NYJetsFan.com Forums: If You Were Woody J.? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets Sign Fitzpatrick - 1 Yr 12Mil Guaranteed
vjdbbq Icon : (22 June 2016 - 07:29 AM) No Mario ; you will be there alone .
MikeGangGree... Icon : (25 June 2016 - 07:15 PM) FIRE FITZPATRICK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 June 2016 - 12:00 PM) Sheldon Richardson suspended for 1 game for violating league substance abuse policy
ganggreen2003 Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:06 PM) The JETS shouldn't of signed wilkerson to such a big contract
ganggreen2003 Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:07 PM) he doesn't deserve $17 mil/year cause he is coming off an injury...he should of earned it by playing this year as the Franchise tag and then if he played lights out then you open the vault
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:21 PM) WOOOOOOOO
RetireChrebet Icon : (15 July 2016 - 04:58 PM) How much guaranteed money? also does this mean hes here for 6 years since he's tagged? how does that work?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 July 2016 - 10:20 PM) Now cut that street thug Wilkerson!!
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:47 AM) 54 million guaranteed
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:48 AM) 54 guaranteed against injury but 37 in straight guaranteed money without injury
NJAzrael71 Icon : (16 July 2016 - 03:49 AM) Should've waited till after the season to see how he comes off the injury but I guess they figure he wouldn't have signed if they waited another year
vjdbbq Icon : (17 July 2016 - 07:32 PM) Where is ROB and his ass ?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 July 2016 - 10:27 AM) guess that means richardson is gone after this season. Maybe we can franchise and trade him
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 July 2016 - 08:52 AM) whos running fantasy football league this year? brotana?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (22 July 2016 - 10:25 AM) darron lee still isn't signed... greedy street thug lol
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2016 - 05:31 PM) Rich is under contract for next year and we used a team option for 17 already so he's a jet for 2 more year's for sure unless we trade him.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 July 2016 - 02:38 PM) We need to quit screwing around and sign Fitzpatrick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2016 - 11:34 AM) Jets salary cap situation is tough next season, gonna have to make adjustments
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2016 - 11:35 AM) the contract for Wilkerson is actually pretty good for both sides, after the first couple seasons nothing is guaranteed and they can cut him.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2016 - 11:36 AM) the jets probably should trade Richardson, hopefully he has a monster season and we have tons of leverage and deal him off for ransom
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2016 - 11:36 AM) Because we cannot afford to keep everyone on the DL
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2016 - 10:20 AM) we have 20 mil in space next offseason and not many people to sign. We should be ok next year. this year was worse. we could tag and trade richardson if need be. I think he will be gone too
vjdbbq Icon : (26 July 2016 - 07:28 AM) WE NEED FITZ WE NEED FITZ WE NEED FITZ
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 July 2016 - 09:51 AM) Yes we do need Fitz
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 July 2016 - 10:58 AM) devin hester got cut by ATL today, anyone think we should grab him for special teams?
vjdbbq Icon : (26 July 2016 - 01:56 PM) Grab hester immediately
vjdbbq Icon : (26 July 2016 - 01:56 PM) GM Mike , GET HESTER
vjdbbq Icon : (26 July 2016 - 01:57 PM) Where is everybody ?
santana Icon : (26 July 2016 - 01:59 PM) http://www.thedrawpl...oundhogJets.png
santana Icon : (26 July 2016 - 03:05 PM) Jets don't need Hester. KR is really just not a priority in The nfl anymore
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:04 PM) We signed Fitzpatrick!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:04 PM) WOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:04 PM) now let's f***ing go!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) ,we
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) 1 year 12 million
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) so .....
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) what happens now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) lol
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 PM) Ric flair party!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:21 PM) A
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:21 PM) Lee Signed also!! WOOOOO
vjdbbq Icon : (Today, 06:03 AM) yeah baby
vjdbbq Icon : (Today, 06:04 AM) playoffs here we come
vjdbbq Icon : (Today, 06:04 AM) We need a punt returner ; grab Hester
vjdbbq Icon : (Today, 06:05 AM) Shut up santana
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

If You Were Woody J.?

#1 User is offline   jet-man Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 196
  • Joined: 04-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

there are so many ways to go here, but i'll keep it short.
tell rex... no more talking. no more being a distraction as a coach.

as for shitty boy...uh have a nice life. don't get me started. which turns me to tanny.

hey tanny...get me an o.c. that can live up to the name of the position.
and get me some damn players. stop stiffing guys like leon wash., b. edwards, j-Co., etc.

as for the team, no more embarassments on or off the field or you will be replaced.
0

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

NORV TURNER!!!
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   SackExchange71 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 28-May 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nassau-518- New York.
  • Interests:STRIVE TOBE THE BEST CRAFT BiER BREW MASTER PERIOD!

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

i dont think norv is going anywhere,not to many options for HC canidates.plus it sounds good to have him as are Oc,But hes kind of a air it out coach, do u trust sandchez to be in that kind of system hes no Philip rivers
0

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

Schotty is gone. It will likely be either Callahan, McDaniels or Turner.

However I really don't think it will be Turner. Rex wants to run the football and play defense. Rex will likely look for an O.C that will run the football. Norv wants to pass and personally I don't think Sanchez could handle Norv Turners system anyways. I think it would be a disaster.
0

#5 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

Are you kidding me!!!??? First of all Norv is renowned for his ability to develop quarterbacks, secondly he's always had a balanced attack with his RB's.

He has had Emmitt Smith, Franke Gore, and LT in his offenses.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,946
  • Joined: 10-March 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

Just going to point out that Frank Gore had his career high in carries in 2006 when Norv was his OC. And when he was with Emmitt(91-93), Emmitt went over 360 carries twice. He was the OC for the Dolphins in 02 and 03. Ricky Williams had 383(02) and 392(03) carries. At the time those occurred, they were career highs for Williams.

Norv hasn't forsaken the running game in his career, but I believe he would need a better back than Greene to have a successful offense here. Just look at who he has used.

Emmitt Smith, Ricky Williams, Frank Gore, and L.T..

More like Norv Turner likes to run the ball and push it down field. If he has the talent, he knows how to utilize it. He's shown this throughout his coaching career.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,981
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostMoMilk1991, on 03 January 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

Just going to point out that Frank Gore had his career high in carries in 2006 when Norv was his OC. And when he was with Emmitt(91-93), Emmitt went over 360 carries twice. He was the OC for the Dolphins in 02 and 03. Ricky Williams had 383(02) and 392(03) carries. At the time those occurred, they were career highs for Williams.

Norv hasn't forsaken the running game in his career, but I believe he would need a better back than Greene to have a successful offense here. Just look at who he has used.

Emmitt Smith, Ricky Williams, Frank Gore, and L.T..

More like Norv Turner likes to run the ball and push it down field. If he has the talent, he knows how to utilize it. He's shown this throughout his coaching career.


Bingo LT was on the decline and he turned to rivers
Just look at their current backs they are very similar to what the jets have. Mathews is a younger LT and Tolbert is as shifty as Greene
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 02 January 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Are you kidding me!!!??? First of all Norv is renowned for his ability to develop quarterbacks, secondly he's always had a balanced attack with his RB's.

He has had Emmitt Smith, Franke Gore, and LT in his offenses.


No I'm not kidding you. First of all Turner and A.J are looking like their going to stay in San Diego anyways which makes all of this moot. But we can play the game just for fun. I've been vocal for Turner becoming the Jets next O.C. Rex is a stubborn man, he's an old school coach. What does that mean? we all know. Play defense and ground and pound. To me and you, we seen the history of Norv, we see Rivers and the aerial attack, to you and I it's a no brainer, sign me up for Norv everyday and twice on Sunday BUT to Rex, a throwback coach ground n' pound,play tough defense and perennially has drafted players to fit that mold. John Conner, Shonn Greene, L.T., prototypical I-form power run sets how he really covets WR's who block well on the outside it screams ground and pound. Rex has a vision for this franchise and that's it. That's the mold. Now getting Norv Turner would basically undo (not intentionally) what Rex is trying to create here and that's why EVEN IF he was available would be a long shot I personally think.

Another thing I have a hard time with is Callahan on the roster. I mean here you have an ex head coach, been to a superbowl, a plethora of experience and he's just an OL coach? When he was hired something told me that the OL coach position was just a stepping stone for when Schotty is fired or he moves on. Now I'm a little miffed because Jets offered him an extension as an OL coach and he declined which kind of derails my initial thought of the plans the Jets had for him. Guess we'll have to stay tuned for that.

Good stuff on numbers MoStat :tongue: No question Norv is a beast but Head coaches dictated a lot of how Norv called games, plus why wouldn't you wanna run with Emmit Smith? It would be asinine not to. In this NFL no question he would be forcing the pass (which I like) but is it what Rex wants? That's all I'm saying.
0

#9 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 03 January 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

No I'm not kidding you. First of all Turner and A.J are looking like their going to stay in San Diego anyways which makes all of this moot. But we can play the game just for fun. I've been vocal for Turner becoming the Jets next O.C. Rex is a stubborn man, he's an old school coach. What does that mean? we all know. Play defense and ground and pound. To me and you, we seen the history of Norv, we see Rivers and the aerial attack, to you and I it's a no brainer, sign me up for Norv everyday and twice on Sunday BUT to Rex, a throwback coach ground n' pound,play tough defense and perennially has drafted players to fit that mold. John Conner, Shonn Greene, L.T., prototypical I-form power run sets how he really covets WR's who block well on the outside it screams ground and pound. Rex has a vision for this franchise and that's it. That's the mold. Now getting Norv Turner would basically undo (not intentionally) what Rex is trying to create here and that's why EVEN IF he was available would be a long shot I personally think.

Another thing I have a hard time with is Callahan on the roster. I mean here you have an ex head coach, been to a superbowl, a plethora of experience and he's just an OL coach? When he was hired something told me that the OL coach position was just a stepping stone for when Schotty is fired or he moves on. Now I'm a little miffed because Jets offered him an extension as an OL coach and he declined which kind of derails my initial thought of the plans the Jets had for him. Guess we'll have to stay tuned for that.

Good stuff on numbers MoStat :tongue: No question Norv is a beast but Head coaches dictated a lot of how Norv called games, plus why wouldn't you wanna run with Emmit Smith? It would be asinine not to. In this NFL no question he would be forcing the pass (which I like) but is it what Rex wants? That's all I'm saying.


I think Norv pushes the ball downfield with Rivers because Rivers is one of the best deep ball throwers in the NFL. It's the whole scheme to the strengths of your players things...huhuh. GO figure.

Not like Schotty who tries to make a struggling QB throw the ball 60 times a game against a weak run defense.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users