NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Pathetic Offense. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 10:28 PM) streets is real
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:36 PM) hey 05.. yo 05... 05!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:36 PM) UEFA TIME
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Jets to sign Kerley to a 4 year extension
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's a good slot WR, i'm assuming we got him cheap, can't complain
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we need to lock up wilk. but if harvin pans out, were set at WR for the next 4 years as decker, kerly, and harvin are all under contract.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:44 PM) Ivory is good too, we need a speed back (CJ sin't cuting it) and some o-line and mainly a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) Our offensive weapons aren't bad, need a qb and ol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:09 PM) they were bad when decker was hurt and it was nelson and kerly starting and salas in the slot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:40 PM) That damn street thug Kerley
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) Yeah because Nelson is terrible, Salas is no more than a #4 kind of wr
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:55 PM) Can we focus more on this street thug who is stealing $16 million from the team!?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:05 PM) salas shouldn't be on an NFL roster. #4 WR is a bit generous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:00 PM) extending kerley is a great move. i could see another team poaching him off the roster real fast.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:17 PM) Salas isn't that bad, hes made some plays for us this season.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:17 PM) You know who shouldn't be on a NFL roster, Salim Hakim. IDK why hes still on the Jets, he was TERRIBLE at KR and has no value as a WR. Waste of a roster spot IMO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:18 PM) Percy Harvin will be our KR now, I would imagine. Hes electric at it
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 PM) yeah hakim is another one i don't understand. he is even attempting to play WR and got benched at KR
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:27 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets Pathetic Offense. My opinion on where the problem is.

#1 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:28 AM

I have been wanting to do this all year, finally said F it and did it. Hope it is a decent assesment.

Plays of the Eagles Game
Start off with a big hit on the KO. Then good play by D to string out run, gain of about 1 yard….2nd and 9, long pass play, no pressure, wide open receiver. Then D forces a punt.

0-0 Punt is FC at the 4. 1st down, obvious run, 9 defenders in the box, 2 yard gain. 2nd and 10, 7 in the box, Green up the middle for 14 yards, first down. 1st and 10 Wildcat run for 6 yards. Here is where the BS Begins. Jets formation barely takes up 1/2 of the field 2 WR, 2RB, Sanchez under center, 10 Defenders within 6 yards of the line of scrimich. But we get Green up the middle for 13 yards. 1st down, even commentators say Eagles struggle with the run. We go to shotgun formation, 3 WR, 1RB, 10 Eagles are within 5 yards of the LOS. Screen to LT, didn’t surprise anyone in the defense, 4 yard loss. Then 2nd and 14. Shotgun, empty,5 recievers, 5 yard pass play, fumbled on the hit, returned for a TD. Jets had 5 recievers being covered by 7 defenders.
My thoughts, the drive starts with 4 rushes for 35 yards and we go to the pass? Shitty is an idiot…Holmes cant fumble there, but bear with us because it gets a whole lot better.

7-0 Eagles. 1st and 10 @ the 30. Same BS 2 receiver set, 10 defenders within 5 yards of the LOS. Quick slant, incomplete, PI called, 1st down. 1st Down….3 receiver set, Green in the backfield, Sanchez under center. 11 defenders within 13 yard of the LOS. 3 Yard run, 2nd and 7, 2 receivers 2 RB, TE in motion, the formation is small, and I mean we are all inside the numbers by at least 10 yards… Again 10 defenders in the box, 1 safety at 14 yards downfield. PA Pass, Sanchez in an 8 or 9 step drop, doesn’t even set his feet and is sacked. 6 man rush no open receivers where Sanchez could have thought about completing the pass, sacked immediately. 3rd and 14, 4 receiver set, trips right, 1 RB and Sanchez in shotgun. 2 Down Linemen for Eagles, 2 LBers delay blitz, Screen to LT for 9 yards, Eagles keep everyone in front, make tackle. Punt muffed, we recover at the 14. 1st and 10.n…. 2 receiver set, I Formation, 11 Eagles are within 9 yards of LOS….Run play, nothing, 2nd and 10, Sanchez in shotgun, 3 WR, 2 RB, 7 yard pass play, Holmes lets it go through his hands, INT. 4 man rush, both RBs in each flat, No Recovers are open. Conner looks to be wide open to the left, but Sanchez is looking right all the way. No pressure on Sanchez. Obviously a huge turning point for the game.
My opinion. The Eagles are obviosly daring us to beat them with the pass, But due to the playcall, there is really nothing simple for Sanchez. Once again, Holmes has got to make that grab.

14-0 Eagles, 1st and 10 @ the 20. Wildcat…..8 defenders in 5 yard of LOS. Green for 2. 2nd and 8, trips right, Sanchez under center, 1 RB…Sanchez appears to audible something….5 yard run, 3rd and 3. Bunch WR set and 1 WR at the top, Sanchez in shotgun, 1 RB, 2 Eagles DE are only defenders on LOS, LBers and Safety delay blitz, Sanches sees it, looks like encroachment, called false start…Looks like encroachment, I think BS Call…..actual replay looks like Hunter moves his hand to grab #93 who is already in the neutral zone. 3rd and 8, 4 reviver set, Sanchez in Shotgun, 1 RB. Defense is standing around looks like 2 down linemen, Corners playing man, except for bottom receiver, 3 LBers Blitz, Safety Blitzes, 1 Receiver is Burress, on a skinny post, clearly being held, but Sancez doesn’t throw, takes the snap…..looks like there is nowhere else to throw the ball….we punt.
My opinion, we havent looked at the film from any Eagle game, or even any play from the previos series, Once again we cant figure out what to do offensively, to include picking up the blitz.

2nd QTR 21-0 Ball on the 9. 1 WR, 1 RB, Jumbo set, we don’t even take up 1/3 of the field. 9 Defenders within 10 yards of the LOC. LT up the middle for 8 yards. 2nd and 2, 1 WR, I formation, 8 defenders in the box, 10 defenders within 10 yards of the LOS. Pitch to LT, no one fooled, 0 gain. 3rd and 2, 3 WR, 1RB, 6 in the box, looks like man to man, busted play, Sanchez fumbles, Eagles recover. Looked like Sanchez thought it was a run, everyone else thought it was a pass.
My opinion. Whatever Shitty has practiced all week, is news to either Sanchez or the rest of the team. Blame is on Sanchez on this one.

28-0, 1st and 10, ball on the 21. 2 WR, I Formation. 8 defenders in the box, 6 yard run. 2nd and 4, pass to Keller, 12 yards. 1st and 10. Deep pass to Keller, for 41 yards…(Holy shit) Great catch. 1st and 10 ) Eagle 20. 2 WR, 2 RB, Quick pass for 5 yards, 2nd and 5, pass, Sanchez sacked, Eagles have 7 in the box, 2 safeties less than 10 yards off the LOS, and playing man. LT looks open out of the backfield, Sanchez doesn’t have much time, Sacked. Eagles blitz 6. 3rd and 11, 4 WR, 1 RB, Sanchez in Shotgun. Eagles have down lineman. Eagles look to back off, in a soft cover zone. 4 man rush, Sanchez throws to # 88, he is double covered, Greene is running a route, looks open for 3 yard gain. The way the formation is, you end up with Burress on the top, 1 on 1, then you have Holmes motion and there is kind of a bunch 3 receiver set. Ball is snapped, Sanchez doesn’t look at Burress at all, but looked like he actually got inside position and was open, not sure how far off the safety is, but isn’t in the picture. The bunch formation is Holmes, 88, and McKnight. They end up with Green running a 3 or 4 yard route, McKnight a 2 yard route, 88 is about a 5 or 6 yard route, and the 3 receivers end up in the same area, like within 10-15 yards of each other, all less than 6 yard downfield. Eagles linebackers sit in between and over the top, easy defensive coverage, and easy knockdown. We settle for a FG.
My opinion. If we cant move the ball down by 28, or call plays to help Sanchez, we arent gonna win shit.

28-3, Jets get it right back on fumbled KO. Ball on the Eagles 24. 3 WR, 2 RB, 8 in the box for the Eagles. Screen to Greene, no gain, nobody fooled. 2nd and 10. 3 WR, 1 RB, Sanchez in shotgun. Pass, Burress is clearly held, but not really looking for the ball. Kind of back shoulder, but clearly PI. 1st and 10. Run, 8 in the box, no gain….Nobody fooled. 2nd and 11, 1 WR, 1 RB. Couple of TEs. 4 DE, 3 LBers running around. Eagles end up with 8 in the box…..Sanchez overthrows Holmes, Flag for holding on the offense. 2nd and 21. 5 receivers, Sancez steps up and makes a perfect throw, TD Holmes. Best throw of the game for Sanchez.
My opinion, Sanchez makes a nice throw, stepping up in the pocket to gain time. Negative, it looks like he looked the whole way at Holmes, throw was in triple coverage, but a perfect throw. Shotty still doesnt have a friggen clue.

28-10, Defense forces a fumble. 1st and 10 @ the Eagle 27. Pass play, End Zone, poor throw by Sanchez, should have been picked. 2nd and 10 Conner up the middle for 7, quick play, 3rd and 3……same bunch 3 WR set, Kerley for a 1st down. 6 man rush, picked up nicely by OL, Good throw to an open WR. 1st and 10, False start….1st and 15. 8th penalty of the day, after the 2 minute warning? WTF? 1 WR, I Formation, 10 Eagles in the box, PA, Sanchez overthrows Keller. Design of play kind of sucks, Sanchez was running for his life. 3rd and 12, Sanchez to LT for 6 yards, Hunter got beat bad, Sanchez stepped up to make the throw. FG.
28-13. We get the ball, Good return by Cromoartie. 1st and 10 ball on the Jets 41. 3 yard run…..2nd and 7. Greene for 3 more yards, 3rd and 4. Sanchez to Kerley for the 1st down. At this point, I give up. I cant write about this anymore.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

Hopefully the Dolphins hire Brian Schottenheimer as their HC or someone does.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 19 December 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

Hopefully the Dolphins hire Brian Schottenheimer as their HC or someone does.

That screen pass on the first drive ticked me off because I am a big believer in the "run it down their throats until they show they can stop it" theory. Personally this one falls on the brain trust of the team. I have posted all year about this stuff but after yesterday, it needs to be said again. If you are unprepared to lose your starting QB because you were negligent in getting a backup who can do more than hand off (Brunell) and still needs time (McElroy), then you do not go into a season or even a game without any plan B in case one of the OL gets hurt (Nick) or just flat out sucks (Hunter). How in the world can they be that stupid?
I can half understand the contract given to Wayne but they played games with Woody and went all of August knowing Hunter was a big gamble and that Vladamir Duke ass was their single best and only backup lineman. A decent lawyer might be able to sue the FO for negligence when Sanchez gets hurt; that is kinda a joke but not 100%
For all the good moves made under Tannenbaum's management, this season backtracking counters them all. We have more needs than an NFL team should ever have. We all know them and even after changing W R's each year, we still don't have a medium term solution. There is enough young talent on the team that we should lower our expectations for one season beyond this one and sign and draft young guys who can and will be playing in green for many years to come.

#4 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

View Postjetfan4life12, on 19 December 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

That screen pass on the first drive ticked me off because I am a big believer in the "run it down their throats until they show they can stop it" theory. Personally this one falls on the brain trust of the team. I have posted all year about this stuff but after yesterday, it needs to be said again. If you are unprepared to lose your starting QB because you were negligent in getting a backup who can do more than hand off (Brunell) and still needs time (McElroy), then you do not go into a season or even a game without any plan B in case one of the OL gets hurt (Nick) or just flat out sucks (Hunter). How in the world can they be that stupid?
I can half understand the contract given to Wayne but they played games with Woody and went all of August knowing Hunter was a big gamble and that Vladamir Duke ass was their single best and only backup lineman. A decent lawyer might be able to sue the FO for negligence when Sanchez gets hurt; that is kinda a joke but not 100%
For all the good moves made under Tannenbaum's management, this season backtracking counters them all. We have more needs than an NFL team should ever have. We all know them and even after changing W R's each year, we still don't have a medium term solution. There is enough young talent on the team that we should lower our expectations for one season beyond this one and sign and draft young guys who can and will be playing in green for many years to come.

The screen pass didnt work all night, and it was called 3 times that I saw. I never saw it agianst those blitzs that Eaggles were killing us with.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users