NYJetsFan.com Forums: Cris Carter Rips Sanchez And Suggests Peyton Manning - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Cris Carter Rips Sanchez And Suggests Peyton Manning

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Cris Carter Rips Jets QB Mark Sanchez
November 15, 2010

My, how time flies. Less than 2 days after their gut-wrenching defeat at the hands of the New England Patriots known New York Jets fan Mike Greenberg, along with Mike Golic from ESPNís Mike and Mike in the Morning, sat down with former NFL wide receiver Cris Carter, now an analyst for ESPN.

Among topics of discussion on the show were Jets QB Mark Sanchez, the Jets organization, and whatís ahead for Rex Ryanís bunch. And, Carter didnít mince words, especially in regards to Jets QB Mark Sanchez.

Now before we get into it, I didnít agree with just about everything that Carter said, especially since most of his colleagues and analysts at ESPN picked the Jets to beat the Patriots including Carter himself.

When asked if Mark Sanchez is the quarterback for the Jets two years from now, Carter responded ďFor Greenieís (Greenberg) sake, I hope not.Ē Carterís reasoning, though easy to argue, is the NFL is now become a pass first, run second, league with the likes of Aaron Rodgers and (cringe) Tom Brady leading offenses.

Oh, it gets better.

With the Colts seemingly winning the ďSuck for LuckĒ competition with the Miami Dolphins, Carter had another piece of advice for Rex Ryan and the leaders of the Jets organization. A simple request, nothing major. Carter suggested a trade for Peyton Manning. Yes, Peyton Manning. Carter suggested that Manning could become disgruntled if the Colts draft Stanford QB Andrew Luck first overall in next yearís draft (assuming they have the number 1 pick).

Though an interesting thought, Iím not even going to go down that road. That has about a 1% chance of happening. So, why waste time talking about that? Besides, we donít want a Washington Redskins situation on our hands here, either. Good defense and a 36-year-old coming off of major neck surgery? No thanks.

Agree or disagree with Carter, the Jets will probably make a decision in one of the next couple years on their future at the quarterback position. Sanchez is due to make a base salary of $8.5M in 2012. The Jets would save about $9M in cap space and would have about $5M in dead money in the event they cut him. Itís year three and some restructuring may be in order. Again, though, I still feel itís a wait and see approach with Sanchez.

Take Aaron Rodgers, a lot of people forget that Aaron Rodgers didnít start a game until year 4 and didnít win a Super Bowl until year 6. But, Sanchez is unfairly criticized because he became a starter year 1. Why not give Sanchez that time?

Sanchezís rating has improved in each of the first 3 years, though not exactly a gauging stat anymore, thanks to Tim Tebow. Heís on pace for career highs in passing yards and touchdowns. Actually, he should shatter both. Not a leap forward huh?

Rodgers first 3 years in the NFL? 35 of 59, 329 yards 9.4 avg, 1 TD, 1 INT, 3 fumbles, 3 lost. In those three years he played in 7 games and racked up about an average of 70 QB rating. Rodgers and Sanchez stats ratio are virtually the same. Yes, I know, Rodgers didnít start in any games the first three years. Remind you of anyone? Yes, as they say on Twitter, Iím just saying.

One could argue the only Rex and Sanchez did is take the previously ďclawing and scratching just to make the playoffsĒ Jets to back-to-back AFC Championship games and built a top-flight defense overnight. But, hey, what have you done for me lately? Oh, not much, lost a game though.

Picking up my sarcasm? Good, because Iím laying it on pretty thick (Thanks, Tommy Boy).

Now, before any Packers fan reads this and gets all choked up and starts doing the ďdiscount double-checkĒ on me, Iím not comparing Rodgers and Sanchez. They are light years apart at this point in their careers but itís also an unfair comparison to expect that out of Sanchez, so get back to me in a couple years. The odds are stacked against Sanchez to have an Aaron Rodgers like career in the next 3 years but if you want to compare. Thatís how much time you give him.

Who knows where Sanchez is 3 years from now? He could be hoisting the Lombardi trophy. The question is, will it be for the New York Jets?

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

Knee jerk reactions are fun.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

If Manning is available I would go for it, but otherwise we stick with Sanchez and hopefully get a new OC.

Frigging Andre Carter had 4.5 sacks and 8 QB hits vs the Jets, wtf.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

Sanchez is lousy, if there's a way to get Peyton Manning, I'd do it. But the price will probably be Revis+
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:42 AM

And if the Colts don't get Andrew Luck? Then what Cris? This ain't Madden Cris.

I say no to the idea of mortgaging the team to chase another aging, injured QB. We did that in 2008 and the guy we cut ended up winning the division title with a division rival. For all we know the Peyton Manning we've seen for the last 10 years could be gone for good. He is on the wrong side of 30 and has a serious injury. Our OL wouldn't be able to keep Peyton Manning (who has the mobility of Frankenstein) upright anyway. So he'd likely just end up getting injured again and then what will we have? Kevin O'Connell starting for us?

All this trade for Peyton talk is stupid. Just chill out and hope the Patriots go on a losing streak.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

I`m not totally ready to give up on Sanch until we get a new O.C. Brees and Rivers were better post- Schotty.

#7 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 16 November 2011 - 05:37 AM, said:

I`m not totally ready to give up on Sanch until we get a new O.C. Brees and Rivers were better post- Schotty.

I agree Dubb! Get a decent OC, and go from there

#8 User is offline   gmany3k Icon

• Old Timer
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

I say give Mark more time and keep Shotty too.I think if shotty was asked or told to change his offensive mindset I think he can and probable has already. like many have said it was a close game most of the way until we had a few mishaps .however all teams should be on the lookout for a smart strong accurate passer or M Vick . :)
21ST CENTURY NEW YORK STATE OF MIND ."REST IN PEACE NIGHT OWL TOM"Use Caution when reading my comments>.Posted Image

#9 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Mortgage the farm for Luck Posted Image

#10 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

unless Peyton is comin in to take full responsibility at the line as far as callin plays n shit,y not give it a shot...but if Schitty is still here,he'll have a year just like Favre did...

#11 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:48 AM

WE

ARE

NOT

GETTING

PEYTON

MANNING!

Even IF the Colts were to trade Manning they're not going to trade him to another AFC team. They'd trade him to the Cardinals, Seahawks or Cowboys. All teams in the NFC.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users