NYJetsFan.com Forums: Don't Blame Holmes - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Today, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 11:39 AM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Today, 01:05 PM) Messi to Suarez to Neymar and goal
santana Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) My nipples were so stiff
santana Icon : (Today, 01:06 PM) Isco the Spanish Shepard so tenacious gotta order that kit!
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Don't Blame Holmes

#1 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

Listen to the interview after the game. Rex didn't know Holmes was out of the game. Holmes said patrick Turner came and tapped him on the shoulder and took him out. Schitty made the decision to take Holmes out after the argument. Holmes is pissed and been pissed like the rest of us. Matt slauson had more reception than Holmes. Can't let Sanchez off the hook. 2 ints to the defensive line. Unreal. Still no pocket presence. He regressed big time. In games we needed to win, this team flop big time. Leading the league in turn over points is not superbowl worthy. Holmes is proven as a WR. He wasn't right with Schitty schemes. We fix this boring ass team with Schitty's departure. Should be one heck of an offseason. Looking forward to the draft.

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

Holmes is a captain. I don't even know what to say to this. WHY IS THE 50 MILLION DOLLAR MAN ON THE BENCH ON THE LAST DRIVE OF AN IMPORTANT GAME?!

#3 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

A team captain gets benched when he has a history of only really showing up on game winning drives in that exact situation? How pitiful is it that Ryan doesn't have enough control to make sure someone would inform him that it what happening?

Schotty made a pointless decision there since the game was over and his stay with the team is over, but Holmes deserved to get benched before now. This has been brewing all year and it just shows the ineffective management at the personnel level of this team that it bubbles over like that with the playoffs still a (poor) possibility.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 01 January 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

Listen to the interview after the game. Rex didn't know Holmes was out of the game. Holmes said patrick Turner came and tapped him on the shoulder and took him out. Schitty made the decision to take Holmes out after the argument. Holmes is pissed and been pissed like the rest of us. Matt slauson had more reception than Holmes. Can't let Sanchez off the hook. 2 ints to the defensive line. Unreal. Still no pocket presence. He regressed big time. In games we needed to win, this team flop big time. Leading the league in turn over points is not superbowl worthy. Holmes is proven as a WR. He wasn't right with Schitty schemes. We fix this boring ass team with Schitty's departure. Should be one heck of an offseason. Looking forward to the draft.

Wait.

Stop.

Wait.

Rex didn't know Holmes wasn't in the game? How... how do you not know your #1 WR isn't in the game? What is Rex doing on the sideline? This shit was suppose to appease us but it just makes Rex looks like a retard.

#5 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Can't blame Holmes. We would all get pissed if you didn't get the ball the whole game. And you're team is losing with the playoffs on the line. I play WR and I get upset if I don't get the ball thrown to be every serious lol. I can only imagine a whole gamr

#6 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 01 January 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

Wait.

Stop.

Wait.

Rex didn't know Holmes wasn't in the game? How... how do you not know your #1 WR isn't in the game? What is Rex doing on the sideline? This shit was suppose to appease us but it just makes Rex looks like a retard.

Funny thing is he didn't explain it-so either he never bothered to find out or he was keeping the reason a secret for some reason.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Maybe Holmes was so fed up with Schitty that he walked out on him. f*** SCHITTY.

#8 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

Don't make excuses for him, He quit plain and simple. If he's back next year yank that C off his jersey cuz he sure as hell doesn't deserve it. you don't quit on your teammates period

#9 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 01 January 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

Wait.

Stop.

Wait.

Exactly. Rex stood in front of the reporters and said ask Holmes. Rex thought he was hurt. Schitty went over Rex's head and made the decision. He stepped on the boss' toes. Im hoping this is the last act of Schitty. Where the f-ck was he at. Not even seeing Holmes coming off the field. This drama defines our season. Nobody knows nothing.

#10 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

Problem is, Rex has no involvement on offense because he has no clue about it. He is a DC trying to be a HC, and it isn't working. Either we need to do what NO did and bring in someone to just totally take over that side of the ball and fix it without having to be babysit by another OC and have a HC on their staff, or we need a new HC.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

I don't buy it. Either Schotty went AWOL or Rex is lying.

#12 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostJETS RULE, on 01 January 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Don't make excuses for him, He quit plain and simple. If he's back next year yank that C off his jersey cuz he sure as hell doesn't deserve it. you don't quit on your teammates period

How did he quit. He said he got tapped on the shoulder and told to come out. He didn't pull a Deshawn Jackson in philly sat on the bench and stop playing. Schitty is to blame. He's making decisions over Rex. Holmes was never a quitter. This is the worst situation he's ever been in. Mason saw the same BS, spoke about it and got shipped out. Don't believe anything you hear about #11 stepping up and thats why Mason was sent to Houston. B.S

#13 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 01 January 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

How did he quit. He said he got tapped on the shoulder and told to come out. He didn't pull a Deshawn Jackson in philly sat on the bench and stop playing. Schitty is to blame. He's making decisions over Rex. Holmes was never a quitter. This is the worst situation he's ever been in. Mason saw the same BS, spoke about and got shipped out. Don't believe anything you hear about #11 stepping up and thats why Mason was sent to Houston. B.S

He quit the rest of the game when he never got open. Even a player getting bad routes thrown his way should get open at some point. He rarely ever shows up till the end of games. This situation all three parties (Ryan, Schotty, and Holmes...hell, Tannenbaum too) are at fault.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   x80NyJeTs28x Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

He got into a huge argument with Wayne Hunter. I don't blame Schitty for pulling him, was he supposed to sit back and watch Holmes scream at a teammate? Straight from an ESPN article just released: "Hunter got into a shouting match with Holmes after the WR said something the players resented in the huddle" and also "According to the source, Holmes has developed a reputation in the locker room for not working hard during the week." This is obviously something that has been built up for weeks, not just spur of the moment. I don't care what the situation is, you don't pull that garbage. Obviously the Jets players know more about this situation than we do, so as of now, I don't know how you could defend Holmes.
user posted image

#15 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Check it. If Hunter told me I needed to play better I'd be pissed too.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Post2JBallar01, on 01 January 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Can't blame Holmes. We would all get pissed if you didn't get the ball the whole game. And you're team is losing with the playoffs on the line. I play WR and I get upset if I don't get the ball thrown to be every serious lol. I can only imagine a whole gamr

no matter how frustrating it is you dont pull that. you have to be better than that. if you want the ball you dont go yelling at people, that doesnt make them want to get you the ball. It may not have been at Sanchez, but that behavior unacceptable at ANY level, even under those circumstances, let alone as a PROFESSIONAL.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostClemens11, on 01 January 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

no matter how frustrating it is you dont pull that. you have to be better than that. if you want the ball you dont go yelling at people, that doesnt make them want to get you the ball. It may not have been at Sanchez, but that behavior unacceptable at ANY level, even under those circumstances, let alone as a PROFESSIONAL.

Completely agree

#18 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

It's hard to figure out what's going on because we don't know first-hand...but its hard to blame Holmes entirely. He doesn't even get targeted and he's supposed to sit there quietly while Schotty calls terrible plays? He's the captain, maybe he was just trying to make an impact SOMEHOW...or maybe I'm just being too optimistic- who knows?
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#19 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostThe Reverend, on 01 January 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

It's hard to figure out what's going on because we don't know first-hand...but its hard to blame Holmes entirely. He doesn't even get targeted and he's supposed to sit there quietly while Schotty calls terrible plays? He's the captain, maybe he was just trying to make an impact SOMEHOW...or maybe I'm just being too optimistic- who knows?

Captain doesn't mean coach. Schotty tells Santonio what to do, not the other way around.

Even if we hate him, that's the case here.

#20 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 01 January 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

How did he quit. He said he got tapped on the shoulder and told to come out. He didn't pull a Deshawn Jackson in philly sat on the bench and stop playing. Schitty is to blame. He's making decisions over Rex. Holmes was never a quitter. This is the worst situation he's ever been in. Mason saw the same BS, spoke about it and got shipped out. Don't believe anything you hear about #11 stepping up and thats why Mason was sent to Houston. B.S

speak brother!
that "c" means captain not robot. tone's got my respect. if rex won't call out marty's son at least someone will.
schotty pretty much caused sanchez's regression. every thing short and over the middle bullshit.

tanny decided to disrespect d. woody, b.edwards, j. cothery, so the offense had no balls.
rex with all his talk has shown to be a HIPPO-cryte in every sense of the word.
woody j. better fire schotty, tell rex to shut up, tell tanny that the idea is to keep good players not disrespect them...see leon washington.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users