NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ot: Bcs Championship - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 05:53 PM) I would do that trade. Djax has been horrible and with you having Brees as your starter, i would totally do that trade
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) START VICK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 08:59 PM) If that guy gives up dez for rivers and Jackson he's an idiot
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 09:00 PM) I just traded dez and Steve smith for AJ green, Reggie Wayne, golden Tate and Stevan Ridley and I feel like I made a bad choice.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 10:02 PM) they have no QB. 1-3 with eli/tannehill as your starter? i need another WR or RB to strengthen my team and Rivers is my best sell.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 10:03 PM) kinda hoping to use the desperation to shore up my team
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Ot: Bcs Championship

#1 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

I was just wondering what people on here were thinking about the BCS Championship game this year. Seems to me like the two best teams in the nation are playing, and the fact that they played each other already isn't much of a big deal. Based purely on records and how the season played out I think it is clear LSU and Alabama are deserving.

One argument that holds no water with me is that it is unfair that Alabama is benefiting from not playing in the SEC championship. If every league had a championship game, or a tournament, then this might matter. Also, of course, there is the fact that Alabama already played a tough schedule, tougher than if some of these teams played in a tournament of some sort and the only game they lose was a barely-lost to one of the most clear-cut #1 teams in recent memory.

Just watching the teams play (and this includes Ok St, Ok, Oregon, and so forth of teams that are highly ranked enough to complain) I think LSU is leagues better than any of them and I would take Alabama on a neutral field too.

Thoughts?
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#2 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

Yeah, there's no question. LSU vs Bama

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:25 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 30 November 2011 - 01:16 AM, said:

Yeah, there's no question. LSU vs Bama

Even if LSU lose to Georgia this weekend?

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 30 November 2011 - 04:25 AM, said:

Even if LSU lose to Georgia this weekend?

Yeah. LSU is a lock either way.

And they won't lose. I can't see that happening.

#5 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

Its going to be LSU-Bama.

but i dont think they should be rewarding bama for loseig to LSU and dont see how u put a team in the big gae that did not even win there cone or div.

But they are the best 2 teams tho
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

SEC wins the championship every year. If another conference has a problem with it, they should take advantage of the situation and do it. The SEC is so far out in front in football it is a sham that other conferences pretend like their best teams are in the realm of the same league as the best the SEC puts out. Boise wants to strut because they can beat the fourth or fifth best in team in that league once a year.

Living in Columbia MO, I can say that people are going to be disappointed in the way MU football produces in the SEC. If the entire Big 12 merged with the SEC most of the Big 12 teams would be in the back half of that. At least there will be basketball season for the Tigers.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 30 November 2011 - 01:21 PM, said:

At least there will be basketball season for the Tigers.

Just wait until Haith has to get his own players there.

Good luck with that one.

#8 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 30 November 2011 - 12:32 PM, said:

Just wait until Haith has to get his own players there.

Good luck with that one.

I have no interest in supporting a team that hires a coach tied to a scandal that big and won't do anything about it.

I actually don't even root for MU much more than just because I don't have a particular school I root for. I couldn't stand Gabbert and basically hoped MU would lose. I didn't like Bad Smith either. I was a big Chase Daniel fan though.

Basketball I just don't really care about until March Madness and the pros not at all.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

Yes LSU & Alabama are the two best teams and they should play in the championship game. But I don't care this system of determining a national champion is ridiculous. There NEEDS TO BE A PLAYOFF. I'll always hate the BCS the way it is now. Just imagine if the NFL had a BCS like system to determine who played in the Super Bowl. And those people who say "the regular season is the playoffs." well if we do have LSU vs. Alabama in the championship game, you can throw that asinine argument right out of the window. That's why I hope we do have LSU vs. Alabama. Just take the top 8 ranked teams, put them in the four BCS bowl games (Rose, Fiesta, Sugar, Orange) and take the winners of those bowls and put them in a final four style playoff. There's your champion. The teams ranked in the top eight usually contain the conference champions from the major BCS conferences anyway. It makes no sense.

But to cause even more BCS chaos I say "Go Georgia!"
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#10 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hey Bama dont waste ur gas Lsu is going to kick ur ass
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

They may have lost to Iowa State, but I still I think Oklahoma State deserve a shot at LSU in the National Championship game. Alabama may be the better team on paper (even though Oklahoma State have won more games against top 20 teams than Saban's team), but they've had their shot already at LSU and came up short, plus there's something imperfect about an all-SEC national title game that isn't even a repeat of the SEC Championship. The fact is, nobody will now know how OSU would fare against LSU, which is a shame.
There's surely no doubt now that the whole BCS system needs to change, although scheduling a playoff would be a difficult thing to do when logistics and the academic year at universities is factored in.

#12 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 05 December 2011 - 12:03 PM, said:

They may have lost to Iowa State, but I still I think Oklahoma State deserve a shot at LSU in the National Championship game. Alabama may be the better team on paper (even though Oklahoma State have won more games against top 20 teams than Saban's team), but they've had their shot already at LSU and came up short, plus there's something imperfect about an all-SEC national title game that isn't even a repeat of the SEC Championship. The fact is, nobody will now know how OSU would fare against LSU, which is a shame.
There's surely no doubt now that the whole BCS system needs to change, although scheduling a playoff would be a difficult thing to do when logistics and the academic year at universities is factored in.

Universities don't care about the academic year when it comes to college athletics. Just looking at the college basketball scheduling with things like the Maui Invitational being played in the middle of the fall semester we can see that. These "student athletes" some of whom play on the east coast go all the way to Hawaii to play in a basketball tournament. When other students (non-student athletes) are usually taking midterms. It used to be all the minor bowl games (which there are a lot more of now) were played before the new year and the major bowl games were played on New Year's Day or the day after. Now we have things like the GoDaddy.com Bowl being played on January 8th. The national championship game is being played at a time with other students are starting the winter semester. Playing one extra game a week later than we currently do isn't going to make much of a difference at this point when it comes to academics. Again going back to college basketball they play their playoff for a national champion in mid-March to early April. Consisting of 66 teams (universities). All during the middle of the winter semester. Women's basketball too.

Like I said the BCS system needs to be fixed. Not thrown out completely because it's a good system of ranking the teams, but it only goes half way. It was created to fix the problem of not having a legitimate national champion and get rid of having multiple national champions in the same year. Just take the top 8 BCS teams, put them in the 4 BCS bowl games, and use the winners to make a 4 team (Final Four) playoff.

1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma State
4. Stanford
5. Oregon
6. Arkansas
7. Boise State
8. Kansas State

January 1
Rose Bowl (#4 Stanford vs. #5 Oregon) 4pm EST
Orange Bowl (#2 Alabama vs. #7 Boise St) 8 EST

January 2
Fiesta Bowl (#3 Oklahoma St vs. #6 Arkansas) 4pm EST
Sugar Bowl (#1 LSU vs. #8 Kansas St) 8 EST

January 9
The two semi-final games.

January 16
the National Championship game.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users