NYJetsFan.com Forums: Offensive Playbook Too Thick/complicated And Jets Offseason Is About Speed - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:36 PM) If someone calls me an idiot or moron or stupid over a football debate it doesn't bother me in the slightest. But when you make things personal like with racist things or family crap its a whole different level
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:36 PM) I felt my FLiHi remark was as "harmless" as you did calling another person a Moron and stupid because they didn't agree with your opinion
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:38 PM) my friends and I call each other morons and stupid an laugh at each other when we do something stupid like when we are drinking. It means nothing. and we laugh about it because its harmless. I'm trying to tell you this is a big difference between what you say to people and what others do.
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:40 PM) Heck 115 rags me a lot and it doesnt bother me in the least. i rag him too. Same with GG2003 and SHJ. There is a difference between friendly banter and disagreements and crossing the line
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:44 PM) So your opinion of the line is right and my opinion is wrong? Is that what your saying? I don't know you. I'm not a drinking buddy of yours. Maybe you should learn some social tact.
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:47 PM) you felt it was harmless but you were the only one. Everyone else understood why I got was extremely offended about it the first time because you cross the line with what you say to people. Apparently you realized it enough to send me a long pm apologizing and having communication problems that get you in trouble sometimes. But now you cant understand the difference?
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:48 PM) I understand why. What I'm saying is if you take a jab people will jab back. Have you heard that saying " dont throw rocks when you live in a glass house?"
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:49 PM) The way you understand things if I call you an idiot about not wanting to trade for a high end qb its no different from me disrespecting your family. Thats what Im getting from you. So the way you see things everything is equally personal
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:50 PM) From complete strangers on an Internet forum? Yes. Man up
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:51 PM) Nod the debate was if he is a "high end" player. I thought he was well above average but not worth a 6th overall pick
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:55 PM) Not worth my time to even acknowledge anymore. Just going to ignore you like I do Mr. Jet. You have a lot of mental growing up to do.
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:57 PM) That's funny coming from a guy who went butt f*** crazy a couple hours ago
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:57 PM) Meanwhile you can't seem to respect that others opinions are different than yours
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 08:59 PM) You are emotionally weak. You went through some serious shit growing up and you can't adjust. You take it out on your keyboard.
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 09:00 PM) When someone challenges your immaturity you have a complete crazy freak out and act like a girl on her first period
azjetfan Icon : (15 April 2015 - 09:00 PM) Hence the "go wipe your pussy and man up comment
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 April 2015 - 10:16 PM) Please Rob, leave my name out of your little bitchfest.
ROBJETS Icon : (15 April 2015 - 11:46 PM) My bad. You have been respecting my request to you I had a while backI made to you by us not commenting to each other to keep peace between us. I was totally in the wrong for bringing your name up at all and into an argument with member that has issues. I got furious furious with a child. I should've just ignored him like I do the other immature kids on some game forums and sites I belong to. Wont happen again. My apologies for bringing your name into it Mr. Jet.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 07:04 AM) Dude.... Get back on your meds.
blk_orion Icon : (16 April 2015 - 07:47 AM) WTF? Really???
blk_orion Icon : (16 April 2015 - 07:48 AM) Now back to our regular scheduled program......
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 08:08 AM) Lol that escalated quickly
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:24 AM) Rex is chirping again.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) He said he is going to try and kick the Shit out of the Jets
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) http://sports.yahoo....l8xBHNlYwNzcg--
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2015 - 10:26 AM) I still like the guy. He's entertaining
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 01:25 PM) i miss rex. love his demeanor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 01:26 PM) i'd be happy if he kicks the shit out of miami and NE every year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) I
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) I'm excited for the new coaching staff
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:56 PM) Rex wsa fun, but he was too much with the defense instead of the entire football team
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2015 - 09:57 PM) also he didn't always hold players accountable. I think Bowles will make the team more disciplined.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:50 AM) I don't have any faith in bowles
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:15 AM) “San Diego Chargers will ultimately make a deal with the Tennessee Titans for the number two overall pick. As part of that trade, the Chargers will send the number 17 overall pick and Philip Rivers, just as a start, for the number two pick.”
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:15 AM) Damn... Who called it? This guy.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:16 AM) http://national.sunt...s-mariota-trade
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:13 AM) So we would now lose out on maroita and rivers
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:13 AM) Ain't that super
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:39 PM) do we make a trade for AP?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:41 PM) I believe the rivers stuff is all speculation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:38 PM) So a top ten qb and the 17th pick for the 2nd overall as a start? Makes sense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) So Many smokescreens this time of year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:08 PM) only 2 more weeks before we find out. draft day will be exciting
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) my money is we'll take a pass rushing OLB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:08 PM) Yup, unless they trade up.
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Offensive Playbook Too Thick/complicated And Jets Offseason Is About Speed

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,112
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

Quote

- The operative word for the New York Jets veterans presently partaking in off season training is “speed”. We here Jets linebackers and offensive linemen have been instructed to drop weight in the off season as Rex Ryan wants a leaner, swifter squad for next season.
- Why was the Jets offensive line so bad last year and why did so many players underachieve? I was told part of the problem is the playbook was so thick and the blocking schemes so complicated many of the offensive lineman were over thinking all season.

Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,946
  • Joined: 10-March 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

There's that "c" word again. Complicated.

The only thing that was consistent about Schotty's offense was that it was complex for everybody that played in it.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

All I hear are would haves, could haves and should haves. Rex is getting good at that.
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

So basically our players are fat and dumb. Cool.
0

#5 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 26 February 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

All I here are would haves, could haves and should haves. Rex is getting good at that.


Uhm.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,129
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 26 February 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

All I here are would haves, could haves and should haves. Rex is getting good at that.


I could have made an great Obama joke here but.... Insert any name you care to.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,112
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

The talk about the offense being complicated has been since Pennington, I am excited to see how our offense looks with a new OC. Hopefully its more efficient, I am not expecting a top 10 unit or anything but maybe one that turns it over less and has less 3 and outs. Has an identity, utilizes players to their strengths better, and stretches the field more.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,750
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

most football players are dumb. anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. sure there are some really smart QBs out there like manning, brady, brees, fitzpatrick, even our own mcelroy. but alot of the skill positon guys are pretty dumb by normal standards. schotty thought he was coaching real college kids who are smart and learn quick. he shold have dumbed it down. he'll never be sucessful cause he can't adjust to the pieces he has. shotty was trying to play chess with pieces from battleship all season
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'll be honest. After this season Rex really made it hard for me. All the hot air, all the talk.. blah, blah, blah. Then to get smashed by the Giants and Dolphins and have the team totally implode. I never really read or watched anything Jet related since. The first time I really sat down and listened to anything was Rex Ryans press conference at the combine. It was 16 minutes long, I made to the 8 minute mark and Rex spewed something like " Were not making any superbowl guarantees but this team is going to be great" I turned it off.

I'll be honest, I'm getting a little turned off by the guy.
0

#10 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 26 February 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

I'll be honest. After this season Rex really made it hard for me. All the hot air, all the talk.. blah, blah, blah. Then to get smashed by the Giants and Dolphins and have the team totally implode. I never really read or watched anything Jet related since. The first time I really sat down and listened to anything was Rex Ryans press conference at the combine. It was 16 minutes long, I made to the 8 minute mark and Rex spewed something like " Were not making any superbowl MVP's but this team is going to be great" I turned it off.

I'll be honest, I'm getting a little turned off by the guy.

View PostA1elbow, on 26 February 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

Uhm.

Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,112
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

What does this have to do with Rex? What I quoted wasn't from Rex and this talk about the offense being complicated was before Rex got here. And Rex said at the senior bowl that he isn't making any promises and said he doesn't know who will be in the SB. He just made it clear that the Jets were going to be a team next season, I think they were a team his first 2 years but for whatever reason they weren't as close last year. At least Rex is admitting mistakes and trying to correct them, hes only been a HC for 3 years there is a learning curve there as well.
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 February 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

What does this have to do with Rex? What I quoted wasn't from Rex and this talk about the offense being complicated was before Rex got here. And Rex said at the senior bowl that he isn't making any promises and said he doesn't know who will be in the SB. He just made it clear that the Jets were going to be a team next season, I think they were a team his first 2 years but for whatever reason they weren't as close last year. At least Rex is admitting mistakes and trying to correct them, hes only been a HC for 3 years there is a learning curve there as well.


This has been said over and over and again this year in defense of Ryan and let me just say, once again and for the last time till it is said at some point next season:

Head Coach of an NFL team is not a job that people get years to develop, and there is a reason for that. You don't hire a CEO or the President (he's only been president for four years, he's still learning, let's give him four more years and see if he doesn't turn out good) or even a store/office branch/whatever manager and give them forever to develop.

The idea is these guys have already proven they are ready to step into the position and should be expected to pay returns somewhat quickly. It's one thing to give a young guy who you think has a lot of upside a chance, but even then three years is a lot.

Rex Ryan grew up in a football family. His dad was a Championship winning coordinator, coached in five Super Bowls, and was a Head Coach twice. Rex is almost fifty years old and has spent his entire life immersed in football. This "he is still learning" crap has got to end.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,112
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 26 February 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

This has been said over and over and again this year in defense of Ryan and let me just say, once again and for the last time till it is said at some point next season:

Head Coach of an NFL team is not a job that people get years to develop, and there is a reason for that. You don't hire a CEO or the President (he's only been president for four years, he's still learning, let's give him four more years and see if he doesn't turn out good) or even a store/office branch/whatever manager and give them forever to develop.

The idea is these guys have already proven they are ready to step into the position and should be expected to pay returns somewhat quickly. It's one thing to give a young guy who you think has a lot of upside a chance, but even then three years is a lot.

Rex Ryan grew up in a football family. His dad was a Championship winning coordinator, coached in five Super Bowls, and was a Head Coach twice. Rex is almost fifty years old and has spent his entire life immersed in football. This "he is still learning" crap has got to end.


Other teams outside of the Jets actually give their HC time, they don't just get rid of them right away. I think the Jets are either #1 or 2 in how many HCs they have had. Its not like we went 4-12 every year hes been here, we got to the AFC championship twice, and went 8-8 this year. 2 of the past 3 SB champions didn't make the playoffs the year before they went to the SB. And yeah hes been around football his entire life, but hes been a HC for 3 years. Its different a HC compared to being just a DC. No coach wins a championship right away unless they took over a championship team. The Jets aren't as loaded as other teams.
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 February 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Other teams outside of the Jets actually give their HC time, they don't just get rid of them right away. I think the Jets are either #1 or 2 in how many HCs they have had. Its not like we went 4-12 every year hes been here, we got to the AFC championship twice, and went 8-8 this year. 2 of the past 3 SB champions didn't make the playoffs the year before they went to the SB. And yeah hes been around football his entire life, but hes been a HC for 3 years. Its different a HC compared to being just a DC. No coach wins a championship right away unless they took over a championship team. The Jets aren't as loaded as other teams.


Forget development, he has regressed as a Head Coach. What were Ryan's selling points when he came here?

1) He would bring in players. (who has he brought in the last two seasons? Tomlinson and Burress? Yuck. Maybin?)
2) He would bring together the team and make a bond based on his relationship with the players. (the team fell apart and he claims he didn't realise the situation was bad)
3) He would bring the pressure (frankly, we don't get that much pressure and what we do get is coverage pressure and not because of the blitzes)

I have the same problem with Ryan I did with Herman Edwards. He hasn't progressed in areas we considered him needing development in and he hasn't kept up his strengths. That is a recipe for disaster.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

Damn you guys are spoiled. How long you've been Jet fans? Two AFC title games in 3 years and you're picking apart the HC? Shit happens. Peyton Manning is supposed to be the best QB of the last generation and he's not even the best QB at his own Thanksgiving table anymore. Give it time.
0

#16 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 February 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

Damn you guys are spoiled. How long you've been Jet fans? Two AFC title games in 3 years and you're picking apart the HC? Shit happens. Peyton Manning is supposed to be the best QB of the last generation and he's not even the best QB at his own Thanksgiving table anymore. Give it time.


Being satisfied with two AFC Championship games is what got us this season. But enjoy your 8-8 disappointments SHJ.

And once again, I never liked Ryan. I've picked him apart for three years because I don't think because someone says they are great, they are (hence, I don't think Clemens11 is a football genius).
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#17 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,644
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostA1elbow, on 26 February 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Forget development, he has regressed as a Head Coach. What were Ryan's selling points when he came here?

1) He would bring in players. (who has he brought in the last two seasons? Tomlinson and Burress? Yuck. Maybin?)
2) He would bring together the team and make a bond based on his relationship with the players. (the team fell apart and he claims he didn't realise the situation was bad)
3) He would bring the pressure (frankly, we don't get that much pressure and what we do get is coverage pressure and not because of the blitzes)

I have the same problem with Ryan I did with Herman Edwards. He hasn't progressed in areas we considered him needing development in and he hasn't kept up his strengths. That is a recipe for disaster.



Seriously? While Rex definitely lost touch with the team this past season, he helped do something no coach has done since that bum Parcells. He made the Jets relevant again.

1) He would bring in players........Players actually WANTED to come to the Jets prior to the locker room disaster this past season. Why? They wanted to play for Rex. Tanny & Rex both share responsibility here to get the right players in.

2) He would bring together the team and make a bond based on his relationship with the players........Rex completely screwed the pooch this past season. Let's see what he does to turn it around bcuz as far as I'm aware, the one major poison wears #10.

3)He would bring the pressure........and he did until for some God forsaken reason, the D is no longer bouncing all around pre-snap & the LB's are getting older & slower. Tanny & Rex both share responsibility here to get the right players in.

Do you want to get rid of Tannenbaum too? Until Rex has a losing season, I'm not ready to ship him out just yet. Unless shit gets addressed this offseason, we're only going to go 8-8 or 9-7 again next season when looking at our listed opponents.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#18 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

Players want to play here is my favorite Ryan myth. Lightning comes out of eyes when he walks and he can move objects with his mind too.

Look at the list of guys we have signed, straight up, as free agents since his hiring and tell me who these players are. People say that like we just have had our pick of FAs. We've had a couple of guys from the Ravens his first year and Tomlinson. Who else? Seriously. I'm not here for Jets' presser talking points.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,750
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 27 February 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Players want to play here is my favorite Ryan myth. Lightning comes out of eyes when he walks and he can move objects with his mind too.

Look at the list of guys we have signed, straight up, as free agents since his hiring and tell me who these players are. People say that like we just have had our pick of FAs. We've had a couple of guys from the Ravens his first year and Tomlinson. Who else? Seriously. I'm not here for Jets' presser talking points.


your forgetting that the GM actually signs these players. and there is a cap. it isn't madden. they took a poll of coaches that players would liek to play for from a bunch of players and ryan was 1st and 2nd was sean payton. its not a myth. leonhard took less to play here, scott had alot of offers but wanted to play for rex. lewis wanted to play for rex but MT and rex went with scott instead. BE wanted to play here badly but MT didn't resign him. Plax wanted to play for us too and he had other suitors. LT wanted to play here as well. he had limited options but came. Jason taylor had other options too and hated the jets but came here to play for rex. who is to say brees, peterson, megatron, ed reed etc all don't want to play for rex but they have contracts and we have a salary cap. I've heard players complain about things but not once has complained about rex or said they don't want to play for him
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 27 February 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

your forgetting that the GM actually signs these players. and there is a cap. it isn't madden. they took a poll of coaches that players would liek to play for from a bunch of players and ryan was 1st and 2nd was sean payton. its not a myth. leonhard took less to play here, scott had alot of offers but wanted to play for rex. lewis wanted to play for rex but MT and rex went with scott instead. BE wanted to play here badly but MT didn't resign him. Plax wanted to play for us too and he had other suitors. LT wanted to play here as well. he had limited options but came. Jason taylor had other options too and hated the jets but came here to play for rex. who is to say brees, peterson, megatron, ed reed etc all don't want to play for rex but they have contracts and we have a salary cap. I've heard players complain about things but not once has complained about rex or said they don't want to play for him


So then how is it a selling point that players want to come here? It kills me how people will do anything possible to protect Ryan. And what do you mean "MT and Rex went with" if Ryan doesn't get credit?

So the great FA migration is a dude out of prison (who the team won't bring back), Edwards (who no one wanted after SF cut him), Tomlinson (who played well one year), and Scott (who lived up to his hype for about two years and now we are going to trade). Oh, and Taylor who made it one year. Oh...and of course, all the actually good players who you list to try and prove your point by saying that "maybe" they would want to play for Ryan (even though they wouldn't). I could do that...

Maybe Rex Ryan could be Moon Emperor...if only he could get to the moon!!!

Seriously, why am I supposed to care about Rex's supposed abilities to bring players in? He hasn't brought in anyone who has contributed for more than two seasons, and most of them have produced less than two years of solid play and many of them haven't done anything since the team let them go. It's a farce.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users