at you 115
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM) 18 penalties in 2 games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Iraq War Agree or Disagree

#21 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

i beleive he's talking about the genocide in the sudan. the islamics in a region in the sudan called darfur are killing the christians and making them take up arms. it's just another reason that i think we should be fighting this war.

#22 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• 05 M. I. P. Award/06 Teen MVP Award
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets and Yanks

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:50 PM

This is horrible. Osama Bin Laden attacked the United States, not Sadam Hussien. Bush is a jerk, the reason he did this was because he thought there was still a job to do there after the Gulf War and his Dadda was fired too soon to finish it up and went in. Now when Daddy did it he should've, he had I think around 160 other nations giving him the nod. This lunatic had almost no countries, much less large countries. Britain was a spoof, there our greatest ally, and Blair was under a lot of pressure from Bush, bush I heard threatended him with being booted out of office. But the deal is this, we went there for weapons of mass destruction, right? Well how many have we found? I believe that number is a round like object such as 0. Then I remeber there were video cameras on the news saying here they are, new weapons of mass destruction. Well I looked in the handy dandy upper right-hand corner and what did it say? It was the 9 or 10 of October, 1993. Those sound brand new to me, I was still making gurgling noise when I spoke up.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.
Member since March 25, 2005.

#23 User is offline   pete2319 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:54 PM

Do you consider an airplane a weapon of mass destruction? I do now. And how do you get a hold of an airplane...money and who has a lot of money that hates the U.S.?

And as far as not having the UN backing Bush, i think everyone can now see why.... billions of dollars being filtered through a scam.

#24 User is offline   haveyouseenpenningtonplay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:40 PM

Florida Jet makes an outstanding point
Bush's policies has a gaping continuity hole
if he wants a safer world then why focus only on iraq?
Nuclear weapons in north korea
Genocide in sudan
and if he wants peace in the middle east then point our troops towards the gaza strip
he wants a war on terrorism? then al qaeda is in afganistan
Member Since March 26th 2004

IPB Image

#25 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets Football, Mets Baseball, parties, gaming, and programming.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (a1elbow @ Apr 19 2005, 03:24 PM)
What about stopping that country before they do something like Nazi Germany?

That's exactly what I was saying about Iraq. Know one will ever know if they would have turned out like Nazi Germany, and thank God we never will.

Again on N. Korea there are plenty of surrounding nations who can have the capabilites to deal with that on their own. We will deffinately step in and do something about it when the time is right, now isn't the time, Iraq is still being settled. These things don't happen over night.
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#26 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (haveyouseenpenningtonplay @ Apr 19 2005, 07:15 PM)
Florida Jet makes an outstanding point
Bush's policies has a gaping continuity hole
if he wants a safer world then why focus only on iraq?
Nuclear weapons in north korea
Genocide in sudan
and if he wants peace in the middle east then point our troops towards the gaza strip
he wants a war on terrorism? then al qaeda is in afganistan

HA! Do you have any idea what's going on in Sudan? That's the UN's problem and I think Bush is doing the right thing staying away from it. As you all say you can't help everyone right? The UN have known about that for years and done nothing. That is a joke of an organization.

And as for nominee, Bush had plenty of allies. It's not his fault that several Euorpean nations are corrupt and taking oil from Saddam at low costs to get the sanctions removed. Food for Oil is real, that glorious and noble UN hits another homerun!
I changed my name, but I dont remember what it was... if anyone remembers please let me know.

#27 User is offline   haveyouseenpenningtonplay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (HermIsMyHero @ Apr 19 2005, 06:20 PM)
Again on N. Korea there are plenty of surrounding nations who can have the capabilites to deal with that on their own.

this isn't exactly something to pass the buck on
this is a potential nuclear war that could very well fall on our heads

IPB Image

#28 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (haveyouseenpenningtonplay @ Apr 19 2005, 07:25 PM)
this isn't exactly something to pass the buck on
this is a potential nuclear war that could very well fall on our heads

Not what I meant. People say Bush needed to involve more countries, and he's trying, and everyone hates him for it. Talk about hypocritical...

#29 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:57 PM

Dude Bush got almost no support from any countries. And saying Iraq will turn into Nazi Germany is so stupid. The Iraqis have pretty much no big political parties, while Germany had the Nazi party. Iraq doesn't have someone such as Adolf Hitler climbing into any political movement, and we already have Sadam caprtured, we have 0 weapons of mass destruction found, so why are we still in Iraq? It's so stupid.
"You ask, what is our aim?... It is victory, victory at all cost" Winston Churchill.

#30 User is offline   haveyouseenpenningtonplay Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:04 PM

The public hates W because, when he didn't get the support from other countries and the UN, he went into Iraq anyway when it was obviously clear that was not a good idea

IPB Image

#31 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:02 PM

Every country wants out aid money for every little problem they have.

I am well aware of what is going on in Sudan, but I cannot comment on that, I will say that the Sudan will not allow any outside countries to help with that terrible problem.....

Once again, in years to come, Syria will be a rpoblem, and guess where their weopons came from?

#32 User is offline   floridajet Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (JSOTF @ Apr 19 2005, 04:29 PM)
Florida Jet,

What are you talking about in Africa?..I am asking this for a reason.....

Kenya, Rowanda, Liberia, etc. Genocide pratice against certain tribes while the UN and others just gave it lip service. I am not saying we should have been there but please, this country is so lacking in taking care of the homeless, the aging, the improvished, medical insurance, etc. It's a damn shame that certain countries in Europe have all over us in regards to taking care of its own.

PS A lil something for thought: http://www.lifeafter...h.net/home.html

#33 User is offline   Chadforpresidentin08 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:10 PM

But wait, don't we have weapons of mass destruction? So really we should be bombed, not nesseccarily Iraq. Any one wanna explain that to me besides the fact we'd kick their sorry little asses back?

#34 User is offline   LocoJet Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:52 PM

we had almost the number of countries supporting us in the second iraq war as the first. the difference was france, germany and russia didn't want to help us the second time. they all had one thing in common. they all had oil deals struck with saddam promising them cheap oil. if we went in and took out saddam then those deals would be null and void. we had over 30 nations helping us in the second iraq war. we had alot more helping us in the first one because it was us helping to protect innocent little kuwait. that is one of the main reasons we have an international community is to help small countries in need. the nature of that war commanded alot of international support.

we didn't have too much support in the second iraq war because it was our buildings getting bombed and that isn't much concern to anybody exept for the 30 nations that did help us out. people around the world were dancing in the streets when the towers hit the ground. people in paris and mexico city were burning american flags that they had put swastikas on. then some of my fellow americans are telling me that we cant go because we don't have enough international support?

it just shows me who our friends are. britain and alot of other countries didn't have to do anything but they did. they aren't our lapdogs they were returning favors. we have been sheltering germany for the past 60 years since the end of WW2 from the eastern bloc. they didn't want to play ball so bush took alot of our troops out of germany and said you protect your own country and pay your own bills from now on. kerry said to everyone that this is a strategic disaster. a guy that has voted to leave our nation defenseless for the past 20 years is talking to me about military strategy. kerry voted against every weapon system that went to congress for the past 20 years including the abrams and apache. to clarify what i just said we would still have m-60 tanks and cobra choppers as our main battle tank and attack choppers if kerry had his way. the list goes on and on. maybe we should deter our enemies by blowing bong smoke at them. oh wait. i forgot. we don't have any enemies.

i'm telling you all this about kerry because he was our alternative to bush. as an american i think that kerry is a disgrace. the whole reason we were bombed in the first place was because of 8 years of clinton picking his ass and giving arms to communist nations while the rest of the world went to hell. all because he wanted peace so badly. well now we're paying for it. when they bombed the trade center in '98 clinton got a blow job from his secretary to celebrate. when the shit hit the fan in '01 bush, and the rest of america, was stuck with the bill. i hate to sound like a bumper sticker but freedom isn't free.

#35 User is offline   ManginiIsMyHero Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:15 PM

We have 45 nations in the coalition:

Afghanistan
Albania
Australia
Azerbaijan
Bulgaria
Colombia
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Georgia
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Japan
Kuwait
Latvia
Lithuania
Macedonia
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Mongolia
Netherlands
Nicaragua
Palau
Panama
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Rwanda
Singapore
Slovakia
Solomon Islands
South Korea
Spain
Turkey
Uganda
United Kingdom
United States
Uzbekistan

As you have said Russia, Germany, and France all did not participate in the coalition. Well all those countries participated in food for oil, and in fact none of those nations really have much power. They are all struggling and as you will see, will join the newest 10 members of the European Union in becoming more and more of a free market. Those 10 nations are tiny and they are all having much more success then Germany in particular who has just began to open up their markets due to the fact that these nations are doing MUCH better with their open markets and stealing business from Germany. Germany will start to change, leading into a domino effect that will lead to the European Union becoming stronger and more free with their markets. Capitolism is proven to be the most effective form of economy and it has shown in the US. Also Britain is having similar problems with Ireland who has opened up their markets significantly.

The point: these countries really don't matter to us right now because we can ignor them somewhat and still be fine. Their not being in the Coalition doesn't matter and those who follow us are being rewarding while those who don't will ultimately follow suit.

#36 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:21 PM

I think American Capitalism has shown it can pollute the enviroment, create an ever growing division between rich and poor, and in general cause an all out decline in the quality of life.

And also, most of those countries are only in the Coalition because they knew they would be rewarded, not neccesarily because they believe in the cause.

#37 User is offline   Jetme23 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Chadforpresidentin08 @ Apr 19 2005, 07:45 PM)
But wait, don't we have weapons of mass destruction? So really we should be bombed, not nesseccarily Iraq. Any one wanna explain that to me besides the fact we'd kick their sorry little asses back?

bute dude!. Im tired of this conversation. The Iraqi War is going to have its oppossers and its supporters. A jets fan forum is no place to discuss it.

#38 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

FloridaJet,

I have been in Africa, if you think you have seen poverty in the US.....go there....It is terrible what has happened in those countries, and we do try to help those counries...most don't want any outside help...I spent about 8 months stationed in Djibouti, Africa. We are rebuilding schools, we send medical teams to give medical attention to the sick....we are making a huge effort and I cannot tell you how rewarding it is to see these poor people living the way they do.....it makes you glad to have the things we have....

#39 Guest_a1elbow_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:55 PM

I think FloridaJets' point was that we don't do enough to help out the poor in America. Poverty is rampant, and instead of doing much to solve that we pass laws keeping people from trying to sue fast food companies or raising military spending.

#40 User is offline   jetsfan Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (a1elbow @ Apr 19 2005, 08:56 PM)
I think American Capitalism has shown it can pollute the enviroment, create an ever growing division between rich and poor, and in general cause an all out decline in the quality of life.

And also, most of those countries are only in the Coalition because they knew they would be rewarded, not neccesarily because they believe in the cause.

Very well put a1elbow. Like Kerry said, they are the "coalition of the coerced and bribed".

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users