NYJetsFan.com Forums: Would You Want Peyton Manning? - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 05:53 PM) I would do that trade. Djax has been horrible and with you having Brees as your starter, i would totally do that trade
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:57 PM) START VICK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 08:59 PM) If that guy gives up dez for rivers and Jackson he's an idiot
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 09:00 PM) I just traded dez and Steve smith for AJ green, Reggie Wayne, golden Tate and Stevan Ridley and I feel like I made a bad choice.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Would You Want Peyton Manning?

Poll: Would you want Peyton Manning on the Jets? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

????

1. Hell Yes (12 votes [38.71%])

Percentage of vote: 38.71%

2. No, I'm sticking with Sanchez (19 votes [61.29%])

Percentage of vote: 61.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

For everyone saying that its a no brainer to take him if he's healthy I have to ask....how many rings has he won? You act like he's an automatic title but yet when he was in our division with us and Brady, he repeatedly finished behind us & the Pats. He had his time but he's nothing more than a good regular season QB. He's always been known as a choke artist in the post season and most of us were the guys calling him that, but now that he may be available you want him? So coming to NY after 3 neck surgeries is going to make him better all of a sudden how exactly?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#22 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

His playoff numbers are better than Brady's. Difference was that Brady's championships were won because the Patriots had an elite defense those years. I'm accounting Peyton Manning added to Rex's defense. We would have a chance to go around 14-2 in the season and win the division for once giving us a better chance at a Sb.

Everyone complained that they want a elite QB and how the league is won by them but people are saying no to Manning, interesting.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   canuckfan Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Baseball, Military History

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 24 January 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

Thoughts?

Seems is if Peyton and Colts are going part ways. If he plays do you want him?

No. Too pricey and too much of a question mark.

We gotta fix the shit wrong with this team the long, hard way.

#24 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

Posted Image

#25 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

That can be a nice tribute video for when he gets voted into the Hall of Fame in about 5 years from now. Maybe 6 if he comes out to play this season, gets sacked & forced into retirement by being forced into a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Get over it. He's NOT coming here. He's NOT wanted. Not by the majority of Jets fans because most of us know that he's done.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#26 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

People bash Sanchez all season and then don't want Manning. And I did more research and from what I read it sounds like once his nerve is healed his neck will be stronger than it was before he got this surgery, he had a better chance at getting seriously injured before he had it then he will when its healed.
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 27 January 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

People bash Sanchez all season and then don't want Manning. And I did more research and from what I read it sounds like once his nerve is healed his neck will be stronger than it was before he got this surgery, he had a better chance at getting seriously injured before he had it then he will when its healed.

You're acting like it's a guarantee that he's going to heal correctly and that he'll be able to play like he used to. I'm sorry to tell you but we aren't the Indianapolis Colts. You're acting like you want to sell the next 5-10 years of the team out for one or two years of having this guy in the BEST case scenario. He's not going to make it through the next season IF he ever plays again. You need to accept that.

Please share whatever research you've done that says that Manning is going to be stronger. Or did you misread or misunderstand what was being said. If it's saying he's going to be stronger than what he was before the very last surgery, that may be the case, but you have to understand that to was 2 surgeries within a 9 week period so of course he'd be stronger than he was immediately before the last one. There's no way in hell he'll be stronger than he was before the first one 19 months ago.

#28 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

He played with a neck injury from 2006 to when he got the surgery to fix it, I have yet to see a doctor report that he has 1-2 years max and will end up in a wheel chair once this nerve heals. Its just a matter of when is it going to heal because its unpredictable. I just see a opportunity to add a elite QB, if we got him watch everyone on this board will be hyped up for him. If we don't we go with Sanchez and see if hes the future, which he may not be as he has to improve a lot.
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 27 January 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

He played with a neck injury from 2006 to when he got the surgery to fix it, I have yet to see a doctor report that he has 1-2 years max and will end up in a wheel chair once this nerve heals. Its just a matter of when is it going to heal because its unpredictable. I just see a opportunity to add a elite QB, if we got him watch everyone on this board will be hyped up for him. If we don't we go with Sanchez and see if hes the future, which he may not be as he has to improve a lot.

You were also all gung ho about us getting old grey beard if I'm not mistaken right? How far did that get us? I was against that one too. We have too many holes to fill to take a HUMONGOUS risk on Manning not getting crippled. Let's not forget that he's already known as a QB that doesn't like to get hit. Do you really think he would survive the number of hits Hunter would allow him to take? I don't. I'm not willing to sell out the rest of the team for one player that you personally consider elite because he's won ONE ring but has a lot of passing yards & has thrown a lot of TD's during the regular season. While Sanchez will likely never be as good as Manning, you can't guarantee that he won't be AND he's already got a better ratio of post-season probability to lead the Jets to a Superbowl before Manning ever could. Sanchez's post season record 4-2. Manning's 9-10.....Seems to me that Sanchez has a higher winning percentage when it counts.

While singing Favre & Manning's praises....make sure you keep in mind the other records they hold. Favre: Most INT's all time & Manning: Most INT's in a single game & Most INT's in a single season.

And for the record....no....you would NOT see me all hyped up about getting Manning if we got him. I was against getting grey beard before he was ever signed, was unhappy when he was here & knew he wouldn't survive the season & predicted as much. I would feel exactly the same if choke boy came here too.

#30 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

Manning is not Favre, hes a better QB and a smarter QB. Hes also 35 going to be 36 next season, Favre was like 40 already. Manning would not be a 1 year move, I think if it heals he has another 3 great years left in him, maybe more. He doesn't take many hits. If it doesn't heal it doesn't matter because he won't be playing next year.
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 27 January 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

Nothing is every stronger than it was after surgery. Once you have surgery on your neck and back you are NEVER the same again.

That being said, if he has shown that he has recovered enough and is clear to take hits and be tackled, I would take him with arms wide open. you can relax now.
Posted Image

#32 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostClemens11, on 27 January 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Nothing is every stronger than it was after surgery. Once you have surgery on your neck and back you are NEVER the same again.

That being said, if he has shown that he has recovered enough and is clear to take hits and be tackled, I would take him with arms wide open. you can relax now.

Glad we are all doctors here, I said from what I have heard his neck will be stronger than it was before the surgery, he had a neck problem since 2006.
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 27 January 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

Glad we are all doctors here, I said from what I have heard his neck will be stronger than it was before the surgery, he had a neck problem since 2006.

Not a doctor, just have many people in my family who have had back surgeries, some multiple, and that is there take on it. So that is not from a doctor, but from multiple patients who I have to see deal with the pain everyday.

And if he had surgery, it should be stronger than it was when it was still injured an unattended, otherwise what was the point of going through surgery? But I get what your trying to say. Since 2006 Peyton has been great so if he has a stronger neck he should still be great.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users