NYJetsFan.com Forums: Boomer Torches Rex, Sanchez - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 10:16 AM) Start him at cornerback! -gmany
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:06 PM) feels good to be right
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) The next GM we hire, I'm going to say I dislike him and that he should be fired once hes hired so that when hes eventually fired I am right. Because no one will succeed with the Jets, the probability of predicting failure with this team is as likely as the sun rising the next day.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:57 PM) yeah but izdik always rubbed me the wrong way, i never said ti about any other GM so quick. i could tell the guy was inept. call it intuition, a lucky guess etc etc either way i called this shit and i was right quickly. not 10 years down the road
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Boomer Torches Rex, Sanchez Sanchez is a chihuahua entering the Midtown Tunnel

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

Boomer torches Rex, Sanchez http://espn.go.com/b...hes-rex-sanchez

Say this for Boomer Esiason: He's not shy about expressing his opinion. On Wednesday morning, the former Jets quarterback was a guest on a Boston radio station and torched his old team, ripping Rex Ryan, GM Mike Tannenbaum and QB Mark Sanchez.

Actually, "ripped" might be an understatement. He napalmed the Jets, especially Sanchez, whom he referred to as a "chihuahua standing on Madison Avenue and 36th Street entering the Midtown Tunnel, eyes bigger than you-know-what."

This is what Esiason, a studio analyst for CBS, had to say about the Jets' collapse, according to quotes that appear on WEEI's web site:

"I think that Rex Ryan's ways have come back to haunt him. And Mike Tannenbaum, the general manager down here, has a lot of responsibility in this regard, because they have put a lot of bad guys together in this locker room. There's a good core of players for the New York Jets. But unfortunately, all it takes is one guy. And Rex Ryan giving Santonio Holmes the captain's 'C' on the chest was an absolute embarrassment. It's a slap in the face of all the good guys in that locker room.

"They have a major problem with [Holmes], because they're going to owe him $15 million guaranteed over the next two years if, in fact, they keep him on the roster next year. They can't cut him, I don't think. And I don't think anybody's going to want to trade for him. So, they've got themselves a handful."

Esiason turned his attention to Sanchez, with this:

"And then this morning in the paper, Jets fans don't want Mark Sanchez back. But this is the world of the Jets. It stays together for a little bit, and then all of a sudden it spirals out of control. And then they have a head coach that kind of exacerbates all of it."

Asked about the possibility of Peyton Manning going to the Jets, Esiason said: "Everywhere you look, that's what they're saying. But first of all, we don't even know if Peyton's able to play. If Peyton is able to play and the new general manager and whoever they hire to run that team out there decides to go without Peyton Manning, then I'm sure that the Jets will be sniffing around. Because that's what the Jets do.

"They're trying to find their Tom Brady. They're trying to find their Aaron Rodgers. And I don't think, in their mind, they think that they feel like they've found the kid. If you watched Mark Sanchez the last month of the season, he was like a chihuahua standing on Madison Avenue and 36th Street entering the Midtown Tunnel, eyes bigger than you-know-what, and just so shaky."

#2 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostChaos, on 04 January 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

"They're trying to find their Tom Brady. They're trying to find their Aaron Rodgers. And I don't think, in their mind, they think that they feel like they've found the kid. If you watched Mark Sanchez the last month of the season, he was like a chihuahua standing on Madison Avenue and 36th Street entering the Midtown Tunnel, eyes bigger than you-know-what, and just so shaky."

While I agree with most of what Boomer said there .. I have take exception to this last bit

How long did Brady and Rodgers get to watch from the sidelines before being thrown into the starting role? I realize its year 3 for this guy and he absolutely should be better than he is. But he is still very young and could likely be a great QB in this league .. I was pissed on SUnday but over all Im totally fine with #6 behind center for at least one more year .. but this time with a real O.C.!!

#3 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Sanchez is far from an elite qb at this point. He has always been kind of nervous in the pocket. Even when we were winning. He is still growing into this role. He is 24 not 27 or 30. I know that sounds like only a few years but it is a world in maturity. Looking on the bright side he did have some of his best numbers with the least amount of talent around him. I do believe that says something. Give him some tools to work with and get him to calm downout there and we will be fine.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Anyone remember what the first play of the season was? Sanchez getting drilled by Ware. He was sacked 39 times... but how many times was he hit? He developed David Carr syndrome. Whether it was just for this year or forever remains to be seen but you can't fault anyone, especially a young guy in a bad offense to get beat down all year and then lose all composure in December. I'm waiting for the Jets to announce that Sanchez is having some sort of surgical procedure because the way he got hit this year, I'm surprised he even played every game.

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

What does the Taco bell dog have to do with this?

#6 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 04 January 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

What does the Taco bell dog have to do with this?

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostChaos, on 04 January 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

haha

#8 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostCrazyHorseDave, on 04 January 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

While I agree with most of what Boomer said there .. I have take exception to this last bit

How long did Brady and Rodgers get to watch from the sidelines before being thrown into the starting role? I realize its year 3 for this guy and he absolutely should be better than he is. But he is still very young and could likely be a great QB in this league .. I was pissed on SUnday but over all Im totally fine with #6 behind center for at least one more year .. but this time with a real O.C.!!

Brady didn't sit that long. But that's not the point. Sanchez simply is not an accurate passer. His decision making is highly suspect but maybe that could be improved over time. But accuracy at this stage is not going to improve. On top of that he misses more often behind the receiver than in front. Crossing patterns or passes over the middle are ripe for INT's if they are thrown behind the receiver.

They are so tough to find but the search for an elite QB is a must. Think about it. 4 elite QB's in the league - Brees, P. Manning, Brady and Rodgers and all of them have Super Bowl rings. You can win without one but the chances of winning with one are great. Sanchez isn't the answer unfortunately because he seems to be a great kid and a real professional. But to win with him we will need an overpowering defense and a superior running game.

#9 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Its hard to show poise and accuracy when your constantly worried about getting the ball out before getting cracked, he's shown that when he's able to roll out and get the ball away clean he's accurate. Do I think he'll ever be poised like Peyton, no. But not every great QB has to just drop back and throw from the pocket. We need an OC that will play to his strengths.
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

#10 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

View Postchocomag, on 04 January 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Brady didn't sit that long. But that's not the point. Sanchez simply is not an accurate passer. His decision making is highly suspect but maybe that could be improved over time. But accuracy at this stage is not going to improve. On top of that he misses more often behind the receiver than in front. Crossing patterns or passes over the middle are ripe for INT's if they are thrown behind the receiver.

They are so tough to find but the search for an elite QB is a must. Think about it. 4 elite QB's in the league - Brees, P. Manning, Brady and Rodgers and all of them have Super Bowl rings. You can win without one but the chances of winning with one are great. Sanchez isn't the answer unfortunately because he seems to be a great kid and a real professional. But to win with him we will need an overpowering defense and a superior running game.

To win with him now yes but who knows if we give him time ( I cringe as I write that)

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

http://espn.go.com/n....s-franchise-qb

Everybody, it seems, is ripping the New York Jets -- even their former players.

Ex-quarterback Boomer Esiason, appearing Wednesday morning on a Boston radio station, criticized coach Rex Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum for putting "a lot of bad guys together in (the) locker room." But he saved his harshest remarks for quarterback Mark Sanchez.

"If you watched Mark Sanchez the last month of the season, he was like a chihuahua standing on Madison Avenue and 36th Street entering the Midtown Tunnel, eyes bigger than you-know-what, and just so shaky," said Esiason, according to quotes that appear on WEEI's web site.

Esiason, reached by ESPNNewYork.com, said the chihuahua line wasn't a reference to Sanchez's Mexican-American heritage. Esiason explained: "I chose a small dog that always looks shaken and has big eyes, and doesn't like big things -- a chihuahua. It's a skittish dog and he's been a skittish player."

Esiason believes the Jets' hierarchy isn't convinced that Sanchez is a franchise quarterback, and he wouldn't be surprised if they explore the possibility of acquiring the Colts' Peyton Manning if the Super Bowl winner and league MVP becomes available.

"If Peyton is able to play and the new general manager (in Indianapolis) and whoever they hire to run that team out there decides to go without Peyton Manning, then I'm sure that the Jets will be sniffing around," said Esiason, a CBS studio analyst who lives in the New York area. "Because that's what the Jets do. They're trying to find their Tom Brady. They're trying to find their Aaron Rodgers. And I don't think, in their mind, they think that they feel like they've found the kid."

Sanchez committed a career-high 26 turnovers, including nine in the final three games -- all Jets losses. The Jets finished 8-8, bitterly disappointing for a team that had Super Bowl aspirations.

Esiason blamed Ryan and Tannenbaum for the locker-room strife, a season-long issue that erupted with the Santonio Holmes fiasco in a season-ending loss in Miami. Holmes jawed with teammates in the huddle and was benched late in the game.

"I think that Rex Ryan's ways have come back to haunt him," Esiason said. "And Mike Tannenbaum ... has a lot of responsibility in this regard, because they have put a lot of bad guys together in this locker room. There's a good core of players for the New York Jets. But unfortunately, all it takes is one guy. And Rex Ryan giving Santonio Holmes the captain's 'C' on the chest was an absolute embarrassment. It's a slap in the face of all the good guys in that locker room."

Esiason said the Jets have a "major problem" with Holmes because of the guaranteed money he's owed -- $7.75 million, which becomes $15.25 million if he's on the roster after Feb. 8.

"They can't cut him, I don't think. And I don't think anybody's going to want to trade for him," Esiason said. "So, they've got themselves a handful."

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users