NYJetsFan.com Forums: Some Thoughts - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Some Thoughts

#1 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

This was a very frustrating loss. And I put it completely on the offense, particularly Sanchez. I didn't want to admit it, but Sanchez is regressing. If his first read isn't there, he panics. He has no sense of timing and no comfort zone in the pocket. Frankly, he has no confidence and it shows.

Shonne Greene is not a starting running back. The Jets need to draft a top tier running back. Greene produces as a spell back and that is what he should be.

I feel bad for the defense. If you don't watch the games, you wouldn't know that they are actually playing well. When you play the Patriots, you have to accept that Brady is going to score points. So when the defense does it's job and forces them to punt, the offense has to respond. And they didn't. The same thing applied to the Denver game. 13 points? You have to be kidding me! All game, the defense did it's job. You can't leave the ball in Tebow's hands down one score with a few minutes left. He should have never been in that position.

Everyone wants to blame Schottenheimer. But it is the quarterback that must execute. And unless his first read is open, Sanchez doesn't.

#2 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

View PostCamenzind, on 18 November 2011 - 12:37 AM, said:

This was a very frustrating loss. And I put it completely on the offense, particularly Sanchez. I didn't want to admit it, but Sanchez is regressing. If his first read isn't there, he panics. He has no sense of timing and no comfort zone in the pocket. Frankly, he has no confidence and it shows.

Shonne Greene is not a starting running back. The Jets need to draft a top tier running back. Greene produces as a spell back and that is what he should be.

I feel bad for the defense. If you don't watch the games, you wouldn't know that they are actually playing well. When you play the Patriots, you have to accept that Brady is going to score points. So when the defense does it's job and forces them to punt, the offense has to respond. And they didn't. The same thing applied to the Denver game. 13 points? You have to be kidding me! All game, the defense did it's job. You can't leave the ball in Tebow's hands down one score with a few minutes left. He should have never been in that position.

Everyone wants to blame Schottenheimer. But it is the quarterback that must execute. And unless his first read is open, Sanchez doesn't.

i agree with you on the defense. but sanchez's problems begin with his handlers. the proof... look at bum tebow and his handlers winning with confidence. schitty is the broken wheel. he needs to put sanchez in better situations. you're telling me that sanchez forgot how to play? ok then how is alex smith winning with confidence in SF.? answer... his handler harbaugh.
is it a coincidence that harbaugh and elway were both nfl qb's and now their teams know how to get their qb's to play.

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

View Postjet-man, on 18 November 2011 - 05:52 AM, said:

i agree with you on the defense. but sanchez's problems begin with his handlers. the proof... look at bum tebow and his handlers winning with confidence. schitty is the broken wheel. he needs to put sanchez in better situations. you're telling me that sanchez forgot how to play? ok then how is alex smith winning with confidence in SF.? answer... his handler harbaugh.
is it a coincidence that harbaugh and elway were both nfl qb's and now their teams know how to get their qb's to play.

I think the answer on Sanchez lies somewhere in the middle. Schottenheimer's playcalling was terrible once again last night, as we never dared to stretch the Broncos' defence and try for the big play. But Sanchez' execution was pitiful too. After a good game against San Diego and a reasonable one at Buffalo, he's fell back to his inconsistent ways. He looked timid out on the field, even when he went on that completion streak early in the second half, and never looked to take any chances all evening. It was quite telling how much noise the sideline reporters made of Mark's pre-game comments about not having LT in to pass protect. Given how he ended up playing, that undoubtedly was playing heavily on his mind; Sanchez wasn't exactly helped either by the offensive line's failure to keep the pass rush at bay.
I'm starting to miss having Braylon Edwards even more now. For all the advantages Plaxico offers - a huge red zone target who can go up and get the ball - he is not capable of getting downfield, creating separation with his speed and being the deep threat that Edwards was. And I think Sanchez misses him too because he doesn't seem to trust himself to put the ball up deep and let the receiver make the play as he was previously.
It's obvious though that things need to change - Sanchez needs to step things up, and Schottenheimer needs to be run out of town.

#4 User is offline   green goblin Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

it doesnt help either that wayne hunter is getting mowed over by a rook and sanchez needs to make better throws i think tebow coulda made the throw to keller in the endzone he always thsrows the ball to high it seems burres and holmes are always jumpin or diving for the ball and doesnt give an opportunity for the recievers to run up the field he always throws to a blanketed receiver and stares down the receivers and makes it easy for defenders to make plays. we may have to think about another qb next year along with new oc.

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

View PostCamenzind, on 18 November 2011 - 12:37 AM, said:

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I just think you have the cause/effect relationship backwards.

I'm a Sanchez supporter, but it's impossible to stand pat and pretend that he's okay. He's regressing. Mainly his vision and decision making aren't there. The reason for that is, he's being pummeled game after game. The first play from scrimmage, both Hunter and Brick let their defenders take them right to the QB. By the end of the 1st Quarter, Sanchez had a dirtier jersey than the RBs for either team. We simply cannot allow him to be hit like that. He's not Ben Rothlisberger or Michael Vick. He does not invite that contact. Once he gets hit, as do most QBs, the clock in his head speeds up. He starts locking on to his first reads because getting rid of the ball becomes a priority over everything else.

The biggest issue with this is that he has potential. Keep in mind he's only 24 and, at least statistically, he's shown growth. However, if he keeps getting hit the way he does, his mental game might be forever altered and, gulp, he may take the David Carr career route.

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:58 PM

View PostCamenzind, on 17 November 2011 - 11:37 PM, said:

I agree he does play like he is always panicing. Also he seems to get lost after the first read is gone and then he is just winging it. He is not a confident QB. This game is 99% mental and he is loosing that battle.

We do need a playmaker either @ the QB position or running back. We have niether @ this point.

I agree this is a team sport but I do blame schitty more than anyone else. Sanchez was getting pressure all game from the right and Schitty did not adjust. The one series we did adjust we went right down the field for a TD and then we went right back to the same crappy game plan. I also Blame Sanchez' lack of confidence on Schitty. If I did not trust the playcaller I would think I could not complete passes as well. After his first read is gone he is looking to see how hard he is going to get hit instead of looking for the open guy. Schitty is gone after this year so why not let Callahan have a crack at it and see if he is the guy or not. Then we can see if Sanchez is the guy or not.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users