NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tebow Is A Jet. Official Now - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 September 2014 - 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) NFL rules state that only the head coach can call a timeout on the sidelines…

Except in Green Bay where anybody up to the third row can call a timeout.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) I love NFL memes
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) Well I will be at the game next Monday night
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 September 2014 - 11:30 PM) So I will be doing everything I can to help our team win!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 September 2014 - 10:15 AM) 2nd year in a row we should be 2-0
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 12:17 PM) TIMEOUT!!
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:05 PM) SPIDER Y 2 BANANA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:44 PM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM) Eagles need to START SANCHEZ abandon the foles ship
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) Good morning
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 11:08 AM) FIRE IDZIK
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) The title race is REAL
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) Liverpool wtf pk minute 90
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 03:40 PM) 05 probably doing an air guitar
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 September 2014 - 04:34 PM) How was milber?
santana Icon : (16 September 2014 - 09:25 PM) Milber for prez
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 11:57 AM) santana you've ruined this site
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:01 PM) Cool you should share your thoughts in a post
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:02 PM) Round up the guys and be like hey we hate this guy so what can we do to fix what's broken
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:05 PM) meh no thanks, everyone else is fine. i just hop on every now and then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:07 PM) Enjoy your stay then
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 12:09 PM) Seems like the jets could be without decker for a while
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) UEFA TIME
santana Icon : (17 September 2014 - 02:03 PM) Mawae 2015 Hof for sure
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 03:35 PM) Jeromeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jetsrule1006 Icon : (17 September 2014 - 07:50 PM) The real question is why isn't #68 jersey retired
FlyHiJets Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) #68 should get retired but considering he didn't end his career with us............
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 AM) Decker is practing today, hopefully he's fine. I finally can watch a jets game live this Monday night
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:30 PM) That's good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) agreed
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:49 PM) Oh hey there buddy
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) harlem whats up dude
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) Nada much man getting ready to watch this game
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) watching Kansas State shoot themselves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:35 PM) Should have signed Hester.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:36 PM) this game might be the worst game I have ever watched, pretty pathetic.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 09:31 PM) With our complete disaster of a secondary I am a little surprised we have not either signed a guy like Samuel or made a trade
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Tebow Is A Jet. Official Now just combined the tebow topics!

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

@JayGlazer Close
Breaking news: Ny Jets have just traded a 4th round pick for Tim Tebow

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   KSUpilot Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

Is this for real?
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

yes it is

its on theredzone.org
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   KSUpilot Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Not quite sure how I feel about this
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

Now that we officially have Tebow, I can't stop celebrating. We just got a winner for a 4th round pick. I don't know why everyone is hating on here. But since pretty much you all hate me anyway I have no problem being the only one LOVING this deal. HIT IT DJ KHALED!

^Tebow's theme song in case you didn't get it. LET THE TEBOWING COMMENCE!
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COMON!:victory: :trink39: :drinks: :trophy: :beach:
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LIKE IT!!!!!
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#8 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

dAMN IT SORRY i DIDN'T SEE YOU POSTED IT FIRST 99, DIDN'T MEAN TO STEP ON YA..
Still have my caps on I'm so psyched
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#9 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

View Postbluelinecop, on 21 March 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LIKE IT!!!!!

THANK YOU! Finally someone else who has some sense! I thought I was going to be alone again on this one. :drinks:
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

P.S. I find it hilariously awesome that a trade I made in my madden franchise months ago actually happens in real life haha. Well, sort of. I gave up Sanchez for Tebow! Still a glorious day!
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

I give up on this franchise as is. We win with this team, I'll eat crow and be happy, but I think the decisions we have made the last two years show we have little to no direction.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#12 User is offline   J-E-T-S 4417 Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

I think this is a great trade. If your first reaction what they're not confident in sanchez then ur an idiot. Hes not gonna be used at QB. He gives us another weapon. It gives opposing defenses something else to prepare for. He can only help us not hurt us. The ony concern i do have is if sanchez is doing bad say like 3 games in a row, i hope fans arent going to be calling for tebows #.

#13 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostJ-E-T-S 4417, on 21 March 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

I think this is a great trade. If your first reaction what they're not confident in sanchez then ur an idiot. Hes not gonna be used at QB. He gives us another weapon. It gives opposing defenses something else to prepare for. He can only help us not hurt us. The ony concern i do have is if sanchez is doing bad say like 3 games in a row, i hope fans arent going to be calling for tebows #.

It isn't that the team expects him to star at QB. He wants to be a QB and his fans, which were one of the main reasons the Broncos did anything they could since he was drafted to get rid of him, are the type of fans that tear franchises apart. This decision is horrible from any perspective. Your primary concern is the exact reason no good team wanted him.
Posted Image

Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to

#14 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Rapid reaction: A logic-defying move http://espn.go.com/b...ic-defying-move

A quick take on the Jets' acquisition of Tim Tebow:

1. The circus is coming to town, and the Jets just love a circus, don't they? Is this their "Little Brother" response to the Giants winning the Super Bowl?

2. The attention-seeking Jets couldn't get Peyton Manning, so they take the next-best quarterback in terms of generating buzz. Sometimes you wonder if they're more concerned with back pages than victories. Hey, if we can't get a phenomenal quarterback, let's grab a quarterback phenomenon.

3. The risk far exceeds the potential upside. At best, the Jets get a change-of-pace quarterback who can run the Wildcat a few times per game, gain 20 or 30 yards and cause a small headache for the defense. At worst, they get a divisive quarterback controversy that undermines incumbent Mark Sanchez.

4. The Jets just gave Sanchez a three-year contract extension, affirming their faith in a quarterback whose stature in the locker room took a hit last season. The Tebow acquisition is counter-productive because all it does is re-open a can of worms that should've been buried.

5. As soon as Sanchez has a bad game, the Tebow-maniacs -- and the converts -- will be screaming for a quarterback change. It won't be an every-so-often thing. It will become the soundtrack of the Jets' season. It will put a lot of pressure on Rex Ryan, who will be in charge of trying to manage the madness.

6. After all the locker-room problems they experienced last season, the Jets should be focused on coming together and re-building the chemistry they enjoyed in 2010. Tebow is a polarizing presence that will split the fans, and judging from Antonio Cromartie's recent tweets, could split the players.

7. It doesn't make sense from a salary-cap/roster management standpoint. First of all, they just gave Drew Stanton a $500,000 signing bonus to be the No. 2 QB. If they were interested in Tebow -- and they had to know he'd be available if Manning landed in Denver -- why not hold off a few days? They just wasted $500,000 that could've been spent elsewhere.

More waste: They gave up a fourth-round round pick, and they're paying $1.1 million in salary, for a specialty player that doesn't play special teams and probably won't be on the field more than a dozen snaps per game. At least Brad Smith, the Jets' old Wildcat, contributed in other roles.

8. The luster of the Wildcat has worn off. Teams have caught up to it, and it's no longer the offensive weapon it used to be.

9. You can't help but wonder about the role of Jimmy Sexton in this move. Sexton is Tebow's agent and he also represents new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano. And he's also good friends with GM Mike Tannenbaum. Hmm. "Don't under-estimate that connection," one league source said.

10. Tannenbaum said after the season that the QB depth chart would have a different look in 2012. Man, he wasn't joking.

#15 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

BONEHEAD move. This just essentially guaranteed McElroy wont be a Jet this season. Everyone bitched about the lack of completion percentage for Sanchez and the team goes and gets someone who's completion percentage was almost 20% LOWER? Unless Tebow isn't planning on playing QB, this was a waste of draft picks & money.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#16 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 21 March 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

BONEHEAD move. This just essentially guaranteed McElroy wont be a Jet this season. Everyone bitched about the lack of completion percentage for Sanchez and the team goes and gets someone who's completion percentage was almost 20% LOWER? Unless Tebow isn't planning on playing QB, this was a waste of draft picks & money.

McElroy should have been cut the day he ran his mouth so that is a pointless arguement. He SHOULD be gone. as for draft picks its only a 4th, Tebow even as only a gadget guy is worth that, and as for waste of money, i heard it was only like $1.1 mill. thats considerably less than Landry so again, where is your problem outside just being a hater?
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

We finally got a blocking TE!

#18 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Me yesterday

View Postsantana, on 21 March 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

haha that would be kind of awesome

in all seriouness
if you can get tebow for a 7th rounder or some throw away pick of a trade it would make for good value

the kid is going to hustle his ass off. why roll the dice on trying to land a FB in the 7th round when you can potentially get tebow to run for you on a 3rd and short. the kid can be utilized and if its for cheap then of course a team will consider it.

Me today::

A 4th!?!?

OH HELL NO!
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#19 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Sanchez need a fire under his lazy ass. He just got it

#20 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon