NYJetsFan.com Forums: We're Cursed. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Today, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Today, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Today, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Today, 11:01 PM) WOO
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +

We're Cursed.

#1 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

Okay, so I'll be the guy you can all hate for negativity. I'll just say it. It'll be a full decade without a division title when this season is over. We're not going to the Superbowl any time soon because the team is lousy. We had our chances to go to the Superbowl the last to years, and we choked each time. And people try and tell me that this isn't the "Same Old Jets" and that the culture has changed? Please.

Making it further and choking isn't better than not making it at all. In the end, someone else made it and you didn't. Ask Cubs fans if the culture changed after 2003 because they made it close to the World Series but choked it away.

Schottenheimer should be fired TONIGHT. f***. If I was Ryan, I would have went up to him after the pick 6, asked for his headset and playbook and told him to take off. He's so pathetic, how has he held this job for so long? Hell. Why didn't Ryan bring in his own guy when he got the job?

f*** it, I'm tired of this team. The biggest game of the season, and they didn't even bother showing up. Game. Set. Match. New England is on their way to yet another division title and we have to just remember that game against the Packers in 2002.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

To the person who, before the season, said they rather have Sanchez over Tom Brady. If you still think that, you're a f***ing lunatic.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   ganggreen2003 Icon

• Hi-5 master
  • Icon
  • Interests:J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    NY YANKEES
    SYRACUSE ORANGE
    AND ANYTHING NEW YORK

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

The JETS aren't cursed we just aren't that Championship team we claim ourselves to be and it showed up tonight....
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well YOU BETTER BLEED GREEN & WHITE!!!!

https://twitter.com/#!/NYJ_Rob3136

http://www.facebook....47353176?v=wall

http://www.nyjetsfan.../gg03on1050.mp3

S-Dubb: like if she was giving me a handjob and I saw that thumb I don't know how I'd react

#4 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

View Postganggreen2003, on 14 November 2011 - 12:03 AM, said:

The JETS aren't cursed we just aren't that Championship team we claim ourselves to be and it showed up tonight....

42 years without a Super Bowl. Without even GETTING TO a Super Bowl. And a whopping total of TWO division titles. Awesome. Yeah, I rather be cursed, at least then there's an excuse.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

You lay in the bed you make.

It took Mulligan getting run over by Carter multiple times to get it fixed and we never did take care of the edge rush.

Smith has been a weakness in coverage, especially against physical TEs, forever and against a team with multiple high quality pass catching TEs he is in there for virtually every play, getting exposed over and over and over. Rex needs to get over his kid-crushes and let guys go. This ain't Oprah, I'm not here to see a three legged dog walk, get someone in here who can tackle and, gasp, cover.

Schotty is a bad OC. Nuff said.

Schotty and Smith have been problems for a while, tonight Schotty was horrid (so much for those two "good" games he had) and NE couldn't do much except against Smith, and so they attacked him all game. Ever watch a boxing match and say, "raise your hand!"? We should have benched Smith at the half and put anyone else in there to play safety.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#6 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

I've defended our OC who shall not be named, but that's over. The worst fuckin' defense in the NFL and we manage 16 points???? I'm so tired of this offense not challenging anybody, we can't figure out if we want be ground and pound or air it out and it's killing us, I mean is Keller even part of the receiving core? I think it dates back to before the season started when were flirting with Nnamdi and he kicked us in the balls, it cost us smith, Edwards and Cotchery three reliable weapons for Mark all gone now. I know we want Shitty gone now, but it ain't gonna happen no matter how much we bitch about it. However, if this sorry excuse for a play-caller is not handed his walking papers at the end of the season, then it proves Rex is all belly, no spine. I just hate losing to these smug ass-holes, especially when we play like shit. just gotta hope for the wild-card again, great just f'n great.

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 13 November 2011 - 11:57 PM, said:

Schottenheimer should be fired TONIGHT. f***. If I was Ryan, I would have went up to him after the pick 6, asked for his headset and playbook and told him to take off. He's so pathetic, how has he held this job for so long? Hell. Why didn't Ryan bring in his own guy when he got the job?

He did. I wrote about this a month ago. Callahan was his OC that he brought back from Nebraska. Why Rex is not allowed to fire Schotty, I don't know but believe me, Rex wanted to on atleast 2 occasions.

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:36 AM

Belichick and Brady figured out this defense, run it when we go small, pass it on Eric Smith, and our other LBs, safeties, and nickel backs. Jets NEED to get better in the front 7 and add an athletic safety or we are not going to stop that offense. Schemes can only get you so far, talent is what wins for the most part.

Brian Schottenheimer is a joke, it was so predictable that our offense sucked. How many times have we went into a game vs a banged up secondary and should be able to score but have a terrible game on offense? Its game planning, the guy is terrible at planning for a game and calling a game. He doesn't use our players right and is killing the development of Mark. Our offense was doing good with running Greene 20+ times a game and doing play actions, but he got away from that. The first drive I felt good about then they fucked up in the redzone which than shot all the confidence..

I am really sick of playing for the wild card and not the division, its easier to get to the SB by winning the division and getting a first round bye. This team just doesn't have what it takes, its in their Jets DNA to screw up in the big moments. Only the Jets drop 3 INTs in a crucial game, that could have killed the Patriots confidence. Brady is at his best when things are going their way and he can guide them through a lead.

And how about the "athletes' on this team not sacking Brady when they were able to get to him? Come on Maybin make that sack!! Pace and Westerman need to make their sacks as well.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 14 November 2011 - 12:36 AM, said:

Belichick and Brady figured out this defense, run it when we go small, pass it on Eric Smith, and our other LBs, safeties, and nickel backs. Jets NEED to get better in the front 7 and add an athletic safety or we are not going to stop that offense. Schemes can only get you so far, talent is what wins for the most part.

Brian Schottenheimer is a joke, it was so predictable that our offense sucked. How many times have we went into a game vs a banged up secondary and should be able to score but have a terrible game on offense? Its game planning, the guy is terrible at planning for a game and calling a game. He doesn't use our players right and is killing the development of Mark. Our offense was doing good with running Greene 20+ times a game and doing play actions, but he got away from that. The first drive I felt good about then they fucked up in the redzone which than shot all the confidence..

I am really sick of playing for the wild card and not the division, its easier to get to the SB by winning the division and getting a first round bye. This team just doesn't have what it takes, its in their Jets DNA to screw up in the big moments. Only the Jets drop 3 INTs in a crucial game, that could have killed the Patriots confidence. Brady is at his best when things are going their way and he can guide them through a lead.

And how about the "athletes' on this team not sacking Brady when they were able to get to him? Come on Maybin make that sack!! Pace and Westerman need to make their sacks as well.

I think you got it backwards. The Pats won with scheme. They figured out that we want to bump their WRs at the LOS so they went with bunch sets knowing that we'd be too scared to get picked off on a crossing pattern and we gave them free releases. That was the entire game plan.

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 November 2011 - 12:41 AM, said:

I think you got it backwards. The Pats won with scheme. They figured out that we want to bump their WRs at the LOS so they went with bunch sets knowing that we'd be too scared to get picked off on a crossing pattern and we gave them free releases. That was the entire game plan.

The Patriots defense gets lit up by the good teams, its only the stupid Jets that can't score on their defense. Back when they had elite defenses and were winning championships their defenses had tons of talent, Belichick's ego got to large and felt like he could replace anyone and they haven't won a championship since and are falling. I doubt the Patriots win the SB this season, but they are certainly better than the Jets. Because their offense is great and will score, the Jets need to be able to keep them off the field and score TDs.

The Patriots offensive scheme is great though. If I was a WR with the Jets I would hate playing here.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

I hope that Holmes says something.

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:57 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 November 2011 - 12:52 AM, said:

I hope that Holmes says something.

hes got to be frustrated, came from the best organization in football a place where winning comes natural to them and had the ability to make plays onto a team that has a loser history, falling short comes naturally, and being in a terrible offense where hes getting open but not thrown to.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:31 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 13 November 2011 - 11:57 PM, said:

Okay, so I'll be the guy you can all hate for negativity. I'll just say it. It'll be a full decade without a division title when this season is over. We're not going to the Superbowl any time soon because the team is lousy. We had our chances to go to the Superbowl the last to years, and we choked each time. And people try and tell me that this isn't the "Same Old Jets" and that the culture has changed? Please.

Making it further and choking isn't better than not making it at all. In the end, someone else made it and you didn't. Ask Cubs fans if the culture changed after 2003 because they made it close to the World Series but choked it away.

f*** it, I'm tired of this team. The biggest game of the season, and they didn't even bother showing up. Game. Set. Match. New England is on their way to yet another division title and we have to just remember that game against the Packers in 2002.

That's not negativity, it's the truth. I'm so f***ing sick of tired of seeing this shit year after year after year. This team was just pathetic tonight. It's easy to blame Schotty or Sanchez, but tonight it was the whole team. The entire team shitted the bed tonight while f***ing Rob Gronkowski pissed in all of our faces. I'm just sick of this shit! Seeing Belicheat and Brady walk off the field victorious once again. We've felt this pain longer than most of the coaching staff and players have. They haven't been a part of this rivalry as long as we have. I might as well have watched Nick at Nite tonight instead of that game. It was just another rerun I've already seen many times before. Now once again, we have to look at the standings and hope that we win and they lose. We already do that but now it's our only hope of winning the division this year.

This team just isn't there. We're good, but we're still not at the level the Patriots, the Steelers, and the Colts with Peyton are at. We're still not elite yet. And what makes it worse is I don't have an answer to "why" this team still can't get over that hump. Why? Why can't this team be one of those elite teams. We had the rah-rah, college like, inspirational speaker coach in Herm Edwards. We've had the Belicheat disciple that was going to fight fire with fire by turning this team into the Patriots south in Eric Mangini. Now we have the badass, player's coach in Rex Ryan. But it doesn't matter. We still can't over come the Patriots. Words just can't describe how sick of this I am. Is it ever going to change? What are the answers? Why am I still asking the same question tonight I was asking when I was 18 years old? What is it going to take for this team to beat the Patriots on a consistent basis? Why can't this team take care of business when it needs to. They knew what they had to do tonight!! And they didn't do it. AGAIN! Hell my response to McKnight's fumble on the punt return (that killed our momentum) was not anger or sadness. It was laughter. I literally LOLed as the ball was rolling around the turf. I said "of course." So by the time later in the game when Sanchez through that pick 6, I was numb to it all. Same shit, different year. And it probably will be that way until the day Brady is either cut, traded like Montana, or retires. When the Pats were still Super Bowl contenders it was understandable. But they're not that team anymore. They're just the best in the AFC East, but they can't beat teams like the Steelers or Packers.

I'm just rambling now. Looking for an answer to "why again" and no matter what the coaches, players, analyst, fans say...they just don't have the answer either, even after all these years. The players are different and coaches are different the philosophy is different, but we fans are still the ones suffering the same pain we've felt for almost a decade now. A curse, same old Jets, call it whatever you want. I just know I'm sick of it.

Since that win in the playoffs in Foxboro last January the Jets are now 5-5. A .500 team. Beating the Cowboys, Jaguars, Chargers, Dolphins, and Bills and losing to the Steelers, Raiders, Ravens, and the Patriots twice. We've shown we can beat the bad and mediocre teams, but we still can't beat the better teams in the AFC. It's just mind boggling. The ONLY thing that I can take comfort in tonight is knowing that at least I'm not an Eagles fan......but then again they've been to two Super Bowls since 1969.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#14 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

We don't do one thing well. In order to be a winning football team, you have to be better at one thing than any team you play. We're not. We can't get into shootouts and we can't rely on our defense to win game because some games they don't show up. We're simply an also-ran.

#15 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

This was a banged up pats defense that did this to us. Rookies safties. No spike. McCourty was out early and we still flop. Sanchez look lost the entire game. Theres a lot of passes he can't make. Broncos in 4 days. We lose that one, there goes the season.

#16 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 14 November 2011 - 12:36 AM, said:

Belichick and Brady figured out this defense, run it when we go small, pass it on Eric Smith, and our other LBs, safeties, and nickel backs. Jets NEED to get better in the front 7 and add an athletic safety or we are not going to stop that offense.

It's too bad that the Jets have so many needs; I see them using their first pick on an OL who can play RT or G. They may be forced to use another high pick up front on the OL too. How the fxxk can the patriots (and most good teams play & win with 3rd stringers all over when we can't even function when we lose Nick Mangold for 2 games. About last night, blame Schotty all you want but how can you throw downfield when Sanchez has 1.5 seconds before the pocket collapses on his ass? How can that line have got so bad since last season? Brick had his worst game as a jet, Hunter was mediocre at best and Slausen, Mangold, Moore all played OK. I didn't hear Shaun Ellis' name called once after player intros.
Another post here asked why the jets left Eric Smith in the game; who in hell could replace him? I still can't understand why we gave away Lowery. He may not have been all that good but he was our best pass defender at the safety position along with Poole (who we missed sorely last night). I am not giving up; we can get to 6-4 Thursday but the division looks like the pats due to their lack of strength schedule. Last thing; did anyone even touch Brady last night other than trying to rip the ball out of his grasp after the botched snap? Gotta go vomit a few times!

#17 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 14 November 2011 - 06:37 AM, said:

We don't do one thing well. In order to be a winning football team, you have to be better at one thing than any team you play. We're not. We can't get into shootouts and we can't rely on our defense to win game because some games they don't show up. We're simply an also-ran.

True. Making things worse is that when we do get something right, we go and shoot ourselves in the foot immediately. Anytime we got a foothold in the game - after Sanchez' rushing TD just before the half and after the TD throw to Burress - the defence just let the Pats walk all over them. During their drive which made it 30-16, New England had just one third down (a 3rd and 4 from the Jets 18 after a nine yard gain on 2nd down). And it was a 13 play drive, which went 84 yards! And our D is meant to be one of the top units in the league!
That wasn't even the worst defensive series we had. Letting them go 80 yards in one minute ten seconds after we took the lead was absolutely criminal. Yes Sanchez shouldn't have burned a timeout before he scored the TD, but with the amount of time the Pats had left, they shouldn't have been allowed to drive the length of the field at ease by our defence.
Regarding Eric Smith, he's a decent, but very limited player. It didn't help that Pool was out because at least he can do a reasonable job in coverage. The fact is though that neither Smith nor Leonhard are the type of players to stop Gronkowski and Hernandez. And the fact we have to face them twice a year would suggest Tannenbaum and Rex would have looked to add a safety capable of taking them on. Instead we got that vain - in both meanings of the word - pursuit of Asomugha, which was for nothing.

#18 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

The jets should have won that game. They came out flat and literally, by the time the game ended, gave the patriots 21 points. We got our ass kicked and played really sloppy. the biggest dud of this game was d'brick. Andrea carter destroyed the jets and in my opinion single handedly beat the jets. The offensive line looked bad, but this team isn't as bad as we looked last night. Last night was pathetic, and there went another chance at a division title. Just when you think this team is about to turn the corner, the patriots bring us back to reality.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#19 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

it doesnt matter who our HC is,as long as Schittenhiemer is around we wont do shit...he's the only constant on this damm team!!! that Timeout was just sloppy thinkin before the half and killed all momentum...and Sanchez still fuckin givin up midway its annoyin....he needs to learn to get angry like the old Philip Rivers instead of moppin around like a kid who didnt get any candy on halloween!

#20 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

Unprepared. Nothing new.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic