NYJetsFan.com Forums: Tebow Makes Perfect Sense - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Tebow Makes Perfect Sense

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Before I start this, let me just say that I hated this trade when I first heard it. I thought it was asinine and completely counterproductive to what we were trying to do. Then I thought about it...

1. Tebow is the perfect complement to Sanchez. Think about it. The Jets can go and unabashfully declare an "open QB competition" in camp, knowing full well that Sanchize will mop the floor with Tebow. On the other hand, Tebow's name recognition will add just a smidgen of validity to the whole "competition"... something that Drew Stanton simply wouldn't do.

2. Sparano pretty much reintroduced the WC to the NFL and ran it successfully enough with Ronnie Brown that most teams copied it and ran variations of it. We ourselves ran a pretty decent WC with Brad Smith. Guess what Tebow is? A Brad Smith who is just accurate enough to make a defender pause. No, Tebow isn't a QB but Tebow can wing it better than Brad Smith ever could. He can wing it better than Ronnie or Kerley. That makes him a true dual threat in the WC. Something that neither the Jets nor the Fish have had in that package.

3. With all the different looks an NFL offense has, the defenses are pretty much bogged down all week. Now you throw in the triple option? That's an overload. What happens with Tebow lines up as an H Back with Sanchez? What's the safety going to do? Who are the LBeers looking at? Sanchez can throw it or pitch it to Tebow who can either throw it or put his shoulder down and bowl someone over for the 1st down. It's an interesting wrinkle that we'll see a lot of.

4. This is a win-win move for the Jets. In Denver, Tebow was a sore for ownership. They HAD to play him because they drafted him so high. Here? He's a backup. A gadget guy. He's no different than Joe McKnight. He'll get his 8-10 touches and go back on the sideline. There will be zero pressure to expand his role because, Sanchez is going to obliterate him in the QB "competition".

5. Locker room presence. Say what you want about Tebow, but his attitude is infectious. You can not agree with his life principles, but when you hear him speak, it's hard to hate him. Its hard to loaf on the practice field when this guy is planting the grass, painting the field and doing everything else. He won't be a veteran voice, but his stabilizing nature and personality can only rub off in a positive way.

6. Downside to the trade. I can't think of any. If this succeeds, then Tanny is a genius who added a low cost weapon which pushed the Jets back into the playoffs, lit a fire under Sanchez and brought together a bunch of overpaid disgruntled athlets. If it fails? What did we lose? A 4th rounder. We lost 4th rounders when Leon and Brad Smith walked. Although we've had success with the 4th round pick, we've hit it with gadget guys who made plays when called upon. That's exactly what Tebow is.

I've heard people say that the Jets did this for publicity and that they're losing suite sales to the Giants. BULLSHIT. First off, any moves the Jets will make will bring publicity. That's what the team is now under Rex Ryan. The notion that this is done to boost the bottom line is just absurd. Luxury suites aren't ticketed items. They're contractually bought and sold for multiple seasons. A Giant Superbowl and a Jets collapse in one year isn't going to change that.
0

#2 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: 03-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toledo, OH

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 21 March 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Before I start this, let me just say that I hated this trade when I first heard it. I thought it was asinine and completely counterproductive to what we were trying to do. Then I thought about it...

1. Tebow is the perfect complement to Sanchez. Think about it. The Jets can go and unabashfully declare an "open QB competition" in camp, knowing full well that Sanchize will mop the floor with Tebow. On the other hand, Tebow's name recognition will add just a smidgen of validity to the whole "competition"... something that Drew Stanton simply wouldn't do.

2. Sparano pretty much reintroduced the WC to the NFL and ran it successfully enough with Ronnie Brown that most teams copied it and ran variations of it. We ourselves ran a pretty decent WC with Brad Smith. Guess what Tebow is? A Brad Smith who is just accurate enough to make a defender pause. No, Tebow isn't a QB but Tebow can wing it better than Brad Smith ever could. He can wing it better than Ronnie or Kerley. That makes him a true dual threat in the WC. Something that neither the Jets nor the Fish have had in that package.

3. With all the different looks an NFL offense has, the defenses are pretty much bogged down all week. Now you throw in the triple option? That's an overload. What happens with Tebow lines up as an H Back with Sanchez? What's the safety going to do? Who are the LBeers looking at? Sanchez can throw it or pitch it to Tebow who can either throw it or put his shoulder down and bowl someone over for the 1st down. It's an interesting wrinkle that we'll see a lot of.

4. This is a win-win move for the Jets. In Denver, Tebow was a sore for ownership. They HAD to play him because they drafted him so high. Here? He's a backup. A gadget guy. He's no different than Joe McKnight. He'll get his 8-10 touches and go back on the sideline. There will be zero pressure to expand his role because, Sanchez is going to obliterate him in the QB "competition".

5. Locker room presence. Say what you want about Tebow, but his attitude is infectious. You can not agree with his life principles, but when you hear him speak, it's hard to hate him. Its hard to loaf on the practice field when this guy is planting the grass, painting the field and doing everything else. He won't be a veteran voice, but his stabilizing nature and personality can only rub off in a positive way.

6. Downside to the trade. I can't think of any. If this succeeds, then Tanny is a genius who added a low cost weapon which pushed the Jets back into the playoffs, lit a fire under Sanchez and brought together a bunch of overpaid disgruntled athlets. If it fails? What did we lose? A 4th rounder. We lost 4th rounders when Leon and Brad Smith walked. Although we've had success with the 4th round pick, we've hit it with gadget guys who made plays when called upon. That's exactly what Tebow is.

I've heard people say that the Jets did this for publicity and that they're losing suite sales to the Giants. BULLSHIT. First off, any moves the Jets will make will bring publicity. That's what the team is now under Rex Ryan. The notion that this is done to boost the bottom line is just absurd. Luxury suites aren't ticketed items. They're contractually bought and sold for multiple seasons. A Giant Superbowl and a Jets collapse in one year isn't going to change that.


You feel pretty strongly about this don't you?
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB
0

#3 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 21 March 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Before I start this, let me just say that I hated this trade when I first heard it. I thought it was asinine and completely counterproductive to what we were trying to do. Then I thought about it...

1. Tebow is the perfect complement to Sanchez. Think about it. The Jets can go and unabashfully declare an "open QB competition" in camp, knowing full well that Sanchize will mop the floor with Tebow. On the other hand, Tebow's name recognition will add just a smidgen of validity to the whole "competition"... something that Drew Stanton simply wouldn't do.

2. Sparano pretty much reintroduced the WC to the NFL and ran it successfully enough with Ronnie Brown that most teams copied it and ran variations of it. We ourselves ran a pretty decent WC with Brad Smith. Guess what Tebow is? A Brad Smith who is just accurate enough to make a defender pause. No, Tebow isn't a QB but Tebow can wing it better than Brad Smith ever could. He can wing it better than Ronnie or Kerley. That makes him a true dual threat in the WC. Something that neither the Jets nor the Fish have had in that package.

3. With all the different looks an NFL offense has, the defenses are pretty much bogged down all week. Now you throw in the triple option? That's an overload. What happens with Tebow lines up as an H Back with Sanchez? What's the safety going to do? Who are the LBeers looking at? Sanchez can throw it or pitch it to Tebow who can either throw it or put his shoulder down and bowl someone over for the 1st down. It's an interesting wrinkle that we'll see a lot of.

4. This is a win-win move for the Jets. In Denver, Tebow was a sore for ownership. They HAD to play him because they drafted him so high. Here? He's a backup. A gadget guy. He's no different than Joe McKnight. He'll get his 8-10 touches and go back on the sideline. There will be zero pressure to expand his role because, Sanchez is going to obliterate him in the QB "competition".

5. Locker room presence. Say what you want about Tebow, but his attitude is infectious. You can not agree with his life principles, but when you hear him speak, it's hard to hate him. Its hard to loaf on the practice field when this guy is planting the grass, painting the field and doing everything else. He won't be a veteran voice, but his stabilizing nature and personality can only rub off in a positive way.

6. Downside to the trade. I can't think of any. If this succeeds, then Tanny is a genius who added a low cost weapon which pushed the Jets back into the playoffs, lit a fire under Sanchez and brought together a bunch of overpaid disgruntled athlets. If it fails? What did we lose? A 4th rounder. We lost 4th rounders when Leon and Brad Smith walked. Although we've had success with the 4th round pick, we've hit it with gadget guys who made plays when called upon. That's exactly what Tebow is.

I've heard people say that the Jets did this for publicity and that they're losing suite sales to the Giants. BULLSHIT. First off, any moves the Jets will make will bring publicity. That's what the team is now under Rex Ryan. The notion that this is done to boost the bottom line is just absurd. Luxury suites aren't ticketed items. They're contractually bought and sold for multiple seasons. A Giant Superbowl and a Jets collapse in one year isn't going to change that.



I applaud your positive attitude and wisdom on this post. The only thing i disagree with is your certainty that Sanchez will "obliterate" Tebow in a competition. Now I am not saying Tebow is going to win a competition, because he has yet to even come close, all I am going to say about it is that I think if there is a real competition Tebow will do better than you are expecting. Thats all. Not argueing, just my thoughts of how the qb battle would turnout, with Sanchez still winning.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 21 March 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

You feel pretty strongly about this don't you?


I'm looking at this from all angles. Tebow is the type of player that will kill you if you depend on him but he brings a lot to the table and takes nothing off in a complimentary role. I think that this is a terrific trade.
0

#5 User is offline   jet-man Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 196
  • Joined: 04-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

HORRIBLE POST.

1. bum, can't read thru his progressions.

2. needs a miracle every week to win, when he doesn't get the miracle then the losing streaks show up like last year.

3. never was accurate from high school thru college, to the pros. ask the bills who padded their stats off the kid.

4. this is what sanchez really needs, more wildcat for his confidence while taking away 2 draft picks that could put real playmakers around him.

5. PR circus after sanchez's first incompletion. we can hear it now.
0

#6 User is online   reg83ny Icon

  • TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 4,557
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beantown...I missed NY

  • MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Hate to bust your bubble but it doesn't make sense. Sanchez does need another QB to push his lazyy azz. But teams already figure tebow out. The book is out on him. Pats, Bills and Cheifs show how to beat Tebow. This move shows how not signing Brad Smith was a mistake. Tebow is no Brad Smith. Another hype player, another distraction. Theres a reason why Elway never backed Tebow. He's not an all around QB. Tebow is not gonna come in this season is tricked anybody. And an extra $5mil to go with the trade. #BULL$HIT
0

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

View Postjet-man, on 21 March 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

1. bum, can't read thru his progressions.


He won't have to, he's not coming here to be a QB.

View Postjet-man, on 21 March 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

2. needs a miracle every week to win, when he doesn't get the miracle then the losing streaks show up like last year.


He won't need any, he's not coming here to be a QB.

View Postjet-man, on 21 March 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

3. never was accurate from high school thru college, to the pros. ask the bills who padded their stats off the kid.


That's okay, he's not coming here to be a QB.

View Postjet-man, on 21 March 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

4. this is what sanchez really needs, more wildcat for his confidence while taking away 2 draft picks that could put real playmakers around him.


You're right. What Sanchez really needs is more snaps under Center. Like when he got 69 against the Giants, right? Because the more snaps Sanchez gets in a game, the better our offense looks, right?

View Postjet-man, on 21 March 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

5. PR circus after sanchez's first incompletion. we can hear it now.


No one is expecting Tebow to replace Sanchez. That circus is only in the press because it's dead season for NY sports.
0

#8 User is offline   arizonaJETSfan Icon

  • Pro Bowl
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 512
  • Joined: 12-September 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Devils Crotch, AZ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

I am trying to be positive here, but where I feel this signing is wrong is 2.5 mil paid to the donkeys & 1.3 mil salary this year, like 7 mil next year & 8 the following. Im no cap-ologist, but that along with the loss of the 4th rnd leaves me feeling queezy. I dont care much for the wild cat/seminole...& can see them puttin it in within the 10.. how does that help Mark grow & progress in his decision making & accuracy from the sideline? What are we tellin Mark (I mean REALLY telling him) You are our QB, but we reached out to Peyton...here is our financial apology & oh we are going to get tebow, but you are OUR GUY. Mark has been steady in his growth & now he has to worry about if he has a bad game the chants will start. The locker room (MAYBE Teabag will be helpful) may get split further. I dont know...I am going to hope for the best, Just dont agree with this when we have GLARING needs on the right side of the O Line, LBs, DE...KICKER...
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   triple3s Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 863
  • Joined: 11-April 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 21 March 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Before I start this, let me just say that I hated this trade when I first heard it. I thought it was asinine and completely counterproductive to what we were trying to do. Then I thought about it...

1. Tebow is the perfect complement to Sanchez. Think about it. The Jets can go and unabashfully declare an "open QB competition" in camp, knowing full well that Sanchize will mop the floor with Tebow. On the other hand, Tebow's name recognition will add just a smidgen of validity to the whole "competition"... something that Drew Stanton simply wouldn't do.

2. Sparano pretty much reintroduced the WC to the NFL and ran it successfully enough with Ronnie Brown that most teams copied it and ran variations of it. We ourselves ran a pretty decent WC with Brad Smith. Guess what Tebow is? A Brad Smith who is just accurate enough to make a defender pause. No, Tebow isn't a QB but Tebow can wing it better than Brad Smith ever could. He can wing it better than Ronnie or Kerley. That makes him a true dual threat in the WC. Something that neither the Jets nor the Fish have had in that package.

3. With all the different looks an NFL offense has, the defenses are pretty much bogged down all week. Now you throw in the triple option? That's an overload. What happens with Tebow lines up as an H Back with Sanchez? What's the safety going to do? Who are the LBeers looking at? Sanchez can throw it or pitch it to Tebow who can either throw it or put his shoulder down and bowl someone over for the 1st down. It's an interesting wrinkle that we'll see a lot of.

4. This is a win-win move for the Jets. In Denver, Tebow was a sore for ownership. They HAD to play him because they drafted him so high. Here? He's a backup. A gadget guy. He's no different than Joe McKnight. He'll get his 8-10 touches and go back on the sideline. There will be zero pressure to expand his role because, Sanchez is going to obliterate him in the QB "competition".

5. Locker room presence. Say what you want about Tebow, but his attitude is infectious. You can not agree with his life principles, but when you hear him speak, it's hard to hate him. Its hard to loaf on the practice field when this guy is planting the grass, painting the field and doing everything else. He won't be a veteran voice, but his stabilizing nature and personality can only rub off in a positive way.

6. Downside to the trade. I can't think of any. If this succeeds, then Tanny is a genius who added a low cost weapon which pushed the Jets back into the playoffs, lit a fire under Sanchez and brought together a bunch of overpaid disgruntled athlets. If it fails? What did we lose? A 4th rounder. We lost 4th rounders when Leon and Brad Smith walked. Although we've had success with the 4th round pick, we've hit it with gadget guys who made plays when called upon. That's exactly what Tebow is.

I've heard people say that the Jets did this for publicity and that they're losing suite sales to the Giants. BULLSHIT. First off, any moves the Jets will make will bring publicity. That's what the team is now under Rex Ryan. The notion that this is done to boost the bottom line is just absurd. Luxury suites aren't ticketed items. They're contractually bought and sold for multiple seasons. A Giant Superbowl and a Jets collapse in one year isn't going to change that.



reply to each thing

1. Remember when Rex gave Brunell some snaps in practice and Sanchez had a hissy fit. The guy has thin skin and you don't want any type of competition with Mr. Miricle Maker Tebow. What happens if Tebow actually DOES play better then him in practice (With Tebow I've seen stranger things when you bet against him). We don't know how Sanchez will respond to a real competition.

2. The wild cat sucks. Its a gimmick. After that first year even Sparano scaled back his use of it as teams got used to it. Even if it works. I'm not giving up my 4th and 6th pick for someone to come in and run the wild cat. Its dumb to do to do that. I'd rather bring in a position player to do that, than have a back up qb who can't throw do that. Also what made Tebows successful is that he played the whole game, so there are times he would just drop back and throw. Now when he comes in everyone is going to know its a wild cat play.

3. I'll agree with you in terms of defenses have to prepare for it. But I will say most teams prepare for that anyway now.

4. see number 1 in terms of Sanchez obliterating him. Also not givign a 4th and 6th round pick for a "joe mcknight"

5. Agreed

6. 4th and 6th rounder. not just 4th. we have many holes that need to be filled besides gadget player. i would have liked to try to fix one of those holes with our 4th and 6th round pick.
0

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

View Posttriple3s, on 22 March 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

reply to each thing

1. Remember when Rex gave Brunell some snaps in practice and Sanchez had a hissy fit. The guy has thin skin and you don't want any type of competition with Mr. Miricle Maker Tebow. What happens if Tebow actually DOES play better then him in practice (With Tebow I've seen stranger things when you bet against him). We don't know how Sanchez will respond to a real competition.


First, you're operating under the assumption that Brunell was any type of threat to Sanchez. He was never going to start. Both Marks knew it, all the players knew it and all the fans knew it. Sanchez viewed Brunell for what he was, an extra QB coach. If there was ever a situation where Brunell would have to come into a real game, we'd all have shitted our pants. That's why when Rex gave a few extra snaps to Brunell, Mark got pissed... because it was asinine and a complete joke. If anything, it was insulting to Marks intelligence because such a blatantly unclever motivational ploy was just... crass.

That being said, I don't think Mark is a think skinned little child most peg him out to be. This kid is the opposite. He's been in the NY hype machine for 3 seasons. He's not once broke down from the stress. He's been thrust into some very questionable situations at a time when the fan base, the city and really the entire country has the team under the microscope (because of Rexes guarantess, the Giant Superbowls etc). How many athletes would go into hiding? Shit, it took Ryan Leaf one bad game to fight a news reporter. You can question a lot about Sanchez, but his PR skills are almost Obamaesque.

Lastly, I need to remind you that Tebow was obliterated in the preseason (there was no camp last year) by Kyle Orton. I doubt that Sanchez is going to struggle with Tebow. BUT I hope he does a little. You know why? Because for 3 months all we've heard is how the Jets coddled Sanchez and how he was this entitled kid who didn't have to compete for his job... guess what? Now he has some pseudo competition. Now all those that were blasting the Jets for coddling him are blasting the Jets for bringing in someone to challenge him. Does that make sense?

View Posttriple3s, on 22 March 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

2. The wild cat sucks. Its a gimmick. After that first year even Sparano scaled back his use of it as teams got used to it. Even if it works. I'm not giving up my 4th and 6th pick for someone to come in and run the wild cat. Its dumb to do to do that. I'd rather bring in a position player to do that, than have a back up qb who can't throw do that. Also what made Tebows successful is that he played the whole game, so there are times he would just drop back and throw. Now when he comes in everyone is going to know its a wild cat play.


What made the WC succesful was that Ronnie Brown threw the ball one time for a TD. After a few games, defenses realized that Ronnie Brown will probably not throw on them so they played him like a RB. Tebow is a QB with questionable skills BUT he can throw it 60 yards down the field at any moment. That adds to the validity of the formation. He's a true dual threat. He's not a RB who may throw once every 30 snaps. He's a QB who may run every other snap. Knowing the WC or the Triple Option is coming is not a detriment just like knowing that an empty backfield set means pass is not a detriment.

View Posttriple3s, on 22 March 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

3. I'll agree with you in terms of defenses have to prepare for it. But I will say most teams prepare for that anyway now.


No other team in the NFL ran the triple option last year so I doubt that most defenses who didn't play Denver actually bothered to emulate that in practice. Under the new CBA, practice time is very limited and NFL playbooks are already too big. No DC in his right mind is going to practice for a formation they've never seen on the field.

View Posttriple3s, on 22 March 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

6. 4th and 6th rounder. not just 4th. we have many holes that need to be filled besides gadget player. i would have liked to try to fix one of those holes with our 4th and 6th round pick.


Our history for 4th rounders show that we've had the most success when picking gadget guys and change of pace backs in that round. That's exactly what this is. The 6th rounder? Are we really going to moan over a 6th rounder? Well don't worry, once the owners meet this weekend, we'll be getting some comp picks that should recapture that.

BTW, no player we draft in the 6th round in 2012 is going to fix any of our holes this season. The best case scenario is we draft a guy like Slausen who blossoms into a starter 3 years from now.
0

#11 User is offline   triple3s Icon

  • Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 863
  • Joined: 11-April 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

I wont' go through each comment. I'm going to say this. 1. Kyle Orton is better than Sanchez (my opinion so we don't have to go in depth on that.) 2. We still don't know how Sanchez responds to a competition. I did want someone to come in and challenge Sanchez in training camp, but I wanted someone that I wouldnt' mind STARTING. I think Sanchez is a better qb than Tebow, but like I said we don't know how he will respond under pressure. Now even if he wins, when he has bad games the rumbles will start for Tebow to come in. If we had a viable option as a backup I would not mind that, but I don't want to see Tebow starting any games as a jet.

I'm sure you'll say theres no way that Tebow is going to start any games, and they didn't bring him in to be a qb. yeah well same thing happened in Denver. Elway and the regime did not want him to be playing or starting. By the end of the season, you saw what happened.
0

#12 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

SHJ, you are absolutely wrong about the Wildcat. In fact, you don't seem to understand anything about it. Look at what teams have run it the most effectively, look at the formation and look at what happens in the play. It is pure power running when successful.

The formation has two or three guys that even go out for passes, and one is usually in motion faking the handoff. You don't put seven or (usually) eight blockers on the field to throw the ball. The reason teams have started defending it better is because defenses have figured out the only real threat is the "QB" running to the side of the motion player. No one running it is a real deep threat for passes or has the touch to hit a decently covered receiver on a ten or fifteen yard slant, so just a CB on those positions is fine and the RB in motion rarely takes the ball and when he does he is running at an awkward angle (i.e. W-E, not N-S).

The Wildcat is garbage gimmickry the league has given up on as a whole, and people assuming we are still going to be using it need to remember that our new OC wasn't the one who implemented it and has little to no background with it.

What's funny is ever shitty running QB that gets picked up people say he is going to run the Wildcat and it doesn't happen, but bloggers and journalists and forum-QBs still say it about the next doofus 4.6, bad throwing QB who gets a contract.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#13 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

View Posttriple3s, on 22 March 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

reply to each thing

1. Remember when Rex gave Brunell some snaps in practice and Sanchez had a hissy fit. The guy has thin skin and you don't want any type of competition with Mr. Miricle Maker Tebow. What happens if Tebow actually DOES play better then him in practice (With Tebow I've seen stranger things when you bet against him). We don't know how Sanchez will respond to a real competition.



If you don't have thick skin as a qb, you will never be a successful nfl qb, so if he wants to go in a shell and pout like a lil girl then fine, good riddens. Cut him next year and be done with the loser.


As for the Wildcat not being successful, Tebow still ran option pretty darn well last season.
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 22 March 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

SHJ, you are absolutely wrong about the Wildcat. In fact, you don't seem to understand anything about it. Look at what teams have run it the most effectively, look at the formation and look at what happens in the play. It is pure power running when successful.

The formation has two or three guys that even go out for passes, and one is usually in motion faking the handoff. You don't put seven or (usually) eight blockers on the field to throw the ball. The reason teams have started defending it better is because defenses have figured out the only real threat is the "QB" running to the side of the motion player. No one running it is a real deep threat for passes or has the touch to hit a decently covered receiver on a ten or fifteen yard slant, so just a CB on those positions is fine and the RB in motion rarely takes the ball and when he does he is running at an awkward angle (i.e. W-E, not N-S).

The Wildcat is garbage gimmickry the league has given up on as a whole, and people assuming we are still going to be using it need to remember that our new OC wasn't the one who implemented it and has little to no background with it.

What's funny is ever shitty running QB that gets picked up people say he is going to run the Wildcat and it doesn't happen, but bloggers and journalists and forum-QBs still say it about the next doofus 4.6, bad throwing QB who gets a contract.


this would have some validity if Tebow couldnt hit players off the fake option, but since he did all last year, including on deep throws, your arguement falls apart at its foundations. He may not be the most accurate qb, but he throws better than anyone who has run the wildcat since its rebirth.
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,830
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

posted this on the main page
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,609
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostClemens11, on 22 March 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

this would have some validity if Tebow couldnt hit players off the fake option, but since he did all last year, including on deep throws, your arguement falls apart at its foundations. He may not be the most accurate qb, but he throws better than anyone who has run the wildcat since its rebirth.


Exactly, but the flip side is he isn't as good of a runner as ronnie brown or brad smith or even kerly for us. But teams have to respect his ability to pas much more then any of those guys
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#17 User is offline   A1elbow Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 07-October 09

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostClemens11, on 22 March 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

this would have some validity if Tebow couldnt hit players off the fake option, but since he did all last year, including on deep throws, your arguement falls apart at its foundations. He may not be the most accurate qb, but he throws better than anyone who has run the wildcat since its rebirth.


Except the Wildcat isn't about passing, which is why teams with QBs capable or running run spread offenses and not the Wildcat. Guys that can halfway pass (like Vick or Young or Tebow last year) get put in modified pro-style offenses. RBs and receivers who can sort of pass run the Wildcat. If you did anything other than troll message boards and watch highlight videos you would know that.

Unfortunately, since you don't actually know anything about the game all you can do is make generic comments about how you're smart and other people aren't on your level and post smilies.
Posted Image


Exterminate all rational thought, that is the conclusion I have come to
0

#18 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

  • I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,143
  • Joined: 25-July 07
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostA1elbow, on 22 March 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Except the Wildcat isn't about passing, which is why teams with QBs capable or running run spread offenses and not the Wildcat. Guys that can halfway pass (like Vick or Young or Tebow last year) get put in modified pro-style offenses. RBs and receivers who can sort of pass run the Wildcat. If you did anything other than troll message boards and watch highlight videos you would know that.

Unfortunately, since you don't actually know anything about the game all you can do is make generic comments about how you're smart and other people aren't on your level and post smilies.



See but your acting like this is going to be a strict wildcat like we run with Kerley. Dont you think the team is going to run plays that play best to Tebow's strengths as well as the other players involved with the play? Formations and plays should be modified based on personnel, the only reasons its called a Wildcat is because that is an easy broad term for them to use so that people understand that Tebow will be running an option-like offense.

Plus Tebow may not be as fast or quick as Kerley but dont think he wont be as effective at running the ball. He has proven he is a beast when he carries the rock. this is to both you and Jetsfan115
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

View Postsantana, on 22 March 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

posted this on the main page


Where's my coffee mug?!
0

#20 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 7,830
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 22 March 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Where's my coffee mug?!


in your culo cholo
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users