NYJetsFan.com Forums: L. T Hints Wr's Could Have Been The Issue. - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:37 AM) another potential HC name - Sean Payton. There is a possibility that the Saints decide it's time for a change. Unlikely but if it happens and he's out there....
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

L. T Hints Wr's Could Have Been The Issue.

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

LT hints that WRs could be root of problem

January, 15, 2012
Jan 15
1:27
PM ET
By Rich Cimini
LaDainian Tomlinson shed some new light on the Jets' locker-room issues, suggesting Sunday that the "receivers" -- Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress -- could be responsible for the anonymous bashing of QB Mark Sanchez.

Tomlinson, appearing on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown as a guest analyst, didn't mention Holmes or Burress by name. But he didn't have to.

"I think some things that happened in the locker room between (Sanchez) and the receivers, I think that's where this is coming from -- some of the disconnects that happened throughout the year, maybe some of the arguments you guys heard about throughout the year," Tomlinson said. "So I think this is where it may be coming from."

Like several of his teammates that defended Sanchez publicly in recent days, Tomlinson claimed Sanchez isn't lazy, as one unnamed player said in a New York Daily News article.

"Listen, there are a lot of things you can say about Mark Sanchez, but to call him lazy is a bit much," Tomlinson said. "This is a guy that has worked very hard off the field ... in the film room, I've seen it ... the weight room, putting in extra time with the coaches early in the morning ... after practice, when everybody is gone, putting in time. So he's not lazy."

But Tomlinson didn't disagree with the notion that Sanchez needs a viable backup to keep him sharp.

"Mark hasn't had that competition to push him," said Tomlinson, adding that all athletes are better when there's pressure to perform. "I do think he'll be a better player if he has some competition, somebody to push him."

Tomlinson suggested that the locker-room turmoil existed throughout the season, but didn't become public until players got frustrated late in the year because of the losing.

"There were times in the locker room that things were happening, but players -- for the most part in the season -- kept it under wraps," he said. "It didn't really get out to the media until the end part of the season. I think it happened because of the losses we had toward the end. Once that happened, you got guys to come out to the media, saying things, (how) they're not happy about certain situations.

"That's the issue. You have guys, anonymously, saying things that are bringing this team down and you can't have that."

Actually, things started to spiral out of control when Holmes was benched late in the final game because he was jawing with teammates, some of whom accused him of quitting. In the ensuing days, the Holmes-Sanchez rift was exposed, along with a strong anti-Holmes sentiment in the locker room. The turmoil escalated when the Daily News quoted an unspecificed number of players -- all unnamed -- that bashed Sanchez.

Tomlinson, a free agent, said he's still contemplating retirement, but keeping his options open.

#2 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 16 January 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

There goes one of the few true locker room leaders left on this team. I hope everything Ryan and Tannenbaum have said publicly about just needing some tweaking or in any way underestimating the problems within the organization from top to bottom are just smokescreens like "we aren't planning any changes to the coaching staff"!

#3 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Ok, so if Sanchez is putting in all this time and he is still regressing, I am even more worried. Maybe he just doesn't know how to properly watch film but I would hope Mark Brunnel at least helped him with that. Either way, still not good. And the fact that he needs to be pushed contradicts the time he puts in, it just doesnt make sense. How can one be motivated to put in the time everywhere else and then not push himself on the field on game day? You work out to be better on gameday . . . it just doesn't make sense. the Jets are a mess. If we are a contender within a few years I would be surprised.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

View PostClemens11, on 16 January 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Ok, so if Sanchez is putting in all this time and he is still regressing, I am even more worried.

By what measure or the imagination is Sanchez regressing? Dude just broke the team's season TD record with a 4 man OL. What more do you want him to do?

#5 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 16 January 2012 - 10:30 PM, said:

By what measure or the imagination is Sanchez regressing? Dude just broke the team's season TD record with a 4 man OL. What more do you want him to do?

Don't give me that. He got better at what capacity? Sure he threw more TD's he also doubled his turnover differential. with 26 total turn overs. So yes him being more active throwing was good but the 26 turnovers take the sizzle out.

#6 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

What a surprise, the year Mark is 5th in times sacked he fumbles more.

I suspect people have turned to his total TO number since his Ints went down despite attempting more passes.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users