NYJetsFan.com Forums: If You Were Woody J.? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) This isn't congress
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) this is srszz bizness
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) MGG FOR MOD IN 15!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) so do we beat the pats or just let them get the easy win
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) At this point I am all about ruining their chance for home field.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Today, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Today, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Today, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Today, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Today, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Today, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Today, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Today, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Today, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Today, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

If You Were Woody J.?

#1 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

there are so many ways to go here, but i'll keep it short.
tell rex... no more talking. no more being a distraction as a coach.

as for shitty boy...uh have a nice life. don't get me started. which turns me to tanny.

hey tanny...get me an o.c. that can live up to the name of the position.
and get me some damn players. stop stiffing guys like leon wash., b. edwards, j-Co., etc.

as for the team, no more embarassments on or off the field or you will be replaced.

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

NORV TURNER!!!
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   SackExchange71 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Interests:STRIVE TOBE THE BEST CRAFT BiER BREW MASTER PERIOD!

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

i dont think norv is going anywhere,not to many options for HC canidates.plus it sounds good to have him as are Oc,But hes kind of a air it out coach, do u trust sandchez to be in that kind of system hes no Philip rivers

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

Schotty is gone. It will likely be either Callahan, McDaniels or Turner.

However I really don't think it will be Turner. Rex wants to run the football and play defense. Rex will likely look for an O.C that will run the football. Norv wants to pass and personally I don't think Sanchez could handle Norv Turners system anyways. I think it would be a disaster.

#5 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

Are you kidding me!!!??? First of all Norv is renowned for his ability to develop quarterbacks, secondly he's always had a balanced attack with his RB's.

He has had Emmitt Smith, Franke Gore, and LT in his offenses.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

Just going to point out that Frank Gore had his career high in carries in 2006 when Norv was his OC. And when he was with Emmitt(91-93), Emmitt went over 360 carries twice. He was the OC for the Dolphins in 02 and 03. Ricky Williams had 383(02) and 392(03) carries. At the time those occurred, they were career highs for Williams.

Norv hasn't forsaken the running game in his career, but I believe he would need a better back than Greene to have a successful offense here. Just look at who he has used.

Emmitt Smith, Ricky Williams, Frank Gore, and L.T..

More like Norv Turner likes to run the ball and push it down field. If he has the talent, he knows how to utilize it. He's shown this throughout his coaching career.
Posted Image

#7 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostMoMilk1991, on 03 January 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

Just going to point out that Frank Gore had his career high in carries in 2006 when Norv was his OC. And when he was with Emmitt(91-93), Emmitt went over 360 carries twice. He was the OC for the Dolphins in 02 and 03. Ricky Williams had 383(02) and 392(03) carries. At the time those occurred, they were career highs for Williams.

Norv hasn't forsaken the running game in his career, but I believe he would need a better back than Greene to have a successful offense here. Just look at who he has used.

Emmitt Smith, Ricky Williams, Frank Gore, and L.T..

More like Norv Turner likes to run the ball and push it down field. If he has the talent, he knows how to utilize it. He's shown this throughout his coaching career.

Bingo LT was on the decline and he turned to rivers
Just look at their current backs they are very similar to what the jets have. Mathews is a younger LT and Tolbert is as shifty as Greene
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 02 January 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Are you kidding me!!!??? First of all Norv is renowned for his ability to develop quarterbacks, secondly he's always had a balanced attack with his RB's.

He has had Emmitt Smith, Franke Gore, and LT in his offenses.

No I'm not kidding you. First of all Turner and A.J are looking like their going to stay in San Diego anyways which makes all of this moot. But we can play the game just for fun. I've been vocal for Turner becoming the Jets next O.C. Rex is a stubborn man, he's an old school coach. What does that mean? we all know. Play defense and ground and pound. To me and you, we seen the history of Norv, we see Rivers and the aerial attack, to you and I it's a no brainer, sign me up for Norv everyday and twice on Sunday BUT to Rex, a throwback coach ground n' pound,play tough defense and perennially has drafted players to fit that mold. John Conner, Shonn Greene, L.T., prototypical I-form power run sets how he really covets WR's who block well on the outside it screams ground and pound. Rex has a vision for this franchise and that's it. That's the mold. Now getting Norv Turner would basically undo (not intentionally) what Rex is trying to create here and that's why EVEN IF he was available would be a long shot I personally think.

Another thing I have a hard time with is Callahan on the roster. I mean here you have an ex head coach, been to a superbowl, a plethora of experience and he's just an OL coach? When he was hired something told me that the OL coach position was just a stepping stone for when Schotty is fired or he moves on. Now I'm a little miffed because Jets offered him an extension as an OL coach and he declined which kind of derails my initial thought of the plans the Jets had for him. Guess we'll have to stay tuned for that.

Good stuff on numbers MoStat :tongue: No question Norv is a beast but Head coaches dictated a lot of how Norv called games, plus why wouldn't you wanna run with Emmit Smith? It would be asinine not to. In this NFL no question he would be forcing the pass (which I like) but is it what Rex wants? That's all I'm saying.

#9 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 03 January 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

No I'm not kidding you. First of all Turner and A.J are looking like their going to stay in San Diego anyways which makes all of this moot. But we can play the game just for fun. I've been vocal for Turner becoming the Jets next O.C. Rex is a stubborn man, he's an old school coach. What does that mean? we all know. Play defense and ground and pound. To me and you, we seen the history of Norv, we see Rivers and the aerial attack, to you and I it's a no brainer, sign me up for Norv everyday and twice on Sunday BUT to Rex, a throwback coach ground n' pound,play tough defense and perennially has drafted players to fit that mold. John Conner, Shonn Greene, L.T., prototypical I-form power run sets how he really covets WR's who block well on the outside it screams ground and pound. Rex has a vision for this franchise and that's it. That's the mold. Now getting Norv Turner would basically undo (not intentionally) what Rex is trying to create here and that's why EVEN IF he was available would be a long shot I personally think.

Another thing I have a hard time with is Callahan on the roster. I mean here you have an ex head coach, been to a superbowl, a plethora of experience and he's just an OL coach? When he was hired something told me that the OL coach position was just a stepping stone for when Schotty is fired or he moves on. Now I'm a little miffed because Jets offered him an extension as an OL coach and he declined which kind of derails my initial thought of the plans the Jets had for him. Guess we'll have to stay tuned for that.

Good stuff on numbers MoStat :tongue: No question Norv is a beast but Head coaches dictated a lot of how Norv called games, plus why wouldn't you wanna run with Emmit Smith? It would be asinine not to. In this NFL no question he would be forcing the pass (which I like) but is it what Rex wants? That's all I'm saying.

I think Norv pushes the ball downfield with Rivers because Rivers is one of the best deep ball throwers in the NFL. It's the whole scheme to the strengths of your players things...huhuh. GO figure.

Not like Schotty who tries to make a struggling QB throw the ball 60 times a game against a weak run defense.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users