NYJetsFan.com Forums: Is It Time To Just Admit - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) Like how do you get blown out by a team that didn't practice while you had 2 weeks to prepare?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) That kind of stuff may force Woody to make the big changes and fire everyone
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:55 AM) John Idzik has handled the QB situation terribly. 2 times he pretty much handed the job to his draft pick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 AM) Besides Sheldon Richardson, his drafts have been awful.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:57 AM) Maybe Woody will clean house and go all out for Jim Harbaugh, that probably won't happen though but it would be a franchise changer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:07 AM) Harbaugh would be amazing...but because it makes sense it won't be done
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 AM) According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 AM) Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) Mehta is an idiot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) If colt McCoy lights it up do the jets make a move?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) I don't even care what they do for a while
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:28 AM) The team is a catastrophe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I didn't see the game
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:29 AM) I remember the first bills game though I'm guessing it was like that with more sleeping in the end zone
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:32 AM) I'm with 0099...I hope they keep getting destroyed
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:33 AM) it's a very Jets-esque move to sign McCoy if he does well
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:53 AM) I think they sign RGIII, Cutler, or Bradford
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:10 PM) why not all three
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:11 PM) Knowing this team, I wouldn't put that past them
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:07 PM) RAUL FOR QB
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) the only real choice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:10 PM) almost uefa time
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:11 PM) RAUL>SMITHSIAH, JUST ACCEPT IT
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:22 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:07 PM) Rocking the atletico kit today 4-0 THE RAUL INFLUENCE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Haha you should make that into some kind of logo and put it in your sig
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:15 PM) Sig***
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) TEH RAUL INFLUENCE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) LUDOGRETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:34 PM) LUDOGORETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) TEH IZDIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) SUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) FOR
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) THE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) DUCK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 09:32 PM) One of these days one of you are going to type it too fast and say "Suck the Duck".
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:41 PM) Hahaha
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:04 AM) TEH POINT
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:14 AM) happy thanksgiving everyone!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:53 PM) I hope Dirty Sanchez gets beat by the Cowgirls even though I would prefer to see a tie so neither team wins
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:00 PM) Look at what a great system can do for a QB, Sanchez looks like a different QB with the Eagles.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:00 PM) Scanning the field and making quick decisions, I like how Chip has Sanchez throwing on the run which he was always great at.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:01 PM) I really hope we finally bring in a good offensive minded coach.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:45 PM) I really can't wait for this season to be done and over with
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Is It Time To Just Admit

#1 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

That were the bastard stepchildren of New York and be happy with that stance?

Even if we were to win the superbowl next year it still doesn't change a thing. Were all bastards.

#2 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

No one wants to admit it? It's ok guys. I can sympathize. I don't want to either.

The new stadium was supposed to our time to shine. It was a symbol of that things were going to change. Instead we have a windbag coach and 2 near superbowl misses.

:vava:

Oh happy daaaaays.. oh happy daaaaaaaaaays.

#3 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Just play in one of these f***ing Super Bowls in my life time, please.

#4 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 05 February 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

Just play in one of these f***ing Super Bowls in my life time, please.

I feel your pain bro. Trust me, I feel your pain. I'm 33, if I live to see 60 that's 27 years. I'm f*ckin begging them. Just 1.

#5 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

I barely watch the SB because of envy every year!

#6 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Were the little sisters no doubt about it. We're a jinxed team. We had 2 chances in a row in the AFC Title game and collapsed twice. Watching the Giants this whole post season and seeing how many breaks they caught, it really made me wonder why we couldn't get just one. Better yet, why are we the team that always gives the other teams breaks?

I think we're at least a half a decade away. That includes a new quarterback. Possibly even a new coach depending on how much or how little patience the organization has in Coach Ryan.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 06 February 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Were the little sisters no doubt about it. We're a jinxed team. We had 2 chances in a row in the AFC Title game and collapsed twice. Watching the Giants this whole post season and seeing how many breaks they caught, it really made me wonder why we couldn't get just one. Better yet, why are we the team that always gives the other teams breaks?

I think we're at least a half a decade away. That includes a new quarterback. Possibly even a new coach depending on how much or how little patience the organization has in Coach Ryan.

We caught A LOT of breaks on our championship runs. I just think we ran out of breaks. Both times.

#8 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

It seems like I enjoy watching football for completely other reasons then most of you
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#9 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

This may seem backwards to some people here but I was just happy to see Brady & the Gaytriots have their hopes of a championship smashed by a New York team once again.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#10 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postsantana, on 06 February 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

It seems like I enjoy watching football for completely other reasons then most of you

Explain? You mean losing doesn't really bother you? Jets in the superbowl don't bother you?

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 06 February 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

This may seem backwards to some people here but I was just happy to see Brady & the Gaytriots have their hopes of a championship smashed by a New York team once again.

For a split second yea, then I realized all the Giants friends I have, thinking of all the arguments I've had with them. Then I cringe.

#12 User is offline   MikeIneedajob Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 06 February 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

We caught A LOT of breaks on our championship runs. I just think we ran out of breaks. Both times.

The defensive scheme employed by Rex and the defensive staff against the Pats was anything but a break. That was fantastic game planning and great execution.

Sean Greene's run against the Chargers wasn't a break either.

All teams get good breaks but to ignore how well the team played in their 4 playoff wins is crazy.

#13 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 06 February 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

View PostMikeIneedajob, on 06 February 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

The defensive scheme employed by Rex and the defensive staff against the Pats was anything but a break. That was fantastic game planning and great execution.

All teams get good breaks but to ignore how well the team played in their 4 playoff wins is crazy.

Exactly. Sure we got maybe a break or two. The inexplicable time out in the Colts game was the only glaring one though. But look at the Giants. Look how lucky they got. Took advantage of two onside kicks that should have never been called. Got lucky with 2 special teams fumbles while playing a team that didn't fumble a punt all year. In the Superbowl how many times did they fumble the ball and have it luckily bounce right to one of their own players?

And then on the last few drivers. Suddenly everyone on the Patriots forgets how to catch the ball. Welker misses a catch he's never missed before and will never miss again. And then on the last drive, 2 wide open drops that cost them several downs, several yards and a lot of time on the clock. I mean, it's lucky break after lucky break with the Giants.

Meanwhile. Lets roll back the clocks:

-Blew 10 point lead in 1998 AFC Title game by getting shut out in the second half.

-AFC favorites in 1999 only for the QB to rupture his achilles tendon and set the franchise back several years.

-Jets draft the best QB in the 2000 draft. Jets win 2002 AFC East title. Future looks bright for the franchise.

-Star QB breaks wrist. Comes back. Tears throwing shoulder a year later and is never good again.

-Jets have 15-1 Steelers on the ropes with a chance to win the game and go to the AFC Championship game. Most accurate kicker in franchise history misses 2 field goals. Jets lose.

-Jets AFC contenders going into 2005 season. Jets sign Ty Law as the "last piece of the puzzle." Star QB tears shoulder again. Players go down one by one. Jets go from Superbowl contenders to 4-12.

-Jets hire new coach, a man who learned from the best in the business.

-Jets switch defensive schemes and are forced to get rid of an elite linebacker because he didn't fit the system.

-Jets have a successful 2006 season. Leading many to believe that they finally found the right coach.

-Jets flop in 2007, 4-12. Jets lose to the big bro Giants, local Eagles and are swept by hated rivals New England.

-Jets watch stadium-mate Giants vs hated New England in one of the best Superbowl ever.

-Jets get one of the best QBs of all time, drop once bright star whose career was off track due to injuries. Jets start 8-3 and are the best team in the AFC, almost undoubtedly after beating the undefeated Titans.

-Jets flop down the stretch, going 1-4 and finishing 3rd in the division to the second place Patriots, and the Dolphins led by the QB the Jets released.

-2009. A new hope. Sanchez.

-Defense leads Jets to AFC Championship game, only to blow an 11 point halftime lead.

-2010. The Empire Strikes back. Jets finish second in division, and produce the second biggest win in franchise history beating the Pats in the playoffs.

-Another AFC title game appearance see the Jets fail to even show up for the first half and by the second half, the Jets were in too big of a hole to come out of.

-20ll. Return of the...f*** it. We failed.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

I guess the point of bringing up all the failures is that, yeah, we catch some breaks. But for every break the Jets catch, three breaks go against them.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:05 AM

That's a good summary of the Jets since 1998. But what have the Dolphins and Bills done during that time? All I'm saying is it could've been worse. At least we saw a glimpse of the promise land. Miami and Buffalo can't even say that.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#16 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 07 February 2012 - 05:52 AM, said:

I guess the point of bringing up all the failures is that, yeah, we catch some breaks. But for every break the Jets catch, three breaks go against them.

To me one of the key themes is the lack of continuity and consistent change the Jets have undergone since 1998. In that time we've had Parcells, Belichick (for a day), Groh, Edwards, Mangini and Ryan as head coaches, whereas the Giants and Patriots have had two - Fassel and Coughlin for New York, Carroll and Belichick for New England. The situation at quarterback has been pretty similar too. New England have had Bledsoe and Brady, while New York have gone from Kerry Collins to Eli Manning via Kurt Warner for a handful of games. The Jets, on the other hand, have gone from Testaverde to Lucas back to Vinny to Pennington then to Favre via a number of backups after Chad's injuries and finally to Sanchez.
No doubt the changes the franchise has undergone at these two important positions haven't been as severe as other teams around the league - the Dolphins and Bills being just two examples - but they surely must be seen as significant. We haven't had luck at times either, especially with Testaverde and Pennington being blighted by injuries at times when it looked as though the team would be contenders. However when we've had the chance to do something special, the Jets have shot themselves in the foot.
How this season finished for the Jets with a turgid late season run, locker room friction and two of our biggest rivals meeting in the Super Bowl has inflated this sense of crisis though. We finished this year 8-8. Yes we underachieved and have holes to fill, but cool heads prevail more often than not; sweeping changes would likely be a counterproductive reaction at this moment.

#17 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostMikeIneedajob, on 06 February 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

I think we caught a lot of breaks get TO the AFC championship game. We played great in the playoffs but getting there was nothing short of a miracle.

#18 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 09 February 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

I think we caught a lot of breaks get TO the AFC championship game. We played great in the playoffs but getting there was nothing short of a miracle.

I disagree. With the lone exception I can think of being the interception off if Jackson's feet, we didn't really get "breaks". The defense played out if their minds in those playoff wins. In fact I remember in the Pats game, they caught all the breaks. They got lucky after a beautiful interception, and I remember a lot of forced fumbles that luckily bounced right back to a Patriots player. It would have been a 2 td, dominating win if the Jets didn't decide to run the ridiculous prevent defense late and allow Brady a free touchdown.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• Icon
  • View blog

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 09 February 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

I disagree. With the lone exception I can think of being the interception off if Jackson's feet, we didn't really get "breaks". The defense played out if their minds in those playoff wins. In fact I remember in the Pats game, they caught all the breaks. They got lucky after a beautiful interception, and I remember a lot of forced fumbles that luckily bounced right back to a Patriots player. It would have been a 2 td, dominating win if the Jets didn't decide to run the ridiculous prevent defense late and allow Brady a free touchdown.

You don't think we got breaks? Many breaks?

The Browns game
Charger game

How many fortunate 4th quarter come backs did we have in those 2 years?

Sneaking into the playoffs? Oh we caught a bunch of breaks.

#20 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 09 February 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

You don't think we got breaks? Many breaks?

The Browns game
Charger game

How many fortunate 4th quarter come backs did we have in those 2 years?

Sneaking into the playoffs? Oh we caught a bunch of breaks.

Oh regular season most certainly did we catch breaks. But in the playoffs everything disappeared and then we caught nothing.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users