NYJetsFan.com Forums: Just Think... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (19 December 2014 - 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) if he goes anywhere he needs a quality QB. He can't develop a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) Manish wrote a article how the Jets have to hire Nick Caserio as their GM and Josh McDaniels as their HC
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:29 AM) Anything Manish writes is either garbage of stolen.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 07:59 AM) He doesn't develop anything on offense.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) Do we win or do we just lay down and lose and lose bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) Discuss!!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Just Think...

#1 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

Last year...we were just so so so close. And now, were just so so so far away. Same Old Jets.

I didn't even bother watching today's game. I almost forgot we even had a game.

Also, to the person who, before the season, said you rather have Sanchez than Brady. Get a clue.
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 23 August 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

Who would you rather have in the post season? The Patriot's Brady who is 2-3 in the playoffs since they got busted cheating or the 4-2 Jets Sanchez? I know who I'd rather have and his first name sure as hell isn't Tom. It all comes down to what have you done for me lately and Sanchez has come up bigger than Brady.

Brought this back from August. You wanna talk about what have you done for me lately? Lately, Tom Brady won his 9th division title, got a first round bye, and did so with the worst defense in the league. Sanchez cant win a division with a good defense and finally couldn't ride the coattails of his teammates into the playoffs.

So lately, Sanchez sucks, and Brady is still a hall-of-famer.

I'm so frustrated right now. Sanchez is coming back and he's not good. The Jets aren't going to admit they made a mistake so the franchise is just going to continue to be set back. This is like the Pennington stuff all over again. From 2005-2007, no matter how broken Pennington was, they kept sticking with him. The difference was, Pennington was actually a good QB who got hurt and was too fragile for the NFL. Sanchez just isn't good whatsoever.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

See how fast fans turn. Jets have been in the playoffs and have given Jets fans hope quite a bit the last 10-12 years. We've seen a bunch of playoff berths and just recently went to 2 AFC champ games. Jets have 1.. just 1 season in Rex's tenure as head coach and people turn and revert back to same old Jets? This is what I HATE about this fan-base. It's disgusting. See the thing is, the fans, the blogs, the message boards who resort to this silly B.S trickles down to the team and players. It resonates within the team. I know the Jets have fielded some bad teams over the years but the constant influx of same old Jets rhetoric has stained this team. It's like this team could win and get into the playoffs for 10 years but have 1 year they don't and people start with the SOJ crap. :sterb041:

I kinda agree with about Sanchez.

As for Sanchez I tend to agree. I don't think he has the mentality to be "the guy" he looks lost, remember him folding his head on Braylons shoulder during our home game vs phins at home? the deer in the headlights look he gets . Not having no balls to blast a WR for running the wrong route. IT'S YOUR OFFENSE BUD!! ACT LIKE IT'S YOURS. To go along with his awful pocket awareness and erratic accuracy and ball security. (he needed to be taught how to slide) That should have been a red flag right there. I've tried to give him time and be patient but when your 3 years in and your team/ O.C and H.C call wildcat on 3rd and 10 they have ZERO trust in you.

It's frightening because Rex overly believes in him like he's the guy. The offense has been an absolute mess. Like someone said on here. Even bad QB's can get your star WR yards and T.D's.

Guys year 3, has had all the available help he could have, all these mentors, coaches, speakers.. reading books whatever. He just doesn't have it. I don't care who's the offensive coordinator the guy has a hard time playing the position. Do I want him to succeed? of course I just don't see it. He has about 2 scoring drives in him per game. Usually one in the 2Q and one in the 4Q after multiple 3 and outs and stalled drives. I understand the OL and their woes, I know the running game hasn't been what it was supposed to be but damn man. You are getting paid MILLIONS to practice and get better and have every resource at your disposal. Even when we went to the playoffs he was playing like this. WORSE actually.

This season is the past 2 seasons minus the magic and luck.
0

#4 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,071
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

Give me a QB with Pennington's talent and Sanchez's durability and I'll be happy. I miss Pennington...MAKE HIM THE OC!
0

#5 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 438
  • Joined: 19-October 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:49 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 02 January 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

Brought this back from August. You wanna talk about what have you done for me lately? Lately, Tom Brady won his 9th division title, got a first round bye, and did so with the worst defense in the league. Sanchez cant win a division with a good defense and finally couldn't ride the coattails of his teammates into the playoffs.

So lately, Sanchez sucks, and Brady is still a hall-of-famer.

I'm so frustrated right now. Sanchez is coming back and he's not good. The Jets aren't going to admit they made a mistake so the franchise is just going to continue to be set back. This is like the Pennington stuff all over again. From 2005-2007, no matter how broken Pennington was, they kept sticking with him. The difference was, Pennington was actually a good QB who got hurt and was too fragile for the NFL. Sanchez just isn't good whatsoever.

The Jets cannot give up on him yet. Carl Banks said it this week-- "He can make all of the throws and he is athletic.". Was he terrible this year? Yes. But unlike Pennington, there are no physical limitations. Sanchez can give the Jets what Alex Smith gives the Niners... and perhaps a little bit more. Next season should be his final shot. I would bring somene in like Jason Campbell to push him. Don't get caught up in what you see Rodgers and Brady do. The likelihood of getting a quarterback like that is slim to none.
0

#6 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 512
  • Joined: 12-September 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Devils Crotch, AZ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:15 AM

I am not ready to give up on Sanchez yet. I didnt render a decision on if I ""Liked" him til week 6 in his 1st season. The kid is something special & HOPE management doesnt give up on him too soon. Its not like he is vernon Gholston for phuksake! I agree he has to get it & get it FAST, going into season 4 now...but dam as a fan, I HATE our own "die hard" fans who flip flop or dont get behind our QB.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:57 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 02 January 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

See how fast fans turn. Jets have been in the playoffs and have given Jets fans hope quite a bit the last 10-12 years. We've seen a bunch of playoff berths and just recently went to 2 AFC champ games. Jets have 1.. just 1 season in Rex's tenure as head coach and people turn and revert back to same old Jets? This is what I HATE about this fan-base. It's disgusting. See the thing is, the fans, the blogs, the message boards who resort to this silly B.S trickles down to the team and players. It resonates within the team. I know the Jets have fielded some bad teams over the years but the constant influx of same old Jets rhetoric has stained this team. It's like this team could win and get into the playoffs for 10 years but have 1 year they don't and people start with the SOJ crap. :sterb041:

I kinda agree with about Sanchez.

As for Sanchez I tend to agree. I don't think he has the mentality to be "the guy" he looks lost, remember him folding his head on Braylons shoulder during our home game vs phins at home? the deer in the headlights look he gets . Not having no balls to blast a WR for running the wrong route. IT'S YOUR OFFENSE BUD!! ACT LIKE IT'S YOURS. To go along with his awful pocket awareness and erratic accuracy and ball security. (he needed to be taught how to slide) That should have been a red flag right there. I've tried to give him time and be patient but when your 3 years in and your team/ O.C and H.C call wildcat on 3rd and 10 they have ZERO trust in you.

It's frightening because Rex overly believes in him like he's the guy. The offense has been an absolute mess. Like someone said on here. Even bad QB's can get your star WR yards and T.D's.

Guys year 3, has had all the available help he could have, all these mentors, coaches, speakers.. reading books whatever. He just doesn't have it. I don't care who's the offensive coordinator the guy has a hard time playing the position. Do I want him to succeed? of course I just don't see it. He has about 2 scoring drives in him per game. Usually one in the 2Q and one in the 4Q after multiple 3 and outs and stalled drives. I understand the OL and their woes, I know the running game hasn't been what it was supposed to be but damn man. You are getting paid MILLIONS to practice and get better and have every resource at your disposal. Even when we went to the playoffs he was playing like this. WORSE actually.

This season is the past 2 seasons minus the magic and luck.

Okay, its 6 am and I'm tired so I'm only commenting on paragraph 1. There was never any change from being the same old jets. The Jets werent suddenly winners. They were just a team that got close and continued to choke.

In 1998 they had a 10-0 lead against Denver that they choked away.

In 2002 they had the AFC favorite Raiders on the ropes and were tied 10-10 at halftime before failing to show up in the second half.

In 2004, Doug Brien....well, Doug Brien.

In 2009 they had an 11 point lead on Indianapolis and choked it away by getting shut out in the second half.

And last year, everybody couldn't wait. And then nothing happened. 60 minutes away from ending 41 years of emptiness...and the game ended before it even began.

Nothing but chokes...that's just as bad as never winning. It's like being the Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox (pre-2004) at the same time. We never win, and then the few times we put something together, we choke it away. It's really just the same old Jets.

Nevermind the fact that the Jets have won a whopping TWO division titles in their history. And not one since 2002. Oh and remember, the Jets had a chance to take a stranglehold of the division both last year and this year and got blasted by New England twice.

Frankly, I like Rex Ryan. I seem to be in the minority at this point. But he isn't going to give up on Sanchez, and that is going to end up being a problem.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostCamenzind, on 02 January 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:

The Jets cannot give up on him yet. Carl Banks said it this week-- "He can make all of the throws and he is athletic.". Was he terrible this year? Yes. But unlike Pennington, there are no physical limitations. Sanchez can give the Jets what Alex Smith gives the Niners... and perhaps a little bit more. Next season should be his final shot. I would bring somene in like Jason Campbell to push him. Don't get caught up in what you see Rodgers and Brady do. The likelihood of getting a quarterback like that is slim to none.

Um...he CANT make all the throws. I know, I watched him play this year. I mean, once in a while he can hit a receiver. But more often than not, if its not an easy dump off, he's wild. It's quite obvious that if his go-to receiver is taken away from him on a given play, he's done. He can't adjust, he cant get the ball to other guys on the field. He's looking for one guy, on any given play. If he's open, he may get the pass completed; if he's covered, the play is over and Sanchez collapses. So I don't know exactly why people are even trying to make it seem like he's doing things right.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

View PostarizonaJETSfan, on 02 January 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

I am not ready to give up on Sanchez yet. I didnt render a decision on if I ""Liked" him til week 6 in his 1st season. The kid is something special & HOPE management doesnt give up on him too soon. Its not like he is vernon Gholston for phuksake! I agree he has to get it & get it FAST, going into season 4 now...but dam as a fan, I HATE our own "die hard" fans who flip flop or dont get behind our QB.

Hmmm k. Here's the thing with that. I was behind Sanchez until he didn't become a good QB after plenty of time.

Take a look at what Stafford has done, with so much less. And no, just because he has one guy named Calvin Johnson, doesn't mean he has more.

I'm done being behind a QB who isn't any good. I don't care if he's athletic, everyone in the NFL is. I don't care if he can hit a receiver in practice. I'm pretty sure you can do that. I'm a die hard Jets fan, I'm not a die hard Sanchez fan. I'm more interested in winning a Superbowl than giving a lousy QB more time to fail miserably.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:23 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 02 January 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

I didn't even bother watching today's game. I almost forgot we even had a game.


Good news: there are thirty-one other NFL teams for you to go be a fan of.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#11 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostA1elbow, on 02 January 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

Good news: there are thirty-one other NFL teams for you to go be a fan of.

I rather bitch and complain about this one year after year.
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,596
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 02 January 2012 - 04:00 AM, said:

Last year...we were just so so so close. And now, were just so so so far away. Same Old Jets.

I didn't even bother watching today's game. I almost forgot we even had a game.

Also, to the person who, before the season, said you rather have Sanchez than Brady. Get a clue.



I stand by my statement regarding Sanchez. In his "horrible" year, he managed to set a Jets single season TD record with an inept Offensive Coordinator. Sanchez has proven he can win when given time rather than getting blasted and being the most sacked QB of the year. You say that if his #1 receiver is covered, he collapses. Really? How many plays has he extended since he's been here? Another thing regarding how lousy he's done this season......how many half assed or half hearted routes were being run by Plax & Holmes? It's pretty sad when the O-line has to call out a WR for dogging it and not even trying. Who's Sanchez supposed to pass it to if his receivers aren't even trying to get open? If he set the record with the guys he had, how many would he have had if the receivers actually played with a little bit of heart? It's a bit hard to have the league's #1 red zone offense if you don't have a QB that knows what he's doing.

Sanchez has a lot of room for improvement, but stop acting like he's a bust. You know as well as I do that it takes 5 years to develop a QB. For this kid to do what he has done with limited experience, no real consistency with WR's to where he can build a tandem with, an OC that calls nothing but 3-10 yard pass plays or screens is actually more impressive than people credit him for.

Yes.....he gets rattled and at times can't handle the pressure when he fears for his life. Wayne Hunter alone is responsible for just short of 60 knock downs/sacks. Your boys Favre or Pennington would've been on injured reserve long ago. You praise Brady. Let me ask you.....how does Brady perform when he's getting slammed? Exactly the same as Sanchez from what I remember.

What has Brady done lately? Throw for 5000 yards? Big deal. Talk to me if he wins the superbowl. If he doesn't, all of those yards & points don't mean a damn thing and puts him in the same position as Sanchez. Just another QB to not win it all this year. So now who needs to get a clue?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#13 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,998
  • Joined: 14-November 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:binghamton new york

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 02 January 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

In 2009 they had an 11 point lead on Indianapolis and choked it away by getting shut out in the second half.


Hard to call it a choke, when your facing the best QB in history in his house.
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,040
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

With a strong offseason we will be stronger than ever next season, I truly believe that. Sometimes you need to take a step back before you can take that leap forward. If missing the playoffs finally gets rid of Schotty, great, we will probably be better off for it.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users