NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tebow Is A Jet. Official Now - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Tebow Is A Jet. Official Now just combined the tebow topics!

#21 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 21 March 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Sanchez need a fire under his lazy ass. He just got it

Bingo!
Plus for a 4th its a bargain.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#22 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Postbluelinecop, on 21 March 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Bingo!
Plus for a 4th its a bargain.

no sorry 5+ is a bargain

4th was too much
Posted Image
Damn it huevos rancheros move out the way!

#23 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

@NYPost_Hubbuch Close
Anyone saying Tebow is a good idea COMPLETELY underestimate the dissension created by his horde of "fans" who know zero about football.

Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

View Postsantana, on 21 March 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

Me yesterday

Me today::

A 4th!?!?

OH HELL NO!

After I read your post last night I thought to myself, okay if we got him for a late round draft pick (like a 6th or 7th even a 5th) I'd be alright with it. But a 4th, no. I was going to reply and say that I agreed with what you said, but then I thought never mind because he's not going to the Jets anyway. Guess I was wrong.

I don't totally hate the move but giving away that 4th rounder really upsets me. Plus we can't even use that 6th round pick now to package with something else to move back into the 4th round. Shit we still need a pass rusher! Tebow isn't going to play defense is he?

*Sigh
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#25 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

View Postsantana, on 21 March 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

no sorry 5+ is a bargain

4th was too much

says who? you? KEEP HATING. when Tebow produces come gametime, its just another reason to laugh at how rediculous all the haters on here are.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Displacednewyorker Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

I am fine with this trade as is. A 4th for a weapon in my eyes is worth it. Tebow, as stated previously and numerously will provide instant wildcat formation WITH a severe threat to throw as he did with the Broncos. Now, I know he looks erratic as a passer, and likes to hit worms on occasion, but the averages will fall into his favor for a decent to huge play, as we all saw with Denver as well.

I also see a WEAPON that can play at H-Back and TE, with several options. Defenses will key a lot towards Tebow while he is in there. He will keep defenses honest. And I see teams that blitz on third down having problems with Sanchez and Tebow in the lineup at the same time. Call me crazy, but I think this somehow works towards the Jets favor.

As for the 4th rounder? I look at it this way. Most 4th rounders are raw, need time to develop. Tebow has serious playing time in, one hell of a gifted athlete, understands to a certain degree what NFL defenses are about. So, we just landed a YOUNG athletic vet for a 4th round RAW draft pick. Sure, gems can be found in the 4th, but I like the seasoning of this YOUNG kid for a 4th.

Now, try to persuade Chad Pennington to come in and mentor(paid of course) our QB's or at least just Tebow and I'm thinking things will look even stronger.

I refuse to look at things the Jets do negatively anymore.It's all about the upswing for me now. I have seen too much heartache to dwell on it anymore. With that, I am going out for drinks, and lift one in honor of Tebow and the Jets!
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

@NYPost_Hubbuch Close
Anyone saying Tebow is a good idea COMPLETELY underestimate the dissension created by his horde of "fans" who know zero about football.

I don't underestimate it one bit, in fact, I am COUNTING on it. If Sanchez continues sucks it up, Jets have no choice then to send him packing now.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostDisplacednewyorker, on 21 March 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

I am fine with this trade as is. A 4th for a weapon in my eyes is worth it. Tebow, as stated previously and numerously will provide instant wildcat formation WITH a severe threat to throw as he did with the Broncos. Now, I know he looks erratic as a passer, and likes to hit worms on occasion, but the averages will fall into his favor for a decent to huge play, as we all saw with Denver as well.

I also see a WEAPON that can play at H-Back and TE, with several options. Defenses will key a lot towards Tebow while he is in there. He will keep defenses honest. And I see teams that blitz on third down having problems with Sanchez and Tebow in the lineup at the same time. Call me crazy, but I think this somehow works towards the Jets favor.

As for the 4th rounder? I look at it this way. Most 4th rounders are raw, need time to develop. Tebow has serious playing time in, one hell of a gifted athlete, understands to a certain degree what NFL defenses are about. So, we just landed a YOUNG athletic vet for a 4th round RAW draft pick. Sure, gems can be found in the 4th, but I like the seasoning of this YOUNG kid for a 4th.

Now, try to persuade Chad Pennington to come in and mentor(paid of course) our QB's or at least just Tebow and I'm thinking things will look even stronger.

I refuse to look at things the Jets do negatively anymore.It's all about the upswing for me now. I have seen too much heartache to dwell on it anymore. With that, I am going out for drinks, and lift one in honor of Tebow and the Jets!

Bravo! Very well said good sir!:drinks:
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   wichitacommish Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Interests:My Kids.
    The Jets.
    Fantasy Football.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 21 March 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

BONEHEAD move. This just essentially guaranteed McElroy wont be a Jet this season. Everyone bitched about the lack of completion percentage for Sanchez and the team goes and gets someone who's completion percentage was almost 20% LOWER? Unless Tebow isn't planning on playing QB, this was a waste of draft picks & money.

Thank you, I think this is the biggest negative actually. We aren't going to carry 4 QB's. I think Greg had real potential, he was a winner at Alabama and what he did last year in the pre-season with a pop-warner OL was impressive.

Other than that I don't see many other negatives other than the media circus when training camp opens. If pushes Mark , so be it. Mark needs a little push, if nothing else his work ethic WILL improve. If he divides the locker room, so be it. Its already f-ing divided! Are we gonna let a bunch of a$$holes like Santonio and Cro run this team??? Lets face it, making Santonio a capt last year? Really? BIG mistake.

I like the trade, i will enjoy watching games this year, unlike most of the season last year.

Welcome Tim!

#31 User is offline   Displacednewyorker Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 21 March 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

LOL, very, very quick mister !!
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

I don't really support the move but I'm also not vehemently against it either. If he's a Jet I want him (and Sanchez for that matter) to shatter NFL records and win games...that's all that matters. I'll support them both and want them to flourish as long as they're Jets.
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   CrazyHorseDave Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

This will certainly break an already fractured locker room into many pieces.

Not to mention the fan base. Now every time sanchez has a bad series the tebow chants will begin. Making it even worse

This franchise is nothing but a joke anymore.

Another day of being embarrased to be a jets fan.

Well done tanny. You suck

#34 User is offline   jetstodd14 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

He's Brad Smith on steroids. Great move for the Jets adds a new look to the offense. He will line up in the backfield on some plays, defenses won't know what the Jets will do. Love the move. To many ignorant sports experts out there, think he's here as Marks backup. Mark is a big boy and its obvious where Tebow will be used as and bring to this team. Love the move can't wait to see what tricks the offense runs this season.

#35 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

After the trade was announced I open my door in my house for the first time today and find this

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

I can see it now. Tomorrow he'll be on Letterman doing a top ten list, then he'll sit down with the women on The View. He'll co-host with Kelly Ripa on her show. He's going to be making lemon squares with Rachel Ray on her show. He'll make a guest appearance on SNL.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

#37 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 21 March 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

He won't need a playbook that big on his wrist...
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

RT @AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN (1): Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade.
Posted Image

#39 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

LOL people are against it because of McElroy.

Nice.

#40 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 21 March 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

RT @AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN (1): Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade.

Start praying. Whether you want him or you don't...now is your chance to see if it works:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users