NYJetsFan.com Forums: My Mock Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

My Mock Draft Way better than your mock draft!

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

Rd 1... TRADE!!!! The Jets sitting at 16 see Upshaw and Ingram go off the board. With Malcolm Floyd staring them in the face, the Eagles can't help themselves. The thought of Jason Avant starting in the playoffs is too much and they pull the trigger. Jets give up #16 overall (1000 points) along with a 5th round pick for the Eagles pick #46 (440 points), Eagles pick #51 (390 points) and Eagles pick #77 (205 points). The Eagles would to this trade because they believe that they're 1 or 2 players away (and rightfully so since they stormed back and came a game shy of winning the NFC East after starting the season 1-4). They also have multiple 4th round picks to address depth.

Rd 2 # 46: Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State
Rd 2 # 47: Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
Rd 2 # 51: Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall

Rd 3 # 77: Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin OR Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers (whichever one is available)
Rd 3 # 78: Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State (I see us double dipping at safety because I don't think we have enough cap room to sign anything more than a stop gap FA)

Rd 4 # 108: Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State (there's more than a 50/50 shot that he's going to be a bust but once Rex put on his game tape and sees him blowing people up, he'll beg Tanny to make the pick)

We have multiple picks in the 6th and 7th rounds which we will hopefully spend on depth along the OL, secondary and maybe pick up another WR.
0

#2 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,001
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

There's a Malcolm Floyd in the draft?
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 04 March 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

There's a Malcolm Floyd in the draft?


All Floyds should be named Malcolm.
0

#4 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 04 March 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Rd 1... TRADE!!!! The Jets sitting at 16 see Upshaw and Ingram go off the board. With Malcolm Floyd staring them in the face, the Eagles can't help themselves. The thought of Jason Avant starting in the playoffs is too much and they pull the trigger. Jets give up #16 overall (1000 points) along with a 5th round pick for the Eagles pick #46 (440 points), Eagles pick #51 (390 points) and Eagles pick #77 (205 points). The Eagles would to this trade because they believe that they're 1 or 2 players away (and rightfully so since they stormed back and came a game shy of winning the NFC East after starting the season 1-4). They also have multiple 4th round picks to address depth.

Rd 2 # 46: Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State
Rd 2 # 47: Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
Rd 2 # 51: Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall

Rd 3 # 77: Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin OR Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers (whichever one is available)
Rd 3 # 78: Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State (I see us double dipping at safety because I don't think we have enough cap room to sign anything more than a stop gap FA)

Rd 4 # 108: Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State (there's more than a 50/50 shot that he's going to be a bust but once Rex put on his game tape and sees him blowing people up, he'll beg Tanny to make the pick)

We have multiple picks in the 6th and 7th rounds which we will hopefully spend on depth along the OL, secondary and maybe pick up another WR.


You pass on floyd i pass on this mock lol, well Michael not Malcolm, that and the Eagles dont trade up, they trade back.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostClemens11, on 04 March 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

You pass on floyd i pass on this mock lol, well Michael not Malcolm, that and the Eagles dont trade up, they trade back.


I just gave us a solid starter at all our holes.
0

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 04 March 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

I just gave us a solid starter at all our holes.

Haha! you said holes! :hysterical:
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:20 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 04 March 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

I just gave us a solid starter at all our holes.


Really? your saying that we are going to start that many rookies next year? And this is all based upon the Eagles trading with us when they always trade back in the first, and they already have Desean Jackson and Maclin. Even with the new rookie wage scale they cant afford to bring in another 1st round wr. Makes no sense. I didnt have a problem with your later picks at all, but Not taking Michael Floyd isnt smart, Eagles won't trade, and u insinuated we want Trent Richardson, which makes me sick.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

  • 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 31,145
  • Joined: 02-May 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:---
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

    Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

Once I seen... TRADE!!! in the 1st round I stopped reading.

moving along
0

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

View PostClemens11, on 05 March 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

Really? your saying that we are going to start that many rookies next year?


This would ultimately lead us to start 2 rookies on D and one on O (OL). It's not that far fetched. In 2010, the Packers started 3 UDFA and won the Superbowl. Besides, who would you rather start? 3 rookies or Hunter, Jimmy Leonhard, Eric Smith and Brodney Pool?


View PostClemens11, on 05 March 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

And this is all based upon the Eagles trading with us when they always trade back in the first, and they already have Desean Jackson and Maclin. Even with the new rookie wage scale they cant afford to bring in another 1st round wr. Makes no sense. I didnt have a problem with your later picks at all, but Not taking Michael Floyd isnt smart, Eagles won't trade,


Okay I see what you're saying but take a look at the Eagles landscape. If it wasn't for that December win streak, Reid would've been sent packing. He knows his time is almost up. He doesn't have the time to develop any players. This year is about results for the Eagles. Maclin has yet to play a full season. Behind him they have Riley Cooper. Are you going to put your job in the hands of Riley Cooper? What about Jackson who's every bit as retarded as Holmes? The Eagles have multiple mid round picks and they will use them to move up and snag players that can contribute in 2012 because as far as Andy is concerned, there is no 2013.


View PostClemens11, on 05 March 2012 - 01:20 AM, said:

and u insinuated we want Trent Richardson, which makes me sick.


When did I do that? I'm anti Richardson at 16. I think the RB is become what the OG position was. There is so much emphasis on pass that any RB taken in the 1st round should be a potential HOFer to justify his draft status. I also belong to the camp that thinks that as long as you fix the OL, any RB can look good.
0

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostS-Dubb, on 05 March 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

Once I seen... TRADE!!! in the 1st round I stopped reading.

moving along


This is the best mock on the internet.
0

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,610
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 04 March 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

Rd 1... TRADE!!!! The Jets sitting at 16 see Upshaw and Ingram go off the board. With Malcolm Floyd staring them in the face, the Eagles can't help themselves. The thought of Jason Avant starting in the playoffs is too much and they pull the trigger. Jets give up #16 overall (1000 points) along with a 5th round pick for the Eagles pick #46 (440 points), Eagles pick #51 (390 points) and Eagles pick #77 (205 points). The Eagles would to this trade because they believe that they're 1 or 2 players away (and rightfully so since they stormed back and came a game shy of winning the NFC East after starting the season 1-4). They also have multiple 4th round picks to address depth.

Rd 2 # 46: Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State
Rd 2 # 47: Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame
Rd 2 # 51: Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall

Rd 3 # 77: Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin OR Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers (whichever one is available)
Rd 3 # 78: Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State (I see us double dipping at safety because I don't think we have enough cap room to sign anything more than a stop gap FA)

Rd 4 # 108: Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State (there's more than a 50/50 shot that he's going to be a bust but once Rex put on his game tape and sees him blowing people up, he'll beg Tanny to make the pick)

We have multiple picks in the 6th and 7th rounds which we will hopefully spend on depth along the OL, secondary and maybe pick up another WR.


Sorry but this is no good. 1st off avant starting? they have maclin and jackson and avant in the slot. they also have the option to resign steve smith (which they won't anyway) and riley cooper. They already have plenty of WRs. no way they give away 2 2nds and a 3rd to move up and take a WR.
On the flip side vontaze won't fall that far. I can't see him not getting drafted in the 3rd round. You also didn't address the RT spot. I think mine was better netting an OLB, WR, and RT in the 1st 3 rounds
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 05 March 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

This would ultimately lead us to start 2 rookies on D and one on O (OL). It's not that far fetched. In 2010, the Packers started 3 UDFA and won the Superbowl. Besides, who would you rather start? 3 rookies or Hunter, Jimmy Leonhard, Eric Smith and Brodney Pool?




Okay I see what you're saying but take a look at the Eagles landscape. If it wasn't for that December win streak, Reid would've been sent packing. He knows his time is almost up. He doesn't have the time to develop any players. This year is about results for the Eagles. Maclin has yet to play a full season. Behind him they have Riley Cooper. Are you going to put your job in the hands of Riley Cooper? What about Jackson who's every bit as retarded as Holmes? The Eagles have multiple mid round picks and they will use them to move up and snag players that can contribute in 2012 because as far as Andy is concerned, there is no 2013.




When did I do that? I'm anti Richardson at 16. I think the RB is become what the OG position was. There is so much emphasis on pass that any RB taken in the 1st round should be a potential HOFer to justify his draft status. I also belong to the camp that thinks that as long as you fix the OL, any RB can look good.


As for the starters, I have no problem with replacing Hunter or Smith, but Leonhard needs to stay, he runs our coverages. Without Leonhard our dbs fall apart.



And when you said with trent richardson off the board and someone else, the Jets trade, which led me to believe that we were targeting those people. So for that misunderstanding I apologize.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users