NYJetsFan.com Forums: Was Rex Humbled Enough To Be A Great Jets Coach? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (Today, 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Was Rex Humbled Enough To Be A Great Jets Coach?

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

Was Rex humbled enough to become a great Jets coach?

Published: Sunday, January 22, 2012, 9:50 AM Updated: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 8:25 AM
Posted Image By Harry Kidis, NJ.com fan blogger
Posted ImageRex Ryan, will his EGO allow him to change this disastrous season around? This past week, Rex finally came out of hiding and made his public appearances on sports talk shows after the Jets disappointing season. I herd his interview on WFAN and some thought he came across as a humbled Rex Ryan. I hope so, but am not totally convinced! I heard him give the excuse that he tried to "manage" the Jets this past year based on advice given to him, but that's not him, not his way. He claimed he will be more involved in the details next year.

That's good news and a good start. However, that's not his biggest problem. We all know he has tones of football knowledgeable. No, it's not his coaching that's the biggest problem, it's his big EGO! It came out to Jets fans at his introductory news conference. Now, I can appreciate being confident, however, making brash statements at his first head coaching job's new conference only shows how deep down inside, he has no confidence; nor, I'm afraid, is he showing any smarts!

See, confident, smart coaches know that even when you do things right, there are still other events that can prevent you from winning a Super Bowl! You can have the best players, coaches, etc., but if that oblong ball doesn't bounce your way, you may still lose. We all saw how this year's 15 - 1 Green Bay Packers didn't even make the final four and we all witnessed the 2007 Patriots who at, 18-0 had superb talent as well as coaching, yet lost the Super Bowl! Last week's championship games both ended on mistakes or dropped balls or missed field goals, further magnifying the point.

So, why would Rex make such brash predictions, if he were confident and smart? How does it make sense for any coach, especially a new head coach, to make such brash claims! Well, it's pretty obvious that it was his frustrated ego talking that day. Frustrated by all those years he was passed over for head coaching jobs. His ego just had to prove he was worthy of being the Jets head coach and it wasn't going to wait to prove it on the field, it just had to let it out right there and then in the spotlight!

Unfortunately, the little success he had in his first two years as Jets head coach, just further fed that already huge ego of his! So, the brash statements and bravado kept coming. See, when any upstart newbie player or head coach starts talking, the league doesn't pay much mind, after all talk is cheap! However, when Rex continues to make brash statement after statement, he became very annoying to the rest of the league. When that happens, the whole league wants nothing better than to shut him up! And, they did!

As my friend Jeff said, "Rex is the only coach that motivates his team as well as his opponent!" So now, every game the Jets play is not only against just another NFL football team, but against a very motivated NFL football team; big difference. It's the primary reason Super Bowl winners rarely repeat. They get the "best" of every team they play. It's like always swimming against the tide; you can do it for a little while, but sooner or later, you will get tired. Rex's big ego wrote checks his team couldn't cash! Now, how smart is that?

I do not know how he can't understand this being in the league so long? "I wanted to take the pressure off my players and put it on me," Rex said last week. "That's how I am, I love pressure, but, I didn't realize that some players don't handle it the same way." How can he think that putting other teams or coaches down was the right way to go? How can he think that putting a target on your team's back take pressure "off" them instead of put more pressure "on" them? Then, he insults Norv Turner as well as his current Jets players by saying, "I would have won one or more Super Bowls if "I" coached the Chargers!" Really Rex? Is your current team so bad! It just proves how real big his ego is!

Ego makes you do dumb things. I'm sure we all witnessed this at some point. I'm pretty sure, if another coach called Rex or the Jets out, he AND his team would be very motivated to beat them! It's human nature. Besides, if any coach has the right to call him out, it's Belichick with three Super Bowl rings, five AFC Championships and numerous division titles. However, unlike Rex who has won nothing, Belichick takes the high road and compliments the Jets before and after every game. That's a smart coach! That's a confident coach! He doesn't have to run his flap, others do it for him!

So, what's the confusion here Rex? Why not take the high road? Why not continue to build the classy organization you inherited instead of turning the Jets to an organization everyone hates! You can't win this way, even if you do, you lose! Why not choose to win and be admired, respected?

Sooner or later, all egos get humbled. And, the bigger the EGO the more it hurts. It's the universe's way of reducing pain. Egos create pain for everyone, especially the individual with it! They crash and burn. They are only capable of a temporary feeling of satisfaction as sooner or later you end up making enough enemies to make your life miserable!

I hope I'm wrong and Rex sees the difference between making brash statements and calling other teams out, and working hard to get his team to prove how good it is on the field! He sees the first can only give hate, while the second, only respect! The first puts more pressure on your team, the second puts more pressure on your opponent's team. Which one do you want Rex? Be smart and choose the later!

By the way, two classy, humbled coaches are meeting in the Super Bowl this year! No brash statements or bravado coming out of them! Nope, they know it's smarter to spend that time preparing your team to win.

And know this, if you weren't humbled enough this past year to stop making brash statements, you will only experience more pain. So, do yourself a favor and even if you actually win something in the future, resist your EGO and stay humble. Take a note out of your young QB's handbook. He has shown more maturity than you in this area.

It will help your team win, Rex. I know that's what you
want. It's the only way to becoming a great Jets coach. I hope for your sake you start now, so neither you nor Jets fans have to suffer through the pain of another season like this last one! I'm routing for you! Go Jets!

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

Who wrote that?
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Canuck Jet Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Someone who loves exclamation points!
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

-Matt Groening

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users