A1elbow, on 26 February 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:
Forget development, he has regressed as a Head Coach. What were Ryan's selling points when he came here?
1) He would bring in players. (who has he brought in the last two seasons? Tomlinson and Burress? Yuck. Maybin?)
2) He would bring together the team and make a bond based on his relationship with the players. (the team fell apart and he claims he didn't realise the situation was bad)
3) He would bring the pressure (frankly, we don't get that much pressure and what we do get is coverage pressure and not because of the blitzes)
I have the same problem with Ryan I did with Herman Edwards. He hasn't progressed in areas we considered him needing development in and he hasn't kept up his strengths. That is a recipe for disaster.
Seriously? While Rex definitely lost touch with the team this past season, he helped do something no coach has done since that bum Parcells. He made the Jets relevant again.
1) He would bring in players........Players actually WANTED to come to the Jets prior to the locker room disaster this past season. Why? They wanted to play for Rex. Tanny & Rex both share responsibility here to get the right players in.
2) He would bring together the team and make a bond based on his relationship with the players........Rex completely screwed the pooch this past season. Let's see what he does to turn it around bcuz as far as I'm aware, the one major poison wears #10.
3)He would bring the pressure........and he did until for some God forsaken reason, the D is no longer bouncing all around pre-snap & the LB's are getting older & slower. Tanny & Rex both share responsibility here to get the right players in.
Do you want to get rid of Tannenbaum too? Until Rex has a losing season, I'm not ready to ship him out just yet. Unless shit gets addressed this offseason, we're only going to go 8-8 or 9-7 again next season when looking at our listed opponents.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.
When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!