NYJetsFan.com Forums: Who's To Blame? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:28 PM) streets is real
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Who's To Blame?

#1 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

It seems to be a popular question on this board lately, who is truly to blame for the Jets recent failures? I think instead of singling out one guy and piling on him, we need to step back and look at the whole team. Everybody has had an effect in games we've lost this year.

Lets start with the obvious;

We don't have the weapons to have sustained success on offense, there's times where Sanchez just looks lost out there you don't expect that from a 3rd-yr QB. Part of it is the playcalling not setting him up to give him some confidence cuz he needs it badly, but u look at the offensive line that's where I believe the problem lies. When you give him time to throw Sanchez can be a decent QB, but if the D is up his ass 2 seconds after the snap, its tough for him to get anything going as it would be for any other QB in this league.

Rex just needs to stop talking so much, there's a time for it, but when you're having a so-so year stop talking Super Bowl because until we get more consistent that isn't happening. I love Rex, he's been a breath of fresh air around here, but its been his D that can't get it done late in games when we need a stop. Only we viewed Tebow as a threat throwing the ball when everybody else knows you treat him as a runner first passer second. Our coordinators out-think themselves and so does Rex, that all-out blitz call was horrible because we had no contain outside so Tebow could've walked into the endzone.

Now let's move on to deeper issues off the field

I think we need to draft better, Tannebaum trading away our picks for superstars past their prime has gotten old real quick. I for one am tired of seeing us have only 3 or 4 picks when we need to have more picks to start building depth. I think if we don't end up making the playoffs and end up with a mid-1st round pick say about 14 or 15 and if Trent Richardson is there you take him cuz LT is on his last legs and Greene is in-consistent at best. Also we need help on the O-Line, a pass-rusher, and a better safety than Eric Smith. If we keep our picks, then we have a excellent chance to build some young depth on this team.

Free agency is another problem, we need to stop trying to make a big splash like we have the past few years and sign good players instead of trying to have superstars at every posistion. It hurt us this year because we banked on Nnamdi signing, we put all our focus into trying to sign him that we let players like Edwards, Cotchery, Smith, Ellis ,guys who have been good players some of whom had been with us their whole career go to other teams, not showing loyalty to guys leaves a bad taste in the organization

Bottom line this is what needs to happen for us to be better

Schotty needs to go, I think then we can find out if Sanchez is the problem, or if it was the playcalling holding him back.
Get the guy some quality weapons on offense
Address our lack of depth in the draft and free agency to get better on all sides of the ball

All these problems are fixable, we just need to hold our heads up and keep fighting on. This season isn't over yet, we can make the playoffs, its just going to be harder than usual but i think if we string together some wins the next few weeks and get to 8-5 before we play the Eagles, then we have a good chance. I think the Bills are starting to be exposed some and the Bengals have a few tough games left, so anything's possible

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users