NYJetsFan.com Forums: Namath - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 09:50 PM) I don't think murray comes back. That hit was pretty vicious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) THEEE RAAAAAAIYYYYDDDAAAHSS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) Hell has frozen over
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (22 November 2014 - 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (22 November 2014 - 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) I saw a old dude and his wife at a pizza shop tonight. He was wearing an old timers service hat. I picked up his tab.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE COUGHLIN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...sharpnosepuffer
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) Another link
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Namath New 2012 documentary MUST watch it

#21 User is offline   Camenzind Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

View Postchocomag, on 06 February 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

In that case I am sure Donovan will make the Hall of Fame on his first ballot. And as for attempts, Namath had many games where all he could do is throw the ball. The defense knew it and so did everyone in the stands. However, sarcastic or not, I still have not heard back from you as to whether you had seen him actually play.

As I assume that not to be the case, let's try this one. 35 years from now, your kids will be watching the NFL and because the game has evolved they tell you that Tom Brady, Drew Brees, etc. were overrated hacks because they never threw for 6,000 yards in a season. They never threw 75 TD passes either. You sit there and say "you're right. Those guys stunk". I don't think so. At least I hope not.

There is more to the game than taking stats and reading them. Fran Tarkenton retired with the best stats of any QB ever (at that time). But he was never the best QB in any given year.

Sports makes for excellent debates and your philosophy has a certain amount of merit. It's just a shame you won't realize the other side until you are on it. As for the sarcasm, it wasn't intended as an insult. I would not want to do that to you. But let's go back to your original statement lumping Unitas, Bradshaw, and Staubach into that group. So Donovan McNabb by your standards was a better QB than the best QB's of that era. Maybe that's true. After all, his many Super Bowl rings - oops, forgot he doesn't have any. But those clutch performances - oops, his own teammates watched him barf on the field in that crucial game. But he must have had more completions and attempts and less int's than those guys so he must be better.

Speak to people who have seen Namath and those guys and McNabb. And then let me know the next time they do a 90 minute documentary on McNabb. I wouldn't want to miss it. So far its been Campbell's soup commercials.

You are misunderstanding my reference of the statistics. I did not watch Joe Namath play. I watched Super Bowl III on the NFL Network. From your previous posts, I take it you did watch him play. It is also quite obvious that you place a lot of emphasis on wins.

Tell me, how many winning seasons did the Jets have under Namath? How many playoff games did Namath win? My research tells me 3 seasons at the most and maybe 3 to 4 playoff games (not clear). So let's see... horrible touchdown to interception ratio, horrible completion percentage, and horrible winning percentage. He was a cocky, outspoken, bold player who had a lot of talent and it all came to fruition one magical season. And that makes him a great quarterback? Joe Namath is in the hall of fame because of his guarantee and what it meant to the AFL/NFL merger. He is not a great quarterback. And the last time I checked, Donovan McNabb took his team to at least 4 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl. He also had countless fourth quarter come from behind wins with a less than stellar supporting cast on offense. Check out his winning percentage.

Your argument is ridiculous and has no merit. I like Namath and enjoy his commentary. But he was not a great quarterback, regardless of the context of the NFL at the time. Chad Pennington was the best quarterback the Jets ever had and that's not saying much.

#22 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

Camezind.......I am not being condescending by asking this by any means but I am asking....what is your point? That Namath is simply overrated? That he wasn't a great QB? That he's not Hall of Fame worthy?

I will agree that he was overrated, and cocky, etc, BUT the man found ways to win. AND his biggest accomplishment was being a part of turning the league on it's ear by the team delivering on his guarantee. He may not have performed very well himself in SB3, but you can bet he was in everyone's heads in one way or another having the team believe we could win that game & we did. His flashy ways, his wearing stockings and fur coats, etc made him just as famous as his play on the field did. But ultimately, he will always be remembered for the guarantee.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users