NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jacobs Open To Be A Jet - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 August 2014 - 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 August 2014 - 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
santana Icon : (23 August 2014 - 01:28 PM) 2-0 lead most dangerous kind of lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 02:46 PM) Sam Bradford tears ACL and out for the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Dimitri Patterson is MISSING
ganggreen2003 Icon : (24 August 2014 - 04:50 PM) BREAKING NEWS: NO FAT CHICKS!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Rams want Sanchez
MikeGangGree... Icon : (24 August 2014 - 10:28 PM) Shotty and Sanchez again
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:04 PM) Champ Bailey to be released by Denver. Considering how busted up we are and Patterson now being suspended, do we take a look?
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:05 PM) Cro rumored to be gettin released from Arizona. We should definitely bring him in since he already knows the system and he's bett erhtan our 3rd/4th stringers which is where we're at at this point.
FlyHiJets Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:06 PM) *better than
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 01:58 PM) Cro may get released?!
Chaos Icon : (25 August 2014 - 02:07 PM) /announcement
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 04:54 PM) patterson suspended indefinatly by idzik. were fucked at CB right now
azjetfan Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:35 PM) Do the Rams have a CB worth trading for?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (25 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) Saunders had a seizure, that is why he got into a car crash. He returned to practice, weird/
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 07:00 AM) ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Jets tried trading WR Stepehen Hill this summer. No takers. Let's see if final cuts today and Saturday change that equation.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:15 AM) i hate izdik
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 12:32 PM) Our starting CB Walls working in rehab area
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 02:52 PM) any CBs that are decent on the trade block or facing salary cuts?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:00 PM) I wouldnt cut Hill watch him go to NE and turn into Randy Moss
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jacobs Open To Be A Jet

#1 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Jacobs open to joining Jets, 'could get along' with Ryan
  • By Marc Sessler NFL.com
  • Published: March 10, 2012 at 12:28 p.m.
    The Giants' trash could become the Jets' treasure, if Rex Ryan is willing to forgive a little mouthy behavior on the part of Brandon Jacobs.

Jacobs asked for and will receive his release from the G-Men and didn't waste much time in lobbying to stay in the same zip code as part of Gang Green's backfield.

"I got about three good ones left in me, no question ... guaranteed three more years left in me," Jacobs toldthe New York Post. "I would love to do that (play for the Jets). It would be an opportunity for me to not have to relocate. I got to do what's best for my family. Whichever team it is, I think is going to be a lucky team. I got a lot left in me, got a lot to offer."

One small problem here. Jacobs' most-recent interaction with Ryan wasn't exactly pulled from the pages of "Winning Job Interviews." Running off the MetLife field following the Giants' 29-14 rocking of the Jets in Week 16, Jacobs roared at Ryan: "It's time to shut up, fat boy!"

"Whatever. I mean, he doesn't like me, I respect him, but, you know, I could care less about him," Ryan said after the game.

Now looking for work, possibly in a green shirt, Jacobs backpedaled on the verbal takedown.

"That whole thing with Rex Ryan -- me and Rex are alike, that's what it is," Jacobs said. "We definitely could get along, no question about it. There were a lot of things said in the heat of the battle. It's football. I talk with players on the other teams every week and shake their hand afterwards. I like Rex as a coach, I would definitely play for him. I would not say I wouldn't go there. It would be an opportunity to see how things are on the other side."

For what it's worth, Ryan might be capable of absorbing the occasional slings and arrows from foes, especially if it means adding a weapon to the Jets' offense behind Mark Sanchez. Sticks and stones, Rex, sticks and stones.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
    • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

No thanks, we already have guys that can't break any arm tackles.

#3 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
    • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 10 March 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

No thanks, we already have guys that can't break any arm tackles.

Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
    "It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
    erikcoleman#26

#4 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
    • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

I'm open to never talking about Jacobs again.
    Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
    • Icon
    • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

Screw him, he called our coach a fat ass, and hes over 30 and hes nothing special.
    Posted Image

#6 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
    • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hut c'mon guys....he's just the guy that'll get us 1 or 2 yards when we need 5......lol.
    I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
    • Icon
    • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Lets see... A hge powerfull back that goes down as soon as he is touched. Naa I will take a chance on Hillis though.
    Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Displacednewyorker Icon

• LB Coach
    • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

I believe BJ has a few more years in him, just as I did with LT. Does that mean I want him to don the green and White of the Jets? Not really. But looking at the big picture, with Sparano on board, a big bruising back would be welcome. Do I think it happens? Not at all. For one, he will be looking for a certain dollar amount. I feel that the Jets management team will realize that the need for speed in many areas of the team are needed before the bruising type back is, and that's were the money needs to go. Two, he will want too many carries, and I do not think they will be found in Gang green land. I also do not feel that he is a great blocker. Intriguing situation, but one I feel we stay away from, for the better. And I do not think that the comments during the season hold water. He is a fiery competitor, just as Ryan is.
    Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
    • Icon
    • Group: Moderator
    • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

He was just released.

He's open to ANY team signing him and giving him a paycheck.

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
    • Icon
    • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

fuck no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Get it done MT
    Posted Image

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
    • Icon
    • View blog
    • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

If this sh*t stain even comes near my team. :ranting3:

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
    • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostS-Dubb, on 11 March 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

If this sh*t stain even comes near my team. :ranting3:

If we sign him, he'll be the only jet I've ever rooted against. i will boo everytime he touches the ball even if its a game winning TD. fuck that oversized piece of shit
    Get it done MT
    Posted Image

#13 User is offline   cworth27 Icon

• Pro Bowl
    • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 11 March 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

If we sign him, he'll be the only jet I've ever rooted against. i will boo everytime he touches the ball even if its a game winning TD. f*** that oversized piece of shit

yeah lets sign another overpaid mouth on this team just what we need
    Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
    0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users