NYJetsFan.com Forums: Just Think... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 March 2015 - 08:10 PM) lmao
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 March 2015 - 09:53 PM) Jets signing Kellen Davis, TE
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 March 2015 - 10:00 PM) Hes a good blocking TE
JSOTF Icon : (25 March 2015 - 06:02 AM) So, the question is.......Do I invest to go see the Jets vs Fish in England this season????????
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 March 2015 - 07:10 AM) I'm considering going
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 March 2015 - 07:10 AM) My brother is moving to London next year...so I have a reason to be over there
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 March 2015 - 07:10 AM) This August I should say
Smedsthejet Icon : (25 March 2015 - 02:59 PM) You both should do it...I'll buy the first (overpriced) beers as well! Got my ticket back in January
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 March 2015 - 03:02 PM) Smeds if I come over I'll be sure to check you out
santana Icon : (25 March 2015 - 09:58 PM) FIRE FIREMAN ED
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 03:58 AM) Well, I now live accros the pond and maybe some of us could meet up there?
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 03:59 AM) Smeds, where did you get your tickets?
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 05:56 AM) Az bitches!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 06:01 AM) I dont know about all that. As bad as we get over sports the Brits get far worse. You might suffer a huge beat down if you say the wrong thing there. Well maybe not being its televised to the U.S.. Security probably be pretty tight.
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 06:03 AM) Well...... the good thing is I know who to mooch off of now if I go to London.
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 06:47 AM) hahahaha, it isnt European Football!
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:04 AM) Ive seen a lot of videos. Most countries go psycho over their soccer teams. Ive seen some serious very bloody beat downs. Fans stabbing the players and refs,etc. And they say we are bad in the U.S. not even close to that.
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:06 AM) I think one was in Africa....a fan stormed the field and was knifing everyone in sight after his team lost
ROBJETS Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:08 AM) Hell even in mma when the Brits come over they are all cocky as hell. Big time cocky like they are going to easily destroy everyone they face cocky.
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:36 AM) hahahaha
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:36 AM) damn Europeans!
JSOTF Icon : (26 March 2015 - 07:37 AM) They havent fucked with a disgruntled, lifelong Jets fan!!!
Smedsthejet Icon : (26 March 2015 - 02:49 PM) Got my tickets from Ticketmaster the day they went on general sale
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:33 AM) You guys get Bellator in London? http://www.bellator.com/schedule its on Spike tv free regular cable channel. in the U.S. and the prelims are free on http://www.spike.com/
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:37 AM) London is 4 hours ahead of east coast U.S. Bellator prelims are 7pm Friday night U.S. East Coast time and the main card is 9pm So just add 4 hours to that if you can catch either. Im sure you can catch a stream or use a U.S. VPN if you dont have access to Spike.com. You guys might get Bellator on another channel their just like with the UFC.
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:47 AM) Anyway only reason I mentioned it was because of your sense of humor. The last Bellator 134 was called the British Invasion. If you watch mma Might want to add this site to your favorites http://www.mmauk.net...y/bellatornews/
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:55 AM) There was one of those hour long shows about the upcoming event featuring the fighters the prior week to Bellator 134 and all 4 of the Brits were cocky as hell. Yelling "The British are coming!!!!"
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 02:57 AM) By the way 135 is tonight if you are interested. I used to watch pretty much all the televised mma now I stick with Bellator and UFC only
ROBJETS Icon : (27 March 2015 - 03:07 AM) that last link is a UK mma site. Only reason i added it. http://www.sherdog.com/ is pretty much the best mma site on the net for everything mma
JSOTF Icon : (27 March 2015 - 07:08 AM) I actually live in Germany
azjetfan Icon : (27 March 2015 - 09:08 PM) Just got done sitting in traffic for 3 hours in Louisville KY.
azjetfan Icon : (27 March 2015 - 09:09 PM) Unbelievably poor planning by the DOT.
santana Icon : (28 March 2015 - 05:48 PM) Favre on my TV selling shaving razors so I bought a years supply
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:12 PM) Soooo has anyone had any experience with the new Sling Tv?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) $20 a month gets you ESPN and 15 other channels.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:18 PM) All streamed.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:57 PM) negative
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:58 PM) I'm a fan of the apple tv though. I just use a clients fios tv account to access the different services like watch espn
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:59 PM) i also have hbo go netflix amazon prime. with hd antennas i get the local channels as well.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:00 PM) I tried the watch ESPN ap but since I cancelled my DTV it said I needed a provider.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:10 PM) yep need an account
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) nbc sports app also works really well I airplay that to the appletv
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:01 PM) Alright signed up for the sling TV bit.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:01 PM) Pretty cool so far.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:56 AM) mock drafts have mariota going to the jets and the rest seem to have no clue
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Just Think...

#1 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

Last year...we were just so so so close. And now, were just so so so far away. Same Old Jets.

I didn't even bother watching today's game. I almost forgot we even had a game.

Also, to the person who, before the season, said you rather have Sanchez than Brady. Get a clue.
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 23 August 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

Who would you rather have in the post season? The Patriot's Brady who is 2-3 in the playoffs since they got busted cheating or the 4-2 Jets Sanchez? I know who I'd rather have and his first name sure as hell isn't Tom. It all comes down to what have you done for me lately and Sanchez has come up bigger than Brady.

Brought this back from August. You wanna talk about what have you done for me lately? Lately, Tom Brady won his 9th division title, got a first round bye, and did so with the worst defense in the league. Sanchez cant win a division with a good defense and finally couldn't ride the coattails of his teammates into the playoffs.

So lately, Sanchez sucks, and Brady is still a hall-of-famer.

I'm so frustrated right now. Sanchez is coming back and he's not good. The Jets aren't going to admit they made a mistake so the franchise is just going to continue to be set back. This is like the Pennington stuff all over again. From 2005-2007, no matter how broken Pennington was, they kept sticking with him. The difference was, Pennington was actually a good QB who got hurt and was too fragile for the NFL. Sanchez just isn't good whatsoever.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

See how fast fans turn. Jets have been in the playoffs and have given Jets fans hope quite a bit the last 10-12 years. We've seen a bunch of playoff berths and just recently went to 2 AFC champ games. Jets have 1.. just 1 season in Rex's tenure as head coach and people turn and revert back to same old Jets? This is what I HATE about this fan-base. It's disgusting. See the thing is, the fans, the blogs, the message boards who resort to this silly B.S trickles down to the team and players. It resonates within the team. I know the Jets have fielded some bad teams over the years but the constant influx of same old Jets rhetoric has stained this team. It's like this team could win and get into the playoffs for 10 years but have 1 year they don't and people start with the SOJ crap. :sterb041:

I kinda agree with about Sanchez.

As for Sanchez I tend to agree. I don't think he has the mentality to be "the guy" he looks lost, remember him folding his head on Braylons shoulder during our home game vs phins at home? the deer in the headlights look he gets . Not having no balls to blast a WR for running the wrong route. IT'S YOUR OFFENSE BUD!! ACT LIKE IT'S YOURS. To go along with his awful pocket awareness and erratic accuracy and ball security. (he needed to be taught how to slide) That should have been a red flag right there. I've tried to give him time and be patient but when your 3 years in and your team/ O.C and H.C call wildcat on 3rd and 10 they have ZERO trust in you.

It's frightening because Rex overly believes in him like he's the guy. The offense has been an absolute mess. Like someone said on here. Even bad QB's can get your star WR yards and T.D's.

Guys year 3, has had all the available help he could have, all these mentors, coaches, speakers.. reading books whatever. He just doesn't have it. I don't care who's the offensive coordinator the guy has a hard time playing the position. Do I want him to succeed? of course I just don't see it. He has about 2 scoring drives in him per game. Usually one in the 2Q and one in the 4Q after multiple 3 and outs and stalled drives. I understand the OL and their woes, I know the running game hasn't been what it was supposed to be but damn man. You are getting paid MILLIONS to practice and get better and have every resource at your disposal. Even when we went to the playoffs he was playing like this. WORSE actually.

This season is the past 2 seasons minus the magic and luck.
0

#4 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,154
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

Give me a QB with Pennington's talent and Sanchez's durability and I'll be happy. I miss Pennington...MAKE HIM THE OC!
0

#5 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 442
  • Joined: 19-October 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:49 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 02 January 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

Brought this back from August. You wanna talk about what have you done for me lately? Lately, Tom Brady won his 9th division title, got a first round bye, and did so with the worst defense in the league. Sanchez cant win a division with a good defense and finally couldn't ride the coattails of his teammates into the playoffs.

So lately, Sanchez sucks, and Brady is still a hall-of-famer.

I'm so frustrated right now. Sanchez is coming back and he's not good. The Jets aren't going to admit they made a mistake so the franchise is just going to continue to be set back. This is like the Pennington stuff all over again. From 2005-2007, no matter how broken Pennington was, they kept sticking with him. The difference was, Pennington was actually a good QB who got hurt and was too fragile for the NFL. Sanchez just isn't good whatsoever.

The Jets cannot give up on him yet. Carl Banks said it this week-- "He can make all of the throws and he is athletic.". Was he terrible this year? Yes. But unlike Pennington, there are no physical limitations. Sanchez can give the Jets what Alex Smith gives the Niners... and perhaps a little bit more. Next season should be his final shot. I would bring somene in like Jason Campbell to push him. Don't get caught up in what you see Rodgers and Brady do. The likelihood of getting a quarterback like that is slim to none.
0

#6 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 512
  • Joined: 12-September 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Devils Crotch, AZ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:15 AM

I am not ready to give up on Sanchez yet. I didnt render a decision on if I ""Liked" him til week 6 in his 1st season. The kid is something special & HOPE management doesnt give up on him too soon. Its not like he is vernon Gholston for phuksake! I agree he has to get it & get it FAST, going into season 4 now...but dam as a fan, I HATE our own "die hard" fans who flip flop or dont get behind our QB.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:57 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 02 January 2012 - 04:39 AM, said:

See how fast fans turn. Jets have been in the playoffs and have given Jets fans hope quite a bit the last 10-12 years. We've seen a bunch of playoff berths and just recently went to 2 AFC champ games. Jets have 1.. just 1 season in Rex's tenure as head coach and people turn and revert back to same old Jets? This is what I HATE about this fan-base. It's disgusting. See the thing is, the fans, the blogs, the message boards who resort to this silly B.S trickles down to the team and players. It resonates within the team. I know the Jets have fielded some bad teams over the years but the constant influx of same old Jets rhetoric has stained this team. It's like this team could win and get into the playoffs for 10 years but have 1 year they don't and people start with the SOJ crap. :sterb041:

I kinda agree with about Sanchez.

As for Sanchez I tend to agree. I don't think he has the mentality to be "the guy" he looks lost, remember him folding his head on Braylons shoulder during our home game vs phins at home? the deer in the headlights look he gets . Not having no balls to blast a WR for running the wrong route. IT'S YOUR OFFENSE BUD!! ACT LIKE IT'S YOURS. To go along with his awful pocket awareness and erratic accuracy and ball security. (he needed to be taught how to slide) That should have been a red flag right there. I've tried to give him time and be patient but when your 3 years in and your team/ O.C and H.C call wildcat on 3rd and 10 they have ZERO trust in you.

It's frightening because Rex overly believes in him like he's the guy. The offense has been an absolute mess. Like someone said on here. Even bad QB's can get your star WR yards and T.D's.

Guys year 3, has had all the available help he could have, all these mentors, coaches, speakers.. reading books whatever. He just doesn't have it. I don't care who's the offensive coordinator the guy has a hard time playing the position. Do I want him to succeed? of course I just don't see it. He has about 2 scoring drives in him per game. Usually one in the 2Q and one in the 4Q after multiple 3 and outs and stalled drives. I understand the OL and their woes, I know the running game hasn't been what it was supposed to be but damn man. You are getting paid MILLIONS to practice and get better and have every resource at your disposal. Even when we went to the playoffs he was playing like this. WORSE actually.

This season is the past 2 seasons minus the magic and luck.

Okay, its 6 am and I'm tired so I'm only commenting on paragraph 1. There was never any change from being the same old jets. The Jets werent suddenly winners. They were just a team that got close and continued to choke.

In 1998 they had a 10-0 lead against Denver that they choked away.

In 2002 they had the AFC favorite Raiders on the ropes and were tied 10-10 at halftime before failing to show up in the second half.

In 2004, Doug Brien....well, Doug Brien.

In 2009 they had an 11 point lead on Indianapolis and choked it away by getting shut out in the second half.

And last year, everybody couldn't wait. And then nothing happened. 60 minutes away from ending 41 years of emptiness...and the game ended before it even began.

Nothing but chokes...that's just as bad as never winning. It's like being the Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox (pre-2004) at the same time. We never win, and then the few times we put something together, we choke it away. It's really just the same old Jets.

Nevermind the fact that the Jets have won a whopping TWO division titles in their history. And not one since 2002. Oh and remember, the Jets had a chance to take a stranglehold of the division both last year and this year and got blasted by New England twice.

Frankly, I like Rex Ryan. I seem to be in the minority at this point. But he isn't going to give up on Sanchez, and that is going to end up being a problem.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostCamenzind, on 02 January 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:

The Jets cannot give up on him yet. Carl Banks said it this week-- "He can make all of the throws and he is athletic.". Was he terrible this year? Yes. But unlike Pennington, there are no physical limitations. Sanchez can give the Jets what Alex Smith gives the Niners... and perhaps a little bit more. Next season should be his final shot. I would bring somene in like Jason Campbell to push him. Don't get caught up in what you see Rodgers and Brady do. The likelihood of getting a quarterback like that is slim to none.

Um...he CANT make all the throws. I know, I watched him play this year. I mean, once in a while he can hit a receiver. But more often than not, if its not an easy dump off, he's wild. It's quite obvious that if his go-to receiver is taken away from him on a given play, he's done. He can't adjust, he cant get the ball to other guys on the field. He's looking for one guy, on any given play. If he's open, he may get the pass completed; if he's covered, the play is over and Sanchez collapses. So I don't know exactly why people are even trying to make it seem like he's doing things right.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:07 AM

View PostarizonaJETSfan, on 02 January 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

I am not ready to give up on Sanchez yet. I didnt render a decision on if I ""Liked" him til week 6 in his 1st season. The kid is something special & HOPE management doesnt give up on him too soon. Its not like he is vernon Gholston for phuksake! I agree he has to get it & get it FAST, going into season 4 now...but dam as a fan, I HATE our own "die hard" fans who flip flop or dont get behind our QB.

Hmmm k. Here's the thing with that. I was behind Sanchez until he didn't become a good QB after plenty of time.

Take a look at what Stafford has done, with so much less. And no, just because he has one guy named Calvin Johnson, doesn't mean he has more.

I'm done being behind a QB who isn't any good. I don't care if he's athletic, everyone in the NFL is. I don't care if he can hit a receiver in practice. I'm pretty sure you can do that. I'm a die hard Jets fan, I'm not a die hard Sanchez fan. I'm more interested in winning a Superbowl than giving a lousy QB more time to fail miserably.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:23 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 02 January 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

I didn't even bother watching today's game. I almost forgot we even had a game.


Good news: there are thirty-one other NFL teams for you to go be a fan of.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#11 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 669
  • Joined: 10-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ/Las Vegas

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostA1elbow, on 02 January 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

Good news: there are thirty-one other NFL teams for you to go be a fan of.

I rather bitch and complain about this one year after year.
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,644
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 02 January 2012 - 04:00 AM, said:

Last year...we were just so so so close. And now, were just so so so far away. Same Old Jets.

I didn't even bother watching today's game. I almost forgot we even had a game.

Also, to the person who, before the season, said you rather have Sanchez than Brady. Get a clue.



I stand by my statement regarding Sanchez. In his "horrible" year, he managed to set a Jets single season TD record with an inept Offensive Coordinator. Sanchez has proven he can win when given time rather than getting blasted and being the most sacked QB of the year. You say that if his #1 receiver is covered, he collapses. Really? How many plays has he extended since he's been here? Another thing regarding how lousy he's done this season......how many half assed or half hearted routes were being run by Plax & Holmes? It's pretty sad when the O-line has to call out a WR for dogging it and not even trying. Who's Sanchez supposed to pass it to if his receivers aren't even trying to get open? If he set the record with the guys he had, how many would he have had if the receivers actually played with a little bit of heart? It's a bit hard to have the league's #1 red zone offense if you don't have a QB that knows what he's doing.

Sanchez has a lot of room for improvement, but stop acting like he's a bust. You know as well as I do that it takes 5 years to develop a QB. For this kid to do what he has done with limited experience, no real consistency with WR's to where he can build a tandem with, an OC that calls nothing but 3-10 yard pass plays or screens is actually more impressive than people credit him for.

Yes.....he gets rattled and at times can't handle the pressure when he fears for his life. Wayne Hunter alone is responsible for just short of 60 knock downs/sacks. Your boys Favre or Pennington would've been on injured reserve long ago. You praise Brady. Let me ask you.....how does Brady perform when he's getting slammed? Exactly the same as Sanchez from what I remember.

What has Brady done lately? Throw for 5000 yards? Big deal. Talk to me if he wins the superbowl. If he doesn't, all of those yards & points don't mean a damn thing and puts him in the same position as Sanchez. Just another QB to not win it all this year. So now who needs to get a clue?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#13 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,998
  • Joined: 14-November 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:binghamton new york

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 02 January 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

In 2009 they had an 11 point lead on Indianapolis and choked it away by getting shut out in the second half.


Hard to call it a choke, when your facing the best QB in history in his house.
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,109
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

With a strong offseason we will be stronger than ever next season, I truly believe that. Sometimes you need to take a step back before you can take that leap forward. If missing the playoffs finally gets rid of Schotty, great, we will probably be better off for it.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users