NYJetsFan.com Forums: If The Colts Get The 1St Overall Pick And Draft Andrew Luck - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Azjetfan is the nyjetsfan #1 pick
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 May 2015 - 09:59 PM) HEY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 May 2015 - 09:59 PM) HEY HEY HEY
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (13 May 2015 - 10:15 PM) HALA HENRIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (13 May 2015 - 10:15 PM) f*** OVECHKIN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (13 May 2015 - 10:15 PM) HOLTBY SUCKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (13 May 2015 - 10:15 PM) FIRE RAUL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 May 2015 - 10:39 PM) Did you say Raul?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 May 2015 - 10:39 PM) https://youtu.be/7iy3nui-aaI
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 May 2015 - 05:12 AM) HENRIK OVER RAUL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 May 2015 - 01:31 PM) Dolphins hired Terry Bradway lol
azjetfan Icon : (14 May 2015 - 02:20 PM) Why would the Dolphins do that? Didn't he prove his incompetence with us?
santana Icon : (14 May 2015 - 03:00 PM) well hes been with the jets for years he was in charge of college scouting
santana Icon : (14 May 2015 - 03:00 PM) jets just let him go this year
santana Icon : (14 May 2015 - 03:00 PM) so im sure he will take a similar role with the dolphins as well as provide them a lot of insight about the jets
Jetsman05 Icon : (14 May 2015 - 04:34 PM) the barca madrid fan
Jetsman05 Icon : (14 May 2015 - 04:34 PM) Morataaaa
NJAzrael71 Icon : (14 May 2015 - 06:52 PM) Looks like Mo is going to get at least 40M guaranteed on his new deal. Mac reiterated that the team has allocated the funds for him.
santana Icon : (14 May 2015 - 07:49 PM) Morataaaaaaaaa the bastard child sent away has come back!
azjetfan Icon : (15 May 2015 - 08:33 PM) Hellooooooo
azjetfan Icon : (15 May 2015 - 08:34 PM) As the number one pick I declare this day Azjetfan day
azjetfan Icon : (15 May 2015 - 09:10 PM) Nix that. Tomorrow
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:41 PM) So Santana your not ready to call it a career yet i see
santana Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:43 PM) Santana could be on the bears
santana Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:45 PM) Or better yet the patriots :D
santana Icon : (16 May 2015 - 10:45 PM) JIMMY G-SPOT
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:05 PM) Santana could be the new ball boy for the Pats.
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:05 PM) Since they fired the guys who are completely innocent
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:06 PM) Santana can you deflate a bag of balls in under 90 seconds?
azjetfan Icon : (16 May 2015 - 11:11 PM) Colin Kaepernick is rumored to be back on the block. I wonder if his price has dropped.
santana Icon : (17 May 2015 - 03:45 PM) Eagles should get him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 May 2015 - 06:17 PM) What is the status in the contract with Mo?
azjetfan Icon : (19 May 2015 - 08:17 PM) He is under contract for this year and we have the option to franchise him next.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 May 2015 - 10:32 PM) THE KNICKS!!!
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 May 2015 - 10:33 PM) at #4
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 09:20 AM) BAN MR_JET
Mr_Jet Icon : (20 May 2015 - 11:58 AM) LOL. It's not where you pick, it's who you pick. Knicks fans should remember Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul were both #4 picks also.
RetireChrebet Icon : (20 May 2015 - 02:32 PM) Chan Gailey says Geno is the starter heading into the season. I believe Fitzpatrick is hurt and probably won't even make the roster due to injury otherwise Fitzpatrick should have got a fair shake.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 03:08 PM) egno did look really good in that last game.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 03:08 PM) he just makes too many dumb mistakes
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 04:23 PM) No excuses for Geno, we have a very good team and its up to the QB to not screw it up
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 May 2015 - 04:43 PM) lol go back to the color coded sanchez system rex had
azjetfan Icon : (20 May 2015 - 06:48 PM) RACIST!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 May 2015 - 11:50 AM) Sign Wilkerson damnit!!
azjetfan Icon : (21 May 2015 - 02:01 PM) They will. He isn't in any rush to get into a voluntary mini camp
azjetfan Icon : (21 May 2015 - 02:01 PM) They aren't pushing it either
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

If The Colts Get The 1St Overall Pick And Draft Andrew Luck

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,116
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

Then move on from Peyton Manning, if you were the Jets do you go get Manning?
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,762
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:08 PM

no way they do that. he'll sit behind peyton for 2-3 years and learn from the best ever and then take over. they won't throw him to the wolves. By that time manning will probably retire. It'll be like the packers did with favre/rodgers except manning will be classier
0

#3 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,946
  • Joined: 10-March 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 28 October 2011 - 04:27 PM, said:

Then move on from Peyton Manning, if you were the Jets do you go get Manning?


If I was, while it would be really tempting, I think only if he was released. No doubt the Colts will/would get a high bounty for him. Something I don't think the Jets should do. Palmer netted what could be two 1st rounders, what do you think Peyton will go for? It also does not guarantee a championship at all.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

3 neck surgeries in 2 years? What makes you think Peyton is coming back?
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,050
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 28 October 2011 - 05:08 PM, said:

no way they do that. he'll sit behind peyton for 2-3 years and learn from the best ever and then take over. they won't throw him to the wolves. By that time manning will probably retire. It'll be like the packers did with favre/rodgers except manning will be classier


He won't sit behind Manning for 2-3 years.

If they draft Luck, he's starting. They'll look to move him, no one will want the contract though. Probably will cut him.
0

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 28 October 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

He won't sit behind Manning for 2-3 years.

If they draft Luck, he's starting. They'll look to move him, no one will want the contract though. Probably will cut him.


1. You're crazy. No one is cutting Peyton Manning. When healthy, he's the best QB in the NFL. The fact that the Colts have been in the playoffs every year even though everyone knew that they were low on talent is proof of that. If he's healthy, he's starting. That's a huge "if".

2. There's absolutely no rush to start Luck. With the rookie wage scale, Luck will be making about $7M a year. That's very reasonable. The Colts OL is terrible. They don't have a RB. Starting a rookie and throwing him to the wolves is a recipe for disaster. Let him sit and learn behind Manning. Lear to read defenses, to check out of plays, to study film etc... which brings me to my next point:

3. Once he's done playing, Peyton is going to remain with the Colts. Not only is he a great QB, he's an even better football mind. He can be invaluable as an OC or even a HC.
0

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,116
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Luck is considered the best QB prospect in a long time, with the success of QBs coming in and starting right away they would not sit him for 3 years.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,050
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 28 October 2011 - 05:59 PM, said:

1. You're crazy. No one is cutting Peyton Manning. When healthy, he's the best QB in the NFL. The fact that the Colts have been in the playoffs every year even though everyone knew that they were low on talent is proof of that. If he's healthy, he's starting. That's a huge "if".

2. There's absolutely no rush to start Luck. With the rookie wage scale, Luck will be making about $7M a year. That's very reasonable. The Colts OL is terrible. They don't have a RB. Starting a rookie and throwing him to the wolves is a recipe for disaster. Let him sit and learn behind Manning. Lear to read defenses, to check out of plays, to study film etc... which brings me to my next point:

3. Once he's done playing, Peyton is going to remain with the Colts. Not only is he a great QB, he's an even better football mind. He can be invaluable as an OC or even a HC.


1. They're not IR'ing him for a reason. They gave him a contract KNOWING he was hurt and probably out long term. They are being loyal and letting him still collect his paycheck and stay involved. They have given him tons of money (rightly so).

2. Well, yeah, there is no reason unless you have no other option. Peyton is hurt, could possibly not ever come back and if he does, it's not a for sure he's back playing as the best in football. Andrew Luck is ready for anything, and playing with the Colts wouldn't be 'throwing him to the wolves'. Just because Collins and Painter have sucked doesn't mean Luck will. He's got more talent in his pinkytoe then they do combined.

3. Peyton just said on CBS' College Football last weekend he'd be more interested as a commentator than a coaching job. We know how many commercials the fucker as done, he clearly likes being on TV. I see him doing that before coaching... and who says if he's moved on from the Colts he couldn't coach there?

I'm not saying it's a for sure deal but I think they'd either tell him re-do his deal or risk getting snipped.
0

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,762
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 28 October 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

1. They're not IR'ing him for a reason. They gave him a contract KNOWING he was hurt and probably out long term. They are being loyal and letting him still collect his paycheck and stay involved. They have given him tons of money (rightly so).

2. Well, yeah, there is no reason unless you have no other option. Peyton is hurt, could possibly not ever come back and if he does, it's not a for sure he's back playing as the best in football. Andrew Luck is ready for anything, and playing with the Colts wouldn't be 'throwing him to the wolves'. Just because Collins and Painter have sucked doesn't mean Luck will. He's got more talent in his pinkytoe then they do combined.

3. Peyton just said on CBS' College Football last weekend he'd be more interested as a commentator than a coaching job. We know how many commercials the fucker as done, he clearly likes being on TV. I see him doing that before coaching... and who says if he's moved on from the Colts he couldn't coach there?

I'm not saying it's a for sure deal but I think they'd either tell him re-do his deal or risk getting snipped.


I'd love to see him as an analyst. With his knowledge he'd be the best one ever. He probably knows the game of football in our era better then anyone. offense and defense. I've never seen a QB read defenses and make decisions as good as him ever
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,050
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 28 October 2011 - 07:11 PM, said:

I'd love to see him as an analyst. With his knowledge he'd be the best one ever. He probably knows the game of football in our era better then anyone. offense and defense. I've never seen a QB read defenses and make decisions as good as him ever


And he's extremely well spoken. Would fit in well with the CBS bunch for College.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users