NYJetsFan.com Forums: Dear God No... - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 April 2014 - 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (23 April 2014 - 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (23 April 2014 - 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (23 April 2014 - 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:04 PM) The media is so dumb, Jon Gieger Revis' best friend tweets a pic from the Jets website and says it's revis, and all of the media goes along with it making fun of the Jets when it was really Jeremy Kerleyr.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) uh oh - "Bradley Roby charged with operating a vehicle under the influence"
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) THE YANKEES
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Dear God No...

#1 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jets have discussed trading for Tim Tebow, "even if it's considered a longshot."

The wording is interesting in the light of a Monday report from ESPN New York that the chances of the Jets aggressively pursuing Tebow are "a long shot at best." It sounds like the Jets brass, beaten by Tebow in a dramatic finish last season, have at least kicked the idea around internally.

Rotoworld
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#2 User is offline   nejets2820 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

ummm how can i describe this... f*** NO!!!
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

If it's considered such a long shot, why is it even news? It probably just passed in informal conversation after they read Manning had signed with the Broncos.

#4 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

He'll end up in San Francisco, nothing to worry about here

#5 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostRetireChrebet, on 20 March 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

He'll end up in San Francisco, nothing to worry about here

Not in a million years.

They love Kapernick, no reason to tinker with his development.

#6 User is offline   MikeGangGreenFan2 Icon

• THE KNICKS
  • Icon
  • Interests:playing football
    watching the yankees WIN
    playing video games
    and a shit load of other things.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Watch the Dolphins f*** up and trade pick 9 for tebow!
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 User is offline   MoMilk1991 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Discussing it(because Tebow became available) is far different from offering anything for Tebow.

Also read as, nothing f***ing happened.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

I wouldnt give up a 7th for him. His only value is getting fans in the stands and he's probably only got about 3 seasons until he's lost that ability as well. The guy has everything you'd want to have in a starting qb except for the ability to play the position.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#9 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Fullback?
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 20 March 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Fullback?

Fullback who can throw. Not the worst idea right?
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#11 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

Good locker room guy.

We don't allow those.

#12 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image

Tebow: "You think this loss is bad, wait until I take your job."

Sanchez: Gasp!Just when I thought my Peyton problems were over, he still makes me lose my spot.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   NY=#1 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

if he comes to just replace brad smith on offense, i wouldnt have to much of a problem with it, but overall HELL NO.

#14 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Tebow to the Jets for Wayne Hunter and Bart Scott! Lets do it!

And then flip Tebow to Jacksonville for a 4th.

#15 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

I could just imagine the Jets locker room after a victory. Rex dropping f bombs all over the place and Tebow standing next to him with his hands covering his ears and humming some Christian rock song.

The last thing this team needs is more hype and attention, which is all Tebow would bring.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#16 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 20 March 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

I could just imagine the Jets locker room after a victory. Rex dropping f bombs all over the place and Tebow standing next to him with his hands covering his ears and humming some Christian rock song.

The last thing this team needs is more hype and attention, which is all Tebow would bring.

haha that would be kind of awesome

in all seriouness
if you can get tebow for a 7th rounder or some throw away pick of a trade it would make for good value

the kid is going to hustle his ass off. why roll the dice on trying to land a FB in the 7th round when you can potentially get tebow to run for you on a 3rd and short. the kid can be utilized and if its for cheap then of course a team will consider it.
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#17 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

Rotoworld

Two sources have confirmed to ESPN New York that the Jets' interest in Tim Tebow has "intensified."

The Jets have reportedly gone from "lurking on the periphery of the trade talks" to in the thick of them. A team source confirmed to ESPN New York the potential move would at least in part be an effort to heal the Jets' fractured locker room. "Bringing in a guy like (Tebow) would help," the source said. "It makes perfect sense." In reality, adding a polarizing personality like Tebow could serve to further divide Gang Green, and would certainly put even more pressure on embattled starter Mark Sanchez. A league source has also confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter the Dolphins are "not likely" to make a move for Tebow. Mar 20 - 10:51 PM
Source: ESPN New York

Sporting News

If Tim Tebow is indeed on the trading block, the New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars reportedly are set to move quickly to make a deal for him.

Orlando television station WKMG, citing a source close to Tebow, reported late Tuesday night that the Denver Broncos are expected to trade the quarterback to one of those teams as early as midday Wednesday. Denver would receive a third-round draft pick in exchange, according to the report.

WKMG reported that new Jaguars owner Shahid Khan conducted trade negotiations with the Broncos and Tebow's representatives Tuesday night and that talks are expected to resume Wednesday.

The Florida Times-Union reported that the Jaguars have held internal discussions about acquiring Tebow but had not entered formal talks with the Broncos as of Tuesday afternoon.

The Jets' possible interest in Tebow was made known earlier in the evening. A team source told the New York Daily News that the Jets “are players in the Tim Tebow race”. The New York Post reported that the Jets see Tebow as someone who can help repair divisions among players.

Earlier reports said the Jets, Jaguars, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins and one unidentified team had expressed interest in trading for Tebow.

Tebow’s future has been in question since Monday, when Peyton Manning and the Broncos began work on a five-year deal—the former Colts quarterback officially signed Tuesday. ESPN reported that with Manning in the fold, the Broncos would trade the polarizing Tebow.

The Jets have three QBs on their roster, but they still have interest in trading for Tim Tebow. (AP Photo)
The Daily News' report again draws into question just how comfortable the Jets feel at quarterback.

The team expressed interest in visiting with Manning when he was making the rounds as a free agent. After pulling out of the Manning race, the Jets quickly gave incumbent QB Mark Sanchez a five-year, $58.5 million extension—a deal in which the guaranteed money is significantly front-loaded.

Moreover, New York has already signed Drew Stanton to presumably be Sanchez’s backup, and Greg McElroy is the third quarterback.

General manager Mike Tannenbaum said he “feels good about” the Jets’ quarterbacks in an earlier conference call with reporters.

“You never know if other opportunities present themselves,” Tannenbaum added, according to the Daily News. “We’ll always look at it. The standard line there. We feel good about Greg and Drew and Mark. … And we’ll see where we go from there.”

The Daily News pontificates that new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, who successfully ran the Wildcat offense in Miami, could use a player like Tebow to draw up unique packages.

But while the Jets have reportedly had serious internal discussions about Tebow, at least one player thinks the Jets are best off staying put.

Cornerback Antonio Cromartie tweeted the following: “We don’t need Tebow. We sell out every home game let him go to Jacksonville Tampa or Miami.”

Jacksonville may just be where Tebow lands. He's from the area, he was a national champion and a Heisman Trophy winner at the University of Florida, and Khan has said that he would have drafted Tebow two years had he been in charge of the team.

Despite those factors, the Jaguars already have two quarterbacks in newly signed Chad Henne and incumbent starter Blaine Gabbert

A THIRD ROUND PICK?!?!?!
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#18 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

If the Jets trade for Tebow everyone up and down the chain should be fired. Horrible, brainless move.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#19 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 21 March 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

If the Jets trade for Tebow everyone up and down the chain should be fired. Horrible, brainless move.

Thats why your a fan.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users