NYJetsFan.com Forums: Bart Scott Not A Fan Of Jets Fans? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Today, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Today, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (Today, 10:28 PM) streets is real
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Bart Scott Not A Fan Of Jets Fans?

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

Jets' Scott calls fans 'discouraging'
By GEORGE WILLIS

Last Updated: 8:57 AM, November 22, 2011

Posted: 1:46 AM, November 22, 2011

Rex Ryan put on a humble face yesterday and said he would accept his wrist slap from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. Apparently bad language toward fans is frowned upon in this establishment even though it was OK to show Ryan dropping an unlimited number of F-bombs during the HBO “Hard Knocks” series before the 2010 season. Then it was presumed good for HBO and good for the NFL.

Ryan crossed the line when he was video-taped yelling “Shut the f--- up,” after a fan called out, “Hey Rex, Belichick is better than you,” as the Jets headed toward the locker room at halftime of their eventual, 37-16, loss to the Patriots on Nov. 13.

“It was a mistake and I’ve owned up to that mistake,” Ryan said during his press conference yesterday at the Jets training facility at Florham Park. “There’s no question about it. I’m not going to appeal it. Quite honestly, the man has made a decision and his decision is that I should be fined $75,000 then that’s the way it is. I just want to get it behind me.”

What’s noteworthy is this might be the first time Ryan has apologized for anything he has said since being hired as the Jets’ head coach before the 2009 season. His mouth has been moving non-stop since then, guaranteeing Super Bowls and vowing to take over New York and the like.

Still, this latest trip to the principal’s office has caused his players to rally around their coach. In fact, linebacker Bart Scott is of the opinion it’s the so-called Jets fans who need to shut the (bleep) up (my words not his) when it comes to criticizing Ryan even if the Jets are 5-5 and on the brink of elimination from playoff contention.

“Sometimes fans can say things that get under your skin,” Scott said. “You expect that on the road. It’s kind of discouraging when it comes at home, especially when the game is still achievable and you still have an opportunity to win. You don’t expect to hear discouraging things from your fans, especially to somebody who’s brought success and changed the culture of this team.

“I don’t think he deserves that level of disrespect because he’s laid it all on the line. He’s given this city what they weren’t getting before and that’s an identity, national exposure, a new attitude and a league-wide respect about how we go about business and how hard this team plays for the city.

“For you to forget all that and disrespect him or have an obscene statement or something that could enrage him like that because of one half of one game, it’s almost like someone you take care of and love in your own household, the first time you tell them you can’t loan them any money, they hate you.”

If that sounds like the Jets are circling the wagons, they are. Needing to win just about all of their remaining six games to be assured of a playoff spot, the Jets are trying to maintain their swagger in the midst of a flood of criticism after back-to-back losses to the Patriots and Tim Tebow’s Broncos in Denver. They are being viewed as an underachieving team with a coach who is beginning to sound more like a windbag than a winner.

“That’s what you sign up for in New York,” Scott said. “It’s not, ‘What have you done for me lately?’ It’s, ‘What have you done for me right now?’ ”

That’s the reality of not just New York, but the NFL, where the perception of a season and a coach can change week to week. With the Bills headed for MetLife Stadium on Sunday, Ryan didn’t back down on his belief the Jets can still make the playoffs.

“Absolutely, we can make a run,” he said. “We have the kind of team that can get hot and put it together.”

At this point, talk is cheap.

george.willis@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...L#ixzz1eS0NFr2n

#2 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

sounds right to me
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

View Postsantana, on 22 November 2011 - 01:16 PM, said:

sounds right to me

Anything to excuse our coach.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

lol welcome to the Jets Bart, when things aren't going going well the fans are going to let you know. Not to mention your an overpaid LB who's skills have clearly declined since your first year here. Scott has 1 more season here then he'll be released to save 8 mil in cap space. They were breaking down on tv how a lot of the big runs were because of Bart Scott this season, hes not getting to the football fast enough, so either hes becoming too slow or not going hard enough. Hes already no longer on the field on passing downs.

We need to draft a ILB, someone who is athletic.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Displacednewyorker Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 22 November 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

The Jets need a lot of speed on Defense, especially the LB's.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:53 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 22 November 2011 - 01:35 PM, said:

Is there one position where we don't need help besides CB?

#7 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 22 November 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

Anything to excuse our coach.

This. There is some real sad, protect-Ryan-at-all-costs going on with a lot of fans and media and (unsurprisingly) Scott.

It's amazing to me how much can be discussed with what is wrong with the team, and yet so many are unwilling to blame any (or in better cases, much) on Ryan.

As an employee, one thing you get paid to do is play nice with customers (unless you work at one of those restaurants where you insult people at 2 a.m.).

I also like the notion that Ryan, with two winning seasons, "changed the culture" for the Jets. It isn't as if we were the Red Sox. But hero worship is hero worship.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

I think the Rex has gave the just a solid identity. There the 08 Kyle Boller verison of the Ravens. Pretty good on defense but can't do sh*t on offense.

The reason why people protect Rex is because the writing is on the wall. He fields really good championship quality defenses and he's a good motivator and coach, everyone can see that the QB and offense are holding this team back from greatness. It's always been the case with the Jets. Just can never land that awesome QB. Pennington was close but of course he has to be fragile.

One day we'll get lucky and land our guy. Hopefully it's with Rex because we'll always play good defense here.

#9 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

I like how because Ryan is considered a "defensive guy" (and rightly so since it is blatantly obvious he has no internal sense of offense) it is always "if he had an offense" and comments like that.

The best coaches in the league either get both sides of the ball (like Belichick) or they go out and make sure they have someone on the side of the ball they aren't as strong with that they know will get the job done. Sean Payton went out and got Williams because he needed someone to knock it out of the park. They won a Super Bowl. Packers went out, got Don Capers, and they won a Super Bowl.

All this silly offensive-is-holding-back-the-defense stuff would fly except Rex Ryan's responsibilities cover all aspects of the team, not just what he is good at. If his offense isn't getting the job done, he needs to address it. He isn't, therefore he is exacerbating a problem.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Apparently bad language toward fans is frowned upon in this establishment even though it was OK to show Ryan dropping an unlimited number of F-bombs during the HBO “Hard Knocks” series before the 2010 season. Then it was presumed good for HBO and good for the NFL.

Does this guy not see the difference between cursing at a customer and cursing to motivate your team.

Still, this latest trip to the principal’s office has caused his players to rally around their coach
Your players thinking they can still win is bad? At the end of the day Rex is the best HC we have had in years. We have had two great seasons with average teams. We are 5-5 not 0-10.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

Its amazing how many people are knocking Rex because we're having ONE down season. Rex is paid to coach the players he's given. Obviously we lost some key guys this past offseason and we're not finding success after a shortened camp, etc. Rex's biggest mistake has been keeping Schottenheimer. I think we have to give him more time than his season to prove if he's the head coach everyone loved the last 2 years or if he's more of a D coordinator.

Everyone rides Bellichump's jock as the greatest coach of all time virtually but what have they done recently? Their only championships have come during the spygate years and haven't done anything other than regular season wins since. Even those wins are tainted as they seem to always have one of the easiest schedules in the league.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#12 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 25 November 2011 - 10:54 AM, said:

Rex is paid to coach the players he's given.

Let's not start the argument where the coach doesn't have much/any control over what players he has. If Ryan doesn't have enough say to have gotten a real safety or better OLinemen (across the board in terms of backups) or more pass rushers over the last three years or whatever else then he doesn't need to be here.

Teams with overly involved owners might have issues with their coaches not having a say in the team (Cinn, Dal, Wash) but most teams have a pretty cooperative decision making process between coaches and GMs.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   choon328 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

I can honestly say that as a devoted Jets fan that I hate 90 % of other Jets fans with an effin passion!!! In my estimation most Jets fans are young (I'm 30) ignorant d-bags who don't know anything about football except what they see on Madden. And that's why there are so many uninformed posters on this site.
“We know we’re better than you, we don’t give a f*ck if you know it or not, we don’t give a sh*t if you give us your best game, we’re gonna give you our best game and we’re gonna beat the f*ck outta ya. How’s that?”

-Rex Ryan, Hard Knocks

#14 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 25 November 2011 - 11:54 AM, said:

Its amazing how many people are knocking Rex because we're having ONE down season. Rex is paid to coach the players he's given. Obviously we lost some key guys this past offseason and we're not finding success after a shortened camp, etc. Rex's biggest mistake has been keeping Schottenheimer. I think we have to give him more time than his season to prove if he's the head coach everyone loved the last 2 years or if he's more of a D coordinator.

Everyone rides Bellichump's jock as the greatest coach of all time virtually but what have they done recently? Their only championships have come during the spygate years and haven't done anything other than regular season wins since. Even those wins are tainted as they seem to always have one of the easiest schedules in the league.

Clearly haven't read my posts in the past.

Rex is/has been/always will be a poor representative of this organization. And now that we're struggling with results, the pressure deserves to fully be on him.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users