NYJetsFan.com Forums: I Don't Want To Be That Guy... But... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

I Don't Want To Be That Guy... But...

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

Sparano?

Really?

The same guy that played almost exclusively for FGs?

The same guy that's never been an OC?

The same guy who's expertise is the Offensive Line, yet, having spent $200M on the OL under him, the Dolphins will still need to spend a high pick on an OL?

This is the guy that's going to "open up" our offense?

Really?

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

I am not thrilled about Sparano either, unless we bring in Todd Haley as well.

I can't get over that this guy fist pumps for FGs.

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

Im not thrilled either. I like a good run game but...

It might work. Jets have a better defense then the Dolphins the Sparano is good at running the football. If Todd Haley joins that would be ideal. I like the notion of these 2 together.

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 11 January 2012 - 12:19 AM, said:

I am not thrilled about Sparano either, unless we bring in Todd Haley as well.

I'm just not sure what to think of this hire. When you think "offense", Sparano is like the 40th name I'd come up with. The dude's biggest accomplishment was the WildCat... which was solved by every team the second year. What does he bring to the table? I feel like we're making the same mistake we did with Burress, going after a household name and hoping he works out.

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 11 January 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

I'm just not sure what to think of this hire. When you think "offense", Sparano is like the 40th name I'd come up with. The dude's biggest accomplishment was the WildCat... which was solved by every team the second year. What does he bring to the table? I feel like we're making the same mistake we did with Burress, going after a household name and hoping he works out.

And it wasn't even Sparano who came up with the wild cat, I don't know the name but some coach from Arkansas brought it there. Sparano wasn't the OC with the Dolphins, when he called the plays in Dallas they were 5th in yards and 4th in points. But Todd Haley was with him and did the passing game.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 11 January 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

Im not thrilled either. I like a good run game but...

It might work. Jets have a better defense then the Dolphins the Sparano is good at running the football. If Todd Haley joins that would be ideal. I like the notion of these 2 together.

Our defense shouldn't play a factor in this signing. I mean, the Dolphins offense absolutely sucked under Sparano. We were suppose to find someone to push Sanchez back onto the right path... instead we bring in a guy who brought back a high school offense that minimizes the QB? What are we saying here? I just feel like this is more of the same but opposite. Instead of throwing the ball 67 times a game into a dime defense, we'll be running 67 times a game into a 46.

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 11 January 2012 - 12:25 AM, said:

And it wasn't even Sparano who came up with the wild cat, I don't know the name but some coach from Arkansas brought it there. Sparano wasn't the OC with the Dolphins, when he called the plays in Dallas they were 5th in yards and 4th in points. But Todd Haley was with him and did the passing game.

Is Haley coming here? I don't think so. I haven't seen a single report that indicates taht the rumors are true.

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 11 January 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Is Haley coming here? I don't think so. I haven't seen a single report that indicates taht the rumors are true.

I have read that the Jets have expressed interest in Haley and a report that Haley and Sparano discussed pairing up together. I have not seen that Haley is coming yet, but I am hoping he does.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

The right move would've been to bring in some up and coming QB coach if we couldn't land a top OC. Carolina's QB coach took Newton and made him a superstar. Someone like that with fresh ideas and ambition. You know what Sparano is going to bring. 3 yards, a cloud of dust and he'll bolt for the college ranks as soon as some ACC school has an openning.

#10 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

The guy was coaching for his job during that FG. How the f*** can you blame him for being happy?

I wanted Ramsdell but I'm completely fine with this move and it adds instant cred to the job. He'll run a consistent offense, put our players in positions to succeed and can hire his own staff.

I think it's a damn good hire, plus who knows the division better?

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

I just looked at the Miami message boards and they're all very happy that we hired Sparano. That's a bad sign. He's their Schotty. I think we just traded in our 85 Buick LeSabre for a 88 Carolla.

#12 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 11 January 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

I just looked at the Miami message boards and they're all very happy that we hired Sparano. That's a bad sign. He's their Schotty. I think we just traded in our 85 Buick LeSabre for a 88 Carolla.

Yeah because we all know how intellectual the Miami fan base is.

Right on. f*** Sparano.

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 11 January 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

Yeah because we all know how intellectual the Miami fan base is.

Right on. f*** Sparano.

Intellectual or not, when did we ever fear Miami's offense during his tenure? I mean, he's the OL expert right? THEIR OL SUCKS! If he can't fix the one thing he's built his career on, how are we suppose to feel with him turning Sanchez around?

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 11 January 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

Sparano didn't call the plays in Miami. Sometimes coaches aren't good HCs but are good coordinators, though Sparano doesn't have a big history as a OC which worries me.

But most of the Dolphins on finheaven are huge homers and hate the Jets more than anything.

Here is what one said about the hiring.

Trust me, Sparano running the Jets offense is not a good thing for us.

He coached our entire defense for 3 years, and his attention to detail is going to be extremely beneficial for them on the offensive side of the ball. He is a complete buffoon when it comes to running an entire team and things such as clock management, game situations, etc, but he will most likely thrive than fail for them.

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 11 January 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Intellectual or not, when did we ever fear Miami's offense during his tenure? I mean, he's the OL expert right? THEIR OL SUCKS! If he can't fix the one thing he's built his career on, how are we suppose to feel with him turning Sanchez around?

He's going to bring his own staff, one that'll help with Sanchez.

Sparano will do all the little things at this point we need. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised and if we're judging Miami, what they did with Matt Moore the second half of season was nothing short of amazing.

I get what you're saying but lets not take Fins words for it.

It wasn't a flashy hire but I think one we needed.

#16 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

Ahhh man I just really don't know about this hire

-

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

This was never going to be a hire that everyone was going to go crazy about.

#18 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

National Football League

Assistant coach
Beginning his NFL career in 1999, Sparano was fired in three staffing purges after brief stints with the Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins and Jacksonville Jaguars. While with the Redskins, Sparano was partly responsible for launching the career of Ross Tucker. Sparano was hired by new Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells in 2003, rising from tight ends coach to assistant head coach in his five seasons in Dallas. Sparano was the offensive play-caller for Dallas in 2006, but ceded the responsibilities to new offensive coordinator Jason Garrett the following season.

Head coach
Miami Dolphins
After firing Cam Cameron following a franchise-worst 115 season, the Miami Dolphins and new executive vice president of football operations Parcells hired Sparano to a four-year contract on January 16, 2008.

In his first season, Sparano led the Dolphins to an 115 record and the AFC East division title, securing the franchise's first playoff berth in seven seasons before losing to the Baltimore Ravens in a wild-card game. The 10-win turnaround tied an NFL record and Sparano finished one vote behind Atlanta Falcons first-year head coach Mike Smith in balloting for the AP Coach of the Year award.

In 2009 and 2010 each, Sparano led the Dolphins to a 7-9 record and third place in the AFC East. Sparano's Dolphins went 1-7 at home in 2010. The Dolphins were the subject of much gossip at the end of the 2010 season when team owner Stephen Ross flew across the country with General Manager Jeff Ireland to interview then Stanford University coach Jim Harbaugh. At the time of the interview with Harbaugh, Sparano was still the team's head coach. It was also reported by numerous media sources that Ross also spoke with former NFL coaches Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher about the not yet open position. According to reports Bill Cowher told Ross he would not talk to him while he had a head coach in place.

On January 8, 2011, the Dolphins gave Sparano a two-year extension with Ross saying he was the perfect man for the job.

On December 12, 2011, Sparano was fired from the Miami Dolphins as head coach, and will be replaced by Todd Bowles.

http://en.wikipedia....Football_League

#19 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

The guy doesn't have a very good track record. He didn't handle Henne all that well. Apparently he needed a pass influenced coach when he was calling signals for Dallas. People can say what ever they want about Dan Henning calling the plays I always have seen a long laminated play-call sheet in his hands on Sunday.

Well the end result is this hire was made under Rex Ryan so if this all goes down in burning flames then so does Rex Ryan and it's on to the next. (can't believe I said that) but I just really don't like the hiring.

Thinking optimistically he will command the respect and lay down the rules with his players. Miami never quit on Sparano even though they losing, He's worked exclusively with the Oline and running game so that should be pretty big improvement, Holmes won't be able to act like b*tch under Sparano, he's seen and played against Sanchez so he might be able to help him there. Strengthen weaknesses. Other then that I'm tapped out optimistically.

Pessimistically he might ruin Sanchez more then Schotty already has, He doesn't have experience with quarterbacks, how much is he really drawing up plays?, his history isn't warm and fuzzy.

Oh man.. usually I think optimistically but something just doesn't sit right with me.

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:52 AM

That is why I want Todd Haley brought in as well. Also Chad Henne blows, he never showed any improvement and always was a underachiever. Sanchez shows way more ability than him, he shows winning ability.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users