NYJetsFan.com Forums: Peyton Manning Medically Cleared To Resume Nfl Career - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Fire the admins!
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Over paid talents
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Peyton Manning Medically Cleared To Resume Nfl Career

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,988
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Quote

Chris Mortensen
Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career, per sources. More coming on ESPN now.

Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,988
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

Quote

Peyton Manning has been medically cleared by two doctors, including Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed the most recent surgery on the Indianapolis Colts quarterback's neck, to resume his NFL career, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.


Manning
The sources said Watkins examined Manning recently in Los Angeles and concluded the stability in his neck would have allowed the quarterback to play this Sunday if the nerves in his arm had regenerated to a satisfactory performance level.
Watson also instructed the quarterback to continue an aggressive rehabilitation path that provides an optimistic outlook for Manning to play in 2012. Watkins performed Manning's spinal fusion on Sept. 8, and on Dec. 1 declared that the fusion had achieved "firm fixation."

Watkins, according to the sources, joined Colts neurosurgeon Dr. Hank Feuer in clearing Manning to play. One source said that Feuer recently told Manning, "If you were my own son, I'd tell (you) to go play."

In addition to Manning's optimistic words expressed in an interview with ESPN on Tuesday, in which he indicated he plans to resume his playing career, the medical clearance by his two doctors, the sources said, will bolster his determination to play in 2012.

Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

I wish this story would just die.

He's not coming here.
He's not coming here.
He's not coming here.

Even if he did we would be a shoe-in for a superbowl right? What would happen to this franchise if it ended up like the Favre fiasco? Yup, it would go down the sh*tter even more.
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,988
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 02 February 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

I wish this story would just die.

He's not coming here.
He's not coming here.
He's not coming here.

Even if he did we would be a shoe-in for a superbowl right? What would happen to this franchise if it ended up like the Favre fiasco? Yup, it would go down the sh*tter even more.


Why does it matter if it ended up like Favre again, don't you think Sanchez is a bum anyways? And I wouldn't think this would be a 1 year thing, he would be 36 next year as long as he can get his arm back into form he could have another 3+ years left in him. Seems like QBs can play at a high level in their late 30s still, he doesn't take many hits anyway since he understands protection schemes better than any QB in the game and gets rid of the ball so fast.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,992
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

ZzzzzzzzPosted Image
0

#6 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 February 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Why does it matter if it ended up like Favre again, don't you think Sanchez is a bum anyways? And I wouldn't think this would be a 1 year thing, he would be 36 next year as long as he can get his arm back into form he could have another 3+ years left in him. Seems like QBs can play at a high level in their late 30s still, he doesn't take many hits anyway since he understands protection schemes better than any QB in the game and gets rid of the ball so fast.


Good point on the "avoiding hits". Your right, he does do a lot of that but he might be the only QB that avoids getting hit as much as others, yet he's still has a serious neck injury.

It doesn't matter if it ended like Favre? Of course it matters. If you haven't noticed this team is the laughing stock of the league. We trade up, get Sanchez, Rex has already said he's going to back him till the end, then we flip flop and get Peyton and if we lose? The ramifications would be of epic proportions.

What do I want? Give Sanchez another go with Sparano. They will baby him even more, protect him with defense and a running game and give him every avenue to succeed. If he doesn't pan out then it's good-bye and we look back to the draft and get our own guy and start over. I want our own guy, that can be THE GUY for years to come. Not a 36 yo QB on the verge of living the rest of his life in a wheelchair.

Also, even if we win a superbowl with him... to me, it wouldn't seem totally right. It would seem like we bought a superbowl, or used someone else hand-me-down. That's just me .
0

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,988
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 02 February 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

Good point on the "avoiding hits". Your right, he does do a lot of that but he might be the only QB that avoids getting hit as much as others, yet he's still has a serious neck injury.

It doesn't matter if it ended like Favre? Of course it matters. If you haven't noticed this team is the laughing stock of the league. We trade up, get Sanchez, Rex has already said he's going to back him till the end, then we flip flop and get Peyton and if we lose? The ramifications would be of epic proportions.

What do I want? Give Sanchez another go with Sparano. They will baby him even more, protect him with defense and a running game and give him every avenue to succeed. If he doesn't pan out then it's good-bye and we look back to the draft and get our own guy and start over. I want our own guy, that can be THE GUY for years to come. Not a 36 yo QB on the verge of living the rest of his life in a wheelchair.

Also, even if we win a superbowl with him... to me, it wouldn't seem totally right. It would seem like we bought a superbowl, or used someone else hand-me-down. That's just me .


After 40+ years of not being in a SB you would care how they get there? Rex said he backed Schottenheimer and hes gone, of course Rex is going to say he backs Sanchez. Reports say that Manning doesn't have anymore of a risk of serious injury from this surgery than he had before it, he played with a neck injury since 2006. I just don't see how people can shit on Sanchez and say hes holding the team back that is built to win now and not want Manning. On sportscenter insiders the other day they were talking about how Manning is not risking paralysis by playing, that isn't the issue here. He would not be cleared by doctors to play in the NFL if they felt he was going to ruin his life.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 February 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

After 40+ years of not being in a SB you would care how they get there? Rex said he backed Schottenheimer and hes gone, of course Rex is going to say he backs Sanchez. Reports say that Manning doesn't have anymore of a risk of serious injury from this surgery than he had before it, he played with a neck injury since 2006. I just don't see how people can shit on Sanchez and say hes holding the team back that is built to win now and not want Manning. On sportscenter insiders the other day they were talking about how Manning is not risking paralysis by playing, that isn't the issue here. He would not be cleared by doctors to play in the NFL if they felt he was going to ruin his life.


You can't see it? I see a desperate team willing to sell their mothers for a superbowl, I see a desperate team willing to do all kinds of outlandish crap to win one. I see a team perhaps adding Peyton then only to lose because quick fixes with the QB position rarely work.

Doctors have cleared him to play yes, but make no mistake. I'm sure they have went over with him the end result of serious whiplash or violent hit could leave him. I don't think he needs a doctor to tell him that.
0

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,988
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 02 February 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

You can't see it? I see a desperate team willing to sell their mothers for a superbowl, I see a desperate team willing to do all kinds of outlandish crap to win one. I see a team perhaps adding Peyton then only to lose because quick fixes with the QB position rarely work.


When has a QB at the level of Peyton Manning went to a different team? Manning might be the best QB of all time, definitely one of the best. Right now its not a health issue anymore, its a performance issue.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 February 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

When has a QB at the level of Peyton Manning went to a different team? Manning might be the best QB of all time, definitely one of the best. Right now its not a health issue anymore, its a performance issue.


It's always going to be a health issue 99. Whether he is medically cleared or not.
0

#11 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,992
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 02 February 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

When has a QB at the level of Peyton Manning went to a different team? Manning might be the best QB of all time, definitely one of the best. Right now its not a health issue anymore, its a performance issue.


It's a money issue.

He's not signing here for free.
0

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,988
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 02 February 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

It's always going to be a health issue 99. Whether he is medically cleared or not.


Quote

According to one source familiar with Manning's medical review, "It's not a safety issue; it's a performance issue." This source added that Manning is "making progress."

Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 02 February 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

It's a money issue.

He's not signing here for free.


Well that's another thing. A very important thing that we haven't discussed yet.

Look there are just too many reasons Peyton isn't coming here.
0

#14 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,235
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

YES!!!!

Now let's move heaven and earth to sign him and then this time next year we'll be kickin' ass in New Orleans.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#15 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

we are already screwed, go big or go home Posted Image

muahahha, Its Peyton time!


Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,543
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

Okay....for you Peyton lovers.....did you guys miss the statement from the unknown source claiming the doc saying "IF the nerves regenerated"? That doesn't sound like anything but a bunch of P.R. bullshit to me to try to make up for the Yahoo Sports article not even a week ago claiming he's going to have to retire. Get off the Peyton train already or else you're in for a long lonely ride to disappointment.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users