NYJetsFan.com Forums: Who's To Blame? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) yo
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) YO!
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) LFC could win the league on my birthday
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Who's To Blame?

#1 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:11 AM

It seems to be a popular question on this board lately, who is truly to blame for the Jets recent failures? I think instead of singling out one guy and piling on him, we need to step back and look at the whole team. Everybody has had an effect in games we've lost this year.

Lets start with the obvious;

We don't have the weapons to have sustained success on offense, there's times where Sanchez just looks lost out there you don't expect that from a 3rd-yr QB. Part of it is the playcalling not setting him up to give him some confidence cuz he needs it badly, but u look at the offensive line that's where I believe the problem lies. When you give him time to throw Sanchez can be a decent QB, but if the D is up his ass 2 seconds after the snap, its tough for him to get anything going as it would be for any other QB in this league.

Rex just needs to stop talking so much, there's a time for it, but when you're having a so-so year stop talking Super Bowl because until we get more consistent that isn't happening. I love Rex, he's been a breath of fresh air around here, but its been his D that can't get it done late in games when we need a stop. Only we viewed Tebow as a threat throwing the ball when everybody else knows you treat him as a runner first passer second. Our coordinators out-think themselves and so does Rex, that all-out blitz call was horrible because we had no contain outside so Tebow could've walked into the endzone.

Now let's move on to deeper issues off the field

I think we need to draft better, Tannebaum trading away our picks for superstars past their prime has gotten old real quick. I for one am tired of seeing us have only 3 or 4 picks when we need to have more picks to start building depth. I think if we don't end up making the playoffs and end up with a mid-1st round pick say about 14 or 15 and if Trent Richardson is there you take him cuz LT is on his last legs and Greene is in-consistent at best. Also we need help on the O-Line, a pass-rusher, and a better safety than Eric Smith. If we keep our picks, then we have a excellent chance to build some young depth on this team.

Free agency is another problem, we need to stop trying to make a big splash like we have the past few years and sign good players instead of trying to have superstars at every posistion. It hurt us this year because we banked on Nnamdi signing, we put all our focus into trying to sign him that we let players like Edwards, Cotchery, Smith, Ellis ,guys who have been good players some of whom had been with us their whole career go to other teams, not showing loyalty to guys leaves a bad taste in the organization

Bottom line this is what needs to happen for us to be better

Schotty needs to go, I think then we can find out if Sanchez is the problem, or if it was the playcalling holding him back.
Get the guy some quality weapons on offense
Address our lack of depth in the draft and free agency to get better on all sides of the ball

All these problems are fixable, we just need to hold our heads up and keep fighting on. This season isn't over yet, we can make the playoffs, its just going to be harder than usual but i think if we string together some wins the next few weeks and get to 8-5 before we play the Eagles, then we have a good chance. I think the Bills are starting to be exposed some and the Bengals have a few tough games left, so anything's possible

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users