NYJetsFan.com Forums: Credit Unions Poach Clients - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (Today, 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
santana Icon : (Today, 01:28 PM) 2-0 lead most dangerous kind of lead
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Credit Unions Poach Clients Misleading title but good info.

Poll: Where do you bank? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you bank

1. Large multistate bank (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Regional or single branch bank (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Credit union. (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. F the banks its under my bed bitz (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

http://finance.yahoo...od=bb-budgeting

Thousands of people flooded into credit unions and small banks over the weekend as part of "Bank Transfer Day," an effort to prod depositors to abandon giant banks. But at least some of the big banks won't mind losing those customers.

On Saturday, the Boeing Employees' Credit Union in Seattle signed up a one-day record 659 new members. At the grand opening of a Randolph-Brooks Federal Credit Union branch in Pflugerville, Texas, the parking lot was so full that customers had to leave their cars across the street.

Dozens of people opened an account at the Texas credit union as a local disc jockey gave away prizes. "They'll treat me like a good customer," said Charlie Estes, 33 years old, who pulled his life savings out of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., the largest U.S. bank as measured in assets. J.P. Morgan declined to comment.

It won't be clear for several weeks how many deposits moved to credit unions—the member-owned cooperatives that can't sell stock and don't pay taxes—on Bank Transfer Day. But the sprawling, loosely organized effort got lots of attention, partly because of controversial plans by Bank of America Corp. and other large banks to charge customers for using debit cards. The big banks retreated after widespread public furor.

[More from WSJ.com: Young Men Suffer Worst as Economy Staggers]

Executives at large banks have shown few signs of worry that depositors might walk out the door. One reason: People who gravitate to credit unions tend to be unprofitable for giant banks because of the small balances they keep on deposit, low number of products they buy and the relatively high account-maintenance expenses at big financial firms.

Moebs Services Inc., a research firm in Lake Bluff, Ill., estimates that it costs the giant banks about $350 to $450 per year to maintain a checking account. In contrast, smaller banks incur costs of $175 to $250 a year per checking account.

Banks try to recoup such costs by imposing overdraft fees and other charges. But new rules in the wake of the financial crisis limit some of those surcharges. The recent debit-card-charge mess was a failed attempt to close the gap.

Many banks also have done away with free checking, unless customers maintain a minimum balance and meet other criteria. But with the average checking account containing $5,200, according to research firm Raddon Financial Group in Lombard, Ill., many customers can't avoid the monthly charges.

More than three-fourths of credit unions offer no-strings-attached free checking, compared with 45% of banks, says Greg McBride, an analyst with Bankrate.com. Deposits at banks and credit unions are insured up to $250,000.

[More from WSJ.com: Make the Most of Holiday Work]

Credit unions held just 8% of federally insured deposits as of June 30, compared with 70% for banks that have assets of more than $10 billion.

Credit-union officials say those figures understate their actual reach in terms of customer numbers because most members at credit unions have small balances. Overall, U.S. credit unions have more that 91 million members, or nearly one in three Americans.

David Small, a spokesman for the National Credit Union Administration trade group, said many of the nation's 7,200 credit unions "are in rural areas where there is no other banking option."

Some bankers complain that credit unions have outgrown their status as a lender of last resort to poor and rural communities, and should be forced to pay taxes just like for-profit banks.

"At a time when state and local governments are struggling with lower revenue, why should some of these credit unions be subsidized if they are not going to provide those services?" said David Locke, chief executive of McFarland State Bank in McFarland, Wis. The bank has about $500 million in assets but is having trouble competing with nearby credit unions, he added.

[More from WSJ.com: The Footage the NFL Won't Show You]

Credit unions are lobbying Congress to let them make more business loans. The current limit is 12.5% of assets. Raising the cap would allow credit unions to diversify their loan portfolios and provide more capital to cash-strapped companies, Mr. Small said.

Yet several large commercial credit unions, which invest money on behalf of their retail members, went bust after loading up on high-risk mortgages during the housing bubble.

Some bank customers said they are unhappy—but not enough to give up the conveniences provided by big banks. "I'd love to change," said Michael O'Donnell, a Bank of America customer in Boston. "But the services they offer would be hard to replace."
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

I can say we did not have a person come into any of our branches to close an account due to this on Saturday. Although we are a Community Bank so we probably were nor as effected as a Wells Fargo or BofA.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users